PDA

View Full Version : Osho quote that relates to the Ron Paul movement

Xelaetaks
01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
"There is no evil and there are no evil forces in the world. There are only people of awareness, and there are people who are fast asleep -- and sleep has no force. The whole energy is in the hands of the awakened people. And one awakened person can awaken the whole world. One lighted candle can make millions of candles lighted without losing it's light." - Osho quote

Not exactly a news piece but maybe some inspiration for anyone spreading the message. The fires of liberty can't be stopped when people are awake. :)

bbartlog
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM
I have trouble envisioning someone like say Stalin as 'fast asleep', 'having no force'. I understand the perspective that most evil comes from ignorance... but even though truly sinister people are rare, they do exist.

Xelaetaks
01-29-2012, 08:54 PM
I have trouble envisioning someone like say Stalin as 'fast asleep', 'having no force'. I understand the perspective that most evil comes from ignorance... but even though truly sinister people are rare, they do exist.

Hear that. I agree with that actually. There certainly seem to be evil people and forces in the world. I think it would also be fair to say someone like Hitler was pretty 'evil' if he had to be described.

I guess the quote saying "there is no evil" sort of discredits it but I do like the analogy about candles whether completely true or not. It certainly helps for people to be awakened to truth and aware of it, in the case of politics - only Ron Paul seems to speak the truth most the time especially compared to anyone else running for President nowdays.