PDA

View Full Version : Drudge: Thompson: Mitt campaign has 'Drudge in their back pocket'

Bruno
01-29-2012, 05:04 PM
Drudge has winks that link to archives showing positive Newt coverage and headlines.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/politico-live/2012/01/fred-thompson-attacks-romney-campaign-for-having-drudge-112714.html

Thompson said that a story in Sunday's New York Times depicts "Romney's staff ... patting themselves on the back, talking about how mean and down they are. How they've got Matt Drudge in their back pocket. And how Romney is in on all of it."

bluesc
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
Well Drudge's site right now looks designed to take Newt down before Florida votes tbh :D.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-29-2012, 05:07 PM
True enough. Also Paul friendly.

Bruno
01-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Well Drudge's site right now looks designed to take Newt down before Florida votes tbh :D.

As much anti-Newt now as pro-Cain then

wgadget
01-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Common thread between Cain and Mitt is....?

The bankers?

phill4paul
01-29-2012, 05:35 PM

R U sure?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?353563-Drudge-break-down-of-articles-w-Ron-Paul-mentions-vs.others-on-Primary-eve...&highlight=Drudge

trey4sports
01-29-2012, 05:39 PM
ohh bullshit.

i get so tired of people bashing Drudge.

Drudge is pretty damn FAIR! They give Ron his due when it's appropriate and the same goes for the others.

Mitt gets the most headlines because he is the front-runner.

AGRP
01-29-2012, 05:47 PM

If by friendly you mean Drudge paralleling the msm talking points by ignoring Paul and participating in the scripted msm circus game of "Romney vs. Newt", "Bachmann vs. Romney", "Cain vs. Romney" etc. then you would be right. Drudge sold out. Everyone should visit Lew Rockwell instead.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-29-2012, 05:57 PM
If by friendly you mean Drudge paralleling the msm talking points by ignoring Paul and participating in the scripted msm circus game of "Romney vs. Newt", "Bachmann vs. Romney", "Cain vs. Romney" etc. then you would be right. Drudge sold out. Everyone should visit Lew Rockwell instead.

He only post positive Paul articles.

I get tired of hearing people "sold out". "Selling out" is probably a rarity.

LewRockwell is not a news site

tuggy24g
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
I think Drudge is pretty fair. Ron Paul does not make news headlines that much as the others do. It is not like Drudge is tv news organization were he can make a story. Drudge is kind of like a online newspaper and what ever the hot topics are on the day he puts them up. So most of the time Ron Paul gets no mention. The only things Ron Paul gets mention on is were he is at campaigning or what he is doing, but most people could care less. They care about more important thing about a candidate like Newt bashing Reagon or Mitt yelling at Newt for false ads and telling him he should take them down. That is more news worthy in my book then Ron Paul in Maine witch I do think should at least be on the page somewhere.

Liberty74
01-29-2012, 06:30 PM
Drudge tries to be the fairest of all MSM news, I'll give Matt that. But that does not mean he is fair when it comes to political elections...

Does anyone know if it is Matt who puts up the articles or is it his staff assuming he has one?

AuH20
01-30-2012, 12:26 AM
Drudge is more anti-Gingrich as opposed to pro-Romney. Thompson is a fool.