PDA

View Full Version : Only Ron Paul and Romney Can Beat Barack Obama: Latest USA Today/Gallup Poll

sailingaway
01-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Republican presidential candidates Mitt Romney and Ron Paul have better a chance of defeating incumbent President Barack Obama nationally, according to the latest USA Today/Gallup poll results.

Ron Paul, who has improved his national acceptability considerably in the past month, is behind Obama just by three points. Paul received 46 percent while Obama received 49 percent of votes from the registered voters.

Considering the survey's margin of error at plus or minus five points, Paul does have a chance of beating Obama in a direct duel.

According to the USA Today/Gallup poll, Romney has tied with Obama nationally at 48 percent and holds an edge over other Republican candidates in electability against the incumbent president.

The remaining two Republican candidates, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich, perform badly against Obama. While Santorum has a deficit of eight points with Obama, in case of a head- to-head match with him, Gingrich trails the president by 12 points in a one-on-one battle.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/290311/20120131/ron-paul-2012-romney-beat-obama-polls.htm

wgadget
01-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Ron Paul, who has improved his national acceptability considerably in the past month, is behind Obama just by three points. Paul received 46 percent while Obama received 49 percent of votes from the registered voters.

Considering the survey's margin of error at plus or minus five points, Paul does have a chance of beating Obama in a direct duel.

Shout it from the rooftops.

theswedishchef
01-31-2012, 08:32 AM
Shout it from the rooftops.

This!

wgadget
01-31-2012, 08:38 AM
I Tweeted it to Medved, Limbaugh, Hannity, Jamie Dupree, and Erickson. That oughta get some interested views.

camp_steveo
01-31-2012, 08:43 AM
OK, I am going to watch the news now. I bet they don't even mention it.

sailingaway
01-31-2012, 08:44 AM
They won't mention it. Ron has been polling like this on AVERAGE for some time, in terms of ranking, yet they keep saying 'he can't win'.

I figured we should at least report it, here.... :p

ghengis86
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Facebooked

wgadget
01-31-2012, 08:46 AM
We should be calling all these stupid neocon talk show hosts who claim ALL THEY WANT TO DO IS BEAT OBAMA with this information.

It's legit.

camp_steveo
01-31-2012, 08:51 AM
Actual Poll:
http://www.gallup.com/poll/152240/Romney-Ties-Obama-Swing-States-Gingrich-Trails.aspx

Fredom101
01-31-2012, 09:39 AM
The Romney numbers make no sense to me.

Even if RP is only getting 10% of the GOP vote here in the primaries (we all know it's higher than that), Romney loses to Obama, no doubt. RP voters will NOT vote for Romney in the general, for the most part. With those 10% voting 3rd party or staying home, NO CHANCE Romney can beat Obama.

How are the pollsters making it look like Romney can win?

camp_steveo
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM

Even if RP is only getting 10% of the GOP vote here in the primaries (we all know it's higher than that), Romney loses to Obama, no doubt. RP voters will NOT vote for Romney in the general, for the most part. With those 10% voting 3rd party or staying home, NO CHANCE Romney can beat Obama.

I have been saying all along that there is no way anyone other than Paul beats Obama.

green73
01-31-2012, 09:57 AM
bump

Dary
01-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Only Ron Paul and Romney Can Beat Barack Obama
Well at least they got it half right.

kathy88
01-31-2012, 10:01 AM

Because they are assuming we will vote for Romney if he is the nominee.

TonySutton
01-31-2012, 10:16 AM

I think everyone is getting it backwards. The polls are not off because of the pollsters. The polls are off because the old guard republicans are saying they will not vote for RP when they are polled. This is deflating the actual numbers that RP should be getting.

ghengis86
01-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Because they are assuming we will vote for Romney if he is the nominee.

Was their a 'neither' option when asked 'who would you vote for O or Mitt'?

I see the poll as forcing the choice, so a lot of the GOP who truly like Paul but hate Obama will vote for 'their' guy if O is the only other option.

TonySutton
01-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Was their a 'neither' option when asked 'who would you vote for O or Mitt'?

I see the poll as forcing the choice, so a lot of the GOP who truly like Paul but hate Obama will vote for 'their' guy if O is the only other option.

If there was no other option the total would be 100% which it is not.

Blue
01-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Ron's been polling well against Obama for the past month or so. The only time you will hear about this on TV is when Doug Wead, Ron, or someone else says it in an interview.

devil21
01-31-2012, 10:26 AM
So can we start claiming that a vote for Newt or Santorum is a wasted vote????

I think Ill start RIGHT NOW.

sailingaway
01-31-2012, 10:32 AM
Ron's been polling well against Obama for the past month or so. The only time you will hear about this on TV is when Doug Wead, Ron, or someone else says it in an interview.

He beat Obama in a Harris poll in something like May or April, and that is when I started noting he is ALWAYS number 2 in the RCP average of GOP candidates against Obama. That is basically the entire race, not just the last couple of months.

georgiaboy
01-31-2012, 12:53 PM
I love seeing Paul's name first in that headline.

airborne373
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
This is the kind of facts that make the paid talkers very angry. :mad:

devil21
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
This is the kind of facts that make the paid talkers very angry. :mad:

Which is funny because I posted this info on another conservative website and was promptly told in all seriousness that Dick Morris said that every candidate except Paul is capable of beating Obama. It must be true if Dick Morris said it!

Fredom101
01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
Anyone listen to the am radio right wing nuts lately? It's Romney and Gingrich, no one else is running. Ron who? Oh, he's a sideshow freak that will drop out soon. Even if that were true, RP dropping out isn't even good for Romney or Gingrich! It's not like he's going to endorse them! I can't wait to see this whole thing blow up in the faces of neocons everywhere. :)

sailingaway
01-31-2012, 03:07 PM
Which is funny because I posted this info on another conservative website and was promptly told in all seriousness that Dick Morris said that every candidate except Paul is capable of beating Obama. It must be true if Dick Morris said it!

All the same, I think the coverage (and non-coverage) of this election is opening a lot of eyes.