PDA

View Full Version : 30 Minute Ad?

No Free Beer
01-29-2012, 08:21 PM
Back in 2008, then Senator Obama ran a 30 minute ad on television. I don't remember what network or networks it was on.

I believe it cost 5 million for the 30 minute ad/show/whatever you want to call it.

Why doesn't Ron do this? I think people would watch. They can show videos of all his predictions and explain his stance on the issues clearly, without any spin.

I do realize this is A LOT of money and it would obviously take away from going into individual states.

But,

What do you all think?

Captain Caveman
01-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Put in on in a Infomercial timeslot.

Much cheaper!

:)

GeorgiaAvenger
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Much cheaper!

:)This. Ion TV or something.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-29-2012, 08:41 PM
Back in 2008, then Senator Obama ran a 30 minute ad on television. I don't remember what network or networks it was on.

I believe it cost 5 million for the 30 minute ad/show/whatever you want to call it.

Why doesn't Ron do this? I think people would watch. They can show videos of all his predictions and explain his stance on the issues clearly, without any spin.

I do realize this is A LOT of money and it would obviously take away from going into individual states.

But,

What do you all think?

Absolutely we (the campaign) should do this. I think a moneybomb to air this would be very successful. Heck, they could release the infomercial online before it airs.

dbill27
01-29-2012, 08:51 PM
It only cost 1.5 million per channel when obama did it. It was NBC for sure and I think abc and cbs as well.

dbill27
01-29-2012, 08:52 PM

Much cheaper!

:)

No one would see it. Especially not voters, it wouldn't get any kind of buzz. The thing you have to realize about stuff like this, is that it's not just who sees the add when it airs, it's the news about it and the media buzz that gets 20 times more people to see it on youtube or clips of it on cnn etc.

bobburn
01-29-2012, 08:55 PM
They should do this. Get it on a network station or two, spend the money for a 30min slot and win over more support. Show his predictions, show how he'll protect social security and medicare, show his plan to cut a trillion dollars and balance the budget, and talk about securing our borders. That will win us MANY voters.

No Free Beer
01-29-2012, 09:06 PM
My opinion is that Ron's plan is obviously to try and win, but if not, to spread the message. I think this could potentially be huge.

No Free Beer
01-29-2012, 09:13 PM
bump

tuggy24g
01-29-2012, 09:43 PM
If I am not mistaken it was 30 mins before the Phillies Yankees world series on fox.

The other thing is you have to convince the television station or organization to air an ad for Ron Paul as we all know could care less about. That would be the biggest problem right there.