PDA

View Full Version : Republican College Students Get Behind Ron Paul

Ray
01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Minnesota voters will go to the polls next Tuesday to select their favorite Republican candidate for the presidential election. Support for candidates has been quiet on the University of Minnesota campus, save for one.

Since returning from winter break, members of the student Youth for Ron Paul have staked out on the Washington Avenue Bridge to encourage students to vote for the Texas congressman in the Feb. 7 caucus.

“A lot of young people are really into him,” said Raymond Lee, the leader of the group’s University of Minnesota-Twin Cities chapter. “His views don’t change, and people like that,” Lee said. “Honesty and integrity is really appealing to young voters.”

The College Republicans, a conservative student group on campus, hasn’t endorsed a candidate yet but will unite behind whoever wins the nomination, the group’s President Julie Collier said.

“We tend to wait until there’s things they need us to do,” she said. “When there’s a candidate, we’ll be out volunteering.”

Whole article (http://www.mndaily.com/2012/01/31/republican-college-students-get-behind-ron-paul%E2%80%99s-platform)

I spy typos, meh article overall. I spent most of the time she was interviewing me talking about the caucus process and delegates, but she didn't mention anything about it. Probably went right over her head. Though I did lol at the College Republicans mindlessly supporting whoever the nominee is with no opinion whatever.

Ray
01-31-2012, 01:34 PM
bump