PDA

View Full Version : Campaign EMERGENCY: Dr. Paul not on the ballot in KY?

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
01-29-2012, 02:11 PM
As of today, Sunday Jan. 29th Ron Paul is not on the ballot in the Kentucky state GOP primary. We are one of the last states to vote. His son is our Senator and KY will likely be a good place to pick up delegates. My father works for a local Lexington news station and I asked him today for an update. The following is a text from him today: Just checked. Obama, Romney, and Gingrich are the only ones who have filed as of today. Deadline is Tuesday at four pm

Please someone let me know if the campaign is planning to file on time, it would be a tragedy if he did not appear on the ballot in Kentucky.

Thanks,
Nick aka RonPaulRocksMyWorld

ItsTime
01-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah, wth is going on?

tsai3904
01-29-2012, 02:14 PM
Confirmed that only Romney and Gingrich have filed:

http://apps.sos.ky.gov/elections/candidatefilings/statewide/default.aspx?id=1

tsai3904
01-29-2012, 02:17 PM
It seems like all the campaign has to do is pay a $1,000 filing fee. If that's the case, we don't need to worry.

http://elect.ky.gov/candidate/Pages/default.aspx

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Kentucky's filing deadline is Tuesday. Republicans Ron Paul and Rick Santorum are expected to meet that deadline.

http://www.bgdailynews.com/news/state/romney-gingrich-have-filed-to-run-in-ky-primary/article_cf5ff6c1-1dce-5290-83b6-73bd32d2bbf5.html

BamaFanNKy
01-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Hell, Thomas Massie Liberty candidate from the 4th US Congressional and Chris Hightower from the 16th State House District haven't filed. All are expected to by Tuesday.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
01-29-2012, 02:20 PM
I glad it's easy to do. I would like confirmation that the Campaign is doing it though...

MelissaWV
01-29-2012, 02:22 PM
I glad it's easy to do. I would like confirmation that the Campaign is doing it though...

Um, the campaign usually does not check with Ron Paul Forums every time it's going to take a step like this. I'm pretty sure a professional campaign is aware of the filing deadlines, and seeing as this does not require a massive signature/petition drive, or other strange requirements, I'm guessing Rand or someone will just drop off the money on their way to someplace tomorrow lol

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
01-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Um, the campaign usually does not check with Ron Paul Forums every time it's going to take a step like this. I'm pretty sure a professional campaign is aware of the filing deadlines, and seeing as this does not require a massive signature/petition drive, or other strange requirements, I'm guessing Rand or someone will just drop off the money on their way to someplace tomorrow lol

While I have a great deal more faith in the campaign this time around, it does seem silly to bring it down to the wire...why risk it?

MelissaWV
01-29-2012, 02:28 PM
While I have a great deal more faith in the campaign this time around, it does seem silly to bring it down to the wire...why risk it?

It's a couple of days away. You pay and you get a receipt.

Meanwhile, in other states, you have the delegate election process, petitions that need signatures, lawsuits that need tending to, Ron having to appear everywhere at once... so this that could wait, did. I don't think it's that fishy.

RonPaulRocksMyWorld
01-29-2012, 02:32 PM
It's a couple of days away. You pay and you get a receipt.

Meanwhile, in other states, you have the delegate election process, petitions that need signatures, lawsuits that need tending to, Ron having to appear everywhere at once... so this that could wait, did. I don't think it's that fishy.

I don't think it's "fishy" I just want to make sure I can vote, and since this is quickly going to become all about delegates and the fact that Grinch and Santy already didn't qualify for 500 delegates worth of state ballots. I don't want the Paul campaign to miss even one.

civusamericanus
01-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Of course it's a news story when Romney and Gingrich are on the ballot, and Paul isn't, but not a peep from most of the media on Gingrich ballot access issues. hxtp://www.wtvq.com/content/localnews/story/Gingrich-Files-In-Kentucky-Romney-Also-On-Ballot/-7uVq6E9DUijbSgia06iaA.cspx

I see no reason why the campaign would not get on the ballot, this was aired in Lexington, KY, I'm sure the official campaign has received a flood of emails on this issue.

Darin
01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
I came here to ask the same thing. The fact that he's not on the ballot has gotten enough attention that a guy I work with (who isn't following the primaries) came in and said something about it to me yesterday.

I don't understand why they haven't filed. It's unnecessary, and when it comes down to the wire like this, it really gives the impression that you aren't interested. Rand Paul is the Senator, and I think they would have a good chance of picking up quite a few delegates.

- Darin

thomas-in-ky
01-30-2012, 06:08 AM
Hell, Thomas Massie Liberty candidate from the 4th US Congressional and Chris Hightower from the 16th State House District haven't filed. All are expected to by Tuesday.

:toady:

Darin
01-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Just an update:

AP - Paul files candidacy papers for Ky. primary (http://www.kfvs12.com/story/16635691/paul-files-candidacy-papers-for-ky-primary)

Presidential hopeful Ron Paul has become the third Republican to officially enter Kentucky's May 22 primary election.

The Paul campaign made it official on Monday, one day before the filing deadline.

Cutting it close.

- Darin

MelissaWV
01-30-2012, 07:32 PM
It's paying a clerk and getting a receipt. Seriously, people on these forums pick the darnedest things to work themselves up over :(

OMG the campaign might totally forget to pay for something one day before it's even due!!!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?356958-Ron-Paul-Officially-Files-Papers-to-Obtain-Ballot-Access-for-May-22nd-Kentucky-GOP-Primary