PDA

View Full Version : HQ should help promote Tea Party

max
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM
If RP were to pushg12/16 on his numerous upcoming media appearances it could really take off.

I know it sounds cool to say "the grassroots did this, we werent involved at all"...But would you rather have..

"Grassroots did it": $10 million

"The campaign together with the grassroots : $20 million

The media cares more about the actual numbers....not whether RP had a hand in it or not. What are they gonna say...that the money is meaningles because RP was involved in promoting it???

I would love to see RP make a national appeal on TV....even run Boston Tea Party commercials in key primary states...kill 2 birds in one stone...

...why should we take all the burden of making this a nationally known event when all he has to do is talk about it himself?

This could mean a difference of an extra 10 million dollars if RP helped us...He sort of did this today on face the Nation...but he should go a step further and call on all Americans to join the Tea Party

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 12:15 AM
max, get a clue. The campaign does not want to become entangled in FEC violations. And it is better press anyway to say that it all spontaneously happened without their direction.

max
11-12-2007, 12:18 AM
max, get a clue. The campaign does not want to become entangled in FEC violations. And it is better press anyway to say that it all spontaneously happened without their direction.

How is it an FEC violation to talk up a donation drive????? was the meetup contest an "FEC" violation??

i dont see how it's "better press"....donations is donations ..

If this thing were promoted right...nationally and UNIVERSALLY known in advance....we could get 100 Million...no exxageration

TechnoGuyRob
11-12-2007, 12:44 AM
Umm...how is asking people to donate on a certain day a violation? That's stupid.

I full-heartedly agree with max.

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 12:54 AM
This idea was already discussed before November 5th. The HQ did not send out any e-mails attempting to "goose" the 5th. Yes, Ron did make mention of it, but he clearly kept it within the realm of the grassroots and maintained a hands-off approach.

I'm not claiming he should ignore the obvious. He has already acknowledged what will be happening for the Tea Party this morning on Face the Nation. I'm saying that it make sense to let a grassroots effort be - just that.

I think Ron Paul knows how to play it cool, and not get entangled in FEC issues.