PDA

View Full Version : FL NBC/Marist Poll

Tyler_Durden
01-29-2012, 12:25 PM
http://maristpoll.marist.edu/wp-content/misc/FLpolls/FL120125/Republican%20Primary%202012/FloridaComplete%20Survey%20Findings.pdf

http://maristpoll.marist.edu/category/elections-2012/nbc-marist/

Candidate Total / Pre- debate /Post- debate
Mitt Romney 42% 43% 40%
Newt Gingrich 27% 29% 25%
Rick Santorum 16% 13% 18%
Ron Paul 11% 11% 11%
Other <1% <1% 1%
Undecided 4% 3% 5%

In FL, Dr. Paul still closer to defeating Obama than Gingrich/Santorum:

Among Florida’s registered voters:
Nearly half — 49% — support the president while 41% are for Romney, and 10% are undecided.** This is little changed from December when 48% backed Obama, 41% were for Romney, and 11% were undecided.
When matched against Paul, half of registered voters in Florida — 50% — support Obama compared with 36% for Paul.* 14% are undecided.* Similar proportions shared these views in December when 49% favored the president, 36% rallied for Paul, and 14% were undecided.
Against Santorum, Obama receives 50% to 35% for Santorum.* 15% are undecided.
President Obama has a 17 percentage point lead over Gingrich.* The president receives majority support — 52% — to 35% for Gingrich.* 13% are undecided.* Last month, a majority — 51% — supported the president to 39% for Gingrich.* 10%, at that time, were undecided.

Badger Paul
01-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Santorum support remains pretty stubborn even though he's not contesting the state any more than RP is. If I'm Gingrich I have to be pretty frustrated I can convince them it's in their best interest to support him to keep the race going.

moonshine5757
01-29-2012, 12:43 PM
So you're telling me we WON right?

ssjevot
01-29-2012, 12:47 PM
I really wish we could get people to understand the only two electable candidates are Ron and Mitt, because it's so painful watching Gingrich get stomped in these polls, but people voting for him because they think he's electable.

Student Of Paulism
01-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Lol, and Ron's support just stays the same the whole time? Umm yea, OOOOOOOOOK :rolleyes:

Brett85
01-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Lol, and Ron's support just stays the same the whole time? Umm yea, OOOOOOOOOK :rolleyes:

Why is that surprising at all? Ron has solid support that doesn't go away, but he has trouble gaining a large amount of new, soft support.

MozoVote
01-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Santorum support remains pretty stubborn even though he's not contesting the state any more than RP is. If I'm Gingrich I have to be pretty frustrated I can convince them it's in their best interest to support him to keep the race going.Gingrich is currently empasizing in interviews that his percentage plus Santorum's exceed Romney's. He is telegraphing already that Santorum should bow out and let the anti-Romney vote coalesce.

seapilot
01-29-2012, 01:16 PM
Looks like Santorum is hurting Gingrich's chances on beating Romney. Funny how some people think Santorum is running to keep RP down where it looks to be keeping Gingrich down in Florida. The soft support between those two is pretty large. My guess is RP base of 10% is much more solid than either Santorum or Gingrich's base. It normally is not good to punch down, but for Gingrich it might actually help him here.

nc4rp
01-29-2012, 01:17 PM

is that a "Diebold Ceiling" ? (notice Dr. Paul does MUCH better in non-voting-machine states)

moonshine5757
01-29-2012, 01:23 PM
So we still have a shot right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jNnDMfxA

Carole
01-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Looks like Santorum is hurting Gingrich's chances on beating Romney. Funny how some people think Santorum is running to keep RP down where it looks to be keeping Gingrich down in Florida. The soft support between those two is pretty large. My guess is RP base of 10% is much more solid than either Santorum or Gingrich's base. It normally is not good to punch down, but for Gingrich it might actually help him here.

Romney and Gingrich down after debate antics. Santorum up 5 points after debate. Dr. Paul - no gain, no loss. Hmmm....

Roy Bleckert
01-29-2012, 01:27 PM
It appears Republicans over 45 years of age are the main problem for Ron

Even in Fla which is not his strongest State he does the best against dems & indys & Mittens only does better in head to head against The Big O because of more republican support

Ron must increase his support in the over 45 republican crowd in order to Win the nomination

Carole
01-29-2012, 01:28 PM
No, I think Santorum will gain a little (daughter in hospital) sympathy vote, too.

bbartlog
01-29-2012, 01:34 PM
Not in Florida. But we never really did, there. For the primary as a whole? Sure! Things in Maine look pretty good from what little I can tell, some of the following caucuses too. I can't be sure but it looks like Romney decided that it was more important to spend resources in FL and be *sure* of a win against Gingrich, than to split his effort and contest Maine aggressively. Not that he won't still have an operation there but I believe he is not personally visiting Maine. If you go to his campaign homepage and click on Maine it lists no Maine events, just a GOTV-from-home effort for Florida and the Nevada caucus. Might lose him a few votes actually... if I were a lukewarm supporter from Maine and visited his page (clicking on Maine) I'd hope to get some instructions on how to caucus, someone to contact, something. Instead I get stuff about FL and NV.

ssjevot
01-29-2012, 02:03 PM

Even in Fla which is not his strongest State he does the best against dems & indys & Mittens only does better in head to head against The Big O because of more republican support

Ron must increase his support in the over 45 republican crowd in order to Win the nomination

I don't think that's likely to happen, but this is great for the long term for the liberty movement. As time goes on our numbers will only grow. All of those high school mock primaries/caucuses show overwhelming Paul support. Liberty will happen in our lifetimes as long as we keep the fight up and never sell our values short for some fake whom the GOP wishes us to vote for. We must remain strong.

LanceK37
01-29-2012, 02:09 PM

Age 45 must be when the Fox News worship really takes over.

AlexMerced
01-29-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't know, the developments with hsi child may be the end of Sanorum, not cause people will stop voting for him, but his child is really ill and I wouldn't be surprised if decides spending the time he can with his child is more important than this election... and he seems like a caring father so I wouldnt be surprised.

Hope she gets better, but if I rmemeber right she has some sort of disease that everyday is literally a miracle for her. I'm not a prayer, but I will be praying for her health.

seapilot
01-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Age 45 must be when the Fox News worship really takes over.

Makes sense as Fox News came about in 1996, when most of these viewers really started watching cable news and paying attention to politics.