PDA

View Full Version : Doug Wead will be available to answer your questions tomorrow

GeorgiaAvenger
01-30-2012, 09:13 PM
From 1 P.M. to 2 P.M. Eastern tomorrow Doug Wead will be on his facebook for a discussion.

http://www.facebook.com/DougWeadOfficial

I won't be able to attend, so if somebody could ask Doug about checking out Sheriff Richard Mack (http://sheriffmackforcongress.com/), Lt. Colonel Karen Kwiatkowski (http://karenkforcongress.com/) and seeing is Ron could possibly throw an endorsement their way for their Congressional runs, it would be appreciated.

Sola_Fide
01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Cool thanks. Do I need to have a Facebook? I've intentionally not signed up.

eleganz
01-30-2012, 09:15 PM
All you professional debate critics can give Wead your suggestions now. :)

GeorgiaAvenger
01-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Cool thanks. Do I need to have a Facebook? I've intentionally not signed up.

Yes you do. But you can easily create a fake one. Call yourself AquaBuddha if you like.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-30-2012, 09:18 PM
He sent it out to everyone who liked his page 1,793 people.

To make the most of the hour of his time, maybe we should come up with priority questions to ask him and designate just 1 person here to ask them. What do ya all think?

GeorgiaAvenger
01-30-2012, 09:19 PM

To make the most of the hour of his time, maybe we should come up with priority questions to ask him and designate just 1 person here to ask them. What do ya all think?Good suggestion.

LibertyEagle
01-30-2012, 09:21 PM

To make the most of the hour of his time, maybe we should come up with priority questions to ask him and designate just 1 person here to ask them. What do ya all think?

Ha ha. Good luck with that.

bluesc
01-30-2012, 09:24 PM

Get away from me with your good idea, fool!

"Doug, you HAVE to make an electability ad! Doug, you MUST tell people that Ron is electable! Doug, we love you, man! Doug, you MUST create a foreign policy ad!"

x10000000000000

J_White
01-30-2012, 09:28 PM
I would like to ask this - Why does the Campaign not come out with a well written Bring Them home plan, to bring back our troops , probably starting from regions like Europe, Africa, Australia and Japan and then de-escalating in mid-east. Is it not possible, that just like the Restore America Now Plan gave total legitimacy to Dr.Paul's economics and domestic policies views, might not this foreign policy plan do the same for this so called media created hurdle of foreign policy ?
If they do come out with such a plan, they should clearly mention that in case of an imminent threat to US, the evidence for that threat will be taken to Congress and The Congress will be asked to declare war. If that happens, the full might of the US armed forces will be used to get rid of that threat at the quickest, and then the troops will be brought back home. There will be no nation building.

In addition, why not make an "Electability" ad with polls comparing with Obama, and a "Dangerous" (to the status quo) ad.

JJ2
01-30-2012, 09:29 PM
How about asking him if Ron will give a major foreign policy speech?

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I would like to ask this - Why does the Campaign not come out with a well written Bring Them home plan, to bring back our troops , probably starting from regions like Europe, Africa, Australia and Japan and then de-escalating in mid-east. Is it not possible, that just like the Restore America Now Plan gave total legitimacy to Dr.Paul's economics and domestic policies views, might not this foreign policy plan do the same for this so called media created hurdle of foreign policy ?
If they do come out with such a plan, they should clearly mention that in case of an imminent threat to US, the evidence for that threat will be taken to Congress and The Congress will be asked to declare war. If that happens, the full might of the US armed forces will be used to get rid of that threat at the quickest, and then the troops will be brought back home. There will be no nation building.

I do think we pretty much all would agree that we would like for the campaign to come out with a comprehensive foriegn policy/ national defense plan posted on the campaign web-site.

This is really the key issue keeping him from the votes needed for the nom.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-30-2012, 09:33 PM
I honestly think that he gets the FP question every time, and nothing changes. It is probably for good reason.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
I honestly think that he gets the FP question every time, and nothing changes. It is probably for good reason.

How is a question asked about it?

I am suggesting that someone needs to tell him that his supporters NEED for them to put a plan on paper that we can refer people to, who think he is a pacifist or isolationist or both.

What's so top secret about putting it in writing that he will keep the Navy patrolling international waters, or that he will reopen bases here, and that he would be willing to go to war with a declartion from Congress, yada yada "?"

carterm
01-30-2012, 09:41 PM
hey wead, tell ron paul to say the following as much as possible: "gingrich's top 3 donors? banks. romney's top 3 donors? banks. obama's top 3 donors? banks. my top 3 donors? army, navy, airforce."

freneticentropy
01-30-2012, 09:42 PM
How about asking him if Ron will give a major foreign policy speech?

Please, please someone ask him about this.

I am convinced that the only possible way to win at this point is to make a very aggressive play to turn around perceptions on his foreign policy. I suggested here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?354404-The-Paul-Doctrine-on-Foreign-Policy-Changing-perceptions-of-republican-voters.) and here (http://www.dailypaul.com/208128/campaign-suggestion-the-paul-doctrine-changing-republican-voter-perceptions-on-foreign-policy) that Paul can win if he can frame the foreign policy debate and force the media and his opponents to confront his foreign policy on its own terms. "The Paul Doctrine", if properly promoted, could change the whole conversation not only in the republican party, but in the entire country and force people to confront the fact that Paul is the only adult running.

I don't have a fb account, but if someone would ask Wead about this, and direct him to that thread (especially the second one on dailypaul), I'd love you forever.

Sentinelrv
01-30-2012, 10:08 PM
We need to convince him to air ads on Ron's electability. They need to show the polls! And also, he needs to ask Ron to respond to the 3rd party questions by talking about his polling against Obama. He needs to counter the MSM propaganda.

jcarcinogen
01-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Mr. Wead, Do you think it is a good strategy for Ron Paul to refer to the other candidates Foreign Policy as "Big Government" Foreign Policy?

JJ2
01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Mr. Wead, Do you think it is a good strategy for Ron Paul to refer to the other candidates Foreign Policy as "Big Government" Foreign Policy?

How about "Liberal Big Government Foreign Policy"? ;)

And yes, I agree with most of the comments that we need to hammer home to him that the focus has to be on foreign policy and electability.

cdw
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
It would be great if someone could suggest the idea of a Ron and Carol ad for social security so that the campaign can reach the senior demographic. We can't win with just the under 45 vote. It doesn't need to be flashy, they can film it in the living room. The only thing that matters is that it hits all the points they need to hear. I can see it now:

Ron (smiling): I was raised with the good ol' American values of honoring commitments and keeping my words.
Carol (smiling): Which is why preserving Social Security and Medicare is very important to us.
*cue the background music*
Ron: Unfortunately the bureaucrats in Washington failed to honor their commitment to Social Security and Medicare, and used the money to fund overseas spending instead.
Carol: While the seniors who paid into it all their lives, now have their retirement threatened to be scaled back, or even cut altogether.
*background music swells*
Ron (smiling): That's why my Restore America Now plan cuts a trillion dollars from the deficit, mostly overseas spending, and returns the money back home where it belongs - to the seniors that paid into it.
...It's time America keeps it's promises and takes care of her own for a change. And that's what I'll do as your President. You have my word."

It's cheesy I know, but that's alright. Do that, and run that sumbich during Golden Girls, Walker Texas Ranger, Judge Judy, and Jeopardy reruns in these caucus states. There's no way the other candidates would be able to dominate the senior vote with this.

socal
01-30-2012, 11:57 PM
How about "Liberal Big Government Foreign Policy"? ;)

And yes, I agree with most of the comments that we need to hammer home to him that the focus has to be on foreign policy and electability.
... and seniors (SS and Medicare issue).

Orwell
01-31-2012, 12:03 AM
It would be great if someone could suggest the idea of a Ron and Carol ad for social security so that the campaign can reach the senior demographic. We can't win with just the under 45 vote. It doesn't need to be flashy, they can film it in the living room. The only thing that matters is that it hits all the points they need to hear. I can see it now:

Ron (smiling): I was raised with the good ol' American values of honoring commitments and keeping my words.
Carol (smiling): Which is why preserving Social Security and Medicare is very important to us.
*cue the background music*
Ron: Unfortunately the bureaucrats in Washington failed to honor their commitment to Social Security and Medicare, and used the money to fund overseas spending instead.
Carol: While the seniors who paid into it all their lives, now have their retirement threatened to be scaled back, or even cut altogether.
*background music swells*
Ron (smiling): That's why my Restore America Now plan cuts a trillion dollars from the deficit, mostly overseas spending, and returns the money back home where it belongs - to the seniors that paid into it.
...It's time America keeps it's promises and takes care of her own for a change. And that's what I'll do as your President. You have my word."

It's cheesy I know, but that's alright. Do that, and run that sumbich during Golden Girls, Walker Texas Ranger, Judge Judy, and Jeopardy reruns in these caucus states. There's no way the other candidates would be able to dominate the senior vote with this.

You're correct, but after seeing Stossel's segment on medicare with that focus group, I get all ragey when I hear 'Medicare' :(-- particularly when all one ever hears about are those 'damn entitled youth'.

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 12:28 AM
hey wead, tell ron paul to say the following as much as possible: "gingrich's top 3 donors? banks. romney's top 3 donors? banks. obama's top 3 donors? banks. my top 3 donors? army, navy, airforce."That's not completely true. Gingrich's top two are Adelman and Mrs. Adelman. If you count the superPAC. Which is the only part of his campaign with money.

unknown
01-31-2012, 12:32 AM
hey wead, tell ron paul to say the following as much as possible: "gingrich's top 3 donors? banks. romney's top 3 donors? banks. obama's top 3 donors? banks. my top 3 donors? army, navy, airforce."

This one's pretty good.

unknown
01-31-2012, 12:42 AM
My first question will be is if there are any coaching sessions or brainstorming with regards to responses for debates or interviews.

If yes, then I will ask him about the fact that there are a few standard questions which the mainstream media always asks:

Electability.

Will he support someone else.

Will he run Third Party.

Is he running to win or to simply inject ideas or influence the platform.

If the other candidates are "conservative" or "conservative enough".
I'll provide abbreviated suggestions/responses for each.

My suggestion will be that Ron Paul needs to get more aggressive (something we know he doesnt like to do) specifically talking about their big government, big spending, anti-freedom records. That he should go on the attack.

WD-NY
01-31-2012, 02:25 AM

I thought Congressman Chris Gibson from upstate New York made a pretty solid case in an oped published in the Albany Times Union - Team Paul should give this fellow a call :)

http://www.timesunion.com/opinion/article/Military-is-poised-for-reform-2674274.php

As a former Army soldier, I am committed to ensuring that America maintains the world's most powerful military with the strength and resources to defeat any potential adversary, while still placing top priority on the well-being of our troops, their families, our veterans, and the families of our fallen heroes.

Our national security establishment is not optimally organized to meet the threats of the 21st century and is in serious need of reform. Furthermore, we are eroding the very security we seek with massive deficit spending that inextricably links us to the countries which hold our debt.

The recent release of President Barack Obama's "Defense Strategic Review" is a positive step forward in addressing the post-9/11 security environment, establishing priorities, and evolving beyond the Cold War legacy we largely still have today. However, it is too narrow in focus and disappoints in a fundamental way by continuing to embrace the concept of positioning our armed forces around the world.

This is the wrong approach for a Republic. Maintaining permanent land bases overseas is costly and adds little, if anything, to our national security. Now is the time to be bold. Our new strategic redesign must be broad in scope, encompassing the entire national security establishment, including the intelligence community, the Department of Defense and the Department of Homeland Security. Duplicative and unnecessary bureaucratic structure has thwarted effective action and compounded costs.

The intelligence community, for example, has grown approximately 150 percent since 9/11, with further growth anticipated. Yet, it is already too big, overly compartmentalized and not adequately integrated with the Special Operations Command to defeat the terrorist networks threatening our way of life.

In Iraq, I saw firsthand the extraordinary success achieved when we fused intelligence with Special Operations. Our ability to act swiftly on information to target al-Qaida leadership was one of the main reasons the security environment improved in Iraq. That should serve as a model for our national security.

The President rightly has asked the military to look at ways to consolidate headquarters. This will help eliminate redundancies, improve security, and realize significant savings. We should consolidate the Regional Combatant Commands that span the entire globe into one Joint Forces Command, based in the U.S.

Our land forces should be consolidated in the U.S., too, and organized, equipped and trained for full spectrum operations. These include deploying rapidly with forcible entry capability and fighting a major theater war, conducting post-hostilities operations, defending our homeland and responding to natural disasters.

Meanwhile, our naval forces should provide a global presence, maintaining access to sea lanes and markets around the world.

In an effort to counter the Chinese threat, the Obama administration has suggested building another permanent overseas base in Australia — a mistake.
Simply put, our military must not be a substitute for our State Department. America should lead with its values, ideas, and commerce, supported by the world's strongest military.

Finally, it is equally important that, as we reorganize our military to reflect today's reality, we also change the way our country goes to war. The nuclear age has consolidated the power to go to war in the executive branch, denying the American people the ability to express their consent through their elected representatives. By reforming the War Powers Act to ensure executive-legislative balance, we would make certain that the decision to use hostile U.S. military force is one that is considered with the utmost care. I have introduced legislation, H.R. 3709, to do just that.

For any defense review to be successful, we need a comprehensive and collaborative process between the president and Congress that produces the details for a fundamental restructuring of the national security establishment. This will save us money, increase our national security, and ensure our military is used in a manner consistent with the character of our nation.

With the right reforms, and if we remain vigilant in protecting our civil liberties at home, I am confident that this will be America's best century yet.

Chris Gibson of Kinderhook represents New York's 20th Congressional District.

LibertyEagle
01-31-2012, 03:06 AM
That's not completely true. Gingrich's top two are Adelman and Mrs. Adelman. If you count the superPAC. Which is the only part of his campaign with money.

Ok then. Mafia and banks. ;)

noxnoctum
01-31-2012, 03:21 AM
Someone needs to ask him to please do a foreign policy ad emphasizing how we are LESS safe because of the actions of the neo-cons. Unfortunately, I think an appeal to pure self-interest is the only way to start changing the public's mind on this issue.

jcarcinogen
01-31-2012, 03:45 AM
You guys are making foreign policy too complicated. If the average person cared that much they'd research on their own. You should focus on what is different from Ron Paul's fp not try to explain why its right. Cost. Big Government fp is NOT conservative, and wasteful LIBERAL spending is the greatest threat to our national security. How can a neocon argue with that?

Barrex
01-31-2012, 04:09 AM
All you professional debate critics can give Wead your suggestions now. :)

Prediction: Facebook crashes. Servers couldnt handle so many people .

Question to WEEEEEED:

How can we help? What do you want us to do?

freneticentropy
01-31-2012, 05:37 AM
You guys are making foreign policy too complicated. If the average person cared that much they'd research on their own. You should focus on what is different from Ron Paul's fp not try to explain why its right. Cost. Big Government fp is NOT conservative, and wasteful LIBERAL spending is the greatest threat to our national security. How can a neocon argue with that?

They do care, insofar as they don't want to see the world descend into global chaos, which is what they think will happen under Ron Paul, because that's what Bill O'Reilly tells them. That's why they eliminate him from consideration entirely. We need to dispel this myth somehow. I think Paul and the campaign could stand to be a lot more aggressive in dispelling this myth. My suggestions are a major policy speech and plan and a change in emphasis from the negative (the bad things America has done around the world) to the positive (how Paul would enhance our security and stability).

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 07:26 AM
The problem is, no matter what Ron Paul does or how he "reframes it," Bill O'Reilly will assuredly keep telling them that, so it's not clear how much actual effect ads or a speech (which the slime-dia would refuse to cover) would have.

E-mailing the "I like Ron Paul Except on Foreign Policy" video to everyone in the country might help, but that's something we can do, not the campaign, and we need not ask Doug Wead for permission.

ZanZibar
01-31-2012, 08:38 AM
Ha ha. Good luck with that.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rwDwmF1wE_A/Tfc_cNLJCaI/AAAAAAAAAMY/mm2eDipRvf0/s1600/cat%2520herding.png

doctorfunk
01-31-2012, 09:34 AM
We should ask if Ron Paul is planning on running 3rd party.

DesMoinesActivist
01-31-2012, 09:44 AM
I wouldn't tell him how to answer. He has excellent advisors. But will try to get important answers me and other voters need

ZanZibar
01-31-2012, 09:48 AM
We should ask if Ron Paul is planning on running 3rd party.LOLz... this is a joke, right? :D

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-31-2012, 09:48 AM

You're joking right? I can answer that for you. NO he is not. He is planning on getting the republican Nomination. :cool:

I won't be asble to make the chat, but for whoever can, there is definetely a running theme of priority issues we need the campaign to help us, convert others with, for whoever can make the chat to draw from.

A Foriegn Policy plan written down on their web-site with maybe a video speech on it.
Same for the protection of those recieving SS and Medicare
Electability polls against Barrack need more press from them.
Who, whose largest donors are need more press from them.

I think we did a good job of defining priority issues for the chat if anyone would like to bring them up with Doug and let us know how it went, that would be Great!!!

I am off to go vote for RON PAUL in the Florida primary. :D woooooooooooooohoooooooo

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 09:56 AM
Yeah, foreign policy and electability definitely seem to be what everyone is interested in around here, with SS/Medicare a distant third. Not that I necessarily agree with everyone on these interests.

I am off to go vote for RON PAUL in the Florida primary. :D woooooooooooooohoooooooo Go Florida! Maybe you can get third!

unknown
01-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Question to WEEEEEED:

How can we help? What do you want us to do?

Pretty good.

unknown
01-31-2012, 11:34 AM

Youre joking right?

LibertyEagle
01-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Yeah, foreign policy and electability definitely seem to be what everyone is interested in around here, with SS/Medicare a distant third. Not that I necessarily agree with everyone on these interests.

Go Florida! Maybe you can get third!

It doesn't matter what WE are interested in. It matters what the undecided voters are interested in.

Paul or not at all
01-31-2012, 11:45 AM
Someone should ask him if the campaign has any plans to do some outreach to Puerto Rico, Guam, DC, etc..

HOLLYWOOD
01-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Ok then. Mafia and banks. ;)Top Donors of my opponents: Romney: the Casinos in Manhattan, Gingrich, the Casinos in Las Vegas. The sure bet: My Donors Army, Air Force, & Navy

Ron should say, "I'm the only candidate no bought and fighting to save/protect; your Money, your Economy, & your Retirements. All the rest want to spend your standard of living and your future, overseas and reward their donors.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:00 PM
Someone should ask him if the campaign has any plans to do some outreach to Puerto Rico, Guam, DC, etc..The campaign has already said they're working on places like Puerto Rico, no?

tommyzDad
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
He's on "Live" right now.....

Okaloosa
01-31-2012, 12:16 PM
He's on "Live" right now.....

Where on his page? I'm not seeing anything.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Q: Hi Doug, why doesnt the campaign setup a site that has a video that Ron Paul either speaks about his ideas, or a good YouTube Video thats already made, and below it have a email submit to collect emails from the visitors, and have Ron say the web address at the next debate? Imagine how many visitors he would get and potential email address for future money bombs.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian That's such a great idea. I have seen other versions of this. I will push it again. I guess we just run out of time in the day.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:17 PM
Q: Hi Doug, are there are coaching or brainstorming sessions with regards to responses for debates or interviews?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian well, dr. paul is so pure in his ideas and thinking he doesn't have much of that.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:18 PM
Q: it looks to me Ron Paul has a younger group of voters

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, and have you noticed our huge numbers of hispanics? do you know what they have in common? both are troubled about the loss of the american dream, the corruption of the free market system.

harikaried
Q: Hi Mr. Wead, Is the campaign going to release a Foreign Policy guide of some sort, since the media seems stupid enough to not understand/spin what is already out there? Perhaps some points of clarification from Dr. Paul on how/when he would use the Navy, if ships would be in waters around the world, and talk about supporting current/future weapons technology?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I would love that and others are calling for that.

harikaried
Q: There is alot of conflicting information about what states we still need to get on the ballot. Some its automatic.. some we need signatures... some theres no information at all. Is there an official list of where the supporters need to go and get signatures? I see alot of people scrambling to try themselves but in some of those states its automatic.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Among the many things that John Tate does very well is ballott access. He and Dimitri Kesari are brilliant at that. And have done a great job.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Q: Doug, the latest USA Today/Gallup Poll showed that ONLY Romney and Paul have a chance to beat Obama. What are the odds that we see a new hard hitting ad released to pound home that point? Ron IS electable. A new ad on par with "The One" might serve to change the narrative that he isn't.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Very good point. I love that. it is over due.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:19 PM
Q: Doug, Ron Paul was endorsed by Rapper Snoop Dogg, any chance we will see a TV ad or web ad with celeb endorsements?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good idea. Ha.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Q: Mr. Wead, Horrible things are happening in our country, and so many of us believe Dr. Paul is our only hope. I believe if this was a fair election, it would be one of the biggest landslides in history. What can we do to stop the media manipulation and VOTING FRAUD that is currently taking place?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Well, our message is spreading. The cameramen and make up ladies at the networks are whispering in my ear, "keep up the good work." so the message is spreading.

harikaried
Q: does dr paul read the daily paul?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian my guess is yes, sometimes. he loves the internet.

harikaried
Q: Will we ever see a commercial with Ron and Carol explaining that Ron will NOT cut Social Security or Medicare, and will balance the budget by only cutting foreign spending?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good point. He needs to keep repeating that.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:21 PM
Q: Our Kentucky conventions start in just over a month. Who do I contact for voter lists or Kentucky coordination? Having trouble finding someone who knows. I realize KY delegates are bound, but we can help with party elections or in a brokered convention, and time is growing short. Our county was one of the strongest for Dr. Paul in 2008, we know the rules and we'd like to do it again. Thanks for your wonderful delivery of the message and keep up the good work!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good point. I will get this to Jonn Tate.

Q: What I would love to see = Ron Paul saying I will protect the United States... The difference between me and these other yahoo's on foreign policy is that if we fight a war under a Paul presidency, congress will declare it and we will swiftly win it...!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yaaa.

harikaried
Q: Doug, could you clarify your statement made last week about Santorum and Gingrich missing out on over 500 delegates due to not getting on state ballots?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian The numbers have changed dramatically. They are on in most states now. But still not in Virginia and not full slates in Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee and others.

harikaried
Q: Any plans to aggressively go after the MSM for biased news reporting against Dr. Paul?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian It's frustrating. have i seen a plan? no.

Okie RP fan
01-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Can someone with a Facebook please ask why there isn't a "knock out" foreign policy ad?

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Q: Are there any high-tech careers in political organizations such as your own?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian seo, serm, etc. cori burkhert is on this forum and she is hi tech working for ron paul.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Q: Also, why isn't the campaign focusing ads on senior voters, and helping to destroy the mainstream media? The biggest stumbling blocks we seem to be encountering are: 1) foreign policy, 2) voters that have talking points from the media, i.e. Fox News/talk radio (they can't even answer questions, just resort to name-calling/non-issues) If the campaign could put together an ad or two, helping to cast doubt that the media is trustworthy, that would greatly help.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Hmmm, great ideas.

harikaried
Q: In my opinion, the biggest hurdle Ron Paul has to overcome is his electability. As Ron Paul supporters, we all know that he has electability coming out his ears. So much so that he is the most electable candidate running. However, many republican voters don't see it because they are so blinded by the "anything to beat Obama" mentality. When I talk with my grandfather about politics, he always like...See More

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian well, he is electable. all the polls show it. the problem is his "perceived" unelectiability.

harikaried
Q: Doug, How do we Get Ron to Speak More towards the specifics of his plans to get our Economy rolling again and get America back to work????

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian It is frustrating. there isn't much time in the debates, thats for sure.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:27 PM
Q: are there any plans to spend money on TV or online ads in spanish for networks like Univision or Telemundo?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian not sure.... we have a lot in print.

harikaried
Q: Mr. Wead someone brought up a really good idea the other day to raise money. At the end of each ad you should have an option for the viewer to text 45673 or whatever to donate money. I know Federal election laws need disclosure of donor information so the campaign itself cannot implement this idea, but for the SuperPaC's this is a great idea. Most people don't want to go to a computer and type in credit card information because it's time consuming. But texting a # to donate takes two seconds and is more of an impulse reaction. The donation is just added to the next months cell phone bill. I think this would be a brilliant way to increase funds for the PACs supporting the campaign to have that option after each televised ad.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Ahhh. I cannot comment on what a super pac does.

harikaried
Q: Hi Doug thanks for all your hard work. I've been trying to contact Darrell Issa and Todd Platts re: a markup of HR 459 and can't get anywhere. =/ Is there anything else we can do to help move that along?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Not sure, I will look into that.

harikaried
Q: I've been sensing a move by the neocons to pressure Gingrich and Santorum to stay in the race until the convention so as to minimize the amount of delegates Ron Paul can win. Have you guys heard this? Is this being taken into account in your strategy for when you go to the convention?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian We cannot force them out. Some say they help us.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Q: Doug, thanks for all you've done for Liberty! Why doesn't Ron Paul talk more about geo-politics and the oil & gas wars of Central Asia between NATO and anti-NATO forces? Is it taboo to talk about pipeline politics? It seems many countries will ignore our sanctions and continue trade with Iran. I believe the Iran-Pakistan-India-China pipeline is well under way against the wishes of NATO and their preferred TAPI pipeline through Afghanistan from Turkmenistan. What about all the currency swap agreements China has been establishing since 2008 and the recent bi-lateral agreement between India and Iran rumored to be gold for oil?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian He just doesn't get much time. Have you done a blog post I can promote on this?

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:28 PM
Q: Doug, Most older voting groups won't vote Ron Paul because of MSMedia manipulations on Paul policies. I.E. He wants to legalize Heroin and Paul wants to end Social Security. How do you reach these highest percentile voting groups, that remain glued to FOX/CNN/NBC NEWS 24/7?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Interesting. Yep, it is a problem.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:29 PM
Q: Doug, as an LDS supporter of Ron Paul, I believe my fellow "Mormons" have gone astray when they support Mitt's foreign policy. There are a number of mainstream LDS scriptures that support Ron Paul's non-intervention policy. Could we pursue a Mormon vote more actively in Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Idaho?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good idea. Our lds coalitions site is rockin. I will get you the link and will post it.

KingNothing
Q: Doug, the latest USA Today/Gallup Poll showed that ONLY Romney and Paul have a chance to beat Obama. What are the odds that we see a new hard hitting ad released to pound home that point? Ron IS electable. A new ad on par with "The One" might serve to change the narrative that he isn't.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Very good point. I love that. it is over due.

Whoever asked that was BRILLIANT!

:-)

harikaried
Q: I read that the post Florida speech is going to be in Nevada, is this going to be televised like the other ones?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian we hope so. but as you know. we don't control tv.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Q: Has the campaign read the recent news article by Bob Livingston says that he thinks Dr. Paul isn't clear enough on how he would handle SS, when he is asked in the debates? Basically if he was clearer abt same, there would be a better chance at convincing seniors that they won't lose their benefits. I feel that Dr. Paul has been clear, however, with 30 seconds on stage, and with Operation Grandma, ongoing possibly he has a point.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good points.

Q: What are the odds of seeing a Google+ Hangout in Paul's future? Obama just pulled it off really well. Might be interesting and worthwhile to see our guys do the same, provided they could adequately control it....

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian interesting. we could try one. numbers?

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:30 PM
Q: let Newt and Mit fight it out while the Ron Paul cream rises to the top

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian ha

Q: When Dr. Paul answers questions, this is really the perspective he NEEEEEEDS to take... http://www.tomwoods.com/blog/what-ron-paul-should-say/

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian powerful

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:31 PM
Q: We are having Caucuses in Colorado February 7 next Tuesday. I don’t hear much about it. Am I missing something?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian ron paul is in colorado today. want to meet him?

Q: Doug, the campaign's main issue is foreign policy. Most people do not understand RP's foreign policy and believe him to be a pacifist in the face of attack or threats. Just like the "Plan to Restore America," the campaign needs to release a strategic plan (backed by former CIA, military, etc. personnel) explaining RP's foreign policy. And please, please, please make sure Ron carefully explains his FP positions in debates and during media rounds. Have him outright say he will wage war if attacked or if the United States is credibly threatened by another country and the situation is beyond the point of diplomacy.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, yes, yes. YOu are so right.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Q: Let's get Doug over 2000 followers today! He has been below 2000 for far too long!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, that's the truth.

Q: Any plans for ads focusing on the two biggest issues for Paul. Electability and Foreign policy?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Hmmm. good idea, i will mention it.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:32 PM
Q: Can Ron Paul explain that he's strong on defense. Could a strong defense ad such as one that is for online be produced to show people. The ad secure is good but we need more.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Everybody is saying this. Must be very needed.

Q: There are a lot of Ex- Obama Supporters that are going to vote Ron Paul in the IL primary. Are there any plans to rub this in the establishment's face that Ron Paul is the only candidate that pulls support away from Obama?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Ha. They see it. And cringe.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:33 PM
Q: What is our plan for eliminating Gingrich and Santorum as contenders? I know Romney is our only real competition but having Gingrich and Santorum as distractions is not helping our cause. I would like to see Ron Paul put Obama in the same group as the other candidates during the next debates, this would really help to contrast him from everyone else.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Some disagreement on that. But I will pass this on. Good points.

Q: Can Ron Paul explain that he's strong on defense. Could a strong defense ad such as one that is for online be produced to show people. The ad secure is good but we need more.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yep, I am hearring that all day.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Q: How is it that Gingrich is the conservative 'tea-party' alternative to Romney? I'm begining to question the intelligence of the voters...

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Ha, ha, ha, ha.

Q: Doug, you are among the most articulate speakers I have ever encountered, keep smiling, the msm doesn't know what to do with you

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Thanks. Very encouraging.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
Q: PLEEEEAAAASE tell Dr. Paul that he's GOT TO be more detailed about his stance on the military and what he does and doesn't want to support. Just about everyone I talk to (and explain otherwise), that Dr. Paul wants to remove all troops from overseas and make them jobless. They're under the assumption that (based on what CNN FOX News, etc are telling them) that Dr. Paul wants to minimize the military to less than what the Clintons did. They're unaware that he wants to build up our military even more than it is now, just without doing it overseas.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Okay, I am getting that message loud and strong today.

Q: Paul needs to run a commercial with video of Michael Schueur and other CIA that are backing him. It's like I tell my kids about interviews: This is your chance to toot your own horn. No one else is going to do it for you. He needs to name drop those who have given him permission by publicly endorsing him. I know he's a humble guy, but he's gotta do a little bragging and calling out the others for their near mirror image to Obama.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good points.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Q: Doug, What did the Governor of Maine Paul Lepage talk to Ron Paul about? Was it a friendly meeting? Why didn't the Governor endorse Ron?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Joe, I don't know.

Q: Next time Ron Paul is asked if he'd be satisfied with a prime-time speech at the GOP convention, I'd like to hear him say, "Yes. The acceptance speech after I win the nomination."

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Oh, that's good.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:36 PM
Q: Just want to say thank you so much for all your hard work and wonderful representations of Ron Paul-really appreciate you. God bless.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian thanks Shawn. God bless you as well.

Q: We're probably not going to win the foreign policy issue in this election - there's just too much demagoguing and entrenched interests. I agree with the other folks mentioning a clear statement on foreign policy, how it relates to the economy, and Dr. Paul's strategic posturing with less massive troop deployments. At least this way the seed is planted and people will realize one day that our foreign policy IS a problem - just as many realized this election cycle that spending and the fed is a problem (something that wouldn't have happened if Paul wasn't so articulate on these matters).

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian He gets good reactions when he talks about his trillion dollar cuts.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Q: Some of us have been advocating the boycotting of main stream media sponsors, since the media is so complicit in blackouts and misinformation (crony). However, more than just a boycott, I was wondering if anyone had thought to put together a web site of businesses and media sponsors that DO allow the message to come through unaltered? So that our buying power (and capitalism) is recognized, and second, so those of us who would like to purchase from business supporters/sponsors (such as Linda Bean) have a place to visit directory wise.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Wow. I have thought about this too. Does soemeone know of a list?

Q: Mr. Wead, I have been a Dr. Paul supporter since '07 and have been actively spreading his message of sound monetary policy, non-interventionalism and small gov't to all that will turn an ear. My question to you sir, my wife is an undecided voter who agrees with many of Dr. Pauls stances, yet, as an employee of the State of Michigan, she is fearful that the many cuts Dr. Paul plans to put to the Federal gov't may trickle down and effect her job. How can I address this issue?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian If the economy becomes free market again, we will all make more money.

bluesc
01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
I wish people would read questions that have already been asked.

"Foreign policy! Electability! Foreign policy! Electability!"

Doug Wead is already aware. Someone else in the campaign, most likely Dr. Paul himself, has no interest in anything like that, apparently.

harikaried
Q: I do have a question, but mines more of a suggestion. Ron Paul's arguably biggest hurdle to gaining new voters/ support is his stance on foreign policy, namely how he would handle the newest "boogie man" Iran's nuclear program. The reason people are so scared about this is due to a lie created by the media that Ahmadinejad said "Israel must be wiped off the map". This lie originated from a story that was mistranslated and Ahmadinejad has since said it was a mistranslation. That he never said that. Is there a reason the campaign isn't trying to go viral with this little known truth?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Ahmadinejad_and_Israel#.22Wiped_off_the_ma p.22_controversy

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I don't know. I will check out your video and see. Thanks.

harikaried
Q: Hey Doug, just voted for Dr. Paul here in Florida. The main issues I hear people talking about over, and over, and over again are that Ron isn't electable. Many of them have also bought into the lie about his foreign policy making us less safe. The campaign has GOT to address those two misconceptions going forward to win this thing!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian verry good points.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:39 PM
Q: What if Ron Paul had a commercial that compared his foreign policy to the foreign policy of the Founding Fathers? Then sum up his war policy as follows "The Ron Paul doctrine" 1) Declare the war 2) Win the war 3) Come home.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Hmmm. Good idea.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Q: Doug, all of the warmongers reference the vague 13pg IAEA Report when discussing Iran's nuclear ambitions. How come you, the Campaign, or Dr. Paul don't counter or bring attention to this April 2010 Pentagon Report?

http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php/2011/12/19/pentagon-says-iran-concerned-primarily-with-deterring-an-attack-344/

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian well, i have seen that and tried to get it in. you don't have much time on tv and when you even get close to foreign policy they go to break.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Q: Sometimes I wonder why Ron Paul is not more aggressive in attempting to contrast himself with the other candidates. I thought he did a great job in the recent debates in calling out Newt on the issues Newt uses as a positive. But usually, it seems like Ron takes a lot of speaking opportunities to just repeat the same message, rather than "toot his own horn" in a sense. Is this intentional, or just part of his nature that he does not promote himself?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, he is a humble man.

Q: I think RP needs to speak in soundbytes, and not give a history lesson on stage. Does he have a speech coach helping prep him? If not, is he open to getting one...ASAP?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian hmmm. not really. he is an honest man who reads and listens a lot but decides for himself.

The Gold Standard
01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian well, i have seen that and tried to get it in. you don't have much time on tv and when you even get close to foreign policy they go to break.

LOL. Can't have the sheep waking up now can we.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:44 PM
Q: I also wanted to note that a Google+ Hangout with Ron Paul would be a cool way of connecting him to the American people. I watched the one that Obama did and it was a puff piece..would love to see voters who haven't made up their mind post questions, let people vote them up or down, and have RP answer the top voted questions thoroughly.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian very good idea.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:45 PM
Q: Basically what these neo-cons, RINO's, Big government types are saying is.. Wars and perpectual fear is MORE important than domestic endeavors and the value of our dollar.

It is apparent that no other candidate can touch Ron in terms of economic knowledge, civil liberties, cutting spending... YET all that doesn't matter - as long as the war machine moves on.

I think we can move this angle to the forefront.

I think Ron Paul could make a compelling case in ALL of his interviews and debates if he would just say .. "I hear from the establishment GOP and the status quo media machine that they LOVE my economic positions. My positions on civil liberties and how I understand what caused the collapse of the dollar and how to fix it. None of these others can touch me in this regard, YET they have an issue with my foreign policy, so now I am marginalized by them. So one has to ask, is War and A foreign policy of aggression so valuable to you that it trumps our Economy, our civil liberties, our national security threat of our outrageous debt? Because all of these other candidates all agree that war is good yet they are terrible on everything else. So, is that our legacy as republicans? War? ..."

you get my drift.

I think if Ron Paul could draw a correlation to ALL of the candidates AND Obama to a lack of cutting spending, civil liberties and the debt - and just make the offhand comment that "our political system is hijacked by the special interests... and these candidates are proof of it."

AND MAKE SURE WHEN THEY SAY "Your foreign policy is to the left of Obama.." He corrects them And calls them out in trying to manipulate the narrative.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian It is frustrating

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:47 PM
Q: Can Ron Paul call an economic gold summit? Invite world leaders to come talk and discuss the economic future of Keynesian economics and how to transition into Austrian economics?? Ron Paul supporters will pack the convention and show the world that we understand what is going on and we demand an honest monetary system!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Wow, this is good.

harikaried
Q: Thanks for doing this Doug! Not sure if this question is addressed yet. The beautiful thing about this election is the Libertarian movement is gaining alot of steam within the GOP. What current politicians, besides Rand Paul, do you see as younger versions of Dr. Paul that can use his momentum for future elections?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Rand Paul, Rand Paul and Rand Paul.

harikaried
Q: It just occured to me that the Republican party IS the party of high taxes... for our children. All of them advocate cutting taxes, but none cutting spending, which would raise the deficit and the debt immediately. One day all the obligantions will mean higher taxes. And they always seem to want to pass on all the budget problems with social security onto the younger folks as well (raising the age of retirement, means testing, ect...).

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Sad. huh?

Q: Doug, Any plans to have Jesse Ventura help out and campaign with Ron in Minnesota?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Not sure. I will ask the famous Matt Collins.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Q: More than any other issue, the campaign is getting really hurt by the misrepresentation of Dr. Paul's views regarding foreign policy and this is getting used for every interest that, for one reason or another, don't want Ron Paul to be the next president. If I may make a suggestion, I would offer a opinion that the campaign should advertise Ron Paul's commitment to defending America against any threat, since so many times Ron Paul's position gets represented as the "libertarian live and let live" and that Dr. Paul should know better than that and acknowledge there IS bad people in the world. Since the chosen target now is Iran, maybe an ad with Dr. Paul saying something along the lines "the right way to deal with the treat of a nuclear Iran is by intelligence gathering, spying, small elite teams and diplomacy, which I strongly defend. Trillion dollar land invasions should be our last option. I would NEVER put America in harm's way but I will make sure that we act in our defense in the smartest way possible with the less American loss of life possible in the process". Maybe Dr. Paul, if it is of his opinion as it is mine, could in a debate even stress the need for the research for the betterment of current far from perfect American anti-missile shield.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian That is the great lesson coming through today.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Q: Mr. Wead, when discussing electibility, will you advise that RCP takes the average of several polls and clearly shows that Dr. Paul outperforms Gingrich/Santorum against Obama?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400072_362814037079952_341040165924006_1362949_585 717785_n.jpg

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I know. Some are saying today that we need an ad that deals with this.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Q: Is there a campaign strategy for getting more delegates at a brokered convention, should it happen? I'm not sure very many people understand the process even in the party.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes.

Q: Just for fun! http://imgur.com/2Y2wm

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Sad

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:49 PM
Q: Mr Wead, While in Nevada this week , Maybe Ron Paul could touch on "Animal Cruelty issues" We have had horrible Wild Mustang round ups. Free wild Horses are killed for money. Maybe talk about harsher punishment for abusers. Example; That dog 'Patrick' that was thrown down a laundry shute in NY. Thanks

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I haven't heard a lot about this. I will get it to him. Thanks.

Q: What is the best way of getting across Pauls foreign policy views to "Christians" who are hung up over Israel?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Well, I will ask Cori to put up a link of our interview with dr. paul on Israel. Most respond favorably and sart down the trail of research it prompts.

DerailingDaTrain
01-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Q: More than any other issue, the campaign is getting really hurt by the misrepresentation of Dr. Paul's views regarding foreign policy and this is getting used for every interest that, for one reason or another, don't want Ron Paul to be the next president. If I may make a suggestion, I would offer a opinion that the campaign should advertise Ron Paul's commitment to defending America against any threat, since so many times Ron Paul's position gets represented as the "libertarian live and let live" and that Dr. Paul should know better than that and acknowledge there IS bad people in the world. Since the chosen target now is Iran, maybe an ad with Dr. Paul saying something along the lines "the right way to deal with the treat of a nuclear Iran is by intelligence gathering, spying, small elite teams and diplomacy, which I strongly defend. Trillion dollar land invasions should be our last option. I would NEVER put America in harm's way but I will make sure that we act in our defense in the smartest way possible with the less American loss of life possible in the process". Maybe Dr. Paul, if it is of his opinion as it is mine, could in a debate even stress the need for the research for the betterment of current far from perfect American anti-missile shield.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian That is the great lesson coming through today.

Spying and intelligence gathering? Small "elite" teams? Sounds like foreign intervention to me. Does Ron strongly defend those things?

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Q: I'd like to see the campaign drive the message home that Ron Paul is the only candidate with a plan to protect seniors. None of the other candidates are serious about cutting spending, and the resulting inflation is going to lower the standard of living of seniors, and put both Medicare and Social Security in jeopardy. While disagreeing with the institution of those plans, Ron Paul is the only one with a plan to rescue them and fully fund them until a transition can be worked out. The other candidates will ignore them until they collapse.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian as a senior I agree. very good

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:58 PM
Q: Doug, seems to me that Virginia is going to be decisive contest against Romney (since no one else is on the ballot). There is no clear advantage for Romney or Paul since Huckabee and McCain were the big winners in '08 and they both got around 5% each. Winning VA would be a huge upset and could destroy the unelectable meme for Paul. Should Ron lose, it could be over in the eyes of the intelligentsia. Any thoughts on this?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Virginia is huge. You are very astute.

harikaried
Q: Hi Mr. Wead...I wanted to state what people I know are saying about Mr.Paul... They say they could vote for him if... He would address the people as saying I want to be your president becuse etc.etc... What Im saying is...in one of his debates which I watched he stated he doesnt want to be our leader to tell us what to do etc. etc. Which I get, but they dont like that he says that... They want a Leader...someone that will take the reigns and lead and want to be our president.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, people want leadership. maybe he could say, I will lead the way back from a tyranical dominating government.

harikaried
Q: Doug- Can you please have whoever runs Dr. Paul's page update his Facebook status at least twice a day. The other candidates do it at least once a day and some times 3-4 times a day. Dr. Paul has a huge following on Facebook and I think it would help greatly to stay in front of those supporters. thank you for your time. You're doing a great job!

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian thanks, I will pass this on.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 12:59 PM
Q: Mr. Wead, Can you and the Campaign emphasize how the other Candidates are tied into the Military Industrial Complex?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-22/advisers-to-republican-candidates-paid-40-billion-in-security-contracts.html

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Oh, this is very, very good. or sad. I will get this to jesse asap.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Q: I know a lot of media and political figures have their careers to protect, but has the campaign offered or had a chance to sit down with someone like Palin privately and explain to her the research of Pape and Scheuer? Hopefully addressing the one concern she seems to have with Dr. Paul. He needs to mention those two by name when he speaks on foreign policy. Ad targeting 2nd Amendment? He received an A+ rating from GOA.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian good point. I doubt if it has been done.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:00 PM
Q: Hello Doug, thanks for your work with Ron Paul. I am looking for info on the delegates. I remember seeing a clip of you saying that Gingrich and Santorum aren't on the ballots and therefore cant get enough delegates to win the ticket. Do you know if that's still the case and do you know how it breaks down? I'd like to share this info with some friends and relatives who have taken an interest to Gingrich. Ive scoured the internet for information and I can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian well they are now on the ballott in mos places but still not in virginia and not full slates in numberous other states.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Q: Well, Mr. Wead, I won't talk about the need for foreign policy emphasis, because I see you've gotten gazillions of those requests, haha. But I do think Paul needs to emphasize his electability a little more. That's another thing people are hung up over.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, that is the persistant message today.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Q: Hi Doug, here are some powerful points I think Dr. Paul could make. From 1776 to 1900 the USA went from 13 small colonies to an economy twice the size of any other country. We did this under a small government model. By 1900 state, local, and federal government made up a paltry 5% of the gdp. Now they make up over 40% of gdp. Big government is clearly not what made the United States the most prosperous country in the world.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Good point

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Q: Did you give an introductory speech at the Iowa Straw Poll rally? I though I saw it at the time but haven't seen it since. I thought it was amazing.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, I was therre.

Q: Could you go into greater detail about your comment that Ron Paul and Mitt Romney will split 564 Delegates ? What states and what delegates? I need specifics.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Well, they are on almost all of them now. But still not virginia, and also not a full slate for illinois, missouri, tenn, etc.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:02 PM
Q: My last comment: I think the campaign in general needs to get out of "philosophy mode" and into "practical mode." Stop talking about the fundamentals so much and start talking about the practical steps Paul would take to make the country safer, more prosperous, and more free. It's time to show the people what positives are going to be accomplished and stop complaining about the current negatives.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian all very good.

HOLLYWOOD
01-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Woot... Doug is going to use by ideas/statements on media interviews today! "...BANG! BANG! I am the warrior"

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:04 PM
Q: My suggestion for RP is he needs to turn down his intelligence to match his audience. He goes off about mal-investment and liquidating debt and low interest rates.... and the sheeple have no idea what he's talking about. He needs to explain it to the crowd like he was talking to children. For example:

"Imagine going to a diner to enjoy a hearty bowl of stew. It's so hearty that you only need one bowl and it only costs one dollar. Then one day the owner of the diner decides he needs more money for a project and he knows that raising the price of the stew would hurt business so instead he adds water to the pot. Now he has twice the amount of stew but its only half the heartiness. Is this fair to the customer who buys a bowl of stew for a dollar and now is only half full, requiring him to have to now eat two bowls of stew and pay an extra dollar? No, this is dishonest and a form of theft. Well this is what the Federal Reserve does every time they print more money, they water down our stew. And I'm the ONLY candidate up here who has been speaking out against this theft for my entire career. Do you really want to elect a president who allows the Fed to steal the very stew that you worked hard to earn and need to feed your family with? You cant water down or inflate gold backed money, but these crooks can sure run the printing presses all night."

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes, you are right.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Q: Doug, why don't you let Ron address the MEDIA BIAS during public debates? I think it's crucial that he brings this to the surface. People really will support him for that and the media will have to take care to stop ignoring him.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I too have encouraged him to do that. what can i say? he is a humble, honest gentleman.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Q: Doug... can we get Dr. Paul to say how much the national debt is "per person" in the debates? i think its in the 125,000 dollar range.... if people saw what they would have to pay per person it makes a big impact.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian good idea. that brings it home.

Q: Remember when Bill Kristol wanted to debate Ron on foreign policy? Any thought of having a surrogate like Mike Scheuer take on Neoconservative Bill?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian aha. i will ask. i like it.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Q: In that last debate Dr Paul had a question from a lady who lost her job. He could have done better by adding specific solutions that he would do as President instead of giving a history of how the business cycle works. Also with the Maine town halls how come Dr Paul didn't answer questions? I think he does real well in the townhalls answering the questions but not so much in the debates.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian not sure what was happening. most likely scheudling problems.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Q: Mr. Wead, the Campaign and PAC's launch ads targeted at exposing the other Candidates ("Serial Hypocrisy" targeted Newt, for example).

What are your thoughts on the Campaign or PAC's buying airtime in strategic local markets to also target an Adversary BIGGER than the GOP or other Candidates?

The Corporate Media

The ads could should biased polls, BlackOuts, how the Corporate Media downplays, lies, or marginalizes Dr. Paul, etc., which might help "wake people up'

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian oh, i would love that.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian but maybe not wise.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Q: At this point in time, after watching the florida debate, I think that Paul is severely limiting his chances by his own doing.
When asked the question - 'would you run third party?', Paul had ample time to prepare for that one, and he still fails to give a decent
answer that can propel him forward. He gets asked this question all the time, and the answer should have been something
in the likes of 'Why do you keep asking me? Why don't you ask romney or gingrich or santorum? I've come in second in NH, and
was within a small % of getting first place in Iowa. You have not given me any media attention, and treat me like I am nonexistent.
Are you afraid of restoring america to …. ' etc..

The MSM is very predictable, and Ron can have plenty of scripted answers to their bias. We try to do everything we can to give
Paul the chance to score, but he needs to make the final move. He also needs to work on speaking slow, and many other things.

It would be nice to get a reply on what is being done or will be done to address this.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian He should hit it out of the park.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Q: What can you do to help Dr. Paul make his answers in debate short and sweet? I really don't think the sheep who aren't informed enough can fully understand what he's talking about especially on foreign policies.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I agree.

Q: I thought Dr. Paul did great on the last debate with his humor. I would however like to see him really go after the other candidates a little harder and emphasize that everything he has predicted has come true. 9-11, Housing market crash etc. He needs to speak directly to the voters and explain that its more of the same with the other three and that if people truly want the country saved they had better vote for him.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yep, he was funny.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Q: Doug, the biggest issue Ron Paul faces right now with the general public is their perception of his foreign policy. Instead of going on about how we shouldn't intervene in other countries, however right Dr. Paul may be about that, I think the approach should be a little different to answering the question of "Would you allow Iran to get a nuke?"... Dr. Paul should come out saying "I would not hesitate to blow Iran off the map... (wait for applause) ... As long as congress brought me the declaration of war to do so.". That stays in line with his policies, but also prevents him from being seen as weak in the minds of the more militant and fearful conservatives.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Yes.

harikaried
01-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian

Thanks everybody.... I will be in Michigan - ann arbor tomorrow. speaking for dr. paul.

Thanks everybody.... Let's do this again when you all get some time. Go Ron Paul.

Tyler_Durden
01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Q: Mr. Wead, the Campaign and PAC's launch ads targeted at exposing the other Candidates ("Serial Hypocrisy" targeted Newt, for example).

What are your thoughts on the Campaign or PAC's buying airtime in strategic local markets to also target an Adversary BIGGER than the GOP or other Candidates?

The Corporate Media

The ads could should biased polls, BlackOuts, how the Corporate Media downplays, lies, or marginalizes Dr. Paul, etc., which might help "wake people up'

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian oh, i would love that.

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian but maybe not wise.

Q: Mr. Wead, Can you and the Campaign emphasize how the other Candidates are tied into the Military Industrial Complex?

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-22/advisers-to-republican-candidates-paid-40-billion-in-security-contracts.html

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Oh, this is very, very good. or sad. I will get this to jesse asap.

Q: Mr. Wead, when discussing electibility, will you advise that RCP takes the average of several polls and clearly shows that Dr. Paul outperforms Gingrich/Santorum against Obama?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s720x720/400072_362814037079952_341040165924006_1362949_585 717785_n.jpg

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian I know. Some are saying today that we need an ad that deals with this.

Q: Doug, all of the warmongers reference the vague 13pg IAEA Report when discussing Iran's nuclear ambitions. How come you, the Campaign, or Dr. Paul don't counter or bring attention to this April 2010 Pentagon Report?

http://milwaukeestory.com/index.php/2011/12/19/pentagon-says-iran-concerned-primarily-with-deterring-an-attack-344/

He responded to my questions :)

ohgodno
01-31-2012, 03:24 PM
Great job by Wead today - great suggestions by everyone that participated.

Something that I think was mentioned - but everyone didn't get into as much as the big problem (foreign policy) was perception of electability. Doug touched on this as well.

Dr Paul has REALLY tightened up his speeches lately in terms of explaining terms and domestic policy - to a lesser extent foreign policy. The next issue to tackle is perception of electability created by the media.

Lots of posts focus on the media bias - and many have suggested Dr. Paul attack the media - maybe he should, maybe he shouldn't, but incorporating something like the following into the portion of his stump speech that deals with his message and supporters being "dangerous" could be fun-times:

…and they have said in the media that we're, you know, dangerous. But they also say other things too: they say that I can't win, they say that I'm not electable, they say that I'm too old, and, you know, they even like to say my suits are bad. But it is all because they're, you know, afraid of the change that we're trying to bring to this country. They're afraid of losing their power and influence, and giving it back to the American people. They'll say anything to discredit the message of liberty. BUT. What they don't know is that the American people are smarter than that. It's not about what we wear, or look like—its the message of liberty and freedom and the constitution that matters…

back into the his normal explanation of how they split liberty into two parts…

thoughts?

helmuth_hubener
01-31-2012, 04:07 PM
That was informative. I am perceiving that Dr. Paul is not and has at no time gotten coached prior to a debate. I really thought that he was -- he has gotten a lot better at the debates as the cycle has gone on. Apparently it is just he, himself, pulling himself up by the bootstraps and becoming better and better at the format. That's amazing! It's scarcely even believable, in fact, that he could do so well and make such improvement with no help nor professional guidance!

However, I don't understand why he wouldn't want to be "coached," have mock debates for practice, go over possible questions, etc. He could be really phenomenal if he and Doug were to start working together crafting clever answers, in my opinion. He wouldn't need to change his message, nor even his style, it would just make him soar that much higher and impressively.

Oh well; apparently this is something that it is not possible to convince him on, and thus not possible to happen. :(

We still love you anyway, Dr. Paul, and hope it will all work out. Did FANTASTIC in the last debate, by the way.

Gravik
01-31-2012, 04:39 PM
FOREIGN POLICY AD

FOREIGN POLICY AD

FOREIGN POLICY AD

And a Townhall meeting on Foreign Policy like he did for his "Plan to Restore American Now"

alucard13mmfmj
01-31-2012, 04:53 PM
Q: Thanks for doing this Doug! Not sure if this question is addressed yet. The beautiful thing about this election is the Libertarian movement is gaining alot of steam within the GOP. What current politicians, besides Rand Paul, do you see as younger versions of Dr. Paul that can use his momentum for future elections?

Doug Wead: Author, Speaker, Presidential Historian Rand Paul, Rand Paul and Rand Paul.

I hope Doug Wead will be on Rand Paul's team next time ^^;;