PDA

View Full Version : "I like George Washington except foreign policy"

Liberty1789
01-30-2012, 01:18 PM
For those who have missed it. Simply brillant blog by Jack Hunter and... George Washington!

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2012/01/29/i-like-george-washington-except-on-foreign-policy/

PauliticsPolitics
01-30-2012, 01:25 PM
yes.
nice.

JimInNY
01-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Too bad most people don't respect GW any more. We don't even celebrate his birthday...

joshnorris14
01-30-2012, 01:47 PM
I like George Washington except his foreign policy... And that time when he unleashed the army on citizens.

acptulsa
01-30-2012, 01:49 PM
Not to mention his domestic policy. He actually thought citizens would rather breathe the sweet air of liberty than be safe in their beds from Redcoat terrorists! I mean, can you imagine?!

joshnorris14
01-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Not to mention his domestic policy. He actually thought citizens would rather breathe the sweet air of liberty than be safe in their beds from Redcoat terrorists! I mean, can you imagine?!

He did more to terrorize the citizens of the US than Britain ever did.

tfurrh
01-30-2012, 01:58 PM
I like basically all of the first Century and a half of American History, except for foreign policy. American History is scary....it just scares me.

joshnorris14
01-30-2012, 02:00 PM
I like basically all of the first Century and a half of American History, except for foreign policy. American History is scary....it just scares me.

Yea, I mean the anti-Liberty laws in effect today are MUCH worse than slavery and Jim Crow.

Brian4Liberty
01-30-2012, 02:12 PM
Yea, I mean the anti-Liberty laws in effect today are MUCH worse than slavery and Jim Crow.

Yeah, because George Washington single-handedly created slavery. :rolleyes:

joshnorris14
01-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Yeah, because George Washington single-handedly created slavery. :rolleyes:

Did I say he did? No, but he did send the army to combat citizens.

tfurrh
01-30-2012, 02:19 PM

I don't think you understood the intent of my post.

joshnorris14
01-30-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't think you understood the intent of my post.

Unless you weren't trying to mock the common mindset of most "conservatives", I think I did.

Todd
01-30-2012, 02:28 PM
And.....Read up on George Washington's contribution to military tactics.

It's called Valley Forge. Where he pulled back his troops, consolidated his resources in order to remain strong against the British.

This is essentially the modern day version that Ron Paul is calling for.

MaxPower
01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I like George Washington except his foreign policy... And that time when he unleashed the army on citizens.

He did more to terrorize the citizens of the US than Britain ever did.

Did I say he did? No, but he did send the army to combat citizens.
Josh, Washington brought troops out to put down the Whiskey Rebellion (which was, afterall, a violent uprising), but they effectively just scared folks into submission, didn't kill anyone, and Washington pardoned the rebels who were taken into custody (against the wishes of Alexander Hamilton, who, to my understanding, wanted them hanged); I think you've harped on this more than enough. The vast majority of presidents would have done far worse than what Washington did.

Great Britain, on the other hand, literally occupied Boston and forcibly quartered troops in civilian residences, leading to the well-known strife and violence which broke out therein. I am going to call it absurd to suggest that President Washington "did more to terrorize the citizens of the US than Britain ever did."