PDA

View Full Version : Will the west coast have to donate before 9pm?

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 03:15 AM
By the time it passes midnight, December 17th on the east coast, it will still be December 16th on the west coast. Will their donations between 9pm-12am count toward the 24 hour donation total?

If not, we'll have to find a way to get as many west coast donations in as we can before 9pm their time

jcims
11-12-2007, 03:45 AM
If we start at 12:00AM EST, we'll have to stop before 12:00AM EST on the following day, otherwise it won't be a 24-hour period. Of course the start time could be delayed, but that might be tougher than asking folks to get their donation in before 9pm. The dollars all spend the same, and i have a hunch that the 11/5 record is going to be short-lived regardless, but if they want to count towards the one-day record total, i'd say that the folks on the West coast need to get in before 9pm.

austin356
11-12-2007, 10:39 AM
If we want to keep it simple and understandable and still get the highest number then yea.

Visual
11-12-2007, 11:13 AM
It's horribly difficult to advertise anything else than a the entire day. The times are always put in EST since that's where the majority of the population of the US lives. It's just easier. When advertising it on westcoast sites (if there are any) make sure you include EST... most people on the internet know the time diffrence and can compensate.

jcims
11-12-2007, 12:40 PM
I can't imagine someone that's actually signed up waiting until 9pm to even look at the site, so if we throw a few 24 hour countdown timers up during that day, we should be fine.

Seems like the bigger problem the last time was people starting too early.

That and speculation that we were flooding the credit card processor

Convert
11-12-2007, 12:43 PM
By the time it passes midnight, December 17th on the east coast, it will still be December 16th on the west coast. Will their donations between 9pm-12am count toward the 24 hour donation total?

If not, we'll have to find a way to get as many west coast donations in as we can before 9pm their time

That's okay, we get to start at 9:01 PM on the previous day!