PDA

View Full Version : The "secret" behind Ron Paul's success...

liberty=responsibility
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
Talking points, if you need more convincing.

1. Ron Paul is running his campaign the way he would run the country should he be elected president:

He leaves it up to YOU.

Ron Paul presidential campaign is an EXEMPLARY CASE that VINDICATES his position that LIBERTY and FREE-MARKET ECONOMY is the most effective and efficient means of producing maximum value:

5th of November cost to the campaign: credit card transaction fees (<$40,000?)

5th of November total: $4.2 million dollars

"One of the things that [Ron Paul] campaign has been doing well is that they haven't tried in any way to co-opt all of this activity and force it onto Ron Paul's own Web site. They've kind of let people do their own thing," said Julie Germany of The Institute for Politics Democracy & the Internet at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C.

2. Compare Ron Paul to what other candidates are doing:

"Clinton, Obama, Edwards, McCain, Giuliani — all of the other big candidates really try to force people to take actions onto their own site and they also try to funnel all of that online activity through their own channel so that they can control it, so that they can observe what is going on, so that they can keep a handle on things," she added.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=3826332&page=4

News Article Keywords: "force people", "control", "observe", "keep a handle on things"

We don't try to control those whom we consider our equals. We don't watch those whom we trust. We keep a handle on things that we own... or think we own.

liberty=responsibility

aroberso
11-11-2007, 10:35 PM
ABSOLUTELY!

Ron Paul is running a FREE MARKET campaign!

I've been thinking this to myself for some time.

I keep finding more reasons to love this guy.

Like folks were saying yesterday, I'd take a bullet for the man. I think I really would!

NinjaPirate
11-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Exactly! I've been lurking on some other boards, and it's funny that others can't figure us out. I guess they haven't waken up, yet. :cool:

Man from La Mancha
11-11-2007, 10:44 PM
2. Compare Ron Paul to what other candidates are doing:

"Clinton, Obama, Edwards, McCain, Giuliani — all of the other big candidates really try to force people to take actions onto their own site and they also try to funnel all of that online activity through their own channel so that they can control it, so that they can observe what is going on, so that they can keep a handle on things," she added.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/Story?id=3826332&page=4

One has to control, how else can they lie and distort and having no substance or solutions.
If one is transparent and honest there is nothing to control, the truth will set you free.

constitutional
11-11-2007, 10:45 PM
For liberty, any man would let loose his chains and fight against all odds!

Primbs
11-11-2007, 10:48 PM
It is also the message.

The message motivates people to do things.

Ron Paul's track record shows that Ron Paul talks the talk but also walks the walk.

richard1984
11-11-2007, 10:53 PM
It is also the message.

The message motivates people to do things.

Ron Paul's track record shows that Ron Paul talks the talk but also walks the walk.

That's exactly what I was about to say. :D

It's a huge point.

ConstitutionGal
11-11-2007, 10:56 PM
Like folks were saying yesterday, I'd take a bullet for the man. I think I really would!

I made a similiar statement on YouTube several months ago and, even there, people thought I was nuts!! I have three children and, if it would mean a Ron Paul presidency for the future of my children, I'd not only step in front of the bullet, I'd lay down on top of a hand grenade to keep him safe. -- coming from someone who's known Tom Tancredo for years and was planning to campaign for him, this is saying more than many of you can possibly know.

xerxesdarius
11-11-2007, 11:00 PM
The thing that drove it home for me was a quote from another Ron Paul supporter, responding to a reporter:

Reporter: What if Ron Paul does not win the Republican party nomination?

Ron Paul supporter: I will write his name in, we need this man.

People are tired of the lesser evils they are fed, and so am I.

constitutional
11-11-2007, 11:02 PM
I made a similiar statement on YouTube several months ago and, even there, people thought I was nuts!! I have three children and, if it would mean a Ron Paul presidency for the future of my children, I'd not only step in front of the bullet, I'd lay down on top of a hand grenade to keep him safe. -- coming from someone who's known Tom Tancredo for years and was planning to campaign for him, this is saying more than many of you can possibly know.

I'm not a U.S. citizen (green card holder), and I thought I was nut when I donate and spend half of my day on Ron Paul. Hats off to you, I can feel your passion!

ConstitutionGal
11-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I'm not a U.S. citizen (green card holder), and I thought I was nut when I donate and spend half of my day on Ron Paul. Hats off to you, I can feel your passion!

Welcome!! Are you planning to become a citizen? If so, you couldn't do more to ensure the future prosperity and peace of this Nation than by supporting Dr. Paul.

Dr. Paul is the ONLY candidate that I can ever remember that would have inspired me (and millions of others) to get as involved as we are. As much as Dr. Paul says "it's the message", I would have to say that it's also the man himself. His entire demeanor, his integrity and his track-record all make up the myriad parts of the Revolution!