49% ROMNEY
33% GINGRICH
11% SANTORUM
6% PAUL

through 6pm

source: www.drudgereport.com

AngryCanadian
01-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Very close so things could change by tonight.

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Gingrich=PWN3D. :D

Varin
hm donīt think the polls are closed yet.

Havax
Really hope we can at least break double digits.

alucard13mmfmj
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
wtf 7%? :confused:

dskalkowski
01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
I really hope we win Nevada.

Varin
01-31-2012, 04:40 PM
The polls are not closed so these are probably not real results.

devil21
01-31-2012, 04:41 PM
If Florida polls aren't closed yet then this info is either incomplete, fake or leaked.

Havax
01-31-2012, 04:43 PM
If Florida polls aren't closed yet then this info is either inaccurate, fake or leaked.

It's leaked exit poll data through 5pm. Obviously voting is still going on. All the social security junkies probably voted already since they have nothing else to do. Our best demographic (working middle aged/young people) will probably vote when they get off work at 5.

gerryb
It's an EXIT POLL, folks.:confused:

phill4paul
I would like to see double digits.....

Brett85
The exit polls this time won't be that accurate since about 25% of the people have already voted.

randomname
If Florida polls aren't closed yet then this info is either incomplete, fake or leaked.

Likely leaked... Drudge has it up as "SOURCES, EXIT POLLS 5 PM ET: 46% ROMNEY 32% GINGRICH 12% SANTORUM 7% PAUL... DEVELOPING..."

Paul or not at all
01-31-2012, 04:44 PM
The polls havent closed, this shit must be fake!

RickyJ
01-31-2012, 04:46 PM
That doesn't look good at all. I was hoping for third or close to third. I am not sure how this is possible with all the Ron Paul supporters everywhere and hardly none for the other candidates.

BUSHLIED
01-31-2012, 04:48 PM
That doesn't look good at all. I was hoping for third or close to third. I am not sure how this is possible with all the Ron Paul supporters everywhere and hardly none for the other candidates.

I suspect that most voters are average people that aren't activists or enthusiastic enough to put up a sign etc...I know my parents go and vote but don't talk politics, don't have signs, don't donate money, don't do anything but go in and vote and leave. That's it. Ron Paul has activist and enthusiastic supporters that are visible so that gives an impression of large support.

Edu
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Are there any real Americans in Florida?

This is truly sad. Fools everywhere.

pauliticalfan
01-31-2012, 04:49 PM
Tired of being dissapointed...

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 04:50 PM
Well, hey, there was barely any campaigning (if there even was any) in Florida.

brendan.orourke
01-31-2012, 04:51 PM
Not good.

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 04:52 PM
Come on, third!

bluesc
01-31-2012, 04:52 PM
The polls haven't even closed yet. Stop overreacting.

AngryCanadian
01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Not good.
Things could change voting has yet started.

Edu
01-31-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, hey, there was barely any campaigning (if there even was any) in Florida.So what. People shouldn't need to be pushed into NOT being stupid.

With all the sources available to people showing them the truth, it's hard to imagine that they still don't understand what is going on.

It's embarrassing to this country.

bobburn
Meh, I don't really care where Dr. Paul finishes in Florida. He didn't campaign there, he didn't care. Florida is a state that matters zilch to me. They're not indicative of how the rest of the nation votes.

Tyler_Durden
Are they supposed to release exit poll info before polls close?

They didn't do that in SC.

liveandletlive
01-31-2012, 04:56 PM
we'll break 10% i can smell it

Plague-of-Locutus
01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
Winner take all anyways. I'll be happy with a greater turnout than 08. We're working smarter not harder. Onward !

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 04:59 PM
So what. People shouldn't need to be pushed into NOT being stupid.

With all the sources available to people showing them the truth, it's hard to imagine that they still don't understand what is going on.

It's embarrassing to this country.
Hey, you and I are informed voters who study the issues and keep abreast of current events, from ALL perspectives.

Your average voter, however, is not as informed and studious.

I can put myself in the position of such a voter, and imagine myself there...I know I'd like for the candidates to stop by in my state. It shows they care about my state. I know I'd feel that way if I was the average sheeple voter.

Ekrub
01-31-2012, 05:01 PM
Random hopeful thought, 45&under work throughout the day and will be more likely to vote after five

bluesc
01-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Random hopeful thought, 45&under work throughout the day and will be more likely to vote after five

WHY AREN'T YOU OVERREACTING?!?! THIS IS RPF!!!!11!

neverseen
01-31-2012, 05:03 PM
meh i know RP supporters that couldn't vote until after work... polls aren't closed yet. I'm sure we'll break 10%... not to mention I know FL voters for RP that voted in Dec and early Jan. Remember, the paul people KNEW who they were voting for when the first over the counter ballots were issued at the end of dec. A LOT of the 25% that have voted early could be Paul people.

redmod79
01-31-2012, 05:06 PM
My mom was supposed to vote for RP today but she thought he wasn't on the ballot... WTF. I told her plenty of times he was. I told her it's not too late to vote, but she probably won't.

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 05:06 PM

It's a very good indicator of how people are voting. Why do so many on RPF live in disbelief?

Mark37snj
01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
Why do so many on RPF live in disbelief?

Given how informed we are it's the only way to cope with reality. :D

Tyler_Durden
01-31-2012, 05:10 PM
My mom was supposed to vote for RP today but she thought he wasn't on the ballot... WTF. I told her plenty of times he was. I told her it's not too late to vote, but she probably won't.

Wtf? Why did she think that? False media reports?

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Winner take all anyways. Until we challenge that at the national convention.

LiveForHonortune
Methinks Floridians didn't take to Paul skipping their state well.

JohnGalt23g
Guys get ready for disappointment. We publicly pulled out of Florida. We're not going to do well there.

The good news is, it doesn't matter, if we can win Maine, or Nevada.

devil21
01-31-2012, 05:12 PM
It's a very good indicator of how people are voting. Why do so many on RPF live in disbelief?

Who said anything about disbelief? I plainly stated it may be leaked info, obviously since exit poll data like this isn't released until the polls close. Read better next time, k?

gerryb
01-31-2012, 05:13 PM

convince her to donate to make up for it =). $50 should get a vote somewhere

KingNothing
01-31-2012, 05:13 PM

Methinks it probably cost him a percent or two, which didn't matter anyway because the state is winner-take-all and skipping it might have allowed him to win literally infinitely more delegates elsewhere.

Michael Landon
01-31-2012, 05:14 PM
What time do the polls close?

- ML

redmod79
01-31-2012, 05:14 PM

I think so. She said she was told he wasn't running as a republican but as an independent or some crap. Unbelievable.

redmod79
01-31-2012, 05:15 PM

She can't afford to donate. But I will.

Tyler_Durden
What time do the polls close?

- ML

7 eastern

8 eastern in panhandle

randomname
crossposting Tampa Bay exit polls

Go back now if you're still hoping we can upset Santorum for 3rd. This was conducted at various precincts by the grassroots.

Romney: 43%
Newt: 29%
Santorum: 16%
Paul: 9%

Sample: 220 voters.

Among those who listed "fox news" as their primary source for news, Ron got 2%. That was a plurality.

devil21
01-31-2012, 05:16 PM
I think so. She said she was told he wasn't running as a republican but as an independent or some crap. Unbelievable.

Told this by who? Tell her to go vote now and stop screwing around.

bkreigh
01-31-2012, 05:16 PM

It wouldnt have mattered. He had a slim to none shot down here anyway. He was smart and went up to Maine where he can hopefully win a state. If it werent not winner take all then i would think he would have spent some time i down here. Ohh well. I got all the folk i could to vote for him.....OHH FUCK I FORGOT TO VOTE!!!!! :D

bkreigh
01-31-2012, 05:17 PM

Take her to the polls right now!

EndTheECB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx_5oHq0pio&feature=related

Tyler_Durden

Her RPF member son should've informed her otherwise well in advance ;)

AngryCanadian
01-31-2012, 05:18 PM
Come on dont overreact, things could change by tonight.

devil21
01-31-2012, 05:19 PM
Ill be happy with double digits for RP and Newt getting his ass handed to him.

gerryb
Come on dont overreact, things could change by tonight.

facepalm

MelissaWV

There are, as you can see that Ron did not get 0%.

This is the same stupidity that came in after SC voted. Instead of kvetching that we aren't getting third place yet in an exit poll, people could note that at least (and I think it's higher) 7% of voters seem to be for Ron Paul. That's 7% of voters you owe an apology to, thanks.

The exit polls this time won't be that accurate since about 25% of the people have already voted.

This. I was not part of any exit poll, having already voted some time ago.

KramerDSP
01-31-2012, 05:20 PM
Meh, I don't really care where Dr. Paul finishes in Florida. He didn't campaign there, he didn't care. Florida is a state that matters zilch to me. They're not indicative of how the rest of the nation votes.

THIS!

Anyone whose hopes hang on Ron Paul finishing third tonight are going to be crushed tonight. It's not in the cards. The real loser is Gingrich, who spent millions of dollars and got N O T H I N G out of it in terms of delegates.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 05:21 PM

Paul really has gotten nil local media coverage here because they didn't campaign here. Like on a local news channel about an hour ago, they said, "Primary coverage coming up next. We have Both the candidates with us. " :confused: It's all about Mitt and Gingrich here. :( I could easily see where someone living here, not following the race, would think Mitt and Newt were the only ones on the ballot.

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Paul really has gotten nil local media coverage here because they didn't campaign here. Like on a local news channel about an hour ago, they said, "Primary coverage coming up next. We have Both the candidates with us. " :confused: It's all about Mitt and Gingrich here. :( I could easily see where someone living here, not following the race, would think Mitt and Newt were the only ones on the ballot.
Well, Paul and Santorum ARE in the Southwest right now...

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 05:22 PM
Who said anything about disbelief? I plainly stated it may be leaked info, obviously since exit poll data like this isn't released until the polls close. Read better next time, k?

Polls are closed. I believe only part of FL is open until 8pm.

Regardless, the exit polls are real, not potentially "fake" as you also stated.

Tyler_Durden
01-31-2012, 05:23 PM
THIS!

Anyone whose hopes hang on Ron Paul finishing third tonight are going to be crushed tonight. It's not in the cards. The real loser is Gingrich, who spent millions of dollars and got N O T H I N G out of it in terms of delegates.

True. Newt got pwned!!

9% or 12% is still triple or quadruple over 2008. :)

Tyler_Durden
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM

Not closed yet

7pm eastern in most of state

8pm eastern in panhandle.

devil21
01-31-2012, 05:24 PM

Wrong. 7pm EST for the eastern timezone/8pm EST in the central timezone.

And yes, it could potentially be fake. Not the first time this election that fake exit polling has been released.

anaconda
01-31-2012, 05:25 PM
The polls havent closed, this shit must be fake!

But can't someone do an exit poll anytime of day?

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 05:27 PM
But can't someone do an exit poll anytime of day?

Exactly!

sailingaway
01-31-2012, 05:29 PM
CBS said in their exit polls Ron and Santorum both got 4% so they seem to vary somewhat wildly.

Regardless, Ron didn't compete there at all, so we can't expect anything.

redmod79
01-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Her RPF member son should've informed her otherwise well in advance ;)

I told her multiple times. MANY times. Some people are just out to lunch, and my mom is one of them. I'd take her myself but I'm in NC.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Guys get ready for disappointment. We publicly pulled out of Florida. We're not going to do well there.

The good news is, it doesn't matter, if we can win Maine, or Nevada.

That's the bottom line, yet we don't have to be dissapointed because we never should have had our hopes up for anything but 4th here anyway. Santorum had a big local media push that last few days. Romney and Gingrich were pushed as if it was a two man race. Paul was not here. Grassroots did what it could and no doubt, the numbers will be at least way up from '08 as a result.

Lord Xar
01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Listen - the media marginalizes Ron Paul.

Paints him as:
1. Isolationist and dangerous
2. Unelectable
3. Fringe

And the sheeple follow this narrative. MOST of the voters do NOT do research. Sure, the "younger" ones do and independents - thus their disillusionment with dems/repubs.. BUT MOST of the voters get their info from debates/t.v news.

Unless Ron Paul starts bringing this shit up in debates and PWNING the others and perhaps have some commercials AND have the SuperPacs get ads ON THE AIR - this will be an UPHILL battle.

Santorum has NO MONEY -- yet the media is pimping him AND he does well in the debates.. period.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Methinks it probably cost him a percent or two, which didn't matter anyway because the state is winner-take-all and skipping it might have allowed him to win literally infinitely more delegates elsewhere.

GOP Chair Steele said last night on Kudlow that last year, the Florida GOP voted to make the delegates proportional.

Hmmmm

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Listen - the media marginalizes Ron Paul.

Paints him as:
1. Isolationist and dangerous
2. Unelectable
3. Fringe

And the sheeple follow this narrative. MOST of the voters do NOT do research. Sure, the "younger" ones do and independents - thus their disillusionment with dems/repubs.. BUT MOST of the voters get their info from debates/t.v news.

Unless Ron Paul starts bringing this shit up in debates and PWNING the others and perhaps have some commercials AND have the SuperPacs get ads ON THE AIR - this will be an UPHILL battle.

Santorum has NO MONEY -- yet the media is pimping him AND he does well in the debates.. period.

It's the campaign's fault for allowing the media and talk radio to marginalize Paul. Unless Paul steps it up and fight back, there isn't going to be a change in the outcome of any future primary. If the media is ignoring you, create the freaking NEWS. That is free advertising!!!

Lord Xar
01-31-2012, 05:38 PM
These are the Q4 numbers for Santorum:

Santorum 0.9m 0.3m 0.2m

Raised -- cash on hand --- debt

NOW, HOW is he polling SOO WELL??? Sure, media push AND his debate performances.

DEBATES MAKE A HUGE DIFFERNCE!!! RON NEEDS TO ATTTACK!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 05:39 PM
I told her multiple times. MANY times. Some people are just out to lunch, and my mom is one of them. I'd take her myself but I'm in NC.

Florida gets heavily sprayed with chem trails. Most of this state is out to lunch.

devil21
01-31-2012, 05:41 PM
CNN just reported that Paul's campaign and Paul's SuperPACs spent exactly nothing on tv ads in Florida. Is that true? I thought that at least one of our SuperPACs spent over a million on ads.

Giuliani was there on 911
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
wtf 7%? :confused::(

Student Of Paulism
01-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Florida gets heavily sprayed with chem trails. Most of this state is out to lunch.

Yea, considering most of the old fa....i mean, old people (don't wanna make LibertyEagle mad, he is Pro-Old People :D ) in FL have dementia and alzheimers and love Newt Gingrich, the barium salts and HAARP's EMPs all over the place doesn't help our chances much.

pauliticalfan
01-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Drudge is now saying 6%. I'm not gonna lie, that's a pretty big disappointment. Most of the polls were saying at least 11%. Why does this always happen...

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Yea, considering most of the old fa....i mean, old people (don't wanna make LibertyEagle mad, he is Pro-Old People :D ) in FL have dementia and alzheimers and love Newt Gingrich, the barium salts and HAARP's EMPs all over the place doesn't help our chances much.

roflmao

And there you have it!!!!

We have the worst drivers too!

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 05:48 PM
Come on, guys, Florida is establishment central. It's not exactly known for independent political thought.

s35wf
01-31-2012, 05:49 PM
Just got back from voting. Strange today compared to 4 years ago. NO waiting lines. Voting ends at 7 pm et. NO signs by voting office except for a couple of Romney signs....but NO signs for any other candidate...not even the Newt!

Florida really had NO campaigning this year in central florida...no signs, no signwaves, no grassroot action like 4 years ago. :(

On a sidenote I tried a telemarketing job this last week selling vacation packages; but my first day in office they wanted us new hires to pitch a republican dinner for Newt with a charge of $350 ea to attend the dinner/speech last Saturday....I did find one taker that purchased 2 tickets at $700.00 to hear the Newt speak. but MOST of the republicans I spoke with that day were cussing at me about how the GOP should have better candidates! I'd say aprx half of the FL registered voters are unfortunately newt supporters just based on the response I got over phone. :mad:

Yes in FL it is the Romney/Newt show! :eek:

RON PAUL 2012!

Tyler_Durden
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Drudge is now saying 6%. I'm not gonna lie, that's a pretty big disappointment. Most of the polls were saying at least 11%. Why does this always happen...

Diebold

ropo
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM

Undecideds are picking sides in the media manufactured "two man race", and Santorum is splitting the protest vote with us.

Havax
01-31-2012, 05:51 PM
49% ROMNEY
33% GINGRICH
11% SANTORUM
6% PAUL

through 6pm

1stAmendguy
01-31-2012, 05:51 PM

Can you try to persuade her RIGHT NOW to go over to your precinct voting place and vote? Tell her you will pay for her gas for a the whole week or... something... anything you can do haha. There's still time. :D

Student Of Paulism
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
Come on, guys, Florida is establishment central. It's not exactly known for independent political thought.

Yep..hell, it's Bush country down there too, him and his family are icons among the FL GOP and seen as saints. HW Bush also endorsed Romney, which was a huge endorsement, guaranteed to swing many people to his side who love and praise the Bush family.

JohnMeridith

its bad. The funny thing is I have a coworker and good friend(gay guy) that is a super fan of Obama . He is a registered Republican, he voted for Ron Paul. He also agrees that Ron Paul is the only candidate that will give Obama a run for the WH. The stupid GOP doesn't get that without us they don't stand a chance.

PaleoPaul
Newt getting clobbered, however, totally makes my night. It helps for us to establish ourselves as the anti-Romney again. South Carolina kinda slowed us down in that regard, but a Gingrich loss can help get us back up! :D

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Yep..hell, it's Bush country down there too, him and his family are icons among the FL GOP and seen as saints. HW Bush also endorsed Romney, which was a huge endorsement, guaranteed to swing many people to his side who love and praise the Bush family.
And Marco Rubio was getting all cozy with Romney, politically speaking. He pulled a DeMint, by doing everything nice for Romney short of endorsing him.

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
49% ROMNEY
33% GINGRICH
11% SANTORUM
6% PAUL

through 6pm

Unless the campaign and Paul drastically change the way they deliver their message and ATTACK, these numbers will continue because half the states are CLOSED primaries.

opal
01-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Florida has two time zones folks. Some of the panhandle's precincts don't close until 8 PM - a little over two hours from now.. not time to start holding your breath yet.

MelissaWV
01-31-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with people tonight.

As mentioned earlier, exit polls do not count the voters on these very forums who voted early. It doesn't count the 1/3 of GOP Primary voters in FL who voted early or via absentee ballot. It does not include people that vote after work.

No, I don't think Ron won, but I think some of you are being maliciously ignorant for no good reason.

pauliticalfan
01-31-2012, 05:57 PM

As mentioned earlier, exit polls do not count the voters on these very forums who voted early. It doesn't count the 1/3 of GOP Primary voters in FL who voted early or via absentee ballot. It does not include people that vote after work.

No, I don't think Ron won, but I think some of you are being maliciously ignorant for no good reason.

Networks combines phone polling for absentees with in-person exit polls. So you're actually wrong.

coastie
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Nothing but blue hairs voting in my precinct when I went around 1 pm. A whole three of them.

Only 108 people had voted by then according to the trusty electronic machine I placed my ballot in.

4 yrs ago it was PACKED by then. Weird.

Andrew Ryan
01-31-2012, 05:58 PM

Happy 10,000th post

MelissaWV
01-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Networks combines phone polling for absentees with in-person exit polls. So you're actually wrong.

There were no exit polls for early voting, and no one I know who voted absentee got a phonecall polling them.

So you're actually wrong.

pauliticalfan
01-31-2012, 06:01 PM
There were no exit polls for early voting, and no one I know who voted absentee got a phonecall polling them.

So you're actually wrong.

Right, I'm sure you know every absentee voter in Florida. My bad.

Havax
01-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Does anyone have a CNN stream?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 06:02 PM

We are being realistic with good reasons. It is what it is.

1stAmendguy
01-31-2012, 06:02 PM
FOX just reported that among FL voters that want a "true conservative" Newt Gingrich is winning. :eek:

MelissaWV
01-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Right, I'm sure you know every absentee voter in Florida. My bad.

I know myself and my co-workers. Your post seemed to criticize me for pointing out that these exit polls do not really represent early and absentee voting. There were no exit polls during early voting. The fact the numbers were released earlier means they did not poll people who voted after work.

Before you're going to sit there and say someone's "wrong," please make sure you are not talking out of your posterior.

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 06:08 PM

So many don't understand polling or exit polling. Do you honestly think only Ron Paul people voted early by absentee? An exit poll doesn't have to count early voters to get a gist of how people are voting. If the sample size is large enough, it's usually right on on the money. If 2 million voted, you can ignore 1,998,000. Your sample size is big enough to predict the out come. Early voter or late voter, it doesn't matter.

affa
01-31-2012, 06:09 PM
literally infinitely

???

LibertyEagle
01-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Folks. Ron Paul was winning in the exit polls in the Iowa Straw Poll. Remember? And then he came in 3rd. This would lead me to believe that exit polls are not that accurate. Maybe a lot of people refuse to participate.

MelissaWV
01-31-2012, 06:13 PM
So many don't understand polling or exit polling. Do you honestly think only Ron Paul people voted early by absentee? An exit poll doesn't have to count early voters to get a gist of how people are voting. If the sample size is large enough, it's usually right on on the money. If 2 million voted, you can ignore 1,998,000. Your sample size is big enough to predict the out come. Early voter or late voter, it doesn't matter.

If the bulk of the early voters went one way or another, it would skew the results -.-

I don't even care. The whole forums can go into "bash Florida" mode. How quickly people forget that we worked our asses off to get even the little result we're going to see tonight. I hope it makes everyone feel oh so superior while they snicker at our old folks and "Hispanic voting bloc."

rp2012win
01-31-2012, 06:14 PM
Folks. Ron Paul was winning in the exit polls in the Iowa Straw Poll. Remember? And then he came in 3rd. This would lead me to believe that exit polls are not that accurate. Maybe a lot of people refuse to participate.This is the biggest lie that people continue to repeat. Please look at the iowa exit poll data and then try again. He was in third and it was not even a queation. I'll even give you the link to help http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/ia

DerailingDaTrain
Fox just reported this in their exit polls. lol at Romney understanding anything about average Americans. I seriously doubt that he has done anything for himself in his entire life.

Best understands problems of average Americans:
Romney 34 %
Gingrich 27%
Santorum 18%
Paul 14%

Strongly support tea party (the voters not the candidates):
Gingrich 46%
Romney 34%
Santorum 14%
Paul 5%

5% among the Tea Party supporters? I guess they forgot about that whole "Godfather of the Tea Party who started your entire movement" thing. I really hate sheeple...it's like nobody even cares anymore. I'm convinced that most people don't want a real candidate who would do well and with policies they agree with but instead the guy who can lie the best during a debate or the one who can flip flop the most. Sickening

cstarace
Folks. Ron Paul was winning in the exit polls in the Iowa Straw Poll. Remember? And then he came in 3rd. This would lead me to believe that exit polls are not that accurate. Maybe a lot of people refuse to participate.
Those were the entry polls I believe.

Havax
01-31-2012, 06:16 PM
We're on pace for about 150,000 votes. That would mean about a 138% increase from last cycle.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
This is the biggest lie that people continue to repeat. Please look at the iowa exit poll data and then try again. He was in third and it was not even a queation. I'll even give you the link to help http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/epolls/ia

Ok. That's weird, because I remember when the MSM was reporting them. I guess it was before they were all in. Thanks for setting me straight.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
I don't even care. The whole forums can go into "bash Florida" mode. How quickly people forget that we worked our asses off to get even the little result we're going to see tonight. I hope it makes everyone feel oh so superior while they snicker at our old folks and "Hispanic voting bloc."

Thanks for all your hard work, Melissa. You and everyone else who campaigned so hard in Florida.

pacelli
01-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Folks, the campaign left SC and FL to the grassroots. SC and FL were never part of the campaign delegate strategy, which is why they pretty much skipped them. The campaign enters the race for delegates AFTER TONIGHT.

I expect a Nevada win. They have ~28 delegates at stake. Mind you, FL has 50 delegates. Whoever wins, gets all 50 delegates. But ads are too expensive in FL.

My point is, don't get all long in the face and depressed over tonight. I'd be quite happy with double-digit final-- I know that the grassroots down there is strong enough to get us at least in a double digit 10-12% final.

Fort Lauderdale
01-31-2012, 06:21 PM
FOX http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012/florida-primary-jan-31

MSNBC http://elections.msnbc.msn.com/ns/politics/2012/florida/republican/primary/#.TyiuqMUeOrY

Tyler_Durden
01-31-2012, 06:22 PM
With 27% reporting, we have nearly 50% of the votes we had in 2008. :)

Half-full glass

dt_
01-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Romney with a MAJORITY.. (51%) ... :eek:

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 06:29 PM
If the bulk of the early voters went one way or another, it would skew the results -.-

No evidence of that, hence moot point.

Again, so many on the RPF just don't get it. Basing opinions on "ifs," "assumptions," "hopes," etc. aren't reality nor does it change reality.

We can play the "what if" game all day...

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 06:30 PM

Yes, I remember that but those first exit (entrance) polls in Iowa did not have a large enough sample. When the full exit sample came in, the exit polls were dead on.

Bossobass
01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
FWIW, Ron ran 4 years ago. Since then, he has been vindicated regarding prediction of the bursting of the housing bubble and the economic meltdown, FED secrecy in doling out your money by the trillions and the Iraq FIASCO.

The presence of his supporters is everywhere in FLA, if you're even vaguely aware that there is a F%$@#ng primary race going on.

He mopped the floor with the other 3 dolts at the last debate in TAMPA.

He utterly dominates the internet and his F*&$ing name ain't that hard to spell.

I wouldn't need any local or national coverage to discern who the right guy to vote for is, and neither do Floridians. I'm tired of hearing the same old excuses, especially the ones that excuse the grotesque stupidity of the voting public and the outrageous criminal destruction (with impunity) of the vote count process in the USA (hanging chads, anyone?).

Bosso

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
4000 more votes until we reach our 2008 results.

I'd love to see at least 100,000 votes for Paul. :(

LBennett76
01-31-2012, 06:37 PM
On Fox Business News, that asked during the exit polls what were you looking for in a candidate. 45% said that they could beat Obama. 45%!!!!! Seriously. There are some seriously dumb ass people running around if that's all they want in a candidate. No offense to Florida, just to those ignorant 45%.

Lord Xar
01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
On Fox Business News, that asked during the exit polls what were you looking for in a candidate. 45% said that they could beat Obama. 45%!!!!! Seriously. There are some seriously dumb ass people running around if that's all they want in a candidate. No offense to Florida, just to those ignorant 45%.

TRUE, but RON PAUL came in last for "Economy" and "Tea Party" Support.. SO, he is NOT conveying his message clearly in the debates.

thoughtomator
01-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Gingrich is so odious a candidate that many potential Santorum and Paul voters probably wanted to send a resounding rejection of the idea of President Gingrich.

I'm really happy that both the Romney and Gingrich campaigns beggared themselves over those 50 delegates.

opinionatedfool
01-31-2012, 06:43 PM
Hopefully all the dumb dumbs sank all their cash in Florida. Ron Paul didn't bother competing there, so of course he's not doing so well there.

-Joe

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm really happy that both the Romney and Gingrich campaigns beggared themselves over those 50 delegates.

Yet the free advertising to come via media and public perception is priceless. The return on that investment is great for Romney - momentum. We shall see what happens in the next week or two.

Xenophage
01-31-2012, 06:52 PM
So many stupid people live in Florida and South Carolina. It's unreal.

Here's to the patriots that voted for freedom. Your lights shine even brighter in the darkest corners of America.

alucard13mmfmj
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
i am not sad about Ron Paul's ranking in SC or FL. i am not sad at all. from what i have read, we came a long way since 2008. the only thing i am depressed about is the state of the voters these days... voting for who will win and not voting on principle. i am depressed that this once mighty nation has become seduced by the sneaky hands of special interests, lobbyist and corporations.

slowly, but surely.. our message is getting out =s.

Apparition
01-31-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm bummed... mainly because I thought Ron would at least be at 10% and had a shot at Santorum.
7% sucks.

matt0611
01-31-2012, 06:55 PM
Only 7% of Floridians care about the Constitution. Good to know.

jointhefightforfreedom
01-31-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm bummed... mainly because I thought Ron would at least be at 10% and had a shot at Santorum.
7% sucks.

This is why FL won't Vote for liberty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dEA-S6QtKA

Brett85
01-31-2012, 06:58 PM

It doesn't seem to me like it does any good for Ron Paul supporters to insult the voters who don't support Ron. That really just turns people off. You aren't the first to do this, but I'm just using your post as an example.

Apparition
01-31-2012, 07:00 PM
It doesn't seem to me like it does any good for Ron Paul supporters to insult the voters who don't support Ron. That really just turns people off.

Makes us feel better at least.... for a little while. =)
Besides, it *IS* the truth. A vote for anyone but Paul is a vote against the Constitution.

No happy way to say that.

bluesc
01-31-2012, 07:06 PM

That made me feel sick.

Hyperion
01-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I knew FL was probably the most difficult state for us, but 7%????

Fredom101
01-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I have a bad feeling about FL results. Of course we all knew he wouldn't finish top 2. But I'm expecting the worst (last and 6%) and hoping for the best (3rd and 15%).

Mark37snj
01-31-2012, 07:10 PM

Top Ten States Ranked by Population and Percent of U.S. Population Age 65 and Older, 2005
Rank State Number Percent of U.S. population 65 and older

1. California............3,868,574....10.52%
2. Florida..............2,993,160....8.14%
3. New York............2,515,064.....6.84%
4. Texas.................2,271,845.....6.18%
5. Pennsylvania........1,892,847.....5.14%
6. Ohio...................1,530,074.....4.16%
7. Illinois.................1,529,430.....4.16%
8. Michigan..............1,258,494.....3.42%
9. New Jersey..........1,129,356.....3.07%
10. North Carolina.....1,054,098.....2.87%
Total....................20,042,942....54.50%

High retired population, closed primary, winner take all delegates, swing state, good pass for Ron.

EDIT: Huge props for Florida grassroots, inspiring work ;)

LanceK37
01-31-2012, 07:13 PM
TRUE, but RON PAUL came in last for "Economy" and "Tea Party" Support.. SO, he is NOT conveying his message clearly in the debates.

The Tea Party since 2009 only cares about stopping Sharia Law in America, proving that Obama was born in Africa, and kissing Israel's butt.

LanceK37
01-31-2012, 07:15 PM
It doesn't seem to me like it does any good for Ron Paul supporters to insult the voters who don't support Ron. That really just turns people off. You aren't the first to do this, but I'm just using your post as an example.

The voters are already "turned off"

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-31-2012, 07:16 PM
People wonder why I have such antipathy to a majority of the older folk. That video shows you just a small sampling why.

Apparition
01-31-2012, 07:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UjjZD5O6Fw

Welcome to Dystopia.

otherone
01-31-2012, 07:20 PM
The Tea Party since 2009 only cares about stopping Sharia Law in America, proving that Obama was born in Africa, and kissing Israel's butt.

AMEN. (you forgot the zygote-lovin' *****-stompin' dealie, however)

James Madison
01-31-2012, 07:22 PM
Ok, since the mods on this forum shut down my last thread (for pointing out the truth), I'm coming over here.

freneticentropy
01-31-2012, 07:29 PM

No. 7% of the people who voted in the republican primary care about the constitution. So about 1 to 2% of the entire state.

PaleoPaul
WOW, this may be the first time we break into the hundreds of thousands (in a single state), in terms of votes!

SeanSerritella
Ron Paul's campaign message is not good. Instead of saying...

My name is Ron Paul. My message is JOBS JOBS JOBS. My goal is to get America working again. I also aim to protect older Americans on Medicaid and Medicare by ending all the wars and bringing that money home to them.

Instead, we get....

My name is Ron Paul. I am the champion of a sound monetary system, a gold standard, as it is under the constitution.

Voters don't care about the monetary system. They don't care about the gold standard. They don't care about the constitution. They want jobs and their medicaid protected. Ron Paul is going to lose the rest of the primaries if he sticks with that message.

freneticentropy
01-31-2012, 07:31 PM

My name is Ron Paul. My message is JOBS JOBS JOBS. My goal is to get America working again. I also aim to protect older Americans on Medicaid and Medicare by ending all the wars and bringing that money home to them.

Instead, we get....

My name is Ron Paul. I am the champion of a sound monetary system, a gold standard, as it is under the constitution.

Voters don't care about the monetary system. They don't care about the gold standard. They don't care about the constitution. They want jobs and their medicaid protected. Ron Paul is going to lose the rest of the primaries if he sticks with that message.

I think it's clear he doesn't care about winning. He wants to spread the message. That's his choice, and I respect it, but it's frustrating.

Lord Xar

Instead, we get....

This is kinda correct. Go on facebook - "like doug weads page" and post this on his wall.

Imaginos
Bingo.
American politic is truly despicable.

jason43
01-31-2012, 07:36 PM

Haha^^^ @this. Too true sadly enough.

PaleoPaul
01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
WE MADE IT TO 100,000!!!!! FIRST TIME WE'VE DONE THAT IN A SINGLE STATE! :D

Miss Annie
01-31-2012, 07:41 PM
In looking at the exit polls here, http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2012/florida-primary-jan-31/exit-polls

It really screams the fact that we need to drive the message home to seniors that their social security and medicare are SAFE!! We are not reaching this demographic.... AT ALL! 3% with seniors!

LanceK37
01-31-2012, 07:42 PM
Ok, since the mods on this forum shut down my last thread (for pointing out the truth), I'm coming over here.

Fox News is a part of the family for these old folks.

jason43
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM

Haha^^^ @this. Too true sadly enough.

James Madison
01-31-2012, 07:43 PM
Fox News is a part of the family for these old folks.

Yup. Along with fuckwads like Rush, Hannity, Levin, and Medved. I hope your families get drafted into WW3. You deserve it.

Moebedda
01-31-2012, 07:49 PM
I was going to go visit some relatives in Florida in a month. I just cancelled my trip. I will not support these ignorant fools.

Feelgood
01-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Well for what it is worth, I did vote for Ron today. I knew he wasnt going to win, but DAMN it felt good just casting my vote!

NOBP!!

pauliticalfan
01-31-2012, 07:57 PM
Polls were off by over 4 points for Ron. Ugh, what the hell.

EBounding
01-31-2012, 07:59 PM

I really like this. I would make the second sentence say "Jobs and Prosperity" since it sounds more like him, but those short sentences are much easier to understand than "liquidate the debt" "end the malinvestment" and "return to a sound currency".

He needs to link cutting the budget to jobs. Like, with a laser focus. No one else is going to cut, but he will so it's an obvious strength. He needs to link his foreign policy to more jobs. Another obvious strength. Linking everything to jobs should be first priority.

Second priority should be assuring he will defend America by describing what he would like Congress to spend money on in terms of the defense budget. When people actually hear all the things that would continue to be funded they will realize "Wait, he really isn't cutting defense. Look at how much is still going to be spent."

Last priority would be the Fed, sound money and civil liberties. "The Fed is destroying your wealth, which is why I will work on a full audit." Keep it as simple as that (in debates). Yes, it's incredibly disturbing that people don't care that their liberties taken right beneath them, but that's the reality we face.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of this is going to happen.

James Madison
01-31-2012, 08:01 PM

Same thing happened in South Carolina. Unfortunately a lot of southerners base their decisions on their pastor. I imagine voters considering Paul went to church on Sunday, stuck around to chit chat with the flock, brought up the upcoming primary, and went for someone else.

TheOnlyJustCause4505
01-31-2012, 08:02 PM

Assuming....

There's a trail of BS in FL for years now. This could be their play to knock Paul down.

nc4rp
01-31-2012, 08:03 PM
i think peoples ignorance is due in part to the dept of education dumbing down about 3 generations

nc4rp
01-31-2012, 08:04 PM
Assuming....

There's a trail of BS in FL for years now. This could be their play to knock Paul down.

i find it hilariously impossible that Goldman Sachs poster child gets 50% in Florida.

SeanSerritella
01-31-2012, 08:06 PM
I really like this. I would make the second sentence say "Jobs and Prosperity" since it sounds more like him, but those short sentences are much easier to understand than "liquidate the debt" "end the malinvestment" and "return to a sound currency".

He needs to link cutting the budget to jobs. Like, with a laser focus. No one else is going to cut, but he will so it's an obvious strength. He needs to link his foreign policy to more jobs. Another obvious strength. Linking everything to jobs should be first priority.

Second priority should be assuring he will defend America by describing what he would like Congress to spend money on in terms of the defense budget. When people actually hear all the things that would continue to be funded they will realize "Wait, he really isn't cutting defense. Look at how much is still going to be spent."

Last priority would be the Fed, sound money and civil liberties. "The Fed is destroying your wealth, which is why I will work on a full audit." Keep it as simple as that (in debates). Yes, it's incredibly disturbing that people don't care that their liberties taken right beneath them, but that's the reality we face.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of this is going to happen.

I'd like him to say JOBS JOBS JOBS and stress it. It's simple. "We know what this election is about. It's about JOBS JOBS JOBS." That's the number one concern in our country right now. Jobs. Another important factor is older people fearing that they will lose their medicare. They're the biggest voting bloc in the country. He should just drop the fed talk altogether because the major voters have no clue who they are or what they are about. Nor do they care.

EBounding
01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
I felt worse about SC than I do about FL. I wish he didn't even try in SC, oh well. I think Ben Swann's take is interesting:

Romney 17 mil. dollars, out spends newt and santorum 3 to 1. Paul doesn't even compete in fl. Mitt can't get 50% vote? trouble in Nov.

time4change
01-31-2012, 08:14 PM
Well for what it is worth, I did vote for Ron today. I knew he wasnt going to win, but DAMN it felt good just casting my vote!

NOBP!!+rep to you. Thank you for voting.

Havax
01-31-2012, 08:20 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg528/scaled.php?server=528&filename=oldr.jpg&res=medium

MelissaWV
01-31-2012, 08:21 PM
Are you also missing the part where, in your graphic, Romney got the majority of every other age group?

JimInNY
01-31-2012, 08:26 PM

Yeah, we can cut florida off of the continent and send it adrift after we win the election.

Fredom101
01-31-2012, 08:28 PM
These numbers for RP are very sad. Sure he didn't do a lot of campaigning there, but godddammit everyone knows RP by now, he should have done a LOT better, I thought he would at least hit 10%. This is a bummer, no other way to look at it. A win in Maine will rectify this awful night.

EBounding
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
These numbers for RP are very sad. Sure he didn't do a lot of campaigning there, but godddammit everyone knows RP by now, he should have done a LOT better, I thought he would at least hit 10%. This is a bummer, no other way to look at it. A win in Maine will rectify this awful night.

Well he flat out said he wasn't able to compete in Florida and basically conceded it. If you're an undecided voter, you're going to go with ones that are actually focused on your state. And if you're a soft RP supporter, you're not going to bother to vote.

Personally, I thought SC was much more disappointing considering what was spent there at the last minute, the early polls, and some of the local endorsements.

newbitech
01-31-2012, 08:41 PM
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg528/scaled.php?server=528&filename=oldr.jpg&res=medium

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7034/6798988003_359a4698d0_z.jpg

newbitech
01-31-2012, 08:42 PM
Well he flat out said he wasn't able to compete in Florida and basically conceded it. If you're an undecided voter, you're going to go with ones that are actually focused on your state. And if you're a soft RP supporter, you're not going to bother to vote.

Personally, I thought SC was much more disappointing considering what was spent there at the last minute, the early polls, and some of the local endorsements.

Agree

Andrew Ryan
01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Wtf how did Romney get most of the youth vote? :confused:

alucard13mmfmj
01-31-2012, 08:45 PM

i think i mentioned before that we know that we will get supporters from college kids.. but we really need to work on other age groups. i think we will get the same # of youth votes regardless if we visit college campuses or not imo..

neverseen
01-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Wtf how did Romney get most of the youth vote? :confused:
Old parents and grandparents telling their kids who to vote for. My parents did it with me for bush in '04...

EBounding
01-31-2012, 08:52 PM
Romney got the Youth vote because he actually campaigned there, simple as that. Florida was written off months ago, so that's not a big deal.

But losing Iowa, not taking advantage of the momentum after New Hampshire, and being the distant 4th in SC have been the biggest set backs, IMO.

MelissaWV
01-31-2012, 08:54 PM
i think i mentioned before that we know that we will get supporters from college kids.. but we really need to work on other age groups. i think we will get the same # of youth votes regardless if we visit college campuses or not imo..

We will get supporters from college kids?

Are you even looking at the graphic?

Romney wins 40+% of the college kids in that scenario lol

newbitech
01-31-2012, 08:59 PM

disagree, Ron Paul consistently holds his rallies at college campuses. Also, much less than half of the "youth" demographic are enrolled.

18 and 19 years old . . . . . . . . . . . 68.9
20 and 21 years old . . . . . . . . . . . 51.7
22 to 24 years old . . . . . . . . . . . . 30.4
25 to 29 years old . . . . . . . . . . . . 13

We need to work on ALL groups. Tell it to the campaign.

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 09:50 PM
i think i mentioned before that we know that we will get supporters from college kids.. but we really need to work on other age groups. i think we will get the same # of youth votes regardless if we visit college campuses or not imo.. Possible, but does not seem to be true. In Iowa and NH, we got up around half, over 40%. SC, I guess not enough people under 45 even voted to get a decent sample size for the exit polls, because they never showed any cross-tabs under 45 from that messed up state. Florida, we got 23% (tied with Gingrich, who is totally unappealing!).

So, it looks like we can significantly increase the number of young people we can get out and vote with us, by actively recruiting them. Our 18-30 turnouts were much higher, and our percentages fully doubled, in the states where Ron actively campaigned.

newbitech
01-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Possible, but does not seem to be true. In Iowa and NH, we got up around half, over 40%. SC, I guess not enough people under 45 even voted to get a decent sample size for the exit polls, because they never showed any cross-tabs under 45 from that messed up state. Florida, we got 23% (tied with Gingrich, who is totally unappealing!).

So, it looks like we can significantly increase the number of young people we can get out and vote with us, by actively recruiting them. Our 18-30 turnouts were much higher, and our percentages fully doubled, in the states where Ron actively campaigned.

Excellent observation. I am not even going to rant about this, but I will say, MONEY has NOTHING to do with it. I heard a comment by Ron Paul tonight talking about the need to spend 30-50 million in FLORIDA. I literally laughed out loud. Don't take this wrong, but I thought it was crazy when he said 20 million to compete in Florida after Iowa. It's the rallies and the appearances that are winning him support, and those don't cost millions.

Aratus
01-31-2012, 10:00 PM
mitt spent 16 to 29 million just to clobber
newt by a media airwaves 4 or 5 to 1 ratio?