PDA

View Full Version : Really Newt? Here comes another play from RP's playbook...

kathy88
01-29-2012, 07:05 PM
Forget what the polls say, Newt Gingrich plans to get by with a little help from his friends. On This Week, the former speaker became quite the namedropper, sharing a list of conservatives who’ve decided to back his presidential campaign. He then spent considerable time defending his idea for a space colony, a proposal that’s received much criticism from the media and his opponents. “I think we can, in fact, use the private sector and modern science to have a bold program in space,” said Gingrich.

Don't know about you folks, but I don't remember the Grinch saying anything about the private sector in the debate Thursday. I did, however, notice him paying very close attention to RP when he said it, even nodding his head if memory serves.....

This, more than anything, is what angers me and gets me the most fired up. They are all doing it. The article also makes it look like the RP campaign is struggling for cash.

Really not worth reading, but here's a link.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/29/newt-gingrich-ron-paul-david-axelrod-and-more-sunday-talk.html

JoshS
01-29-2012, 07:07 PM
I'm very much for privatizing (everything) but in particular space programs. After Ron said he wanted to privatize space in the debate, Newt chimed in in agreement. He'll probably now promote it as his idea.

Lavitz
01-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Forget what the polls say, Newt Gingrich plans to get by with a little help from his friends. On This Week, the former speaker became quite the namedropper, sharing a list of conservatives who’ve decided to back his presidential campaign. He then spent considerable time defending his idea for a space colony, a proposal that’s received much criticism from the media and his opponents. “I think we can, in fact, use the private sector and modern science to have a bold program in space,” said Gingrich.

Don't know about you folks, but I don't remember the Grinch saying anything about the private sector in the debate Thursday. I did, however, notice him paying very close attention to RP when he said it, even nodding his head if memory serves.....

This, more than anything, is what angers me and gets me the most fired up. They are all doing it. The article also makes it look like the RP campaign is struggling for cash.

Really not worth reading, but here's a link.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/01/29/newt-gingrich-ron-paul-david-axelrod-and-more-sunday-talk.html

Actually, he did mention the private sector in the debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25AmkBoTCgs&t=6m40s

Starts at 6:40.

kathy88
01-29-2012, 07:12 PM
Actually, he did mention the private sector in the debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25AmkBoTCgs

Starts at 6:40.

Darn. Well makes me mad anyway. Especially how he addresses local issues in every state like he can possibly make all those voters happy.

Warmon
01-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Newt did say he favored a smaller government run NASA which would provide the mission and private sector providing the hardware and know how. He also spoke of incentives or prizes for accomplishments. Ron said the only role he saw for NASA in the future was in national defense - we are too broke to do anything else. Ron was a big proponent of the "star wars" initiative under Reagan. I work in the federal government and can tell you that R&D incentive based contracts that Newt is talking about are the some of the most expensive acquisitions the government makes - and in many cases doesn't retain rights to the intellectual property created or the actual product.

unknown
01-29-2012, 07:52 PM
This is just one example of many. Theyve all hijacked Ron Paul. Theyre all Ron Pauling. Newt is a GIANT government Liberal.

If you watch the debates from 07 08, Romney never talked about the Constitution or states rights or a smaller federal government, or about the Federal Reserve or sound money or reducing our empire overseas, any of it.

No one did.

centure7
01-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Politicians don't like to think. They'd have other people think for them. Gingrich is having Ron Paul think for him, which is fine so long as he always does that.

SonofThunder
01-29-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm very much for privatizing (everything) but in particular space programs. After Ron said he wanted to privatize space in the debate, Newt chimed in in agreement. He'll probably now promote it as his idea.

Well he is the smartest man in the room, after all...

:eek:

seapilot
01-29-2012, 08:37 PM
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
Thomas Jefferson

I do not think Gingrich has ever stood like a rock and constantly ends up going over the falls. He is all style.