PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Republican Assembly Endorses Santorum After Paul Landslide In Straw Poll

everlasticity
01-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Here is the news through facebook, from Combat Veterans for Ron Paul:

Combat Veterans for Ron Paul
URGENT UPDATE:

Local news stations in Nashville tonight reported that the TRA had their straw poll (with no mention of vote tallies, percentages, or any numbers), and that THE TRA IS ENDORSING RICK SANTORUM. After the landslide victory Tennessee delivered for Ron Paul today, the TRA should refund the voters money and publicly apologize for ignoring the straw poll results and adding insult to injury by trying to use all the Ron Paul voters money to endorse Rick Santorum. The Republican establishment obviously doesn't want to embrace what could be the future of the party. Instead, they insist on pushing us out of the process and/or resorting to currupt tactics to blackout the Ron Paul groundswell. Research this story! The Republican establishment doesn't care what the voters think!

Emerick
01-29-2012, 08:11 AM
Bump!

airborne373
01-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Santorum represents war, federally funded abortion (eugenics) and various other anti-family values. The demons that support this cult-of-death will come out to support their ideological leaders.

donnay
01-29-2012, 08:15 AM
This is one of the reasons we need to send these Bozo's a clear message:

You refuse to get behind a strict Constitutionalists and strong fiscal conservative even when all the polls indicated this is the people's choice? I guess you are set to see Obama in for another four more years! And, you'll have no one to blame but yourselves for going against the people!!

Because we will vote for-- No One But Paul!!

jbuttell
01-29-2012, 08:46 AM
big surprise...interesting this is the first state to start TSA highway checkpoints and where Rand gets detained... yeah, sounds like Santorum territory.

Gary4Liberty
01-29-2012, 08:52 AM
...You refuse to get behind a strict Constitutionalists and strong physical conservative even when all the polls indicated this is the people's choice? ??

pacu44
01-29-2012, 08:54 AM
No one but Paul...

He may not want to, but I am ready for a third party run...

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 08:57 AM
http://tnra.org/Contact-Us.html

Use tact, but let them know.

FreeTraveler
01-29-2012, 08:59 AM
http://tnra.org/Contact-Us.html

Use tact, but let them know.
I recommend sending them a link to "The Battle of Athens." :D

ETA: As a matter of fact, I think that should be our general response to the establishment anytime it pulls stuff like this. Send them a history of the Battle of Athens.

donnay
01-29-2012, 09:02 AM
??

D'oh. I am only on my second cup of coffee. Fiscal was the word that slipped my brain. :D Thanks for the catch! ;)

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 09:03 AM
I just found this in the comments on the TNRA facebook page:

To clarify some questions hat have arisen about yesterday’s straw poll The straw poll is a chance for a group to gather and for a small amount of money to be able to get their candidate some free press time. The endorsement of the Tennessee Republican Assembly is done at the endorsing convention by TRA delegate and 2/3 of them must agree even for the endorsement to happen. The straw poll is totally separate from this part of the convention. Every person who bought a straw poll was given a discounted opportunity to both attend the convention and participate in the endorsement process. Not one person who showed up just to vote in the straw poll took advantage of this opportunity.

sailingaway
01-29-2012, 09:05 AM
The same thing happened in Iowa. the endorsement was by some dinky 'board' that liked establishment types who would put in federal mandates, and they endorsed, I THINK it was Santorum, maybe Cain. But Ron dominated the straw poll.

MozoVote
01-29-2012, 09:06 AM
Hmm. How well publicized was this "opportunity to attend the endorsement process?" It probably was never written anywhere. Only the insiders knew to stick around and meet later.

sailingaway
01-29-2012, 09:07 AM

To clarify some questions hat have arisen about yesterday’s straw poll The straw poll is a chance for a group to gather and for a small amount of money to be able to get their candidate some free press time. The endorsement of the Tennessee Republican Assembly is done at the endorsing convention by TRA delegate and 2/3 of them must agree even for the endorsement to happen. The straw poll is totally separate from this part of the convention. Every person who bought a straw poll was given a discounted opportunity to both attend the convention and participate in the endorsement process. Not one person who showed up just to vote in the straw poll took advantage of this opportunity.

Gee, what a snarky write up. What do you bet they didn't describe it like that BEFORE they took people's money? And either the 'participate' in endorsement meant our guys could say a few words and the decisionmakers could ignore it, or our guys didn't know they could participate. In any event, while we are proud of our folks for dominating the straw poll, this is really a tiny thing, and I see no reason why we would want to advertise it, here.

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 09:09 AM
Hmm. How well publicized was this "opportunity to attend the endorsement process?" It probably was never written anywhere. Only the insiders knew to stick around and meet later.

I am sure you are right. Plus, they released the results of the endorsement board, but not the results of the straw poll. WTF?

lib3rtarian
01-29-2012, 09:16 AM
We shouldn't even be spending money on these straw polls anymore. All we do is give the Establishment more money to use against us.

brushfire
01-29-2012, 09:21 AM
TN should find out who these people are:

http://tnra.org/StateLeadership.html

If they are holding any office, local or otherwise, campaign against them. Vote them out.
If there are committeemen, get them out. Look for public contracts - expose them.

There are more of "us" than there are of them.

everlasticity
01-29-2012, 09:35 AM

To clarify some questions hat have arisen about yesterday’s straw poll The straw poll is a chance for a group to gather and for a small amount of money to be able to get their candidate some free press time.

Except that, according to Combat Veterans for Ron Paul, they did not air the straw poll results.

ZanZibar
01-29-2012, 09:43 AM
This is why straw polls are generally a waste of time.

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 09:51 AM
Except that, according to Combat Veterans for Ron Paul, they did not air the straw poll results.

Yes, this is very dishonest. I have already sent them an email asking why they did this.

RonRules
01-29-2012, 10:30 AM
There's something inconsistent in your story. (I do believe you and I'm sure Ron had good results on the straw poll), but:

Your title: "After Paul Landslide In Straw Poll"

the TRA had their straw poll (with no mention of vote tallies ...

What were the exact results, so we can get the news corrected? (with enough of us, they will have to recant the story)

everlasticity
01-29-2012, 10:50 AM
There's something inconsistent in your story.

What were the exact results, so we can get the news corrected?

It's not my story. here were the results:

Ron Paul 200 votes
Rick Santorum 62 votes
Newt Gingrich 38 votes
Mitt Romney 15 votes
Jon Huntsman 1 vote

camp_steveo
01-29-2012, 10:52 AM
Ron Paul WINS Tennessee Republican Assembly Straw Poll in Nashville, TN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRorF_-VGHk

musicmax
01-29-2012, 11:07 AM
[/B] ...

What were the exact results, so we can get the news corrected?

Ron Paul 200 votes
Rick Santorum 62 votes
Newt Gingrich 38 votes
Mitt Romney 15 votes
Jon Huntsman 1 vote

RonRules
01-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Ron Paul 200 votes
Rick Santorum 62 votes
Newt Gingrich 38 votes
Mitt Romney 15 votes
Jon Huntsman 1 vote

OK thanks, who/where should we write, call?

The exposing of that story should (must) be much bigger news. If the local news has any fiber, they would correct the original and report it properly.

FreeTraveler
01-29-2012, 08:14 PM
I recommend sending them a link to "The Battle of Athens." :D

ETA: As a matter of fact, I think that should be our general response to the establishment anytime it pulls stuff like this. Send them a history of the Battle of Athens.
After writing this comment, I wrote a blog post linking this behavior to what happened at The Battle of Athens. Feel free to pass it on to them. :D

http://tirelessagorist.blogspot.com/2012/01/lesson-of-athens-tennessee.html

Feeding the Abscess
01-30-2012, 12:08 AM
How does Santorum square his federal ban of abortion and federal personhood amendment with his pro-stem-cell funding stance?

hrdman2luv
01-30-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm a truck driver. I went through the I 81 (southbound scales) the first day the TSA invaded our industry. They were passing out propaganda. They were using good looking people with big smiles. They were nice to all the drivers. They actually spoke to them. When I rolled in, the good looking lady handed me the pamplet with a big smile. I asked "What is this?" She said it's information that we're passing out to all truckers that will give them a way to contact officials if they see something suspicious. I looked at her and said "I see something suspicious right now. More big government infriging upon the last independent industry in the United States.... So much for the "freedom of the road"........ And I drove away...

I dodged the Knoxville scales. It was just sickening to listen to those people try and make what they're doing, as something good for the country. I'm sure she seen my "Texas Libertarian" bumper sticker on the side of my truck. I'm surprized the NAZI DOT didn't pull me around back and give me a level 1 inspection, a pat down and search my truck.

Ron Paul hasn't addressed trucking issues. And considering that there are over 8 million CDL holders in our industry, plus millions more that work in our industry (dispatchers, brokers, and trucking company owners) and that we've had too many unconstitutional laws, regulations and taxes for us, It would be a good thing for him to mention things like "HOS regs (log books) the CSA 2010, having to pay taxes on miles we drive on toll roads and hundreds more issues we face on a daily basis.

ONUV
01-30-2012, 05:35 PM
http://blogs.tennessean.com/politics/2012/rick-santorum-gets-republican-groups-endorsement-after-ron-paul-wins-straw-poll/

HarryBrowneLives
01-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Since I'm from TN I can talk about it ... Tennessee the Volunteer-your-son-to-bomb-some-brown-people-we-can't-find-on-a-map-State:p