PDA

View Full Version : Iranian molecular scientist shot dead in car outside her Texas home

moderate libertarian
01-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Is this coming to US now if this was an assassination?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087925/Molecular-scientist-Gelareh-Bagherzadeh-30-shot-dead.html

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 11:17 AM
This is strange and interesting.

Chester Copperpot
01-29-2012, 11:21 AM
Hmm, Thomas Paine's word never seemed more clear now:

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."
-- Thomas Paine

COpatriot
01-29-2012, 11:25 AM
So does Rick Santorum think this is a wonderful thing and does Sean Hannity say "god bless" the shooter?

talkingpointes
01-29-2012, 11:29 AM
Looking at the comments... Nothing to see here folks, just another case of crazy Muslims killing each other... This isn't a play by world governments, even with as often as especially Iranian scientist seem to be targets. It's pure concentrated coincidence.

moderate libertarian
01-29-2012, 11:44 AM
So does Rick Santorum think this is a wonderful thing and does Sean Hannity say "god bless" the shooter?

Good question.

Assassination of scientists in Iran were blamed on mosad agents but in US chances of such agents presence are not certain. Would be interesting to see what investogators find, too soon to know what led to this.

2young2vote
01-29-2012, 11:56 AM
She wasn't even in Iran and it looks like she opposed the Iranian government. Why the heck would the US government even want to kill her? And it looks like the title of the article is made to drum up news. She was an Iranian, working in America as a molecular scientist at a cancer center...

Cap
01-29-2012, 12:03 PM
I hope that the US had nothing to do with this. If they did, damn their black hearts.

torchbearer
01-29-2012, 12:04 PM
She wasn't even in Iran and it looks like she opposed the Iranian government. Why the heck would the US government even want to kill her? And it looks like the title of the article is made to drum up news. She was an Iranian, working in America as a molecular scientist at a cancer center...

ex-boyfriend puts a hit out on her because of psycho love gone wrong, gets on the phone for an alibi.

Endgame
01-29-2012, 12:46 PM
WTF is a molecular scientist? A chemist?

torchbearer
01-29-2012, 12:49 PM
WTF is a molecular scientist? A chemist? yeah. but is sounds more nuclear stated the other way.

donnay
01-29-2012, 12:50 PM

Ah but they will say that it must of been an Iranian sniper who is on our soil trying to stir up things. A false flag of sorts.

RickyJ
01-29-2012, 12:54 PM

Yes, they have already said as much. You can throw Newt and Romney in there as well though. They are both for NDAA too.

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2012, 01:21 PM
ex-boyfriend puts a hit out on her because of psycho love gone wrong, gets on the phone for an alibi.

My first thought too, but we don't want to jump to that conclusion. The Police and media do that all the time and they are often wrong.

KingRobbStark
01-29-2012, 01:40 PM
The iranians wont benifit from killing her. No side would.

libertygrl
01-29-2012, 01:56 PM
It's hard not to believe this wasn't intentional because of her profession. However, she was also fighting for women's rights and a lot of the male fundamentalists go off the deep end about this.

123tim
01-29-2012, 01:58 PM

Was she even a "Scientist"?

Bagherzadeh was a molecular genetic technology student at M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston. She also was active in promoting Iranian women's rights, police spokesman Victor Senties said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2087925/Molecular-scientist-Gelareh-Bagherzadeh-30-shot-dead.html#ixzz1ksYcVpYE

Edit:
Googled her name.....Not a "Scientist" Definitely a "student activist".

Endgame
01-29-2012, 04:03 PM
Was she even a "Scientist"?

Edit:
Googled her name.....Not a "Scientist" Definitely a "student activist".

Pipette jockey.

The_Ruffneck
01-29-2012, 05:08 PM
Well when the last Iranian nuclear scientist was killed a few weeks back there was a sudden 1000 people jump in the number applying to study nuclear physics in Iran.If they want to experience blowback they're doing a good job.

steph3n
01-29-2012, 10:07 PM
This isn't new, she was a human rights activist, not a scientist.

It was a hit, or assassination by the details, too precise to be accidental, too clean, but by whom or for what?

Nate-ForLiberty
01-29-2012, 10:23 PM
She was assassinated. The person who shot her did not steal her purse or money. This happened in The Galleria, which is a major shopping area here in Houston. If you are a celebrity and want to go shopping in Houston, you go here. Her home was a town home just around the corner from there.

This aired once on the local news here and then nothing.

Mossad is waging their war in Iran and also here in the states. I live just 20 minutes from the Galleria. How's that for close?

QueenB4Liberty
01-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think she's a celebrity.

I don't know why anyone would assassinate her. She wasn't anyone important, I mean she did good things, but she wasn't a threat to anyone.

Nate-ForLiberty
01-29-2012, 10:45 PM
I don't think she's a celebrity.

I don't know why anyone would assassinate her. She wasn't anyone important, I mean she did good things, but she wasn't a threat to anyone.

We aren't supposed to know why anyone would want to kill her. You assume she wasn't a threat to anyone. Someone in this world committed premeditated murder against her and didn't even bother to cover it up (by stealing her money, etc.).

RickyJ
01-29-2012, 10:58 PM
We aren't supposed to know why anyone would want to kill her. You assume she wasn't a threat to anyone. Someone in this world committed premeditated murder against her and didn't even bother to cover it up (by stealing her money, etc.).

Right, someone wanted her dead and wanted people to know it was a hit and not a robbery gone bad.

If I was an Iranian scientist right now I would be nervous. It could be this was another attempt to provoke Iran into responding with military action which would start the war the elite so desperately want to start.

dvalukis
01-29-2012, 11:31 PM
Kinda reminds me of this... only 'cause it's Houston an espionage related. http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/HPD-Carnaby-flashed-CIA-card-before-deadly-chase-1770245.php

I'm suprised the Roland Carnaby story didn't/hasn't stirred up more interest from people.

Vessol
01-30-2012, 03:38 AM
She was assassinated. The person who shot her did not steal her purse or money. This happened in The Galleria, which is a major shopping area here in Houston. If you are a celebrity and want to go shopping in Houston, you go here. Her home was a town home just around the corner from there.

Mossad is waging their war in Iran and also here in the states. I live just 20 minutes from the Galleria. How's that for close?

This, the story will disappear into the dustbins of history, just like many before it.

anaconda
01-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Isn't this several weeks old?

UPDATE: I guess only about 2 weeks ago.

anaconda
01-30-2012, 04:19 AM

Is this Ron's district? Close if not..

anaconda
01-30-2012, 04:37 AM
This may be an attempt to legitimize the Iranian nuclear program to something it is not. i.e. To make people believe that they must be working on a bomb or else their scientists would not be being assassinated...

Sullivan*
01-30-2012, 05:06 AM
This may be an attempt to legitimize the Iranian nuclear program to something it is not. i.e. To make people believe that they must be working on a bomb or else their scientists would not be being assassinated...
...Or it could just be some douche bag who went way too literal with Santorum's warmongering.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2012, 06:49 AM

Nothing new about this.

A similar assisination was carried in Austin a few years back, the victim, was gagged and stabbed and thrown off bridge.

Ruled a "suicide" IIRC

ExPatPaki
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
However, she was also fighting for women's rights and a lot of the male fundamentalists go off the deep end about this.

yea, but not enough to actually kill. she was irrelevant in fight for so-called "women's rights".

devil21
01-30-2012, 12:47 PM
My bet is she was a CIA asset and had to be eliminated for some reason.

AlexAmore
01-30-2012, 01:38 PM

They could track where the phone call came from. If it was in the vicinity they probably wouldn't take him off the list possibilities so quickly. Granted they could just say that in public and not mean it.

The above poster mentioned her being part of the CIA. That's actually a possibility. I know the CIA has a history of getting involved in feminist movements. Why not tack on Iranian nuclear chicks on top in this political climate?

devil21
01-30-2012, 07:21 PM
CIA is also heavily into recruiting on college campuses.

row333au
01-30-2012, 07:38 PM
It's more like a blowback scenario they are after... they want the Iranians to react like a retaliation reaction (they are counting on it); or they could be setting one of the Americans (diplomat, scientist, politician, etch) as a sacrificial lamb to be assassinated by a secret org (with industrial military complex created terrorist cell of home made Iranian sympathizer terrorist) by setting up a false flag against the Iranians that would make the Americans public going into a mob mentality of invading or going to war with Iran that also sets the precedent for the president to initiate Iranian assaults.

heavenlyboy34
01-30-2012, 07:41 PM
My first thought too, but we don't want to jump to that conclusion. The Police and media do that all the time and they are often wrong.What? Jumping to conclusions is what RPFs is for! ;) lolz