PDA

View Full Version : Florida New Survey Poll Asking If The GOP Should Put Another Candidate In The Race!!

donnay
01-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Do you think it would be good or bad if another candidate entered the race for the Republican nomination?

h tt p://www.baynews9.com/politics/florida-primary

Do you think it would be good or bad if another candidate entered the race for the Republican nomination?
Good (40%)
Bad (37%)
No impact (14%)
Not sure (8%)

You know that Jeb Bush and his father were at the White House this past weekend, are they putting feelers out to see whether they should throw Jeb in the ring?

AngryCanadian
01-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Wow i am now pi**ed!:mad: Jeb Bush? No thanks.

RickyJ
01-30-2012, 11:03 PM
How would another candidate get on the ballot anywhere this late? At this time third party is the only way another can jump in I think.

donnay
01-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Jeb Bush’s Op-Ed In The Wall Street Journal Sparks Cries Of “Run, Jeb, Run” (http://www.sunshineslate.com/2012/01/03/jeb-bush-wall-street-journal-sparks-cries-of-run-jeb-run/http://)

Obama hosts George H.W. and Jeb Bush at White House (http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/obama-hosts-george-hw-and-jeb-bush-at-white-house-112638.htmlhttp://)

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-30-2012, 11:57 PM
Further proves the media doesn't care about the realities of the election process. They must know it's entirely impossible for another candidate to jump in this late. They just want to stir the pot some more.

Feelgood
01-31-2012, 12:12 AM
Jeb won't run. But I did find this interesting from that site.

Candidates who have suspended their campaign will still appear on the Florida primary ballot.

I mean WTF? Why do they have to skew the results? Its a friggin Diebold machine, just hit the delete key FFS!

mmadness
01-31-2012, 12:13 AM
Too late now. Even if they did, if we do our homework, then we'll pack the RNC to prevent this.

Make sure we pack the house in Tampa! Be a delegate for Ron Paul!

Avalon
01-31-2012, 12:29 AM
Assuming they did and it was someone who doesn't steal votes from RP (ie, Jeb Bush), it could only help us, both increase our standing in later primaries and also increase the chances of a brokered convention (although not too much, the other candidates are likely easy to play ball).

giovannile07
01-31-2012, 12:45 AM
What are people think putting in new candidates is a good idea at the moment? o_O

Avalon
01-31-2012, 01:20 AM
Because republicans are holding their nose while voting for these guys, just like they did with McCain. That's why they were all for Perry (and Thompson last time around) before they knew who he was. If a new guy entered the race and the media gave him the spotlight, the best thing he could do is not attend any debates. The rest is all up to the media (well most of the reported debate performance is too).

anaconda
01-31-2012, 02:00 AM
How would another candidate get on the ballot anywhere this late? At this time third party is the only way another can jump in I think.

Robert Kennedy announced on March 16th, 1968. I have no idea about ballot issues then compared to now.

The_Ruffneck
01-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Wouldn't be a bad thing for us IMO
1)Diluting the vote is good
2)Bush will take votes away for the other warmongers and not the Paul guys
3)Re-inforces to the public that the race is still up for grabs

anaconda
01-31-2012, 02:33 AM
Wouldn't be a bad thing for us IMO
1)Diluting the vote is good
2)Bush will take votes away for the other warmongers and not the Paul guys
3)Re-inforces to the public that the race is still up for grabs

The field is potentially ripe for another entrant, as long as they can get on a significant chunk of ballots and proceed to the brokered convention. I don't know who it would be. Bloomberg? Christie? Don't see anyone, frankly. That's the problem. I don't think it's worth the time, money, and effort to the powers that be. They don't care if it's the RINO or the DINO. So why worry? Their only worry is a populist uprising that is constitutionally driven. My guess is that the powers that be are actually far more concerned with Ron Paul than any of the day to day baloney happening in the Republican primaries between Romney, Gingrich, or any potential late entry to the contest.