PDA

View Full Version : How has Nov 11th Shaped Up?

Matt Collins
11-11-2007, 11:36 PM
How has Nov 11th shaped up? Any numbers?

Edward
11-11-2007, 11:37 PM
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com/week_over_week_flat.html has $232,557.

Akus
11-11-2007, 11:40 PM
I think most people's supplies got exhausted and we should not have expected any more money so soon after November 5th. Hopefully, by the time it's time to tea party, we will have another 4 mil.

framecut
11-11-2007, 11:40 PM
How has Nov 11th shaped up? Any numbers?

$230K+

No complaints here. Nov 11th had less buzz than the 5th and still delivered a punch.

Either way, it's not 'arrogant' to assume that we'll make the $12 million projections.

Anything above that is gravy.

Nov 5th wiped out any concerns I had over Ron Paul's fundraising. He's on a roll.

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Notice too how even after the 5th, Paul's daily take was an improvement over the slope that was there before then. I'm curious what will happen now. Will the slope resume it's path pre-5th? Go slower because people are tapped out? Continue to be steeper because Paul has found new donors? Hmmm

krott5333
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
December 16th will be a $5 million day.

just keep pushing it!

Paul4Prez
11-12-2007, 01:21 AM
We need another mini-bomb in November. How about the 30th?

Let's make it a November to remember, by wrapping it up with a big day on 11/30.

libertythor
11-12-2007, 01:25 AM
We have most of our hopes on the 16th of Dec plus the residuals on other days for making our goals. Remember that Christmas shopping is around the corner.

But I am confident of 12-16 million by New Years, the goal being the pessimistic end. :D

mrchubbs
11-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I'm hoping the 16th brings in between 6 and 7 million so we can call him the 6 million dollar man...

that... plus it's a lot of money for the campaign. :-)

son of liberty
11-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Thanks to all that gave.

RonPaulFever
11-12-2007, 02:48 AM
We need another mini-bomb in November. How about the 30th?

Let's make it a November to remember, by wrapping it up with a big day on 11/30.

NO MORE MONEY BOMBS!

Focus on Dec. 16th.

Nash
11-12-2007, 02:57 AM
I think most people's supplies got exhausted and we should not have expected any more money so soon after November 5th. Hopefully, by the time it's time to tea party, we will have another 4 mil.

I think the weekend had something to do with it too.

I'm looking at the graphs (last 14 days only) and the weekdays appear to be stronger than the weekends. Something to consider for the tea party date.

Nov 5th was a Monday.

enjoiskaterguy
11-12-2007, 03:02 AM
Lets focus on the 16th of December guys...Make videos, links to teaparty07.com....whatever. Make announcements at your meetup groups.

Oh...and add it to your "signature" on this website....kind of like mine. Advertizeing is a good thing.

Abyss19562
11-12-2007, 08:38 AM
I thought yesterday was pitiful. Sorry to be blunt but come on people, we could have done way better than that. Yall better make up for it on the 16th of December.

ronpaulhawaii
11-12-2007, 09:04 AM
NO MORE MONEY BOMBS!

Focus on Dec. 16th.

Agreed

idrake
11-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I thought yesterday was pitiful. Sorry to be blunt but come on people, we could have done way better than that. Yall better make up for it on the 16th of December.

I thought 2,000 people pledged to give 100 dollars? And then more than 200,000 dollars were raised? Sounds like it went OK.

I pledge and donated (by way of purchasing swag), but upon checking my email today, I see the Nov11 donation reminder was sent at 12:45 AM on Nov. 12th. Not sure what happened...

Elijah
11-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Hey guys,

I am flat broke but reading the posts last night made me swing the $11.11, coincidently it was around 11:11 pm MST as well.. That was literally all I had. Hopefully will have some on the 16th. It is so sad that politics has turned into this huge money game.

Elijah

Mani
11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I thought 2,000 people pledged to give 100 dollars? And then more than 200,000 dollars were raised? Sounds like it went OK.

I pledge and donated (by way of purchasing swag), but upon checking my email today, I see the Nov11 donation reminder was sent at 12:45 AM on Nov. 12th. Not sure what happened...

It was on target. Nothing wrong with that. I was one of the 2,000 as well, and I'm glad to see that those pledges count for something. It's one thing to pledge, it's another to pledge and give, and I'm glad that the pledges were REAL. That's pretty cool.

We can then predict if we have X pledges we can AT MINIMUM expect $X amount.

bjpolyamorous
11-12-2007, 10:09 AM
December 16th is going to be alot bigger than anyone is anticipating!

After 4 days of recruiting, we already have 6,600 signatures. On november 5th, we had a total of 18,000 signatures in about a month, raising 2.5 million more than was signed up for. At our current pace, we will gain 18,000 signatures in approximately 12 days. This time however, we have approximately 40 days to get signatures. If the current pace stays the same we will gather somewhere near 60,000 signatures, and if the amount over what we pledged stays proportionally higher, we could raise somewhere near $12 million dollars!

constituent
11-12-2007, 10:14 AM
$230K+

No complaints here. Nov 11th had less buzz than the 5th and still delivered a punch.

Either way, it's not 'arrogant' to assume that we'll make the $12 million projections.

Anything above that is gravy.

Nov 5th wiped out any concerns I had over Ron Paul's fundraising. He's on a roll.

no kidding, a quarter million dollars is not a laughing matter. for real.

i'd call it a huge success if i were one of those high-class "bundlers" or
whatever, good job all the way around!

Abyss19562
11-12-2007, 10:33 AM

Compared to November 5th, yesterday was pitiful.

SmartAlx
11-12-2007, 11:28 AM
November 5th was big because it fell on a weekday. That’s one reason why November 11th wasn’t so great. People are more in touch on the weekdays since they listen to the news in their cars and they get on the computer at work. They also look for distractions all day long to combat the boredom at work. On the weekends they spend too much time running errands and spending time with friends and family. Weekends are about fun and relaxation, not politics. Plus Alex Jones has his reports on during the weekday afternoons, and his audience was a biigtime contributor on November 5th.

I hate to say it, but December 16th isn’t going to break November 5th because it falls on a Sunday, just like November 11th. I hope I’m wrong, but unless the marketing campaign hits HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRDDDD… and I mean hard like you have NEVER EVER EVER seen it, December 16th is going to bomb (no pun intended) just like Veterans Day. We may see a million in donations, maybe two, but compared to expectations of 5+ million, December 16th is going to be weak.

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 11:37 AM
I disagree. It only takes 30 seconds to donate and there is so much time for people to become aware of the tea party before then. No matter how much you have going on in your life, there is room somewhere on a Sunday to make the donation.

On top of that, that the registrations require an e-mail and people will be reminded to donate.

Lower fund raising on the 11th was simply due to most people opting to have given on the 5th. Both of those dates had been well publicized. No mystery to it.

Edward
11-12-2007, 11:41 AM
November 5th was big because it fell on a weekday. That’s one reason why November 11th wasn’t so great. People are more in touch on the weekdays since they listen to the news in their cars and they get on the computer at work. They also look for distractions all day long to combat the boredom at work. On the weekends they spend too much time running errands and spending time with friends and family. Weekends are about fun and relaxation, not politics. Plus Alex Jones has his reports on during the weekday afternoons, and his audience was a biigtime contributor on November 5th.

I hate to say it, but December 16th isn’t going to break November 5th because it falls on a Sunday, just like November 11th. I hope I’m wrong, but unless the marketing campaign hits HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRDDDD… and I mean hard like you have NEVER EVER EVER seen it, December 16th is going to bomb (no pun intended) just like Veterans Day. We may see a million in donations, maybe two, but compared to expectations of 5+ million, December 16th is going to be weak.You could be right, but I'm not convinced that we need to be afraid of the weekend. I believe November 11th was started by those who weren't too keen on the November 5th "V" theme and had suggested an alternative date. Obviously, most contributors did not have a problem with the 5th, so the 11th soft of "lost out" in garnering wide spread support. In the context of the original money bomb, November 11th did much better than the 1st and 2nd bombs. It was the third best fundraising day of the campaign. In that regards, it was a success.

SmartAlx
11-12-2007, 12:19 PM
I disagree. It only takes 30 seconds to donateThank you for replying, but I disagree with you as well. It’s not about people not taking the time. It’s about people not having the opportunity and not being aware. Email only works if people are at their computers to read the email. People on the weekdays have more opportunity to donate because they are generally right there at their computer all day long, and they have tools at their disposal to remind them throughout the day to donate. Many people also spend their weekday time listening to shows like Alex Jones or podcasts of Coast to Coast. But on the weekends they are less likely to even be aware that there is a fund-raising campaign going on. And if they do know ahead of time, they are at Church, at the park with their kids, or they are shopping, or at the movies, or doing all kinds of other things keeping them away from their computers. People are too busy living to get involved with helping Ron Paul on the weekends. Unless they make it a priority, but admit it, we are talking about the masses. Most people will only go so far. They might click a few buttons on their computer to donate $20 or even $50 but on Sunday, it’s just not convenient. Even if they know about the campaign and want to contribute, they are more likely to forget. Sure some will remember, but a significant percentage that do know about it beforehand are going to forget.

It would be interesting to poll the people who donated on November 5th about when they heard about the November 5th Money Bomb. I heard about it the day before. If that happened to be a Saturday, I would not have heard about it since I’m not on a computer on Saturday, and I couldn’t have donated.

18,000 people pledged $100 before November 5th. That’s $1,800,000. The average donation was (if I remember correctly) about $20. If an additional 18,000 people knew ahead of time and gave the average, at $20 a head that’s only $360,000. But Ron Paul raised much more than that. At $20 a head, roughly 100,000 people heard about the money bomb ON the 5th and donated that day. We will be missing a large portion of that 100,000 on the 16th. My guess is we will have about HALF of the $5 million goal. We’ll get $3,000,000 at most.

I hope I’m wrong. I’m a vegetarian, but I’ll certainly be willing to eat some crow on the 17th if I am wrong.

and there is so much time for people to become aware of the tea party before then.

Indeed. But (as I mentioned) the marketing campaign has to be HUUUUUGE!!!

There is also another point similar to the reason that you are mentioning about why the 11th suffered. If many people are going to plan to donate on the 16th donations BEFORE that day are going to drop. As are donations afterwards.

Goldwater Conservative
11-12-2007, 01:20 PM
It was the third best fundraising day of the campaign. In that regards, it was a success.

And considering the second best was really just the tail end of the first, it was even better than on first glance. Also, Nov. 5th had a quarter million page views. I doubt Nov. 11th came anywhere close, unfortunately, yet it still did respectably well. Let's not become jaded by our one-day money nuke.

As for Dec. 16th, it currently has 3.83 times as many pledges as Nov. 11th, which would put it at about $1 million already. And its only been viewed by about 10% as many people as had seen Nov. 5th.

huchahucha
11-12-2007, 02:53 PM
SmartAlx said:

I hate to say it, but December 16th isn’t going to break November 5th because it falls on a Sunday, just like November 11th

I've thought about what you are saying here, and I'm not so sure Sunday is a bad thing. The bad thing for the 11th (aside from being so close behind the 5th) was that it was on a three day weekend for a lot of people. Federal holidays that cause three day weekends are bad for fundraising because there is one more day to go party and recuperate before having to go back to work. Sitting in front of the computer for any amount of time is not going to fit real well into that equation.

Nash
11-12-2007, 02:54 PM
I disagree. It only takes 30 seconds to donate and there is so much time for people to become aware of the tea party before then. No matter how much you have going on in your life, there is room somewhere on a Sunday to make the donation.

On top of that, that the registrations require an e-mail and people will be reminded to donate.

Lower fund raising on the 11th was simply due to most people opting to have given on the 5th. Both of those dates had been well publicized. No mystery to it.

The hardcores are going to donate on any day, but the casual donaters aren't going to do this. The 5th was not just people on message boards. It was people donating who didn't pledge and happened to be on Instant Messenger when I was spamming all my friends with information about donation.

I was able to secure 700 dollars in donations by simply telling people to donate on the 5th using IM and email. They were all at work and on IM and checking their email. I wouldn't have been able to easily encourage them to do so on a weekend date.

This is important point. I work for a website and part of my job is doing metrics for my company. Guess when all our traffic is? It's during business hours during the week. Weekend traffic drops off considerably for casual web users. It's something we need to be prepared for.

ColdSoul
11-12-2007, 05:27 PM
Greetings everyone!

This is my first post but I wanted to let everyone know I donated on Nov 11th and not Nov 5th because I didn't hear about it until the 6th.

Due to this I donated my 100 bucks, and then 11.11 during the "server test time".

I plan on giving at least another 100 for the 16th and I might even put a lot more if my bonus check comes in soon.

I just ordered 2000 Ron Paul Liberty Cards and I will be getting a bumper sticker for Ron Paul with it and I will be passing them out and trying to get people to donate money on the 16th.

I wish I was one of those who could donate the max 2,300 every possible time, but I am not that financially inclined.

Edward
11-12-2007, 05:34 PM
This is my first post but I wanted to let everyone know I donated on Nov 11th and not Nov 5th because I didn't hear about it until the 6th.Welcome to the show. You're a great American!

ColdSoul
11-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks!

I have had a great experience with introducing people to Ron Paul after I got introduced to him by a show called Free Talk Live.

I talked with my Grandfather who is a "Fox News" guy, and always been a big time Republican. I have a feeling I might be able to get him as well as my Mother to vote Ron Paul in the primary.

I have a feeling my local push might not do much as California rarely goes for Republicans it seems, and California is a huge state.

I thinking about buying another 2000 cards and seeing if someone would accept them in one of the first states that offers the primary (New Hampshire / Iowa) to help Ron Paul get a big push at the start.

Midnight77
11-12-2007, 06:33 PM
I honestly wasn't expecting anymore than $200,000 and at least this wasn't played up in the Media, otherwise we would have had egg on our faces.

It was unrealistic to expect the 11th to do as well as the 5th, as everyone was on board with the 5th.

It was a mistake to do the 11th. I hope that everyone who donated on the 11th will also contribute on the 16th. I think that's what everyone should have saved for.

We must beat Hillary's alleged $6.2 Million at all costs. I think we will, but I want to make it a record that other candidates will have a problem beating for years.

Edward
11-12-2007, 07:41 PM
It was a mistake to do the 11th.I believe the 11th was the third biggest fundraising day for the campaign, so I don't agree that it was a mistake. As someone else pointed out, it was actually the second biggest day if you count the 6th as spillover from the 5th.

AgentOrange
11-12-2007, 07:44 PM

Most people can't afford to contribute to a money bomb every single week. My spouse and I both gave $100.00 last week. We will probably try to swing that again on December 16th. We won't be giving anything between now and then. Money bombs only work when they are few and far between.

Edward
11-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Most people can't afford to contribute to a money bomb every single week..Welcome to the show. You're a great American!

Those who cannot afford to contribute $25 each week to the original money bomb idea (40,000 X $25 over a one hour period each week) should save their money for the 16th.

Ncturnal
11-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Hey guys,

I am flat broke but reading the posts last night made me swing the $11.11, coincidently it was around 11:11 pm MST as well.. That was literally all I had. Hopefully will have some on the 16th. It is so sad that politics has turned into this huge money game.

Elijah

That's truly awesome man. Seriously, my hat is off to you. People need to realize that no donation is too small. If 1,000,000 supporters donate even a small amount it would be bigger than Nov 5. Examples like you are what makes this revolution and this campaign so awesome. It's not special interests funding it. It's everyday Americans giving their all for a cause they truly believe in.

The donation drive on the 11th was not a flop by any stretch of the imagination. We don't need to get jaded by the success of the November 5th money bomb. The $200,000+ raised on the 11th more than paid for the 5000 person rally in Pennsylvania. There is nothing unsuccessful about that. Considering it was only a few days after the largest single day fund raising event in the history of the Republican party, I'd say the 11th did quite well.