PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Having the Time of His Life

Kregisen
02-01-2012, 01:47 AM
I searched and did not see this posted....

http://ivn.us/news/2012/01/31/ron-paul-last-in-florida-primary-having-the-time-of-his-life/

http://ivn.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ron-Paul-Smile-1024x696.jpg?9d7bd4

“If enthusiasm would win elections, we’d win hands down.”

You couldn’t tell by Ron Paul’s post-Florida primary speech that he came in last place with just 7% of the vote. An explosive crowd in Henderson, NV ranted and raved as Paul talked about his prospects in caucus states like Iowa and Nevada. Paul declared, “I called Mitt Romney to congratulate him.” Then, after he cordially calmed the wave of boos, he continued, “then I told him I’d see him in the caucus states.”

Although the prospects of Ron Paul winning an all out primary fight are slim, politicos should take note of his strategy, and the implications his run may have on the Republican primary process. While Ron Paul naysayers will point to his Florida results as a testament to his lack of electability, his supporters are quick to point out that Ron Paul had no campaign staff in Florida and spent no money campaigning in the winner-takes-all closed primary state.

As a matter of strategy, Paul knew he could not win Florida in a battle against the well-funded Mitt Romney and well-established Newt Gingrich. So he sent his campaign to Maine (24 delegates) and Nevada (28 delegates) caucus states, where, as Paul exclaimed, “a tireless minority” can really take a stand. It is worth noting that Ron Paul finished in second place in libertarian-leaning Nevada in the 2008 election and garnered over 18% of the vote in Maine in that year.

So if Ron Paul doesn’t win, why does this matter?

As a more philosophical matter, Ron Paul is set on changing the entire political debate. While candidates like Mitt Romney talk about how Obama is going to turn America into Europe, Paul talks about the federal reserve, monetary policy, non-interventionism, Sarbanes–Oxley, and other esoteric political issues that most Americans aren’t going to take the time to really think about. But, if Paul can continue to draw young passionate voters into his camp, his ideas will spread and influence the public, like he has started to influence the Republican Party (anyone else notice how many times Newt said “I agree with Ron Paul” last debate?).

As a more practical matter, Ron Paul could steal enough delegates to prevent Mitt Romney from winning the nomination on the first go-around of votes. In other words, if Mitt Romney fails to pick up at least half of the delegates over Gingrich, Santorum, and Paul combined, Paul wins a significant position of power within the party. Suddenly, his delegates have the power to determine the winner.

And what could happen then? Ron Paul could demand a lead speaking role at the convention. Paul could refuse to release his delegates and the first round of votes ends in a stalemate, releasing all the delegates to vote for whomever they want (even someone who didn’t run!). Newt Gingrich could offer Paul a VP spot in exchange for his delegates.

Who knows.

One thing is certain and Chris Matthews (yes Chris Matthews) said it best, “Ron Paul looks like he had the time of his life tonight … I think Ron Paul is the winner in terms of life here.”

What do you think will happen?

Nate-ForLiberty
02-01-2012, 01:52 AM
"… I think Ron Paul is the winner in terms of life here.”

I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Mckarnin
02-01-2012, 01:57 AM
:-)

Chowder
02-01-2012, 02:02 AM
I searched and did not see this posted....

http://ivn.us/news/2012/01/31/ron-paul-last-in-florida-primary-having-the-time-of-his-life/

http://ivn.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Ron-Paul-Smile-1024x696.jpg?9d7bd4

That image would look great on our dollar bills including 1s 5s 10s 20s 50s 100s and beyond. :)

Revolution9
02-01-2012, 05:36 AM
That image would look great on our dollar bills including 1s 5s 10s 20s 50s 100s and beyond. :)

Then convert the remaining fedres fiat into 3 dollar bills.

Back on topic. Ron is my pal..he just puts out that feeling. I get a kick out of him finally getting his just dues after sticking to his plan...OUR PLAN...all this time in the face of all the ridicule. Makes me smile and applaud. Losers and floaters just don't understand how much win that is. It is hitting them like a slow motion cream pie right now. I like he addressed the forum folks who want to hear iron fist jabbering in his foreign policy. Hopefully all those threads can STFU now..

Rev9

economics102
02-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Very few people can really say that the final chapter(s) in their life were the most exciting. To spend your whole life toiling in obscurity for something you believe in and then suddenly, as you enter your late 70s, find yourself unexpectedly catapulted to rockstar status as the leader of one of the most historic nationwide grassroots movements in the history of American politics...I mean that's gotta be pretty exciting.

What's even cooler is that it's not like he just suddenly "got lucky" after failing for 40 years. It's that his 40 years of doing the right thing when no one was watching him is part of the backbone of his current-day credibility at a time when integrity and honesty is what the movement really craves most of all.

vechorik
02-01-2012, 06:47 AM
What a delightful read this am -- thanks! I'm going to be one of those delegates Dr. Paul is counting on! (not official yet, but I'm doing my best to become one!)

Anti Federalist
02-01-2012, 07:02 AM
I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Neither can I.

No Free Beer
02-01-2012, 07:11 AM
Think about it, this man is 76 years old and all the 18,20, and 30 year old love him.

HE IS A ROCKSTAR!

mosquitobite
02-01-2012, 07:15 AM
Very few people can really say that the final chapter(s) in their life were the most exciting. To spend your whole life toiling in obscurity for something you believe in and then suddenly, as you enter your late 70s, find yourself unexpectedly catapulted to rockstar status as the leader of one of the most historic nationwide grassroots movements in the history of American politics...I mean that's gotta be pretty exciting.

What's even cooler is that it's not like he just suddenly "got lucky" after failing for 40 years. It's that his 40 years of doing the right thing when no one was watching him is part of the backbone of his current-day credibility at a time when integrity and honesty is what the movement really craves most of all.

This made me tear up!

rprprs
02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
One thing is certain and Chris Matthews (yes Chris Matthews) said it best, “Ron Paul looks like he had the time of his life tonight … I think Ron Paul is the winner in terms of life here.”Be there a tube of this?

Kregisen
02-01-2012, 12:44 PM
I haven't seen one...

FSP-Rebel
02-01-2012, 01:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUvYR2ZYjVY

teacherone
02-01-2012, 01:15 PM

beautiful post.