PDA

View Full Version : News From Florida

No Free Beer
01-31-2012, 02:07 PM
I just got off the phone with one of my friends who lives in Bradenton, FL. This is where I used to live as well

She said that the media has asked people who they were voting for and a lot of people havent made up their minds until walking up to the voting booth.

A lot of people said that they were so sick of the negativity in the ads, that they voted for either Santorum or Paul.

Interesting development...

Keep you posted.

Havax
01-31-2012, 02:09 PM
Santorum will overperform.

thoughtomator
01-31-2012, 02:13 PM
This is just the scenario I wanted, opposing campaigns dropping huge amounts on the state, all but one leaving with nothing to show for the effort, and the two poll leaders having destroyed each other's reputations in the process.

Lord Xar
01-31-2012, 02:20 PM
The insiders know Newt can't win vs. Obama so they are now pumping Santo so he stays in the race thereby giving Mitt the leverage he needs to move forward.

I wish Santorum would just leave. We need to take him out.

Student Of Paulism
01-31-2012, 02:21 PM
I really dont get the whole 'i haven't decided to vote until 3 days or less leading up the primary' mind set. I mean, wtf, don't people actually do any homework or dissect the candidates and where they stand, their history, their record? Hell, you only get 8 months to decide. Oh wait. nm, don't answer that :rolleyes: Seriously though, this just proves people really aren't pro active enough. They just vote on looks, media hype and who their mom/dad/grandma and Bill Oreilly says to vote for.

No Free Beer
01-31-2012, 02:29 PM
i agree student, but this can help Ron

ronpaulfollower999
01-31-2012, 02:33 PM
According to my mom, one of her co workers was considering Paul but didn't think he could win. :rolleyes: WTF is wrong with America? You vote for the guy you want to win, not who you think will win.

Pauls' Revere
01-31-2012, 02:35 PM
This is just the scenario I wanted, opposing campaigns dropping huge amounts on the state, all but one leaving with nothing to show for the effort, and the two poll leaders having destroyed each other's reputations in the process.

^^;)

cartemj06
01-31-2012, 02:47 PM
According to my mom, one of her co workers was considering Paul but didn't think he could win. :rolleyes: WTF is wrong with America? You vote for the guy you want to win, not who you think will win.
IF ppl did what you suggest instead of what MSM tells them or like your mom's friend RP would be president.

ohgodno
01-31-2012, 02:50 PM

Bandwagoning - it happens. In NYC there are all these new Giants fans now - they were nowhere to be found at the beginning of December when the Giants were getting whipped.

People like winners - Dr. Paul hasn't "won" anything in people's minds. He wins a state(s) - things will begin to trend positive. Just like hitting is contagious in baseball — winning is also.

KingNothing
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Bandwagoning - it happens. In NYC there are all these new Giants fans now - they were nowhere to be found at the beginning of December when the Giants were getting whipped.

People like winners - Dr. Paul hasn't "won" anything in people's minds. He wins a state(s) - things will begin to trend positive. Just like hitting is contagious in baseball — winning is also.

Agreed. If Paul breaks through, I do believe the "..but he can't win" crowd will come around.

That said, I do take offense to the statement that hitting is contagious in baseball. Being a stat-head and nerdish fan of the game, I can say that math has proven this to be untrue. :p

JK/SEA
01-31-2012, 02:56 PM

thats why we call them sheeple. to get a flock of sheep to cross a river, you only need one to go 1st then the rest will follow. mindless. baabbbaa..

rebelsc61
01-31-2012, 03:04 PM
conversation overheard: 1st person - "so who are you going to vote for?" 2nd person - "who ever is highest in the polls." THAT'S what we're up against.

sailingaway
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM
Santorum will overperform.

Yeah, I was thinking his daughter would likely get him additional sympathy votes, then I just saw that in another article which thinks so too.

KingNothing
01-31-2012, 03:06 PM
conversation overheard: 1st person - "so who are you going to vote for?" 2nd person - "who ever is highest in the polls." THAT'S what we're up against.

Well, you wouldn't want to pick someone who doesn't win! If you did that, you'd be a loooooooooooooser!

rblgenius
01-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Hate to break it to you but your average voter is quite dumb. Why do you think the establishment has been around so long?

KingNothing
01-31-2012, 03:10 PM
Hate to break it to you but your average voter is quite dumb. Why do you think the establishment has been around so long?

To paraphrase George Carlin: Imagine how dumb the average person is. 50-percent of people are worse.

amyre
01-31-2012, 03:11 PM
I happen to work at the same building I voted at and didn't see ONE person under the age of 60 there today. I think Santorum is going to do well....bleh. People around here like his "conservative Christian values," and can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that the power they give to him can/will someday be used against them by someone else. I really don't get why that is so hard to understand.

As a side note, I took a picture of my ballot and posted it to Instagram....only to find out this is illegal. WHAT!?!?

seawolf
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
Look for Santorum to approach 16%, Paul hopefully 12%. I wish he could get more votes, but 12% would be huge, with no Official Campaign Presence. I am so proud of the Florida Ron Paul Grassroots. They have been magnificant!!!!

My other predictions for tonight - Romney at 40%, Gingrich 30%, and Others 2%

rblgenius
01-31-2012, 03:13 PM
To paraphrase George Carlin: Imagine how dumb the average person is. 50-percent of people are worse.

Haha never heard it put that way. But seriously. My entire family is filled with neo-cons and no matter how rationally I assert my premises, they are too ignorant/brainwashed/stubborn to intellectually engage.

When I explain foreign policy, they love Dubya's "you don't support Iraq/afghanistan? you don't support the troops?". So ignorant.

ironj221
01-31-2012, 03:14 PM

Yeah and it REALLY doesn't make sense in a Republican nomination caucus/primary. That's what the whole process is about; putting the person through who you want.

Gary4Liberty
01-31-2012, 03:16 PM
Santorum is a media tool.

alucard13mmfmj
01-31-2012, 03:19 PM
I happen to work at the same building I voted at and didn't see ONE person under the age of 60 there today. I think Santorum is going to do well....bleh. People around here like his "conservative Christian values," and can't seem to wrap their minds around the fact that the power they give to him can/will someday be used against them by someone else. I really don't get why that is so hard to understand.

As a side note, I took a picture of my ballot and posted it to Instagram....only to find out this is illegal. WHAT!?!?

why do people put social values over economic viability, sound money and peace?
i dont get it... social values wont determine the fate of every american and probably the entire world. it is a non-issue imo and the least important aspect of politics for me.

puppetmaster
01-31-2012, 03:20 PM
I really dont get the whole 'i haven't decided to vote until 3 days or less leading up the primary' mind set. I mean, wtf, don't people actually do any homework or dissect the candidates and where they stand, their history, their record? Hell, you only get 8 months to decide. Oh wait. nm, don't answer that :rolleyes: Seriously though, this just proves people really aren't pro active enough. They just vote on looks, media hype and who their mom/dad/grandma and Bill Oreilly says to vote for.

it's a beauty contest for these imbeciles.

TheCaliforniaLife
01-31-2012, 03:23 PM
Haha never heard it put that way. But seriously. My entire family is filled with neo-cons and no matter how rationally I assert my premises, they are too ignorant/brainwashed/stubborn to intellectually engage.

When I explain foreign policy, they love Dubya's "you don't support Iraq/afghanistan? you don't support the troops?". So ignorant.

I always respond to people like that by saying "Bush won the nomination on a non-nation building, pro-peace foreign policy. You voted for Bush based upon this. Just because Bush goes from non-nation building to pro-nation building, you all of a sudden follow the bandwagon?"

Paul or not at all
01-31-2012, 03:25 PM
dam that is good for rick, he has high positive intensity..

ronpaulfollower999
01-31-2012, 03:27 PM

lol...I posted mine to Facebook. See ya in Gitmo!!

Liberty74
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
I had a theory that A LOT of people would be turned off by the Romney vs Newt blood bath while holding a gun to people's head to choose between the two. Some will revolt but I highly doubt "a lot" of people were undecided before voting today. Maybe 10-15% truly undecided???

I would have to say Santorum comes out on top over Paul in the undecideds only based on the fact that Paul gets completely ignored by the radio talking heads yet when they do talk about Paul, it's all lies, smears, name calling, etc., hence a reason Paul can't win in closed states. Many primary voters take their marching orders from Rush, Beck, Levin, Hannity and the rest of the neocon fake conservatives.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 03:30 PM
I just got off the phone with one of my friends who lives in Bradenton, FL. This is where I used to live as well

That's where I lived for the '08 election. We were the ones that sign bombed the crap out of route #64 around the Walmart. Bradenton has good RP support and awareness. Manatee county should have good numbers.

RPSupporter305
01-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Some news article came out saying Santorum had 1.1 Million in the bank. How long can he go on that? Supposing that after another 3rd/4th place finish he won't get as many donations as before.

No Free Beer
01-31-2012, 03:34 PM
That's where I lived for the '08 election. We were the ones that sign bombed the crap out of route #64 around the Walmart. Bradenton has good RP support and awareness. Manatee county should have good numbers.

Awesome.

+rep

Evangelical_Protestant
01-31-2012, 03:54 PM
i searched alot of local news websites in various places in florida. one site stationed in ft. myers showed multiple pictures of voters and their explanations of who they voted for and why. there was alot of "i voted for ____ because i think he has a better chance of beating obama. but the guy who best represents my view is ____."

also alot of " i voted for santorum because he is the most conservative " :mad:
and " i voted for santorum because we need to bring faith back to america" :confused: as if thats a politicians job and not the private christian citizens duty to God :rolleyes:

the one nineteen year old female who did vote for paul said this
"It’s exciting because I love Ron Paul, but it’s not exciting because he probably won’t win,” she said. “I’m excited to see a change in presidents, though. I think (President Barack Obama) did a terrible job.”

Even if Paul does not win, Graham said she will stand behind her choice.

“I feel like he doesn’t have that much of a chance but I voted for him just in case. I don’t want to have the guilt of voting for someone I dislike."

:confused::eek::mad:

gerryb
01-31-2012, 04:02 PM

This is why I constantly advocate taking some classes at Leadership Institute, American Majority, YAL, etc.

Learn politics.

Perry
01-31-2012, 04:08 PM

You really need to read the "Have you reached the point" thread. When the positions you hold are based on false understandings of the root causes of events it can be very difficult to make decisions. Our conscience and logic constantly battle with what we've been taught.