PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich: ‘You Cannot Debate Somebody Who Is Dishonest’

Miss Annie
01-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Does he really think the nominee is going to be facing honesty in the General Election? And he said he was the only one who could debate Obama and win.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/01/gingrich-you-cannot-debate-somebody-who-is-dishonest/

Tyler_Durden
01-28-2012, 09:40 PM
Gingrich: 'You cannot Pot the Black Kettle'

HOLLYWOOD
01-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Gingrich: "I just lied telling you all... ‘You Cannot Debate Somebody Who Is Dishonest’."

F3d
01-29-2012, 01:06 AM
I would LOVE to see someone ask him in a debate how he can defeat Obama if he can't beat a dishonest person.

affa
01-29-2012, 01:52 AM
I don't know, Ron Paul does a good job of it. Again and again.

opinionatedfool
01-29-2012, 03:46 AM
It never ceases to amaze me that he can say something that makes me think he's an even bigger fool than I already think he is.

LibertyEagle
01-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Gingrich: 'You cannot Pot the Black Kettle'

ROFL!!

unknown
01-29-2012, 05:26 AM
Wow. Super wow.

Its his whole strategy, lie, lie and lie some more. Now hes lying about lying...

milo10
01-29-2012, 08:18 AM
He is just making a general statement about dialogue. It is nearly impossible with someone who is consistently dishonest.

The One
01-29-2012, 08:30 AM
He is just making a general statement about dialogue. It is nearly impossible with someone who is consistently dishonest.

I have to agree. Maybe you have to have been married to my ex-wife in order to understand how true this is.

Mini-Me
01-29-2012, 08:46 AM
I have to agree. Maybe you have to have been married to my ex-wife in order to understand how true this is.

Something like this?

Her: SLAP!
You: Why did you just slap me?
Her: What are you talking about?
You: I mean, you just slapped me. In the face. With your hand. Why?
Her: No, I didn't.
You: Wait, what? Here, let's play back the video tape.
Tape: Shows her slapping you.
Her: You totally misunderstood. I wasn't slapping you, I was...
You: You slapped me! You slapped me! It's right on the tape! I caught you! You slapped me!
Her: I can't believe you'd think so low of me! Don't you know me at all?!? I would never slap you!

;)

Bern
01-29-2012, 08:51 AM
Gingrich: ‘You Cannot Debate Somebody Who Is Dishonest'

This is why he believes he is the ultimate debater.

ghengis86
01-29-2012, 09:20 AM
This is why he believes he is the ultimate debater.

Some might even call him the master debater.

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-29-2012, 09:29 AM
He makes no sense.lol

Debating dishonest people are the easiest because you just ask them to prove their claims and call them out for their dishonest debate tactics. When they can't provide proof they are called out for the liars they are, or are shown for the manipulater they are.

I think Gingrinch meant to say, "I don't like being called out on my dishonesty in debates." lol

I think he got whiney and tried to turn tables because he didn't like it when Romney said, " People shouldn't make claims outside of the debate forum, that they are not willing to back up in a debate."

ItsTime
01-29-2012, 09:33 AM
What he really means is it is hard to out lie a dishonest person.

flightlesskiwi
01-29-2012, 09:44 AM
you know what i love about Ron Paul?? that he never says stuff like this:

“A couple scenes you can go back and replay, I’m staring in amazement. I know what he’s saying is untrue. And I also know that in that particular audience it would not have worked to take him head on,” Gingrich said.

Ron Paul is consistent whether he's talking in front of a group of high schoolers, at a rally, in an interview, on the floor in Congress, the Federal Reserve chairman, etc etc etc.

just read it again: Newt's complaining about his debate performance-- he's complaining about Romney's "dishonesty"-- but what he's really complaining about is the audience!!!