PDA

View Full Version : The scariest candidate? Not who I thought it would be.

Sematary
01-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I never would have put Mitt Romney in the "scary" department. He may (if he could actually beat Obama) continue more of the same but I don't put him in the scary department. A week ago I probably would have said Newt Gingrich, but that no longer holds true. I mean, you know, he is scary but to my surprise, not the most scary. It actually turns out to be Rick Santorum. After watching the last two debates that man scares the living bejeesus out of me. I never saw someone so paranoid running for president (well, SERIOUSLY running for president) as this guy. After hearing him drone on about Cuba and Venezuela, etc... and their ties to Iran and him making it seem like there is a Muslim terrorist under every rock on the planet, just waiting to bomb the shit out of us or something - he wins the honors.

We all know that Newt can't beat Obama. And I'd say we're all just as certain that Santorum can't but if it actually came to pass - I would have to leave the freaking country. He and Congress would lock this country down so tight he'd make Stalin jealous. And even then, I don't know if there would be a safe place on the globe outside of the Antarctic.

I took an oath to vote for only Ron Paul but if Santorum one the nomination (by some slip in the multiverse or something) I would HAVE to vote for Obama just to ensure 100% that this nutjob never gets the office.

gerryb
01-29-2012, 12:54 PM
It's debatable if he is worse than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAL7rpUZCb4&list=FLIJ1yXFwcmucqa8elee9-NQ&index=13&feature=plpp_video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAL7rpUZCb4&list=FLIJ1yXFwcmucqa8elee9-NQ&index=13&feature=plpp_video

wgadget
01-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Santorum and Swingrich are BOTH hypocrites which makes them the Ultimate in Scary. I'm gonna call it a tie.

seapilot
01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Imagine a Gingrich/Santorum ticket. Yikes! I do not think Romney would put either of those guys on his ticket, they may win votes in a republican primary but in a general they both would be destroyed. They repel independents as well as they attract fear worshipers.

ILUVRP
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
i could never vote for either Gingrich or Santorum , we would be in unneeded wars for ever . these guys love their party and neocon ideas much more than america.

jolynna
01-29-2012, 01:31 PM
The scariest candidate is the one supported by Wall Street. Money is what makes the world run.

Wall Street bought Obama, who went from an anti-war stance, to committing war crimes on par with George W. Bush...the one who gave us the patriot act.

Harvard-educated and gentle peacenik Obama, made Bush look like a member of the UCLA when he followed the Patriot Act with the much more dangerous NDAA and ACTA. He put Bush to shame in his zeal and skill at killing Muslims. (If Bush had signed NDAA or killed as many Muslims in as many places, the progressives would have been up in arms. Especially the liberal media...NO...killing people who happen to live where the oil is, happens "FOR OUR OWN GOOD"...is perfectly fine with the "toppest prog of the top progs.." Every last one of them, that at ONE TIME KNEW BETTER, should be hanging their heads in shame!)

Romney is the ONLY candidate to flat-out say he supports NDAA and he EVEN thinks Obama is TOO timid with the killing. He plans to add 100,000 active duty military, he plans to add more ships, he says he will build more planes. For WHAT? We have a larger military than all of the rest of the world COMBINED.

Why do ya'll think the media (owned lock stock and barrel by the guys who bought Obama and NOW Romney) are going foaming-mouth-mad every time ANY candidate other than their boy, Romney, comes out on the top of a poll?

Who cares how meed Romney looks. Obama and his cute family look harmless too.

Ask the soldiers who bury the dead because of the senseless wars how harmless Obama is. Ask the brown-skinned people whose mothers, wives, chidren, husbands, fathers and grandfathers became "collateral damage" due to a bomb that missed or a drone, how harmless our well-spoken, well-educated presidents is?

Don't let the looks and rhetoric fool you people. Follow the money. That is where the GREATEST threat to our FREEDOM lies.

Romney: "Obama has done a LOT of things wrong, BUT I don't think he is going to ABUSE this power. And when I am president I WON'T ABUSE this power."

Then WHY have such a law exist? WHY would ANY law which gives Obama OR any OTHER PRESIDENT authority to ABUSE exist? EVER? EVER? Unless you intend to abuse.

When somebody says, "Trust me. DON'T."

He ISN'T EVEN HIDING HIS INTENT. ZeroHedge said this first and it is SOOOOO worth repeating, America deserves whichever president it gets.

If superficial looks and a nicey-nice way of talking make the most blood thirsty look palatable to you...I just don't know what to say. Again, Follow the money.

Carole
01-29-2012, 01:33 PM
Santorum and Swingrich are BOTH hypocrites which makes them the Ultimate in Scary. I'm gonna call it a tie.

This^

J. Evins
01-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Santorum considers Freedom to be "radical individualism" ... that frightens me.

Carole
01-29-2012, 01:36 PM
Okay, I agree with you. :D

They are all three scary, Obama, too. :(

wgadget
01-29-2012, 01:39 PM
Screw em all, vote for Paul.

That is all.

Jingles
01-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Romney doesn't scare me because his presidency would be the same as Obama's. I DON'T want another Obama term, but I know what it is like at least.

Gingrich is on a completely different level of scary. He is smart evil. If he won we would know what it is like to have a super villian as president and it wouldn't be pretty.

Santorum scares me, but not as much because his says way too many idiotic things to ever get enough support to enter the white house. He is more like stupid evil, although his presidency might be scarier than a gingrich presidency. We might have a theocracy under him and I'd end up hanging out with you guys in some re-education camp. He is basically an admitted fascist. But unlike Gingrich and Romney supporting fascist policies to help special interests and their own personal lust for power, Santorum seems to be more of a true believer when it comes to fascism.

I generally long considered Santorum to be the scariest in the sense of if he was actually president. As a Pennsylvanian I just figured people wouldn't fall for his idiocy and long considered him to have absolutely no shot of doing well considering his insane views. I guess I was wrong. Those poor, poor souls that are supporting him...

The Gold Standard
01-29-2012, 01:56 PM
And I'd say we're all just as certain that Santorum can't but if it actually came to pass - I would have to leave the freaking country.

If you left the country chances are you would get hit by one his freedom bombs.

Feelgood
01-29-2012, 01:59 PM
NOBP

jolynna
01-29-2012, 02:15 PM
Romney doesn't scare me because his presidency would be the same as Obama's. I DON'T want another Obama term, but I know what it is like at least.

Gingrich is on a completely different level of scary. He is smart evil. If he won we would know what it is like to have a super villian as president and it wouldn't be pretty.

Santorum scares me, but not as much because his says way too many idiotic things to ever get enough support to enter the white house. He is more like stupid evil, although his presidency might be scarier than a gingrich presidency. We might have a theocracy under him and I'd end up hanging out with you guys in some re-education camp. He is basically an admitted fascist. But unlike Gingrich and Romney supporting fascist policies to help special interests and their own personal lust for power, Santorum seems to be more of a true believer when it comes to fascism.

I generally long considered Santorum to be the scariest in the sense of if he was actually president. As a Pennsylvanian I just figured people wouldn't fall for his idiocy and long considered him to have absolutely no shot of doing well considering his insane views. I guess I was wrong. Those poor, poor souls that are supporting him...

If things were going to be the way they have always been, I'd say you were right.

Should the world go the way many smart people say it will, it is URGENT that we have a leader in charge who will NOT sign bills that give away your right to demand a search warrant, that would NEVER detain you without cause and that WOULD FIGHT for your right to free speech...NOT GIVE IT AWAY.

FSP-Rebel
01-29-2012, 02:21 PM
NOBP
Amen

Shane Harris
01-29-2012, 02:30 PM
Santorum would get severely beat down by Obama. I am not the least bit concerned that he could ever become president. Gingrich and Romney on the other hand would really give Obama a run for his money. Gingrich scares me more. But all things equal, I agree Santorum is the scariest man running for President by far. Fortunately I live in a somewhat blue state (hasn't gone red since 88), so I won't have to vote for Obama out of pragmatism if it comes down to it.

milo10
01-29-2012, 02:35 PM
Nothing against the OP, but I thought this thread would be based on some type of objective rating system that tells us where each candidate stands on civil liberties and so forth.

Does anything like that exist?

And if not, maybe some smart activist/entrepreneur wants to create one?

Jeffster
01-29-2012, 02:41 PM
I don't find Santorum scary in the slightest. His defense of the Cuban embargo is political pandering to get votes from Cubans in Florida, and his comments about Jihadists are in general to gain support from the factions of the party that hold the "War on Terror" to be the most important issue. I believe a Santorum presidency would definitely be better than Obama, however Santorum would likely not act to improve anything in the area of the Federal Reserve.

I take a nuanced view of all of these candidates, knowing that one of five people will be the President for the next four years. I would personally rank the choices this way 1. Paul, 2. Santorum, 3. Gingrich, 4. Romney, 5. Obama. A large part of ranking the other Republican candidates before Romney is my observation of his inconsistency and political pandering to an extreme degree where similar to Clinton, it is hard to know what he truly believes in or what he would actually seek to do as President.

I disagree with some views of ALL of the candidates, but I always would chose with conviction and consistency over those "finger-in-the-wind" politicians that seem to be afraid to take a stand on anything.

Lisa100
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
The mere fact that Paul has attacked Cain, Newt, and Santorum, but not Romney, in the debates shows me that he finds them more reprehensibile for some reason.

Based on my own instinct, I find Newt the worst, followed by Santorum, Obama (because it will be his second term so he will not worry about re-election), and Romney. Even though the big money is on Romney, he doesn't seem as evil as the others.

HOLLYWOOD
01-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Paranoia and Fear are the tools of these Megalomaniacs. But since you focused on Rick Santorum

http://fitsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/santorum-hitler.jpg

jolynna
01-29-2012, 03:27 PM

If things were going to be the way they have always been, I'd say you were right.

Should the world go the way many smart people say it will, it is URGENT that we have a leader in charge who will NOT sign bills that give away your right to demand a search warrant, that would NEVER detain you without cause and that WOULD FIGHT for your right to free speech...NOT GIVE IT AWAY.

Liberties given away, you NEVER get back.

jolynna
01-29-2012, 03:36 PM
The mere fact that Paul has attacked Cain, Newt, and Santorum, but not Romney, in the debates shows me that he finds them more reprehensibile for some reason.

Based on my own instinct, I find Newt the worst, followed by Santorum, Obama (because it will be his second term so he will not worry about re-election), and Romney. Even though the big money is on Romney, he doesn't seem as evil as the others.

He doesn't seem as evil for all the reasons that Obama doesn't seem evil. He's oily and slick. Manners HIDE a lot.

Romney is dangerous for all of the reasons that Obama is, position wise they are the same animals, bought by the same crew and both can be counted on to continue with the wars, the banking scam, looting the treasury and doing away with constitutional rights.

If Ron Paul isn't attacking, maybe he is not antagonizing him for the end game when deals are made and is putting himself in position to get S0METHING should he not be the nominee. I can't begin to guess. I just know that Paul and Romney are polar opposites on EVERY ISSUE. Even on small government which Newt and Santorum, at least, PRETEND, they believe in. I believe that Ron Paul MORE THAN ON ANY OTHER ISSUE....TREASURES AND FIGHTS FOR OUR LIBERTY. The very same liberty that Romney so freely and admittedly is tossing it OUT with a TRUST ME? Not sure why Paul isn't saying more, but it CANNOT BE because he hasn't noticed.

On human rights and freedoms, Romney is a very, very dangerous man. He has NO moral core. When times get tough, that is the WORST kind of person to have in charge.

lilymc
01-29-2012, 03:42 PM
The scariest candidate is the one supported by Wall Street. Money is what makes the world run.

Wall Street bought Obama, who went from an anti-war stance, to committing war crimes on par with George W. Bush...the one who gave us the patriot act.

Harvard-educated and gentle peacenik Obama, made Bush look like a member of the UCLA when he followed the Patriot Act with the much more dangerous NDAA and ACTA. He put Bush to shame in his zeal and skill at killing Muslims. (If Bush had signed NDAA or killed as many Muslims in as many places, the progressives would have been up in arms. Especially the liberal media...NO...killing people who happen to live where the oil is, happens "FOR OUR OWN GOOD"...is perfectly fine with the "toppest prog of the top progs.." Every last one of them, that at ONE TIME KNEW BETTER, should be hanging their heads in shame!)

Romney is the ONLY candidate to flat-out say he supports NDAA and he EVEN thinks Obama is TOO timid with the killing. He plans to add 100,000 active duty military, he plans to add more ships, he says he will build more planes. For WHAT? We have a larger military than all of the rest of the world COMBINED.

Why do ya'll think the media (owned lock stock and barrel by the guys who bought Obama and NOW Romney) are going foaming-mouth-mad every time ANY candidate other than their boy, Romney, comes out on the top of a poll?

Who cares how meed Romney looks. Obama and his cute family look harmless too.

Ask the soldiers who bury the dead because of the senseless wars how harmless Obama is. Ask the brown-skinned people whose mothers, wives, chidren, husbands, fathers and grandfathers became "collateral damage" due to a bomb that missed or a drone, how harmless our well-spoken, well-educated presidents is?

Don't let the looks and rhetoric fool you people. Follow the money. That is where the GREATEST threat to our FREEDOM lies.

Romney: "Obama has done a LOT of things wrong, BUT I don't think he is going to ABUSE this power. And when I am president I WON'T ABUSE this power."

Then WHY have such a law exist? WHY would ANY law which gives Obama OR any OTHER PRESIDENT authority to ABUSE exist? EVER? EVER? Unless you intend to abuse.

When somebody says, "Trust me. DON'T."

He ISN'T EVEN HIDING HIS INTENT. ZeroHedge said this first and it is SOOOOO worth repeating, America deserves whichever president it gets.

If superficial looks and a nicey-nice way of talking make the most blood thirsty look palatable to you...I just don't know what to say. Again, Follow the money.

I agree. He is a wall street puppet, and imo he seems to have the characteristics of a sociopath. He doesn't seem to have any shame or guilt over saying one thing, then turning around and saying the complete opposite, and blatant lying and supporting completely unconstitutional positions while simultaneously claiming to be a conservative.

kahless
01-29-2012, 03:43 PM
In my life time, Rick Santorum has to be the most scariest foreign policy candidate.

My foreign policy order of scariness. Highest number being the most scariest of candidate.

1. Rick Santorum 50%
2. Newt Gingrich, 27%
3. Mitt Romney, 23%

Domestic policy order of scariness.

1. Newt Gingrich, 41%
2. Mitt Romney, 39%
3. Rick Santorum, 20%

Average
1. Santorum, 35%
2. Gingrich, 34%
3. Romney, 31%

With these numbers it is impossible for me to make a choice with all the negatives each of them have. If Ron was not in the race it would be an easy choice to have to vote for CP or LP.

Mattsa
01-29-2012, 03:44 PM
I never would have put Mitt Romney in the "scary" department. He may (if he could actually beat Obama) continue more of the same but I don't put him in the scary department. A week ago I probably would have said Newt Gingrich, but that no longer holds true. I mean, you know, he is scary but to my surprise, not the most scary. It actually turns out to be Rick Santorum. After watching the last two debates that man scares the living bejeesus out of me. I never saw someone so paranoid running for president (well, SERIOUSLY running for president) as this guy. After hearing him drone on about Cuba and Venezuela, etc... and their ties to Iran and him making it seem like there is a Muslim terrorist under every rock on the planet, just waiting to bomb the shit out of us or something - he wins the honors.

We all know that Newt can't beat Obama. And I'd say we're all just as certain that Santorum can't but if it actually came to pass - I would have to leave the freaking country. He and Congress would lock this country down so tight he'd make Stalin jealous. And even then, I don't know if there would be a safe place on the globe outside of the Antarctic.

I took an oath to vote for only Ron Paul but if Santorum one the nomination (by some slip in the multiverse or something) I would HAVE to vote for Obama just to ensure 100% that this nutjob never gets the office.

Relax

Santorum is a busted flush. He doesn't have the cash, the people on the ground or the grassroots support after Florida to win doodly squat.

The GOP establishment seem to hate Gingrich almost as much as they hate Ron.

My money is on Romney for the nomination but it really doesn't matter.

Ron Paul has won the ideological argument hands down and the future belongs to a libertarian philosophy.

Ron Paul will go down in history as one of the greatest Americans ever. America will rise from the ashes thanks to Ron Paul.

unknown
01-29-2012, 03:45 PM
Very true.

On the scary scale, Romney is the least scary. Hes just a hypocritical flip flopping liar with no soul.

Its clearly between Newt and Santorum. Theyre both effing scary. Newt with his death penalty for anyone smoking weed and Santorum with his Hitleresque kill everyone mentality.

IMO, very difficult to decide whos more scary.

pen_thief
01-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I think Santorum has a Chihuahua complex. "Listen to me! I matter!! I could terrible things to you if I wanted!!!"

I think Gingrich should be the first one to go to the moon. He can just stay there with his wife so her deranged smile doesn't frighten any more children.*

Romney is tolerable, but you know he's got a pricetag and his puppet strings are practically showing already.

In summation, NOBP!

*I'm an adult and I was frightened. Just saying.

trey4sports
01-29-2012, 03:48 PM
oh yeah, Rick is definitely the worst.

He checks under his bed for muslims before he goes to bed every night.

kahless
01-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Very true.

On the scary scale, Romney is the least scary. Hes just a hypocritical flip flopping liar with no soul.

Its clearly between Newt and Santorum. Theyre both effing scary. Newt with his death penalty for anyone smoking weed and Santorum with his Hitleresque kill everyone mentality.

IMO, very difficult to decide whos more scary.

Oddly, Santorum on my list comes in the least scary on domestic policy. But averaging both his domestic and foreign policy he still comes out on top as the most scariest candidate.

Lisa100
01-29-2012, 03:50 PM
He doesn't seem as evil for all the reasons that Obama doesn't seem evil. He's oily and slick. Manners HIDE a lot.

Romney is dangerous for all of the reasons that Obama is, position wise they are the same animals, bought by the same crew and both can be counted on to continue with the wars, the banking scam, looting the treasury and doing away with constitutional rights.

If Ron Paul isn't attacking, maybe he is not antagonizing him for the end game when deals are made and is putting himself in position to get the most for support he may OR MAY NOT give. Not sure about anything except that Dr. Paul in order to get bills passed he believes in and to do his job has probably had to hold his nose and be nice because strategically it would get him what he wanted better than a flat out assault. I don't know what Ron Paul's reasoning is. I just know that Paul and Romney are polar opposites on EVERY ISSUE. Even on small government which Newt and Santorum, at least, PRETEND, they believe in.

What I do know is that on the ISSUES, especially the issues that concern human rights and freedoms, Romney is a very, very dangerous man. Just like Obama is.

I agree that Romney is very dangerous. I was just comparing him to the other creepy people. Obviously, no one compares to Paul. But I don't see Romney in the same league as Obama in terms of being a snake oil salesman with a chip on his shoulder and being as much of a phony. The bottom line is that neither Romney or Obama have any principles, but Obama was able to mesmerize people into thinking he is some kind of messiah, and Romney can't do that, so that alone makes him less dangerous.

Sematary
01-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Santorum would get severely beat down by Obama. I am not the least bit concerned that he could ever become president. Gingrich and Romney on the other hand would really give Obama a run for his money. Gingrich scares me more. But all things equal, I agree Santorum is the scariest man running for President by far. Fortunately I live in a somewhat blue state (hasn't gone red since 88), so I won't have to vote for Obama out of pragmatism if it comes down to it.

I live in Ct. which is by far one of the most Democrat heavy states in the union so no matter how I vote, - even when I vote for Ron Paul, I'm just a lone Ron Paul Republican in a sea of idiots. I mean, come on - these people keep voting for people like Lieberman and Chris Dodd for goodness sake.

Sematary
01-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Nothing against the OP, but I thought this thread would be based on some type of objective rating system that tells us where each candidate stands on civil liberties and so forth.

Does anything like that exist?

And if not, maybe some smart activist/entrepreneur wants to create one?

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the best and 1 being the worst.

10. Ron Paul
1. Mitt Romney
1. Obama
0 Gingrich and Santorum

Simple
01-29-2012, 03:57 PM
Even Romney said he'd support NDAA and wars around the world. That puts him in the scary category for me. Doom, gloom, despair, or Ron Paul.

kahless
01-29-2012, 03:58 PM
I live in Ct. which is by far one of the most Democrat heavy states in the union so no matter how I vote, - even when I vote for Ron Paul, I'm just a lone Ron Paul Republican in a sea of idiots. I mean, come on - these people keep voting for people like Lieberman and Chris Dodd for goodness sake.

Very similar here in NY but know very few people like that. Most people I know are Conservative and typically vote for the Republican nominee. However for the first time I am hearing people that do not like any of candidates consider voting Libertarian this time around.

The ones that will not vote for Ron because of the media opposition or because they have accepted whatever Neocon talk radio or pro-big government Foxnews has told them about Ron Paul.

Sematary
01-29-2012, 04:00 PM
Even Romney said he'd support NDAA and wars around the world. That puts him in the scary category for me. Doom, gloom, despair, or Ron Paul.

Oh, I agree. ALL of them are bad news - including Obama, but I really think if Santorum ever got the presidency WWIII would ensue within less than a year. I think we'd survive another four years of Romney or Obama and if Gingrich ever became president - pretty sure it would be almost as bad as a santorum presidency - he is very unstable.
Fortunately, Santorum doesn't have a shot. Neither doe Gingrich. Moderates and liberals hate him (with good reason). The only vote he really gets is from the right wing neocons and that isn't enough to win shit in a general election.

And, of course, we all know that without Ron Paul at the head of the ticket, Mitt doesn't stand a chance either because I know I'M not voting for him.

deputydon
01-29-2012, 04:23 PM
If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, I'm honestly voting for Obama. Gingrich is going to bankrupt us even sooner if he honestly believes in a moonbase. Mitt Romney is the biggest flip flopper I've ever seen. And I've always been frightened by Santorum. Personally, its because (no disrespect to the religion folks here) I've always been scared of the extreme religious people. Honestly, a group of extreme catholics or Christians is far more frightening to me than extreme Muslims. At least in the US. Santorum's ability to be so afraid of freewill is absolutely mind blowing to me. He basically feels that anyone that disagrees with him is going to burn in hell.

Brett85
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
I actually think Romney's flip flopping makes him better than the other GOP candidates. We know that Santorum and Gingrich will always be consistently wrong and won't ever change. However, Romney has no core values. He'll take whatever position he believes is popular with voters. So if Romney believes that the philosophy of liberty is popular with voters, it's possible he could adopt pro liberty positions simply to get votes.

JK/SEA
01-29-2012, 04:28 PM
NOBP

this.

jolynna
01-29-2012, 04:30 PM
He said he SUPPORTS giving up LIBERTY and considers the historic (and in my mind illegal and unconstituional) moment Obama signed NDAA into law a GOOD thing.

WHY does Obama OR Romney think there is even the NEED for such a law? If they aren't going to use and ABUSE it, why have it?

We would have chucked Bush out in a heartbeat if he had dared such a thing.

I am telling you people, perception is the name of the game and everyone is believing what is presented is reality. People are buying into Romney's blandness (therefore he's safe) just like people bought into into Obama's "Hope and Change" talk. Line by line on his own website, Romney promises to add 100,000 men to active duty, build more planes, build more ships and make our military (already larger than everyone else's combined) stronger. WHY? Sounds to me like SOMEBODY is thinking some WAR is going to be going on. And Romney is the ONE who said he'd go get the DRONE. He said Obama is WRONG to get us OUT of Iraq. Romney has even said his first trip abroad as president will be to visit Israel. He's waving the red flag under the bull's (Iran's & the Muslim's) nose before he even gets elected.

That is as into war as it is possible for a candidate to be. He just says it prettily and with an educated tone.

As an ECONOMIST, BESIDES LEAVING office with 67% of the people in Massachusetts not approving of him, Romney's job-getting credentials as governor are putting Massachusetts down to 47th out of 50 states (Katrina saved Massachusetts from being 48th). Romney has gone on record saying the BAILOUTS saved the world from financial collapse...and you better believe NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THE CRIMINAL BANKERS (the guilty people actually saved by the bailouts instead of the innocent investors) who ARE STILL DOING all of the things they did to bring Lehman down, (just packaging it sllightly differently) will EVER BE PUNISHED. It is only a matter of time before THAT bubble bursts. And by voting for Romney the people would have put in charge the ONE man (other than Obama) that the corrupt financial institutions can count on NOT to prosecute THEM. Buying Romney and Obama not only keeps the scammers out of jail, it will keep their corrupt game going. Taxpayers will work and pay for the wrongdoing. As will their children. And their children's children. And generations to come.

Plus, Obama and Romney (if that is who follows Obama into office) have signed into LAW, all the power they need to keep down the rowdy complainers who don't appreciate living under lots of austerity and paying higher taxes.

jolynna
01-29-2012, 04:41 PM
I actually think Romney's flip flopping makes him better than the other GOP candidates. We know that Santorum and Gingrich will always be consistently wrong and won't ever change. However, Romney has no core values. He'll take whatever position he believes is popular with voters. So if Romney believes that the philosophy of liberty is popular with voters, it's possible he could adopt pro liberty positions simply to get votes.

Romney will do whatever the people that bought him tell him to do.

Just like Obama did.

Remember when Obama used to be anti-war?

See how easily he got over that.

Kind like Romney who used to be pro-choice. And pro-brady bill.

Wall Street chose BOTH Obama and Romney because neither have a moral core. It isn't about what the voters want. Probably hasn't been for a long time. I wouldn't care if I thought the world was going to keep on "muddling through".

Unfortunately, I think we are at a crisis point. This time it might matter who we elect. And for sure, to again repeat ZeroHedge, "We're going to elect who we deserve."

I'm trying to raise the standard to being somewhat above that of a known liar. I don't care about how much worse anybody else is. Their lowness does not make the known liar MORE fit for the position of POTUS.

LESS EVIL IS STILL EVIL. Nobody but Paul.

Cap
01-29-2012, 05:22 PM
It's debatable if he is worse than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAL7rpUZCb4&list=FLIJ1yXFwcmucqa8elee9-NQ&index=13&feature=plpp_videoPowerful!

COpatriot
01-29-2012, 05:30 PM
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s416/bhoffman1231/santorum-3.jpg

thoughtomator
01-29-2012, 05:32 PM
They're all scary in different ways, but I think Gingrich is in a madman class of his own. I think Gingrich would start a nuclear war just to go down in history as the second person who ordered them used.

Silverbug1980
01-29-2012, 05:35 PM
NOBP

But I am lucky in the fact that I am moving to Switzerland. If I don't like a law, and I get enough petitions, I can have it voted on to be removed at least.

PolicyReader
01-29-2012, 05:37 PM
Honestly while some of the effects may not be as immediate in the long run I find Romney to be the scariest of the lot

http://www.truth-out.org/romney-collects-more-donations-five-biggest-banks-all-other-candidates-combined/1327760394#.TyU8xSQ_oeg.twitter

deputydon
01-29-2012, 06:28 PM
I think what we've learned here is that they are all insanely frightening and none of them should become the next President of the United States of America.

jolynna
01-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Honestly while some of the effects may not be as immediate in the long run I find Romney to be the scariest of the lot

http://www.truth-out.org/romney-collects-more-donations-five-biggest-banks-all-other-candidates-combined/1327760394#.TyU8xSQ_oeg.twitter

There are actually people that think it is a GOOD thing that Wall Street supports Romney, that Wall Street is supporting Romney because they think he is smart or would be good with money. HA! Just the opposite.

They want Romney because he is SO lacking in moral compass.

This isn't about Romney being not conservative. I am not talking about whether Romney is tea party, big government, a communist, a Mormon, a socialist or any other view. It is about NO ETHICS. No position. And lying, all the time, about everything.

I suggest to ALL. PLEASE READ How to Kill 11 Million People:Why the Truth Matters. It is only 47 pages long. It is non-partisan. It mentions no candidate. It is very powerful. Although some pages only contain one sentence, after you read this you will think about it. And you will know WHY ethics, character and truth matter more than any other consideration when choosing a leader.

http://www.amazon.com/How-You-Kill-Million-People/dp/0849948355

P.S. I didn't write the book, don't know the author. But I do want to get this book into the hands of every person I can get to read it. I cannot recommend it enough. It is that emotionally wrenching and I hope it puts things in perspective for every person going to the polls in this important 2012 election.

AgentOrange
01-29-2012, 06:45 PM
I think all of them, with the exception of Ron Paul are owned by the elite & will do whatever they are told to do. The debates are just a scam to make people think there is a difference between the candidates. Just as Obama didn't keep most of his campaign promises, whatever Gingrich or Santorum or Romney says really has nothing to do with what they will do once in office.

iakobos
01-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Obama is still hands down the scariest candidate in this election. However, Santorum is easily the most sanctimonious candidate I have ever seen.

jolynna
01-29-2012, 08:53 PM
Anybody, GOP OR Dem, who is without moral compass puts every one of us at risk. That bit people always say about lying being what ALL politicians do and so what...that is bunk. If YOU or I lie to law enforcement it is an offense we can be punished for. Hold our leaders to the SAME standards.

Truth doesn't solve every problem. But, it is a start and the LEAST we should expect from a leader.