PDA

View Full Version : We need some help from HQ

Jordan
11-12-2007, 03:04 AM
We really need to start calling registered voters in the early primary states, specifically Iowa and New Hampshire. We have such a huge grassroots following that I think we could honestly reach a huge majority of the registered republicans and Independents in both states.

I worked with MPP.org (Marijuana Policy Project) to get voters out to the Nevada voting booths and vote for legalization. The website would give you a number to call, provide a script and basically have you judge their sentiment towards such a vote. Many people were very pliable, and a simple message could turn them into a yes voter. With this system, you called the number, clicked ok then read a certain script to the person asking them to vote YES. After the call was over, you filled in how it went and then started on another.

We really need to get on HQ to start a similar campaign. We have up to 700 RP supporters online at any given hour here and I'm sure that we could do some serious damage in New Hampshire and Iowa. We're free labor, and I'd be glad to do a few calls every evening. An hour dedicated to victory every night.

Further, if we can't get the cooperation from HQ we have a lot of people here with some website talent. I'd like to get the calling incorporated with RP2008.com but if they dont comply we should do it ourselves. We need to get a list of the registered Ind and republican voters, get a central website going, and then start calling people in early primaries.

Any thoughts/opinions?

James R
11-12-2007, 03:13 AM
We really need to start calling registered voters in the early primary states, specifically Iowa and New Hampshire. We have such a huge grassroots following that I think we could honestly reach a huge majority of the registered republicans and Independents in both states.

I worked with MPP.org (Marijuana Policy Project) to get voters out to the Nevada voting booths and vote for legalization. The website would give you a number to call, provide a script and basically have you judge their sentiment towards such a vote. Many people were very pliable, and a simple message could turn them into a yes voter. With this system, you called the number, clicked ok then read a certain script to the person asking them to vote YES. After the call was over, you filled in how it went and then started on another.

We really need to get on HQ to start a similar campaign. We have up to 700 RP supporters online at any given hour here and I'm sure that we could do some serious damage in New Hampshire and Iowa. We're free labor, and I'd be glad to do a few calls every evening. An hour dedicated to victory every night.

Further, if we can't get the cooperation from HQ we have a lot of people here with some website talent. I'd like to get the calling incorporated with RP2008.com but if they dont comply we should do it ourselves. We need to get a list of the registered Ind and republican voters, get a central website going, and then start calling people in early primaries.

Any thoughts/opinions?

We don't need HQ to do that. Lets start our own website/phone system. I'll program it if one other programmer helps me out who also knows PHP.

I absolutely love the idea.

Jordan
11-12-2007, 03:22 AM
We don't need HQ to do that. Lets start our own website/phone system. I'll program it if one other programmer helps me out who also knows PHP.

It worked fantastically to get the word out for the vote in Nevada, a very receptive crowd but unfortunately I think the vote went 44-56 not in favor of the law.

I just thought HQ could help us out with getting the phone numbers, but hey, if we can get them ourselves that would be one less thing we have to bug HQ about. Maybe in the future we'll have a call bomb, 5million calls in 24 hours. :eek:

r3volution
11-12-2007, 03:24 AM

spoken like a true patriot ..

McLane2007
11-12-2007, 04:48 AM

2nd that. I'd be up for making a few calls on my days off.

parocks
11-12-2007, 04:59 AM

Any thoughts/opinions?

Has anyone contacted HQ or HQ in Iowa or NH and asked them if they are calling registered voters in Iowa / NH? I wouldn't be surprised if they were doing that and if they had procedures, etc., to maximize the effort. I think it definitely would be a good idea to call Iowa/NH, and it certainly would be extra helpful if HQ knew what you were doing, if you stayed on message, gathered the data that they want, etc etc.

Sometimes it appears that HQ and grassroots are a little less than completely coordinated with each other. Theres a lot of manpower here, and I think HQ would be smart to take advantage of it.

Henry
11-12-2007, 05:10 AM
I wouldn't bank on getting help from HQ. Aside from that, it's a great idea.

Geronimo
11-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Contact the organizer for any of the NH meetups to find out what the plan of attack is, and how you might be able to help out.

HQNH (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/6/?gj=sj10)
Manchester (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/879/?gj=sj5)
Nashua (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/309/?gj=sj5)
Seacoast (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/893/?gj=sj5)

american.swan
11-12-2007, 06:07 AM
It worked fantastically to get the word out for the vote in Nevada, a very receptive crowd but unfortunately I think the vote went 44-56 not in favor of the law.

I just thought HQ could help us out with getting the phone numbers, but hey, if we can get them ourselves that would be one less thing we have to bug HQ about. Maybe in the future we'll have a call bomb, 5million calls in 24 hours. :eek:

YOU CAN GET THE NUMBERS YOURSELVES. I THINK. GO TO YOUR LOCAL RECORDS OFFICE OR CONTACT THE STATE OFFICES, YOU HAVE TO PAY A FEE AND YOU'LL GET THEM.

SORRY for caps, I have been harping on this for some time. Glad to see some effort now.

heiwa
11-12-2007, 06:24 AM
One of the California meetups purchased a list of 700,000 unaffiliated voters in Iowa and have started a letter writing program. This is also a grand idea and more suitable for folks who don't want to call on the phone. They've done a good job and included a good script.

If you want to participate, pm me.

In Peace,
Jen

parocks
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
http://ronpaul.meetup.com/68/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3795648

The Boston Meetup group 68 has a chip in for 3 automated calls to every Republican and Undeclared(Independent) in New Hampshire. It should cost $45k to call 500k people 3 times.

I contacted a meetup in NH and they think that the campaign doesn't want to let their lists out of their hands.

see here - http://ronpaul.meetup.com/309/messages/archive/
for discussions of this matter

Jordan
11-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Bumping from the second page blues.

Dave
11-12-2007, 09:25 AM
The Iowa HQ has said if you want to help call Iowans to contact the Iowa HQ at 1-888-828-PAUL.

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 10:55 AM
I like the idea. I'm a CSR IRL so as much as I hate to work away from work, I'm afraid I could be pretty good at this.

Primbs
11-12-2007, 11:32 AM
If we have enough resources, we need to issue Id the most important issues to each of those called, then crafts our message accordingly.

Then we need to call again to near the caucus and see who are hardcore supporters and lukewarm supporters.