PDA

View Full Version : Converted my influential uncle!

Vvick727
11-11-2007, 09:52 PM
WHOOO!! i just sold my uncle on Dr. Paul!
and he's very influential in politics. not national level, but at least tri-state (NY, NJ, CT).

It turns out my mom was talking to him about my interest in Dr. Paul a lot, and he brought it up when we were sitting together in the living room.

I first spoke about the Iraq War, then taxes, then his personal life and his integrity.
He was pretty impressed from that, but my aunt was a pretty hard nut to crack. She went on about how we don't live in the same world as 1913, etc.
but i kept saying that "human action hasn't changed so drastically that history won't repeat itself"

my cousin definitely seemed somewhat interested, but was confused by his economic policies. She definitely put on a poker-face, so idk how that'll go.

Before my uncle left though, I showed him A New Hope.
He was definitely impressed by his integrity and honesty. He even said "wow" when he saw that Dr. Paul got the most money from the military.
He was especially impressed by the fact that Dr. Paul has never voted to increase taxes, never took a paid junket, and returned a portion of his money back to the government.

Leaving my room, he commented on how so many politicians are so eager to spend tax money on themselves, and are so corrupt. He told me about this time he was at a meeting in NJ, and a top NJ congressman came up to him and whispered to him, "hey, is there anything you can do for me in NY?"

Before my uncle left, he said that next time Dr. Paul comes to NY, that he would take me to see him. I'd be ecstatic if it was one of those fundraisers where its more private, but a rally would be awesome too.

I also converted my other uncle as well, he was really easy to crack.
All in all, today was a good day.

bbachtung
11-11-2007, 09:57 PM
Two more converts.

Thank you.

coboman
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Congratulations.

"A new hope" is a great video, and makes emphasis on the right points.

I bet you wouldn't have converted anyone by showing them the 30 second spot they are running on the TV.

I made this point in another thread, but I will insist: There must be a coordinated effort to talk to the official campaign to use the money in running the great story of the Ron Paul supporters. Of how the ideal of liberty and the Constitution has ignited the passion of apathetic voters.

Paying to play a shorter version of "A new hope" on TV, would be far more effective that another ad with Dr. Paul reading from a teleprompter.

This is important. If you agree with me, please second my voice.

bolidew
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
Good job.
Thank you!