PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Straw Poll Results

Dorfsmith
01-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Can anyone conform this??? I'm seeing the same results being posted on twitter. Looks way too good to be true:

http://strawpoll.azgop.org/results/results-january-28-2012/

And the winner is…

Newt Gingrich: 20 votes

Ron Paul: 256 votes

Rick Santorum: 8 votes

Mitt Romney: 17 votes

Congratulations

rb3b3
01-28-2012, 05:42 PM
i just made a thread about the same issue.... i saw it on twitter but had no idea if real or not, and when you try searching for it on yahoo or google nothing comes up

Jeremy
01-28-2012, 05:43 PM
Well it is a straw poll.

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 05:45 PM
In Tennessee today the numbers were similar, 200 for Ron, something like 96 for Santorum who was in 2d, and less for the others.

Dorfsmith
01-28-2012, 05:46 PM
i just made a thread about the same issue.... i saw it on twitter but had no idea if real or not, and when you try searching for it on yahoo or google nothing comes up

Someone I know who went posted on my facebook page saying we won but didn't post the results. I'll let you know if I get a real confirmation. I was planning to go but something came up at the last minute. I would have felt miserable if we had lost by one vote.

mmadness
01-28-2012, 05:47 PM
Real polls matter - straw polls don't. Let's get back to work! :)

Dorfsmith
01-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Well it is a straw poll.

True but the whole establishment was there. Brewer, Pierce, everybody.

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 05:49 PM

Of course they matter! They show we have organized grass roots there and the others don't seem to. It is worth what it is worth, but it is a lot better than NOT having that.

Dorfsmith
01-28-2012, 05:49 PM

We've been knocking on doors in every precinct in Flagstaff. Make sure every Ron Paul supporter you know in AZ is registered Republican by January 30th. That's our biggest challenge.

mmadness
01-28-2012, 05:51 PM
We've been knocking on doors in every precinct in Flagstaff. Make sure every Ron Paul supporter you know in AZ is registered Republican by January 30th. That's our biggest challenge.

Thank you for doing the work!

mmadness
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
Of course they matter! They show we have organized grass roots there and the others don't seem to. It is worth what it is worth, but it is a lot better than NOT having that.

Well they don't really matter on the real scoreboard. We can win all the straw polls we want - I'm sure we did in '08 too? How did Ron do then in the primary?

In some ways I'd rather that we go stealth and don't tip our hand until the actual caucus/primary and conventions. I think in Iowa if we had not polled in 1st that soon, then the attacks might not have been launched against us. The IOWA GOP was also trying to figure out how to not have us win (if you remember one of the posts at the time). If they didn't think we were a threat, then no counter-measures might have been discussed.

Vet_from_cali
01-28-2012, 08:26 PM
Yea how many times has this happened and the voting result weren't the same :rolleyes:

CaptainAmerica
01-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Can anyone conform this??? I'm seeing the same results being posted on twitter. Looks way too good to be true:

And the winner is…

Newt Gingrich: 20 votes

Ron Paul: 256 votes

Rick Santorum: 8 votes

Mitt Romney: 17 votes

Congratulations
Doesn't look realistic.But ill take it .Arizona is known for its extreme neo-con chairmen and GOP party members. Im surprised Ron won the straw poll.

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 08:41 PM

straw polls always mattered to the media and folks until ron paul started winning them. They gave up reporting straw polls cause we win them all . These are gop events and many you have to show up. OOOO it matters alot even if the media doesn't cover them.

GeorgiaAvenger
01-28-2012, 08:44 PM
These are never accurate because we are the only people who show up.

Tod
01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
That's what's going around Facebook too.

Yes, it seems that we are the only people to show up.

RonRules
01-28-2012, 09:20 PM
We need to do a fake straw poll, with Newt ahead, Romney close second and Ron dead last with a low score. Let's see if they pick it up and expose them for not fact checking.

georgiaboy
01-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Great stuff. Bodes well for the delegate selection and the conventions.

Texan4Life
01-28-2012, 09:38 PM

+rep!

tennman
01-28-2012, 10:30 PM
But this can also help create the "surge" affect that Santorum pulled off in Iowa. Tweet the results like this, "Ron Paul surging in Arizona, wins straw poll."

abruzz0
01-28-2012, 10:42 PM
Straw Polls are effing meaningless. We've won the vast majority of them in both '08 and this time around and have YET to win a single state.

We need to win when it actually matters. Online polls/straw polls don't mean jack shite.

GopBlackList
01-28-2012, 10:46 PM
I agree. It is embarrassing that we toot meaningless polls yet fail to win state primaries. I feel everytime i go to a Ron Paul fan site that it is some huge echo chamber for a choir.

AZ Libertarian
01-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Written by mine own hand:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/News/104193-2012-01-29-az-state-maricopa-county-republican-straw-poll-results-raise-disparity.htm

Any Questions?