PDA

View Full Version : VA-Cops, creeping around trying to find source of pot smoke, shoot man's dog.

Anti Federalist
02-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Chesapeake police shoot dog that jumped over fence, owner wants answers

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-owner-of-dog-shot-by-chesapeake-police-still-wants-answers-20120125,0,5098689.story

12:18 a.m. EST, January 26, 2012

CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WTKR) Dog owner Peter Pierson walks along the fence in his backyard. Nearby, his boat is marked with blood from his dog, Lady Gigi, a Chesapeake Bay Retriever that was shot by police on Crowell Avenue on Monday.

“She was a good dog and a great mother,” says Pierson.

Chesapeake police say the dog jumped over the fence and attacked an officer.

Two shots were fired, one hitting the dog in the jaw.

"She was just in a lot of pain and the bullet wound was just too much, so she had to be put down,” says Pierson.

Her three puppies are now without their mother.

Pierson suspects the eight-week-old pups don't understand what happened.

"She was just protecting her young,” says Pierson. "She protected these dogs like you wouldn't believe. I mean it took me about, oh maybe three weeks before she would allow me to touch them.”

Pierson says he was told by police that they were doing a routine check of the neighborhood.

But why would that have brought them to his backyard?

He says police told him that they smelled marijuana in the air and were looking for its source.

"I kind of want to know what went on,” says Pierson.

He is filled with sorrow and regret over the death of his dog.

He wishes he had put in a higher back fence, one that Gigi couldn't have jumped over.

Every thought of what else he could have done to prevent this is matched by one wondering if it was really necessary for the officer to shoot his dog.

"It's just a shame that everyone has this pitbull mentality,” says Pierson.

Chesapeake police did not respond to NewsChannel 3’s request for more information about the case.

In a release, they only said that the dog jumped over the fence and charged at the officer.

Dr.3D
02-01-2012, 07:44 AM
Wow, cops are much more dangerous than drugs. I think we ought to make cops illegal instead. Well, at least keep them on a chain.

aGameOfThrones
02-01-2012, 09:45 AM
You know what I smell in the AIR after reading this? Bull shit! So they kill a family member because they smelled marijuana?