PDA

View Full Version : anti-Palin HBO movie 'Game Change' due out next month (trailer)

emazur
02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
The actors have a VERY strong likeness to the actual people. Even if you have no interest in Palin this one looks like it could be interesting to watch
http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/01/sarah-palin-skewered-in-game-change-112991.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IPhh7mch5zo

tttppp
02-01-2012, 01:24 AM
Why isn't Tina Fey playing Sarah Palin?

Kregisen
02-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Interesting...

Austrian Econ Disciple
02-01-2012, 02:05 AM
This looks absolutely terrible and I am just sitting here laughing at how absurd this is. Did they really spend money on making this?! Hahaha. It's like they are trying to make a serious movie about the race, but it just turns out to be a comedic laughingstock.

BuddyRey
02-01-2012, 02:25 AM
It looks like a movie I'd love, but why is there nobody playing Ron Paul, even for just a bit part?

Even in Hollywood we're getting blacked out. :(

Dianne
02-01-2012, 03:24 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/

HBO’s upcoming movie “Game Change,” which zeroes in on John McCain’s 2008 presidential run, paints a less-than-flattering picture of his running mate, Sarah Palin, a new trailer shows.

In the clip from the film — which is based on the bestselling book of the same name by Mark Halperin and John Heilemann — actress Julianne Moore, as Palin, joins the campaign and, subsequently, melts down under too much pressure.

Realizing that Palin may not be ready for the role, McCain adviser Steve Schmidt, played by Woody Harrelson, says at one point, “Oh my God, what have we done?” LOLOL

jasonxe
02-01-2012, 03:57 AM
Ron Paul the movie is going to be 100x better.

klamath
02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Sounds like people are falling for liberal neocon propaganda with this movie. Gotta reinforce the he can't win meme because if you nominate a anyone other than a liberal or neocon you will lose. We don't want people to think that McCain lost because he advocated a hundred years of war in the middle east. We don't want people to think McCain lost because he suspended his campaign to support TARP but we definately want people to think McCain lost because he picked, compared to him, a libertarian leaning republican. We don't want anyone to remember that the only time mcCain ever lead Obama in the polls was right after he picked Palin and dropped below Obama exactly when he suspended his campaign to support TARP.
We don't want people to think the republican lost because he supported TARP otherwise they might reject another TARP supporting republican nominee :rolleyes:

Feelgood
02-01-2012, 08:32 AM
Blowback.

trey4sports
02-01-2012, 08:37 AM
this. looks. awesome!

Tom in NYC
02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
i read the book. it was entertaining, and i like halperin as much as i can, but it plays up the politician-as-genius stuff too much. very deferential to how brilliant our overlords are. having worked in politics, hearing about their master plans and ego clashes was enough to take the stories with a grain of salt. frankly, the edwards stuff was the most interesting, not the palin drama.