PDA

View Full Version : What will the next "accident" be?...

xerxesdarius
11-11-2007, 11:31 PM
I am not religious, but can't help thinking that, like the American revolution, divine provenance is helping this campaign. Yes, I said it, DIVINE INTERVENTION. Consider the parade of seemingly insignificant "accidents" that have raised Ron Paul's fortunes:

1. Someone at HQ decided that it would be a good idea to create a surprisingly comprehensive data source in the original "fill the quill" and "raising to win" fundraising drives, allowing Chowda to create the brilliant ronpaulgraphs.com phenomenon. If the designer had received advice about such transparency, it would have been DON'T DO IT, yet it happened.

2. The attempts to derail the campaign have been spectacular failures. A party functionary decided to exclude Ron Paul from the first debate in Iowa, causing sufficient anger to drive a rally next door that was twice the size. Redstate[dot]com decides to exclude Ron Paul and simultaneously increases Ron Paul's name recognition, galvanize his supporters and send Redstate's rankings into a freefall.

3. The moneybomb idea was hatched, mostly out of a fun way to make a game out of ronpaulgraphs.com. The moneybomb idea was further developed using the theme of Guy Fawkes. Many of the more reasonable voices (so I thought at the time) warned against it. It will prove to be the turning point of this campaign.

We have the right message, the right man and endless dedication, etc...I get that. But there is something going on here that I cannot explain.

So, what will the next beneficial "accident" be?

jpa
11-11-2007, 11:52 PM
Dr. Paul has said this has been "miraculous" ... And I agree! Something bigger than us is at work here.

(for the record, I am not religious)

Jodi
11-12-2007, 12:03 AM
I think you are right on. And I hope and pray God's hand will remain on RP after he is elected.

Chester Copperpot
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
I am not religious, but can't help thinking that, like the American revolution, divine provenance is helping this campaign. Yes, I said it, DIVINE INTERVENTION. Consider the parade of seemingly insignificant "accidents" that have raised Ron Paul's fortunes:

1. Someone at HQ decided that it would be a good idea to create a surprisingly comprehensive data source in the original "fill the quill" and "raising to win" fundraising drives, allowing Chowda to create the brilliant ronpaulgraphs.com phenomenon. If the designer had received advice about such transparency, it would have been DON'T DO IT, yet it happened.

2. The attempts to derail the campaign have been spectacular failures. A party functionary decided to exclude Ron Paul from the first debate in Iowa, causing sufficient anger to drive a rally next door that was twice the size. Redstate[dot]com decides to exclude Ron Paul and simultaneously increases Ron Paul's name recognition, galvanize his supporters and send Redstate's rankings into a freefall.

3. The moneybomb idea was hatched, mostly out of a fun way to make a game out of ronpaulgraphs.com. The moneybomb idea was further developed using the theme of Guy Fawkes. Many of the more reasonable voices (so I thought at the time) warned against it. It will prove to be the turning point of this campaign.

We have the right message, the right man and endless dedication, etc...I get that. But there is something going on here that I cannot explain.

I agree with your belief in Divine Providence... In fact, youre the first person to type those words since Ive read it in Ben Franklin's autobiography.

The next accident will be IOWA GOP Debate... Ron Paul might be kept out of the debates.. And how ironic that it will be happening at HyVee Hall AGAIN!?!?

Im sure the IOWA GOP and FOX know that if they keep RP out it will only lead to 10 TIMES MORE MSM COVERAGE,.,. especially now. Let them do it.. let it come and instead of $10 million on the 16th we will raise $20 Million...

schmeisser
11-12-2007, 12:08 AM
4. Gold is up the dollar is down.
5. Stock market and housing prices dropping.
6. The writer's strike will begin forcing people over to "live" news.
7. Pakistan voiding the constitution.

The perfect storm is building...

Next?

Chester Copperpot
11-12-2007, 12:24 AM
4. Gold is up the dollar is down.
5. Stock market and housing prices dropping.
6. The writer's strike will begin forcing people over to "live" news.
7. Pakistan voiding the constitution.

The perfect storm is building...

Next?

I think youll be okay being your named after a machine pistol.

xerxesdarius
11-12-2007, 12:31 AM
These are great, keep them coming. I didn't think about the economy, but of course it will help Dr. Paul. Who wants to bet that the growing disconnect between the official inflation figures and what people are feeling will become a major issue soon?

I'm feelin' it.

schmeisser
11-12-2007, 12:36 AM
I think youll be okay being your named after a machine pistol.

That's why the 2nd amendment is so important to me. :D
Guiliani might send me to Gitmo under an assault weapons ban.

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 12:38 AM
It was exactly these kinds of thoughts that made me think of the "prayer bomb".

Something bigger than us is going on. Check out http://www.paulprayer.com/

A Ron Paul Rebel
11-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Divine Intervention?

That's not a bad thought... but for me, an even greater, more magnificent force is among us!

You know what that is?

Uniting creative individuals to see and handle all opportunities whether be a 'crisis', 'unexpected glitch', 'unfair media', etc...

The fact of the matter is that they WE FELL ALIVE and FREE (er) and we know what we want. And many, many people are taking actions to ensure victory.

There is nothing that will set him back. We won't allow it!

A Ron Paul Rebel

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-12-2007, 12:43 AM
don't forget the fact that Ron Paul himself had to be talked into running in the first place. at first he wasn't so sure he wanted to try it again. oh thank god he decided to run.

and thank god we have such a bad president and bad policies right now. if bush hadn't stolen both elections and completely screwed up the world, we'd be going up against President Gore or President Kerry right now, who both probably wouldn't have been as bad as W. The worse things are in this country, the better things are for Ron Paul. It's a really f*cked up way to view it, but i think it's true.

eloquensanity
11-12-2007, 12:46 AM
It was exactly these kinds of thoughts that made me think of the "prayer bomb".

Something bigger than us is going on. Check out http://www.paulprayer.com/

Exactly my thoughts.

eph. 6:12

:)

Dequeant
11-12-2007, 12:49 AM
Guiliani might send me to Gitmo under an assault weapons ban.

Hehehehe, same here. Course, it's one thing to put out a warrant for my arrest, it's another to brave the hail of gunfire to serve it!

J4ck
11-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Well i'm not too religious,* but if there is some sort of compassionate divine being, be assured he/she is on our side.

*i have quite a tendency to Ron-Paulism ;)

derdy
11-12-2007, 01:06 AM

Being an atheist I don't concur. lol

It just shows that the Internet is a great facilitator of great ideas. There's no top-down approach, we all feed off of each other and compete against one another and the best ideas stick.

As for the next 'accident' (or idea), I'm not sure, but the pendulum has definitely swung in our favor.

DealzOnWheelz
11-12-2007, 01:22 AM
There is definitly something bigger at work... maybe God delaying the coming of scripture(ie NWO) and other such end time events or what I don't know

But this is definitely a time in my life where I feel a heavenly presence

Pharoah
11-12-2007, 01:24 AM
^^ This also comes at a time when the MSM is losing its power - though they are oblivious to the fact. There's a great RP article about this at Lew Rockwell.com called "The Handwriting Is on the Screen". It documents how the Internet is bringing the reign of "The Gatekeepers" to an end. Here's a quote:

The Internet really does constitute a revolution.

This revolution is based on two factors: a new technology and unprecedented price competition. There has never been price competition like this in the field of communication. Digits that can be viewed as images – words, pictures, and videos, with audio files thrown in for good measure – are delivered instantaneously on demand (or even without it: spam) without paper, printing costs, or postage costs. The primary limit on communication today is the time cost of reading.

This technological reality is creating nightmares for Establishments in every nation. Why? Because the cost of access to voters is now limited to time and marketing creativity. It is not limited by either space or mass.

This has never happened before in recorded history. For over four centuries, the structure of Establishment rule has rested on one assumption above all others: the high cost of delivering images to large numbers of people. This assumption has become increasingly ludicrous ever since 1996.

Ron Paul Poker
11-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Some "crazy" Ron Paul Supporters sell all of their stuff on eBay to move to New Hampshire to help the campaign. Mitt accidentally issues a challenge on his website for his supporters to sell stuff on eBay and give him the money. Mitt forgot that Ron Paul Supporters already own the internet and have shown they can use it. Meet-ups become mass eBay drop-off party's. Groups find out that adds on eBay are an easy way to promote a candidate during the busy Christmas season. Soon people discover that eBay now allows embedded video and links to youtube. MSM can't resist the story and soon concludes that this how the ten million ++++ for the tea party was raised.

chrismatthews
11-12-2007, 01:30 AM
Adam Smith, who was by and large a plagiarist of people smarter than he, did coin the phrase that sums it up for me.

Man's self interest is God's providence.

Thousands of unrelated people working together in their own self interest hit synergies at a level that can never be planned and arranged.

Welcome to spontaneous market order, which is the economic basis for libertarianism.

Andrew76
11-12-2007, 01:34 AM

Well, in my estimation, nothing at all has happened by accident or divine intervention, but by the hard work and continous effort consciously delivered by all of us. It's pretty awesome to see what thousands of individuals, working together, can accomplish. This to me is nothing less than humanity at it's best. Hindsight can create the illusion that all of these things were merely fortuitous accidents, but in reality, it is the result of our thoughts, decisions and actions. I must say, we've been kicking some ass. Ron Paul '08!

Chester Copperpot
11-12-2007, 01:36 AM
don't forget the fact that Ron Paul himself had to be talked into running in the first place. at first he wasn't so sure he wanted to try it again. oh thank god he decided to run.

and thank god we have such a bad president and bad policies right now. if bush hadn't stolen both elections and completely screwed up the world, we'd be going up against President Gore or President Kerry right now, who both probably wouldn't have been as bad as W. The worse things are in this country, the better things are for Ron Paul. It's a really f*cked up way to view it, but i think it's true.

before things can get better they always have to get worse..

Energy
11-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Excellent topic.

Unexpected events that may render some other "top-tier" candidate(s) out of the running (e.g. scandals, campaign bungles).

foofighter20x
11-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Huckabee chokes on a pretzel?? :confused: :p

expatriot
11-12-2007, 03:04 AM
before things can get better they always have to get worse..

I was hoping we would not get to that particular point,
but now that you have raised it someone might as well map out all the various
things we should probably be alert to, in the faint hope we might
avoid or mitigate the things that must surely come.

If we try to pretend they won't happen then we will certainly feel
their undiminished impact when unprepared for they arrive.

No doubt Ron Paul will be missed at the Fox debate,
but will the Fox debate be missed by us? Not
In that event what will the grassroots be doing to outflank the dinosaurs?
No rioting, to be sure, but there must be something.

Maybe it would be the moment to address someone who has been waiting
for an invitation to party?
Or perhaps there is a charity we could donate time to instead of
trading insults with those who have so seriously lost their way?

Or what?

Anticipate, prepare, adapt, and then implement.
Leave the business of regret to the spectators...

parke
11-12-2007, 03:08 AM
Some "crazy" Ron Paul Supporters sell all of their stuff on eBay to move to New Hampshire to help the campaign. Mitt accidentally issues a challenge on his website for his supporters to sell stuff on eBay and give him the money. Mitt forgot that Ron Paul Supporters already own the internet and have shown they can use it. Meet-ups become mass eBay drop-off party's. Groups find out that adds on eBay are an easy way to promote a candidate during the busy Christmas season. Soon people discover that eBay now allows embedded video and links to youtube. MSM can't resist the story and soon concludes that this how the ten million ++++ for the tea party was raised.

Hot diggity.. I sold some Paul Frank stuff on ebay and donated it to campaign on Nov. 5th. If you search RP08 in ebay. The folks selling stuff for Ron pops up.

expatriot
11-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Spurious thought -

A massive One Day blood donation,:)
or a RED Cross donation on the day Fox/IowaGOP debate excludes Ron Paul.

The publicity on the other channels might be an interesting counterpoint,
and the face to face presence of Ron Paul supporters being seen
doing something positive for communities across the land
as opposed to being engaged in pointless charades on Faux....

And it wouldn't necessarily cost any real money....:D

foofighter20x
11-12-2007, 03:28 AM

No doubt Ron Paul will be missed at the Fox debate,
but will the Fox debate be missed by us? Not
In that event what will the grassroots be doing to outflank the dinosaurs?
No rioting, to be sure, but there must be something.

Maybe it would be the moment to address someone who has been waiting
for an invitation to party?
Or perhaps there is a charity we could donate time to instead of
trading insults with those who have so seriously lost their way?

Or what?

Anticipate, prepare, adapt, and then implement.
Leave the business of regret to the spectators...
Crash the debate audience?

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Spurious thought -

A massive One Day blood donation,:)
or a RED Cross donation on the day Fox/IowaGOP debate excludes Ron Paul.

The publicity on the other channels might be an interesting counterpoint,
and the face to face presence of Ron Paul supporters being seen
doing something positive for communities across the land
as opposed to being engaged in pointless charades on Faux....

And it wouldn't necessarily cost any real money....:D

i like this idea, and i think others should implement it. unfortunately for me, the epilepsy medications i'm required to take would be dangerous for any other human. i'll never know the pleasure of donating blood.

Energy
11-12-2007, 03:49 AM
I would add this to the list in the first post:

YouTube - was created in mid February 2005. It's the great equalizer to MSM. Ron Paul wouldn't have made it past the summer had it not been for YouTube. How f'n scary is that?

This thread has a great point about addressing obstacles:

"Our Success is Maneuverability"
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28132

expatriot
11-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Can't get it out of my head.

The sheer symbology of a one day blood donation by those who support the
one viable candidate who opposes the War !

It is, to me, a riveting idea - the first time in human history the population at home
lay down their blood in a symbolic act toward ending the madness
their friends and loved ones in the military are subjected to
by a regime in power and out of control at home.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but to me it is crystal clear.

Wonder if there would be anyone interested in joining in something like that?

Jobarra
11-12-2007, 04:05 AM
Agree about the writer's strike being the 'next' accident to help Ron Paul out. I think more people will get bored of the reruns and possibly either start getting involved in the elections earlier OR visit youtube for entertainment and find the vast wealth of Ron Paul videos :D

It's sad how apathetic people are. I've already spoken with several who almost seemed sluggish when I mentioned the election. Pretty much "I can't be bothered with that right now. I'll vote in the general election". Hopefully they'll wake up via internet or friends who frequent the internet.

LibertyEagle
11-12-2007, 04:41 AM
I am not religious, but can't help thinking that, like the American revolution, divine provenance is helping this campaign. Yes, I said it, DIVINE INTERVENTION.

I agree. There have been many things that could have as easily not gone our way. But, they did. One or two times, I could have chalked up to luck. But, not this many. Something else is definitely at work here and I am so very glad, because we are going to need all the help we can get.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
11-12-2007, 04:44 AM
Well i'm not too religious,* but if there is some sort of compassionate divine being, be assured he/she is on our side.

*i have quite a tendency to Ron-Paulism ;)

“Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right” - President Lincoln

True words, especially if you believe God is Truth. That's what the good Doctor speaks everyday. I'm not a "believer" in an all powerful father figure. However, i'm not a materialist either. In fact, my throwing off the shackles of religion was a giant step toward freedom and truth. I no longer have to "believe" that there is "something out there". I can feel it within myself and I can see it in others.

Absolutely never thought i'd be voting for a conservative Christian!!!! this just goes to show that Truth and Freedom transcend all labels.

please don't take offense to my comments. I absolutely admire Dr. Paul and other very religious people. My closest friend is a Southern Baptist. Everyone has a path in life. Some paths include religion, some don't. :)

westmich4paul
11-12-2007, 08:34 AM
Well you guys didn't think we put "In God We Trust" on our money for a reason now do you? The fight is only just beginning but the signs around and the smell in the the air is definately one I haven't felt in my lifetime. We are making history people don't anyone doubt that for one second. This will go down as a turning point in American History. He's catching on I tell YA!!!!!!!

rrt82
11-12-2007, 08:37 AM
I believe God is on the side of Dr. Paul. Dr. Paul has been a man of God his whole life, not just when he found out politically it's the best thing to do. He has personally seen God's greatest gift which is childbirth several thousand times in his life. Dr. Paul is a man that treats everybody equally regardless of race, religion, or background. He has respect for each human life regardless of age.

I believe God is tired of politicians who use His name only to score political points.

xerxesdarius
11-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Can't get it out of my head.

The sheer symbology of a one day blood donation by those who support the
one viable candidate who opposes the War !

It is, to me, a riveting idea - the first time in human history the population at home
lay down their blood in a symbolic act toward ending the madness
their friends and loved ones in the military are subjected to
by a regime in power and out of control at home.

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but to me it is crystal clear.

Wonder if there would be anyone interested in joining in something like that?

I REALLY like this idea. The symbolism of tens of thousands of people "giving their blood" has a deep parallel to the revolution. There is nothing that gets headlines like massive symbolic actions. Expat, you should post a new thread and see if it gets traction.

BillyDkid
11-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Ron Paul is a great and a decent man and his campaign is doing a heroic job, but the fact is, as Dr. Paul has eluded to himself, he is playing catch up with the movement and we are, to a very large extent, the campaign. As I have said before - there were millions of us out here just waiting for a candidate to give voice to everything we feel and to represent us. There has never been a campaign like this with the candidate himself being swept up by the people supporting him. It is all our individual efforts that has made this movement what it is. We are the silent majority who until now never had a voice or a say and thank god Dr. Paul came along and gave us a voice.

DenisGermany
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
Hm, just read this thread and then found this one:

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2007/11/falling-flags.html

Thats a bit spooky :D

Original_Intent
11-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Well you guys didn't think we put "In God We Trust" on our money for a reason now do you? The fight is only just beginning but the signs around and the smell in the the air is definately one I haven't felt in my lifetime. We are making history people don't anyone doubt that for one second. This will go down as a turning point in American History. He's catching on I tell YA!!!!!!!

Sorry I have play conspiracy theorist here. I theink the words "In god We Trust" are put on the money to keep people asleep. I mean the people printing the money can't be evil if they print words like that on the money, right?

I would also add that most of the presidents that they put on the money were strong opponents of a central bank. How much sense does that make? It is called cognitive dissonance. They did reserve a special place, the 100,000 dollar bill for one of their own - Woodrow Wilson. Money that most of the public would never see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_denominations_of_United_States_currency

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 09:36 AM
The Tea Party, and him winning NH.

jnpg
11-12-2007, 10:03 AM
I love this idea-
I haven't given blood in a while- might be hard to coordinate it on one day etc... but we could try. Could we just go do it and tell them why we are doing it? I think that would be helpful...
Keep thinking how to pull this off...

Give Blood for Ron Paul.
Bring our troops home!

freedom_junkie
11-12-2007, 10:06 AM
another brilliant idea, brilliant, just brilliant :)

ladyliberty
11-12-2007, 10:36 AM
I agree. There have been many things that could have as easily not gone our way. But, they did. One or two times, I could have chalked up to luck. But, not this many. Something else is definitely at work here and I am so very glad, because we are going to need all the help we can get.

Romans 8:28 King James Bible

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

BTW - I think the blood drive is a good idea - and have everyone to donate in honor of Dr. Paul! He is a physician, after all, and this time of year, unfortunately, much blood is needed due to holidays and traffic accidents.

entropy
11-12-2007, 10:48 AM
I already think we have the next big event. The Economy! The war is already our issue and now the dollar and the economy are starting to tailspin. Ron's message cuts right to the center of our economic crisis.

Tim724
11-12-2007, 11:21 AM
George Soros is secretly funding and promoting the Ron Paul movement.

KIDDING! - But that's what they say on the Hannity forum.

european
11-12-2007, 11:52 AM
to be honest, im not that religious myself but if $10,000,000+ gets raised at december 16th, i'll say AMEN to that!

:D