PDA

View Full Version : Standing room only in Maryland last night.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-01-2012, 09:30 AM
The Ron Paul meetup group officially ran out of room last night. Not only did we run out of room to place chairs but we even ran out of chairs. As I spoke I noticed more people coming in and groups of people starting to stand in crowds in the doorways. Every one of them anxious and ready to get involved with all of the projects we have planned. There is something very big going on here. This is the same area just last election where I had people flipping me off and knocking over signs and slamming doors in my face and now they are packed in like sardines. What is even more encouraging is the wise spread of people we are seeing. The group is made up of rich and poor, men and women, young and old. In our group we have a man who was alive to vote for Herbert Hoover and some kids who will just barely be old enough to vote. These people sit and talk and laugh all bonded by one simple message.
You see old school Democrats, old school Republicans and lifelong independents all coming together.

When the meeting ends you see the evangelical couples mingling with the athiests and bonding over the liberty message. You see young musicians being offered help by people who own production studios, scholars wanting to help out people just learning, the more well to do members offering to buy signs and supplies for those unemployed or just making it on minimum wage and in the middle of it all... there is me.... smiling. It has been a long road since 2007 and there is still a long way to go for sure but when you have walked hundreds of miles, frozen in the snow, driven all up and down the East Coast, made phone calls until your ears hurt, missed meals because you gave your food money to the campaign, been laughed at, mocked and ridiculed by people who claim to love you and even total strangers... It feels so good to see the message getting through.

For those of you who live in Eastern Maryland, be sure to get involved with us on Facebook by searching for "Mid-Shore for Ron Paul" and be sure to come out for our events. Coming up in the next 30 days I will be leading a large sign wave and billboard unveiling along Route 50 (heaviest travelled road in our part of the state), a voter registration drive at the GOP headquarters, a video production, decorating for St. Patty's day parade floats, sign making parties and town by town canvassing trips. If you cannot be involved but want to help out by sending any unused supplies our way than please message me as we are in need of just about anything we can get our hands on.

As I told my group last night... This is just the start of something amazing but we never would have come this far had it not been for a small group of dedicated patriots who refused to spend even just one more day in silence. The knowledge we have means we have a responsibility to act so never be quiet even in the face of adversity. Never sit down even when outnumbered and never give up even when it seems hopeless. Keep going, keep the faith and one day... God willing... You too will look up to see you speaking to a standing room only crowd.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-01-2012, 09:33 AM
$17.76 going to the campaign btw.... I hope more of you will join me in donating what you can today so we can keep up the fight.

goldpants
02-01-2012, 09:39 AM
Awesome, keep us posted on what you guys are doing to draw everyone together.

rprprs
02-01-2012, 09:59 AM
$17.76 going to the campaign btw.... I hope more of you will join me in donating what you can today so we can keep up the fight.Thank you for such an inspiring OP! And I just donated $55.00 today in honor of Ron & Carol's anniversary.

RonPaul101.com
02-01-2012, 10:17 AM
You should hold a meetup to discuss campaigning on the Delmarva across the VA state line. VA CD-2 is going to be a close battle between Paul and Romney and could go either way. They hold an open primary on March 6th, Super Tuesday.

pipewerKz
02-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Donated - Originally from Maryland myself. One of my younger brothers is involved with Ron Paul over there in Harford County.

Crickett
02-01-2012, 10:40 AM
Excellent post and work. Loved to read it. GO!!

sailingaway
02-01-2012, 10:52 AM
that's wonderful!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
You should hold a meetup to discuss campaigning on the Delmarva across the VA state line. VA CD-2 is going to be a close battle between Paul and Romney and could go either way. They hold an open primary on March 6th, Super Tuesday.

That is an idea we have kicked around. We want to help out the DE folks with getting signatures and after that we are looking at going into the Eastern Shore of Virginia to do some canvassing in Accomack County.

Carole
02-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Amazing story. So how many people now compared to four years ago? :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Amazing story. So how many people now compared to four years ago? :)

In 07/08 I had trouble getting 5 people and they were usually not motivated to really do anything but talk about issues amongst each other. This time we are packing them in. I understand a local paper is going to be running a story in the next day or two about how packed the place was.

Luciconsort
02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
I'm proud to be a part of the things we got going on here on the shore... This being the first time I've really been involved in anything of this sort, it makes me excited to see all the people that are brought together by the message of Liberty, and excited for the work we'll do in the future.

Muttley
02-10-2012, 08:44 PM
Nice work sir. I'm glad to hear that you're seeing all of your hard work pay off. Hopefully a win tomorrow will boost everyone's morale and we'll see a rebirth of momentum!

Firehouse26
02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
The Ron Paul meetup group officially ran out of room last night. Not only did we run out of room to place chairs but we even ran out of chairs. As I spoke I noticed more people coming in and groups of people starting to stand in crowds in the doorways. Every one of them anxious and ready to get involved with all of the projects we have planned. There is something very big going on here. This is the same area just last election where I had people flipping me off and knocking over signs and slamming doors in my face and now they are packed in like sardines. What is even more encouraging is the wise spread of people we are seeing. The group is made up of rich and poor, men and women, young and old. In our group we have a man who was alive to vote for Herbert Hoover and some kids who will just barely be old enough to vote. These people sit and talk and laugh all bonded by one simple message.
You see old school Democrats, old school Republicans and lifelong independents all coming together.

When the meeting ends you see the evangelical couples mingling with the athiests and bonding over the liberty message. You see young musicians being offered help by people who own production studios, scholars wanting to help out people just learning, the more well to do members offering to buy signs and supplies for those unemployed or just making it on minimum wage and in the middle of it all... there is me.... smiling. It has been a long road since 2007 and there is still a long way to go for sure but when you have walked hundreds of miles, frozen in the snow, driven all up and down the East Coast, made phone calls until your ears hurt, missed meals because you gave your food money to the campaign, been laughed at, mocked and ridiculed by people who claim to love you and even total strangers... It feels so good to see the message getting through.

For those of you who live in Eastern Maryland, be sure to get involved with us on Facebook by searching for "Mid-Shore for Ron Paul" and be sure to come out for our events. Coming up in the next 30 days I will be leading a large sign wave and billboard unveiling along Route 50 (heaviest travelled road in our part of the state), a voter registration drive at the GOP headquarters, a video production, decorating for St. Patty's day parade floats, sign making parties and town by town canvassing trips. If you cannot be involved but want to help out by sending any unused supplies our way than please message me as we are in need of just about anything we can get our hands on.

As I told my group last night... This is just the start of something amazing but we never would have come this far had it not been for a small group of dedicated patriots who refused to spend even just one more day in silence. The knowledge we have means we have a responsibility to act so never be quiet even in the face of adversity. Never sit down even when outnumbered and never give up even when it seems hopeless. Keep going, keep the faith and one day... God willing... You too will look up to see you speaking to a standing room only crowd.

Great work man! The common bond of such a wide range of supporters really shows the power of the message. I just hope there is a fluid transition from election cycle excitement to Campaign For Liberty post election no matter the outcome. By the way,when is your Rt. 50 sign wave? I'm in Bethany Beach and want to participate. We also have a Sussex Co. meetup tomorrow with a campaign rep. in Seaford, DE at the library.