PDA

View Full Version : Does County Registration Matter in AZ?

fmarz1
01-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Hey all,

we were tabling at NAU today, trying to get people to register repub on the last day for AZ, but we got a question we couldnt answer.....does county matter when voting?

Many students at NAU are registered at their homes in PHX, but when it comes primary day, can they vote here in Flagstaff? <---a different county than phx.

appreciate any help

CaptainAmerica
01-30-2012, 07:28 PM
I do think it matters.It goes by district,and then precinct.I don't know the laws but this is how I thought the process worked.

tsai3904
01-30-2012, 07:30 PM
I believe they can but they will either vote on a Provisional Ballot or a New Residence Ballot and will have to confirm their current address with an ID.

You should call the Coconino County Elections office to get confirmation though. Their number is (800) 793-6181.

fmarz1
01-30-2012, 08:14 PM
The thing is in az voting address is also tied to car reg, insurance and stuff and for many students here at nau phx is their perm location, while considering college thir temp locstion...but the primary happens while college is in session....so you can see th dilema

tsai3904
01-30-2012, 08:29 PM
The thing is in az voting address is also tied to car reg, insurance and stuff and for many students here at nau phx is their perm location, while considering college thir temp locstion...but the primary happens while college is in session....so you can see th dilema

They can request an absentee ballot in the mail and have it sent to their college address.

JJ2
01-30-2012, 08:32 PM
They can request an absentee ballot in the mail and have it sent to their college address.

Yes, this is what I would suggest. I know that you have to be registered in the right county/precinct.