PDA

View Full Version : Promotional Money Bomb at the end of November

Naraku
11-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I had this idea a while back and another poster did as well to have a mini-bomb late this month for just one-hour to get $1 million. Here's where I proposed it to get the gist of the idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35588

However, since obviously people don't like the idea because of the Tea Party I thought it could be used as a sort of promotional money bomb. It would be a sort of dry-run to test the servers and everything. It's unlikely The Tea Party will manage to get $1 million in an hour and certainly not 40,000 donors in an hour. If that can be pulled off it would make it clear that the Tea Party could be pulled off without worries.

Also if the $1 million in one hour mark was reached or broken it would be covered in the media and if it was spread around as a dry-run for the Tea Party, it would get lots of exposure for December 16th and then the media would have all their eyes on that date. Also, at $25 about three or two weeks before the money bomb, it would be easy to replenish.

What do you guys think?

princessredtights
11-12-2007, 01:41 AM
Personally, I think we need to focus on the Tea Party

hawkeyenick
11-12-2007, 01:46 AM
We need to focus on the tea party

Breaking the $7m record by hillary is our sole purpose right now. Such a feat is symbolic (he's the only one who can beat hillary), and just plain speaks volumes.

Other ideas can come after

justintempler
11-12-2007, 02:24 AM
Concentrate on the Tea Party.

$8m+ out of the $12m 4th quarter goal already. Tea Party will easily surpass that goal as it is. Of course more is always welcome but if you run too many money bombs too close together you will start to see diminishing returns as the novelty wears off. Instead let's concentrate on reaching 100,000 $100 donations. Imagine bringing in $10m in one day! More than double what was raised on Nov5th.

jrich4rpaul
11-12-2007, 02:43 AM
Save your money. Put it in the bank and gain interest. We don't need any more moneybombs until Tea Party II.

December 16th will make history.

RonPaulFever
11-12-2007, 02:49 AM
NO MORE MONEY BOMBS!

Focus on Dec. 16th.

wisconsinite
11-12-2007, 02:50 AM
NO MORE MONEY BOMBS!

Focus on Dec. 16th.

+1

gworrel
11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
I think it is an excellent idea. I think waiting 5 more weeks for another moneybomb is not the best strategic plan.

I don't think it will detract from December 16th. Even if it does it will result in more total money raised which is more important IMHO. The press is unlikely to give the same coverage to a second record as they did the first, even if it brings in twice as much money. The primaries are coming up soon and the campaign needs as much money as possible as soon as possible.

Looking at my own donation history, I contributed 8 different times between September 30 and November 11th. Most, if not all of those were in response to specific requests for contributions or previous money bombs, all in about the same time frame as between now and December 16th. I would not have contributed the same total if I had saved it all for one date.

That is the major flaw in the idea of saving it all for December 16th. I do not believe that most people will donate the same total amount on one date as they might on several successive dates. We can hope and wish and exhort all we want but people have personal limits and psychological limits when it comes to giving money. Some people may need 6 weeks to "recharge" in order to contribute again. Many people do not, particularly those who are first time contributors. Each new contributor becomes a likely prospect for the next push for money. Any businessman will tell you that the best prospect list for new business is the list of previous customers. So the bigger the list of previous donors prior to December 16th, the better potential it has.

I do not mean to imply in this that December 16th is in any way a bad idea. It is a great idea and looks like it will be a resounding success. I plan to contribute at least $100 on that day. I do think however that putting all focus on a date that far away is not a good strategic plan. I believe that it is possible to raise significantly more money in total with some intermediate dates.

Are people going to criticize the campaign if they send out fund raising emails between now and December 16th?

It seems impossible to get a consensus on this but it would require some level of agreement to make this work. Thanks.

MozoVote
11-12-2007, 09:44 AM
I see nothing wrong with people "talking up" an end-of-month push, but let's retire the term "money bomb" until the tea party.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 10:24 AM
My whole point is that this would INCREASE focus on the Tea Party. Instead of having it be a separate money bomb, it would actually just be part of the overall December 16th drive.

How do you think the media will react to $1 million in an hour if they're told it's just a "Dry-run" for a bigger money-bomb? They'll go nuts and cover December 16th like nobody's business. They'll be talking about December 16th like they did November 5th, two weeks before it even happens.

Also, what's gonna happen if there's 100,000 donors and a fifth of them donate right at midnight and the site crashes? Getting $1 million in an hour with $25 donations would take about 40,000 people in an hour and that would effectively guarantee the serve could handle December 16th.

I'm suggesting only that everyone get behind a date and hour that will already be established by another drive and just use that like a dry-run for December 16th.

The $25 per person is not hard to get back and it would be great for improving organizational skills to get maximum effect on December 16th. Especially if there's coordination of the oversea groups. I think, On November 5th a lot of the effect was reduced because of overseas people donating early.

I'm not talking about $100 per person, but $25, which is something I think most can manage and still donate $100 on December 16th. It also could get involvement from people who didn't plan on donating and maybe even bring them over to December 16th.

November 5th had about 18 days to buildup as it did. With far more supporters and 35 days to build up, December 16th will be explosive even with a smaller money bomb in between when it only takes $25.

Naraku
11-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Just to reiterate, I'm only suggesting this be part of the Tea Party and giving some support to the Ron Paul Money Bomb, who've backed November 5th, November 11th, are backing December 16th, and probably will back other money bombs later.

It should be spread about as a server test for December 16th and discussed as such.

The whole point would be to see if the servers can handle the level of traffic they'll get on December 16th. 40,000 people in one hour would be the kind of traffic for 1 million donors in a day. If that could succeed without a hitch we'd know everything will probably be fine on the 16th. Better then finding out at midnight the 16th.

gworrel
11-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Here is something I posted yesterday on another thread:

There were a reported 20,000 new donors on November 5th. Each push for funds (moneybombs) brings in new donors who are not tapped out legally or personally.

Obviously too many moneybombs creates a dilution of effect and would preclude a repeat of Nov 5th. On the other hand, moneybombs too infrequently leaves money on the table and fails to take advantage of the momentum and the effect moneybombs have on bringing new donors out of the woodwork.

Perhaps you are tapped out psychologically, but have your friends and relatives all contributed money to the campaign? A moneybomb gives a good excuse to ask them to give. The group effort is a huge motivator. The next official big push after today is Dec 16th. That is a long time away.

I use the expression "tapped out psychologically" in all seriousness. Many, if not most of us could contribute more but need a push. Most people do not need 5 weeks to save up another $100 to donate.

I feel that waiting until December 16th is too long. It is not just about setting records but also about attracting first time contributors and just bringing in more money to the campaign to be spent on radio and tv ads. So many here have become obsessed with the idea of setting another big record that other strategic objectives get lost in the rhetoric.

I would like to see another money bomb on November 30th to put us up to 12 million a month early. Many, if not most, could contribute $100 today, the 30th and the 16th. That is what I plan to do.

Edward
11-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Count me in! I'm good for $25 somewhere around the end of November.

As I've written elsewhere today, November 5th, November 11th, and the Tea Party all can credit their origins to the original Money Bomb (http://www.ronpaulmoneybomb.com/), which was designed to be a weekly event involving a high number of contributors each donating a small amount of money:
To find 40,000 solid volunteers to step up to the plate and donate $25 once per week, every week, to Dr. Ron Paul's Presidential Campaign fund. 'Bombs Away' times and date will be provided to your email and posted on this website. Congressman Paul will be given a million dollar boost every single week. We are growing rapidly.

I have trouble instructing people not to contribute to other money bombs that work within that framework. I support the idea of generating $1 million within an hour once each week with smaller $25 contributions AND I support the idea of generating $10 million or more on November 16th with larger $100 contributions. I think both goals would be achievable if their were support for both.

Brian Bailey
11-12-2007, 11:38 PM
This has been my reasoning behind 12before12.com (http://www.12before12.com).

It can only be a good thing.

More money. More people. More publicity.
Bigger Tea Party.

hawkeyenick
11-12-2007, 11:51 PM
This has been my reasoning behind 12before12.com (http://www.12before12.com).

It can only be a good thing.

More money. More people. More publicity.
Bigger Tea Party.

Wrong, it separates and detracts from the 16th. Do yours new years eve or something.

Paul4Prez
11-13-2007, 01:06 AM
A November 30th donation surge is a great idea. I'm all for a big day on December 16th, but I'm not all for everyone not donating until then.

Just promote it separately, and don't call it a money bomb -- it looks like the term is trademarked.

Naraku
11-13-2007, 09:07 AM
Wrong, it separates and detracts from the 16th.

I've made this point many times:

People had only 18 days to raise money for the 16th and still managed to donate $118 per person. The Tea Party has at least 35 days, though it's probably more like 41 days for people to raise money.

Spending $25 in between, will not make the Tea Party a failure and, if this idea is put forth as a one-hour server test it will only increase the hype and exposure for the 16th and may draw in new donors who didn't plan on donating to donate on the 16th.

dsentell
11-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I won't criticize anyone for trying to raise money for the campaign.

However, we need to focus on the 16th. Give all you want, any time you want, but let's make the 16th the mother of all money bombs!

By the way, there has been one or two one hour money bombs to test the servers.

Naraku
11-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Yeah there were, but they only got like 1,000 people, which is not nearly enough. There were probably a max of 3,000 on November 5th in one hour and the Tea Party could be double or quadruple that figure and no server test has tried for 6,000 or 12,000 in an hour.

Convert
11-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Count me in for the server test on 11/30. :D

TheEvilDetector
11-13-2007, 10:04 AM
There do exist ways to simulate traffic to test the server's capabilities. It would be a good idea of the HQ to do this, if they haven't already.

Naraku
11-13-2007, 10:07 AM
Maybe, but no reason people can't make for damn certain.

tremendoustie
11-13-2007, 10:28 AM
If you don't need to save up for the 16th, and if you can find like-minded people, I'm not going to discourage anyone from donating :). That said, I really think the media impact of this thing will be greatly amplified if we get maximum money in one day, and especially a maximum number of new donors. These are the numbers that will be circulated around the MSM and internet, and I'm not sure people will add the #s from an earlier effort into that coverage. For my part, I'd like to see as many people as possible max out on the 16th, and really blow this thing to a level where everyone sits up and pays attention.

gworrel
11-13-2007, 03:52 PM
Maybe, but no reason people can't make for damn certain.

I had proposed earlier calling it a "practice run" or "warmup" to the 16th. Just to get as many people as possible to donate $10 or more. It would give a good idea of how many might donate on the 16th and also help get us to the 12 Million as soon as possible. I am not a big fan of the one hour only push because then people not near a computer during that hour will skip it. For most people, $10 to $25 is pocket change. It could always be noted with "Save the big bucks for December 16th for our record breaking attempt. Join us for a warmup on November 30 to test the servers so to speak. Ask all your friends to join us now and again on December 16th."

If an email could be sent to all November 5th as well as December 16th subscribers, November 30th could raise some significant money at the same time adding to the buildup to December 16th.

priest_of_syrinx
11-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I had proposed earlier calling it a "practice run" or "warmup" to the 16th. Just to get as many people as possible to donate $10 or more. It would give a good idea of how many might donate on the 16th and also help get us to the 12 Million as soon as possible. I am not a big fan of the one hour only push because then people not near a computer during that hour will skip it. For most people, $10 to $25 is pocket change. It could always be noted with "Save the big bucks for December 16th for our record breaking attempt. Join us for a warmup on November 30 to test the servers so to speak. Ask all your friends to join us now and again on December 16th."

If an email could be sent to all November 5th as well as December 16th subscribers, November 30th could raise some significant money at the same time adding to the buildup to December 16th.

I've already stated a few times that $10 is my weekly income, and I'm going to be buying Christmas presents for people in my family next month, so I have to be REALLY careful with my money in the coming weeks. I'll give at least $10 on the 16th, guaranteed, but I will not do any donating besides that. Family comes first.

Edited to say that I bought a Ron Paul shirt last night on eBay for $5. :D

Naraku
11-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Dude, like what do you do to get only $10 a week? There are kids getting allowances bigger than that!

gworrel
11-13-2007, 10:00 PM
Dude, like what do you do to get only $10 a week? There are kids getting allowances bigger than that!

He does say that he is not able to vote so it could very well be that the $10 IS his allowance. I would ask for a raise. Ron Paul needs the money.

justinc.1089
11-13-2007, 11:27 PM
I like the idea of a fundraising drive on the 30th. We could use another smaller fundraising day, even if its only similar to the 11th. The campaign needs money now too in order to start really doing massive advertising in NH, Iowa, and SC. And they desperately need to get to advertising on tv here in SC because there hasn't been any tv ads here yet, and SC is going to be the closest state out of NH, Iowa, and SC.

gworrel
11-15-2007, 10:01 PM
I like the idea of a fundraising drive on the 30th. We could use another smaller fundraising day, even if its only similar to the 11th. The campaign needs money now too in order to start really doing massive advertising in NH, Iowa, and SC. And they desperately need to get to advertising on tv here in SC because there hasn't been any tv ads here yet, and SC is going to be the closest state out of NH, Iowa, and SC.

How do we get this going? 12before12.com has one such drive. Getting to 12 million by the end of November then another 10 million on Dec 16th could put us close to a 25 million dollar quarter. Now that would be amazing.

fourameuphoria
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
How do we get this going? 12before12.com has one such drive. Getting to 12 million by the end of November then another 10 million on Dec 16th could put us close to a 25 million dollar quarter. Now that would be amazing.

That's a little too optimistic

Naraku
11-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I think getting to $10 million by the end of November is doable with a mini-money bomb some time later this month. However, I don't think $12 million will be reached before December 16th unless a lot of new people jump on and donate.

hawkeyenick
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM

This detracts from the dec16th goal of breaking the record, the money donated before then takes away from what could have been donated on the 16th

bad bad bad bad bad idea all around

We want headlines, raising money just isn't enough

fourameuphoria
11-16-2007, 04:19 PM
This detracts from the dec16th goal of breaking the record, the money donated before then takes away from what could have been donated on the 16th

We want headlines, raising money just isn't enough

Thank you. It'd be more headline worthy if we, say, raised $12 Million, our quarter goal in one day, rather than catch up early and have a weakened moneybomb.

Edward
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM

We want headlines, raising money just isn't enoughI don't agree that it is a bad idea all around.The Tea Party is a month away and we need to keep Ron Paul's name in the headlines now. Raising $1 million in an hour or reaching the $10 million quarterly goal would garner much needed publicity for the campaign and the grassroots effort which would actually be very beneficial to increasing the Tea Party's success.

francisco
11-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Personally, I think we need to focus on the Tea Party

+1

fourameuphoria
11-16-2007, 06:40 PM
I don't agree that it is a bad idea all around.The Tea Party is a month away and we need to keep Ron Paul's name in the headlines now. Raising $1 million in an hour or reaching the $10 million quarterly goal would garner much needed publicity for the campaign and the grassroots effort which would actually be very beneficial to increasing the Tea Party's success.

I appreciate the spirit, but there were times when the media tried to negate Nov. 5th simply because "He's polling at 2%". Do you really think the MSM will care about 1 million in an hour? They are more likely to spin it as an aborted moneybomb attempt. Ron Paul will likely get plenty of headlines around the end of November due to the CNN Debate, anyways.

Edward
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I appreciate the spirit, but there were times when the media tried to negate Nov. 5th simply because "He's polling at 2%". Do you really think the MSM will care about 1 million in an hour? They are more likely to spin it as an aborted moneybomb attempt. Ron Paul will likely get plenty of headlines around the end of November due to the CNN Debate, anyways.I don't think there is any precedent on raising $1 million in an hour, so I do think it would generate some good publicity. I don't see how it would be perceived negatively. Some have suggested a $1million hour for November 30th, which would be perfect timing coming off the CNN Debate on the 28th... and a great time to get some newbies aware of the Tea Party.

Wayne Hammond
11-16-2007, 06:50 PM
I appreciate the spirit, but there were times when the media tried to negate Nov. 5th simply because "He's polling at 2%". Do you really think the MSM will care about 1 million in an hour? They are more likely to spin it as an aborted moneybomb attempt. Ron Paul will likely get plenty of headlines around the end of November due to the CNN Debate, anyways.

Agreed, I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from donating any money to the campaign on any particular day (other than buying signs, buttons, stickers, slim jims, etc), but... the press will probably ignore smaller money-bombs between now and Dec. 16th. A lot of effort went into the Nov 11th event, and while it did generate a lot of cash, the mainstream press largely ignored it.

As for me, I'm saving up as much as I can between now and Dec. 16, holding off on any smaller donations until then, and then dropping my own personal one-day money bomb for TeaParty07 on the 16th.

The official campaign, (with over $8 million in the coffers thus far this quarter) can get by okay with the daily cash that's trickling in now, at least until the 16th... but one thing we cannot do, is fail to raise $10 million on Dec. 16th.

We must pull out all the stops on that day, or this campaign is sunk.

Save your pennies, kiddies - then dump 'em all at www.RonPaul2008.com on Dec. 16th. :)

NinjaPirate
11-16-2007, 08:39 PM
This "dry run" should not be seen as a publicity stunt. Keep in mind that we're doing this as a stress test. We shouldn't contact the media if this happens to break $1mil.

Paul4Prez
11-17-2007, 12:07 AM
December 16th is a long way off, and we need to keep the money going into the campaign until then. November 30th is a good day. So is today.

NinjaPirate
11-17-2007, 12:27 AM
We should decide on a time for this. It seems that donations start rolling in at around 8-9 a.m.

AlexK
11-17-2007, 05:28 AM
He already beat the goal for November. Concentrate on the Tea Party. Save up whatever you were going to donate at the end of November and add it to your donation on the 16th. Do you want to reach 10 million or not?

hawkeyenick
11-17-2007, 08:22 AM
He already beat the goal for November. Concentrate on the Tea Party. Save up whatever you were going to donate at the end of November and add it to your donation on the 16th. Do you want to reach 10 million or not?

exactly

some people just don't get it

i hate to fight over it...but logistically many headlines is better than just the one at the end of the quarter for fundraising totals

jrich4rpaul
11-17-2007, 10:29 AM
The goals were 4 mil by Oct 31st, 8 mil by November 30th, and 12 mil by December 31st.

THEY'RE AHEAD OF WHERE THEY NEED TO BE WITH FUNDRAISING.

Does anyone understand that we can raise so much money on the 16th that no one will ever be able to ignore/forget it? That we can make a record that no candidate will ever break?

Please do not put yourself in a situation where you'll be donating half of what you could have on the 16th. Just wait. Purchase a couple things from the store to hold yourself over if ya got an itchy donation finger.

Naraku
11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
My suggestion has been simply to donate about $25 max to reach $1 million in an hour. It certainly would get press coverage, especially if it was being spread as a mere stress test for a bigger money bomb.

Connecting it directly to the Tea Party will create more donors through the press coverage. Any money lost will be made up for in more donors for December 16th.

jenninlouisiana
11-17-2007, 10:42 AM
I admit I was a little concerned about the apparent drop off of donations, but he's at 8.5 million this morning, so people are still donating. Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm saving up for the 16th. I think we're going to be o.k. doing that. Plus, with the USA today ad... you never know... some people may go ahead and drop some money when they see the ad...

Brian Bailey
11-17-2007, 12:07 PM
December 16th is a long way off, and we need to keep the money going into the campaign until then. November 30th is a good day. So is today.

Agreed.

fourameuphoria
11-17-2007, 02:12 PM
My suggestion has been simply to donate about $25 max to reach $1 million in an hour. It certainly would get press coverage, especially if it was being spread as a mere stress test for a bigger money bomb.

Connecting it directly to the Tea Party will create more donors through the press coverage. Any money lost will be made up for in more donors for December 16th.

1 Million in one hour is impressive, but not impressive for the media. Ultimately, it'd be nothing more than a million dollar day, except in an hour instead, thus, an aborted attempt for another November 5th moneybomb. They might spin it as negative, it might turn off some potential converts. I mean, if we're going for records that sound cool outside of any sort of context, why don't we do 16,666 dollars in one minute? That's the same ratio as a million in an hour.

NinjaPirate
11-17-2007, 03:00 PM
1 Million in one hour is impressive, but not impressive for the media. Ultimately, it'd be nothing more than a million dollar day, except in an hour instead, thus, an aborted attempt for another November 5th moneybomb. They might spin it as negative, it might turn off some potential converts. I mean, if we're going for records that sound cool outside of any sort of context, why don't we do 16,666 dollars in one minute? That's the same ratio as a million in an hour.

We're not doing this as a media stunt. It's just a dry run for the 16th.

Man from La Mancha
11-17-2007, 03:17 PM
I admit I was a little concerned about the apparent drop off of donations, but he's at 8.5 million this morning, so people are still donating. Slow and steady wins the race.

I'm saving up for the 16th. I think we're going to be o.k. doing that. Plus, with the USA today ad... you never know... some people may go ahead and drop some money when they see the ad...
Agreed

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million people at $100

fourameuphoria
11-17-2007, 03:41 PM
We're not doing this as a media stunt. It's just a dry run for the 16th.

There's probably ways that the servers can do a test-run regardless of donations though, aren't there?

And if it's not a media stunt, we should remove "Promotional Bomb" from the thread title.

NinjaPirate
11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
There's probably ways that the servers can do a test-run regardless of donations though, aren't there?

And if it's not a media stunt, we should remove "Promotional Bomb" from the thread title.

Would if I could, but I didn't create the thread. :D

Naraku
11-17-2007, 06:38 PM
The fact is, the media would cover $1 million in one hour because that is a record and a massive one. Plus, there's no way knowing if it would be only $1 million considering other donations and larger amount of donors than needed. Also if it was sold as a stress test then it would certainly be covered in the media and would give exposure to the Tea Party.

There would be a lot of reasons to do something like this, being a stress test is just one reason. Any media coverage would then be connected to the Tea Party and serve as promotional for that donation drive. Not to mention getting some money for the campaign.

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 06:43 PM
I think it is an excellent idea. I think waiting 5 more weeks for another moneybomb is not the best strategic plan.

I don't think it will detract from December 16th...

I see nothing wrong with people "talking up" an end-of-month push...

Let's do it.
All we need is a small, but very determined group to get it rolling.

http://www.1life1time.com/images/time.jpg

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 06:46 PM
My whole point is that this would INCREASE focus on the Tea Party. Instead of having it be a separate money bomb, it would actually just be part of the overall December 16th drive.

How do you think the media will react to $1 million in an hour if they're told it's just a "Dry-run" for a bigger money-bomb? They'll go nuts and cover December 16th like nobody's business. They'll be talking about December 16th like they did November 5th, two weeks before it even happens...

We have plenty of supporters who can afford it.

hawkeyenick
11-17-2007, 06:48 PM
We have plenty of supporters who can afford it.

but you see, there is a 2300 max, of which we want most, if not all on the 16th

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 06:52 PM
but you see, there is a 2300 max, of which we want most, if not all on the 16th

Well under 5% are maxed out.
This movement is supposed to encourage freedom not collective repression, right?

I don't think there is any precedent on raising $1 million in an hour, so I do think it would generate some good publicity. I don't see how it would be perceived negatively. Some have suggested a $1million hour for November 30th, which would be perfect timing coming off the CNN Debate on the 28th... and a great time to get some newbies aware of the Tea Party.

I don't see how any Ron Paul supporter could argue against this. :)

Indy Vidual
11-17-2007, 06:57 PM

Why do you talk that way?
Some people will choose to remain much more positive than this clearly negative propaganda.

hawkeyenick
11-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Well under 5% are maxed out.
This movement is supposed to encourage freedom not collective repression, right?

I don't see how any Ron Paul supporter could argue against this. :)

cite your statistic

fourameuphoria
11-17-2007, 08:20 PM
The fact is, the media would cover $1 million in one hour because that is a record and a massive one. Plus, there's no way knowing if it would be only $1 million considering other donations and larger amount of donors than needed. Also if it was sold as a stress test then it would certainly be covered in the media and would give exposure to the Tea Party.

There would be a lot of reasons to do something like this, being a stress test is just one reason. Any media coverage would then be connected to the Tea Party and serve as promotional for that donation drive. Not to mention getting some money for the campaign.

-There has to be plenty of ways that Ronpaul2008.com can test their servers regardless of donations.
-I don't see a $1 Million hour as impressive. In one sense it is, but to the media, it's a $1 Million Dollar day, albeit with a slicker production. A million dollars donated within a smaller timeframe of a day is still a million dollar day, and will be spun as a misfired money bomb.
-There's *plenty* of ways we can promote TeaParty07 other than diluting December 16th. The campaign itself will get plenty of coverage come November 28th, plus, we'll have an ad in USA Today.
-The campaign's already got plenty of money. It's donating the money strategically, that matters.

If we hit what we need on December 16th, then I'll gladly join any some moneybomb aiming for $1 Million in 10 minutes on Christmas day, or something like that.

Wayne Hammond
11-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Why do you talk that way?
Some people will choose to remain much more positive than this clearly negative propaganda.

You guys just don't quit.

The reason I said "We must pull out all the stops on that day, or this campaign is sunk" is because it is true, not because I'm trying to be negative. Why the heck do you think so many people have joined together for this one-day event?!? Because they think it's not necessary?!?

I'm sick and tired (and most reasonable people here are too) of all the people trying to subvert, dilute, water-down and challenge the TeaParty07 concept by trying to stir people up with numerous pet projects that will in the end pull funds from Dec. 16th. Your posts here are just part of the overall frustration.

The majority here are realistic. Those realistic people believe that we need to concentrate on our December 16th goal, not diluting it with numerous other "money bombs" prior to that. And, PLEASE don't anyone start another "poll" to piss off Trever (and everyone else here).

Anyone who takes the time to do a casual read through the forums here can see that it's a very small minority which wants to do an end-of-November money bomb, or a two-day fund raising event on both Dec. 15 & 16th.

It looks to me like you're just trying to get a rise out of everyone so you can keep your own money-bomb agenda alive here.

Please note: This sub-forum is for discussion of the events of Dec. 15th and the one-day TeaParty07 fund raising event Dec. 16. (take a look at the name of the forum). I suggest you and any "Trevor-wanna-bees" take discussion of all the other "money-bomb" events to a more appropriate forum. This forum is for Dec 15 & 16th.

fourameuphoria
11-17-2007, 08:44 PM

The reason I said "We must pull out all the stops on that day, or this campaign is sunk" is because it is true, not because I'm trying to be negative. Why the heck do you think so many people have joined together for this one-day event?!? Because they think it's not necessary?!?

I'm sick and tired (and most reasonable people here are too) of all the people trying to subvert, dilute, water-down and challenge the TeaParty07 concept by trying to stir people up with numerous pet projects that will in the end pull funds from Dec. 16th. Your posts here are just part of the overall frustration.

The majority here are realistic. Those realistic people believe that we need to concentrate on our December 16th goal, not diluting it with numerous other "money bombs" prior to that. And, PLEASE don't anyone start another "poll" to piss off Trever (and everyone else here).

Anyone who takes the time to do a casual read through the forums here can see that it's a very small minority which wants to do an end-of-November money bomb, or a two-day fund raising event on both Dec. 15 & 16th.

It looks to me like you're just trying to get a rise out of everyone so you can keep your own money-bomb agenda alive here.

Please note: This sub-forum is for discussion of the events of Dec. 15th and the one-day TeaParty07 fund raising event Dec. 16. (take a look at the name of the forum). I suggest you and any "Trevor-wanna-bees" take discussion of all the other "money-bomb" events to a more appropriate forum. This forum is for Dec 15 & 16th.

Which is not to discourage other moneybombs. If people want to do a Christmas/New Years/Primary day moneybomb, then have at it.

Wayne Hammond
11-17-2007, 08:54 PM
Which is not to discourage other moneybombs. If people want to do a Christmas/New Years/Primary day moneybomb, then have at it.

Agreed. Yes, by all means, other money-bombs should be planned. But please, make it after the Dec. 16th nuke. :)

Sorry for the rant. :o

gworrel
11-17-2007, 08:57 PM
-There has to be plenty of ways that Ronpaul2008.com can test their servers regardless of donations.
-I don't see a $1 Million hour as impressive. In one sense it is, but to the media, it's a $1 Million Dollar day, albeit with a slicker production. A million dollars donated within a smaller timeframe of a day is still a million dollar day, and will be spun as a misfired money bomb.
-There's *plenty* of ways we can promote TeaParty07 other than diluting December 16th. The campaign itself will get plenty of coverage come November 28th, plus, we'll have an ad in USA Today.
-The campaign's already got plenty of money. It's donating the money strategically, that matters.

If we hit what we need on December 16th, then I'll gladly join any some moneybomb aiming for $1 Million in 10 minutes on Christmas day, or something like that.

If the campaign has plenty of money then why did I just get an email on the 14th asking for more money for radio ads?

Dr. Paul is moving up in the polls. That's due in part to the four radio ads we've been airing in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina and Nevada.

But to maintain the momentum, we need to keep our ads playing several times a day, every day, for the next two months.

Listen to our latest ad. And then donate today so we can buy more air time.

It does not sound to me like they have all the money they need. They don't even mention my state of Michigan which is supposed to have a primary on January 15th.

They mention keeping the momentum going. The campaign does not wait 6 weeks between email requests for donations. We should be asking people to donate more than once every 6 weeks. I don't understand the big worry about taking away from December 16th. Those who can only donate $100 should wait. A warm-up event could bring in extra money that the campaign will not see otherwise. I think it is much easier to get 2 or 3 $100 donations every few weeks than one $300 donation.

Wayne Hammond
11-17-2007, 09:03 PM
If the campaign has plenty of money then why did I just get an email on the 14th asking for more money for radio ads?

It does not sound to me like they have all the money they need. They don't even mention my state of Michigan which is supposed to have a primary on January 15th.

Please folks, this exact same discussion is going on over in the Grassroots main forum. Please take the discussion there.

Here's the link to where you need to go: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=38340

Please note: This sub-forum is for discussion of the events of Dec. 15th and the one-day TeaParty07 fund raising event Dec. 16. (take a look at the name of the forum).

Edward
11-17-2007, 11:28 PM

.Wayne, there are a number of false premises in your post. The first is that only those who favor no contributions prior to the 16th are reasonable or realistic. The second is that those who favor contributions prior to the 16th are “trying to subvert, dilute, waterdown and challenge the TeaParty07 concept” or are “trying to get a rise out of everyone” or are “Trevor-wanna-bees”. The third is that a money bomb project prior to the 16th will necessarily “pull funds from” or “dilute” the 16th.

Those who state that supporters should only contribute on December 16th seem to think in terms of the finite amount of money that can be pooled from a finite base of supporters. I think this is a mistake. Those of us who run our own businesses understand that sometimes we need to spend money to make money. The relevant example here is that we invest in advertising to bring in new customers. As I’ve stated previously, I believe the original money bomb concept (i.e. to raise $1 million in an hour by getting 40,000 people to each contribute $25) would be a fantastic investment to garner publicity for the campaign and the grassroots effort prior to December 16th. Far from diluting whatever the final total may be, I believe the publicity from this would generate more awareness, more potential contributors, and even MORE money for the Tea Party.

You can certainly disagree with my line of thinking, however, I hope you will reconsider that my thoughts are not without reason or that I am merely trying to undermine the Tea Party. Cheers!

Wayne Hammond
11-18-2007, 08:05 AM
Those who state that supporters should only contribute on December 16th seem to think in terms of the finite amount of money that can be pooled from a finite base of supporters. I think this is a mistake. Those of us who run our own businesses understand that sometimes we need to spend money to make money. The relevant example here is that we invest in advertising to bring in new customers. As I’ve stated previously, I believe the original money bomb concept (i.e. to raise $1 million in an hour by getting 40,000 people to each contribute $25) would be a fantastic investment to garner publicity for the campaign and the grassroots effort prior to December 16th. Far from diluting whatever the final total may be, I believe the publicity from this would generate more awareness, more potential contributors, and even MORE money for the Tea Party.

You can certainly disagree with my line of thinking, however, I hope you will reconsider that my thoughts are not without reason or that I am merely trying to undermine the Tea Party. Cheers!

I'm not trying to be difficult here. We all have differing opinions. I admit that I was frustrated and angry about all the numerous attacks upon Trevor and the concept of TeaParty07, some saying things to Trevor like "who do you think you are" and "Trevor is not God" and "Trevor is closed minded and power hungry" - That kind of talk just pissed me off royally, because I have a lot of respect for Trevor and I think the criticism has come, in large part, from people who wouldn't have the ability to run a lemonade stand and make a profit, let alone help raise $4.2 million in one day. Then all this talk here, on this forum, about money-bombs prior to Dec. 16th - I do think it takes away from the 16th. But, if you want to give money prior to the 16th - have at it... start donating today.

I only ask that you take this discussion of other pre-Dec.16th money bombs to a forum that is not specifically designed for discussion of the Dec. 15-16 events. By posting this discussion here, you are frustrating those of us who want to use this forum for its intended purpose. If you need to, start a new thread on the main Grassroots forum, or join in on one of the numerous other threads over there that are discussing other money-bomb dates.

This sub-forum is for discussion of the events of Dec. 15th and the one-day TeaParty07 fund raising event Dec. 16. (take a look at the name of the forum).

Just some thoughts. I'm asking people to honor the spirit of this forum. That's the main point.

Thanks.

Naraku
11-18-2007, 10:53 AM
This sub-forum is for discussion of the events of Dec. 15th and the one-day TeaParty07 fund raising event Dec. 16. (take a look at the name of the forum).

Why do you think I'm bringing it up as a promotional money bomb and stress test?

Ultimately the point would be to have it directly connected to December 16th so as to build up momentum and hype. In that way it is related to the topic. Getting exposure for the Tea Party would help increase the number of donors and get those who may be uneasy to get energized about donating. It also would help to provide a real-world test for the servers.

The reason I said "We must pull out all the stops on that day, or this campaign is sunk" is because it is true

It's not true, it's just fearmongering.

The majority here are realistic. Those realistic people believe that we need to concentrate on our December 16th goal, not diluting it with numerous other "money bombs" prior to that.

I'm talking singular, not plural here. I'm also talking $25, not $100 here. I'm not even talking about starting a new money bomb, but simply getting behind one day out of the weekly money bombs carried out by people who not only coined the term, but have gotten behind all these other donation drives, including donating twice in one week for November 5th and November11th. I mean how much do you think will actually be diluted if people who can give $300 on December 16th, only give $275?

It makes absolutely no sense.

A two-day fundraising event is not very good and would in fact dilute the funds. However, having something small 20 days before to build up momentum will not.

Wayne Hammond
11-18-2007, 12:29 PM
Well, I wish you no harm. Good luck in your efforts, Naraku.

fourameuphoria
11-18-2007, 01:23 PM
Wayne, there are a number of false premises in your post. The first is that only those who favor no contributions prior to the 16th are reasonable or realistic. The second is that those who favor contributions prior to the 16th are “trying to subvert, dilute, waterdown and challenge the TeaParty07 concept” or are “trying to get a rise out of everyone” or are “Trevor-wanna-bees”. The third is that a money bomb project prior to the 16th will necessarily “pull funds from” or “dilute” the 16th.

The media won't care about $1 Million in an hour, so in the end, it will be taking $1 Million from our 12/16 total all for naught. If the media cared about $1 Million in an hour, they would have also by now reported that we have 60,000 meetup group members, that our donor base is nowhere near tapped out yet, and that the polling methods are wrong. But no, the all the media cares about is shock and awe. That's why "10 Million in 1 day!" sells a helluva lot more than "Ron Paul supporters consistently maintain the monthly fundraising averages!" I see a $1 Million hour as nothing more than a streamlined $1 Mil day. There's a possibility the media could portray it as a failure, and turn more people away. There's plenty of more effective ways we can promote the December 16th money bomb.

I mean how much do you think will actually be diluted if people who can give $300 on December 16th, only give $275?

First, if 40,000 people give $25 each, then a million will be diluted. And if we end up hitting 9 Million by 11:30 PM on 12/16 and need that extra million, we'll kind of sort of be screwed.

Second, you're making assumptions that everyone will pitch in their fair share, so all's well, and it's safe to put a little bit extra elsewhere, instead of using the extra to cover the inevitable flaking out by some people.

Third, even if we new that we had $10 Million in the bag, all of our extra money should still go to December 16th. Every million we add on will likely be more records broken, more new stories to go with it, and exponentially, more press. If we hit $12 Million, now the story is "Ron Paul supporters raise Quarterly goal in one day". Beyond that, we might have raised more than some of the top tier campaigns' quarterly totals in one day, so that'll generate even more stories come January 1st.

So in a nutshell, for the sake of getting good press, all the extra money will be far more effective if donated on December 16th, rather than maintaining an effective bottom line beforehand.

Electric Church
11-18-2007, 02:32 PM
Agreed, I wouldn't want to discourage anyone from donating any money to the campaign on any particular day (other than buying signs, buttons, stickers, slim jims, etc), but... the press will probably ignore smaller money-bombs between now and Dec. 16th. A lot of effort went into the Nov 11th event, and while it did generate a lot of cash, the mainstream press largely ignored it.

As for me, I'm saving up as much as I can between now and Dec. 16, holding off on any smaller donations until then, and then dropping my own personal one-day money bomb for TeaParty07 on the 16th.

The official campaign, (with over $8 million in the coffers thus far this quarter) can get by okay with the daily cash that's trickling in now, at least until the 16th... but one thing we cannot do, is fail to raise $10 million on Dec. 16th.

Save your pennies, kiddies - then dump 'em all at www.RonPaul2008.com on Dec. 16th. :)

++1

Edward
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm not trying to be difficult here. We all have differing opinions. I admit that I was frustrated and angry about all the numerous attacks upon Trevor and the concept of TeaParty07, some saying things to Trevor like "who do you think you are" and "Trevor is not God" and "Trevor is closed minded and power hungry" - That kind of talk just pissed me off royally, because I have a lot of respect for Trevor and I think the criticism has come, in large part, from people who wouldn't have the ability to run a lemonade stand and make a profit, let alone help raise $4.2 million in one day. Then all this talk here, on this forum, about money-bombs prior to Dec. 16th - I do think it takes away from the 16th. But, if you want to give money prior to the 16th - have at it... start donating today.

I only ask that you take this discussion of other pre-Dec.16th money bombs to a forum that is not specifically designed for discussion of the Dec. 15-16 events. By posting this discussion here, you are frustrating those of us who want to use this forum for its intended purpose. If you need to, start a new thread on the main Grassroots forum, or join in on one of the numerous other threads over there that are discussing other money-bomb dates.

Just some thoughts. I'm asking people to honor the spirit of this forum. That's the main point.

Thanks.I understand your frustration. Disagreements are bound to exist, but there is no reason for anyone to attack Trevor or anyone else who is just trying to do what they think is best for the campaign. As I've mentioned previously, I'm glad that the grassroots effort now has someone to lead our charge.

The media won't care about $1 Million in an hour, so in the end, it will be taking $1 Million from our 12/16 total all for naught. If the media cared about $1 Million in an hour, they would have also by now reported that we have 60,000 meetup group members, that our donor base is nowhere near tapped out yet, and that the polling methods are wrong. But no, the all the media cares about is shock and awe. That's why "10 Million in 1 day!" sells a helluva lot more than "Ron Paul supporters consistently maintain the monthly fundraising averages!" I see a $1 Million hour as nothing more than a streamlined $1 Mil day. There's a possibility the media could portray it as a failure, and turn more people away.To repeat what I've said elsewhere: I disagree that raising $1 million in an hour would be portrayed as a failure and I disagree that it would simply pull money from the Tea Party. If everyone were to get behind it, I think it would generate enough publicity and awareness to expand the donor base to make the Tea Party even more successful. Although my view on this specific issue appears to deviate from the consensus, what we can agree on is that the success of the Tea Party is paramount. Cheers to that!

Wayne Hammond
11-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Although my view on this specific issue appears to deviate from the consensus, what we can agree on is that the success of the Tea Party is paramount. Cheers to that!

I'll drink (a cup of tea) to that! :p

fourameuphoria
11-18-2007, 03:52 PM
I was wondering what you all would think of this then; We're almost at 9 Mil with the Nevada fundraisers and all. If we do get 40,000 $25ers, would there be any way to combine the million dollar hour timing-wise with hitting the $10 Million mark? Because that could possibly be a pretty good double-story.

gworrel
11-18-2007, 04:26 PM
It is my opinion that the bigger story than Dec 16 no matter how well it does will be how much is raised for Ron Paul for the 4th quarter compared to the other candidates. If we top all Republican candidates for the 4th quarter then that will be huge. One day records are great but it is the total money raised that really matters.

December 16th is a great idea and will certainly contribute a lot but focusing only on that and ignoring fund raising between now and then will probably result in less total money raised than if it is seen as part of the bigger picture. Smaller warm-up fund raisers could be used to build momentum and generate multiple donations.

If people are asked by those pushing December 16th do donate $100 on December 16th then that is the most that most people will give on that day. I realize that some are planning to donate more but the stated goal is 100000 people each donating $100 to raise 10 Million. If people who can afford it were asked as part of a December 16th record breaking strategy to give on multiple days as a show of growing force and numbers, it would not only not detract from December 16th but could add to it as new contributors get on the bandwagon.

I think that if an email went out to all December 16th signers promoting a November 30 warm-up "test the servers" event that it would be a net positive for the campaign and for December 16th. Thanks.

fourameuphoria
11-18-2007, 05:15 PM
If a November 30th money bomb can be done without diluting, then so be it, but I don't think that there's any sort of correlation between everyone donating on 12/16 and a lower Q4 turnout.

gworrel
11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
If a November 30th money bomb can be done without diluting, then so be it, but I don't think that there's any sort of correlation between everyone donating on 12/16 and a lower Q4 turnout.

It is my opinion that ONLY focusing on Dec 16th will result in a lower 4th quarter than what could be accomplished with Dec 16th combined November 30 or some other date. I just think that getting people to donate twice will generate more money than if they are only asked to donate once. It is due to both psychological and financial reasons.

fourameuphoria
11-18-2007, 07:14 PM
It is my opinion that ONLY focusing on Dec 16th will result in a lower 4th quarter than what could be accomplished with Dec 16th combined November 30 or some other date. I just think that getting people to donate twice will generate more money than if they are only asked to donate once. It is due to both psychological and financial reasons.

Possibly. But I think that if 12/16 is successful, there will be *plenty* of incentive to fill in the Q4 Gaps in the final two weeks.

Plus: I think we'll easily have beaten the 12 Million goal, a goal which, in itself, was overly ambitious. If fundraising died from here until 12/16, and we raise $10 Mil, and hit $18.5 Million, we'll have been $6.5 Million over our original total, so there's no way people would try and detract that. Plus, if we hit $18.5 million, I think that in the last two weeks, the gap to $20 Million would be sewn up easily.

gworrel
11-18-2007, 08:21 PM
Possibly. But I think that if 12/16 is successful, there will be *plenty* of incentive to fill in the Q4 Gaps in the final two weeks.

Plus: I think we'll easily have beaten the 12 Million goal, a goal which, in itself, was overly ambitious. If fundraising died from here until 12/16, and we raise $10 Mil, and hit $18.5 Million, we'll have been $6.5 Million over our original total, so there's no way people would try and detract that. Plus, if we hit $18.5 million, I think that in the last two weeks, the gap to $20 Million would be sewn up easily.

It will be great if we can hit 20 million for the quarter. I don't agree that 12 million was overly ambitious. It seemed very ambitious at the time it was set but knowing what we know now, 12 million was too low a goal. It only makes sense to make goals ambitious. If we knew exactly what it would cost to win the nomination then that would be the obvious goal. I don't think anyone can estimate that with certainty but no amount would be too much. I would love to see infomercials in prime time. Maybe we need an infomercial fund raiser. I think that would really get people to dig deep.

priest_of_syrinx
11-18-2007, 08:29 PM
He does say that he is not able to vote so it could very well be that the $10 IS his allowance. I would ask for a raise. Ron Paul needs the money.

I'm 15, $10 is my allowance. I just got a raise last month!

There is no way that I can find time set aside from school to get a job, so this is as good as it gets right now. Some kids get $20 or so, but I get "bonuses" for recycling cans and on report cards (which are always straight A's :D ). I might get some Christmas money and that should help with paying for presents. I'll probably get $40 or so, and I have $50 in my wallet.

Then there are Genesis remasters coming out this week and... Gahhhhh!! :(

Naraku
11-18-2007, 09:57 PM
If the media cared about $1 Million in an hour, they would have also by now reported that we have 60,000 meetup group members, that our donor base is nowhere near tapped out yet, and that the polling methods are wrong.

You can't expect them to basically regurgitate all the arguments Paul supporters give. The media is impressed by big money, especially when it's raised by someone who should not be able to do it. $1 million is a lot of money and especially if it is raised in an hour and is only a "dry-run" for another money bomb later on. Being called a "dry-run" means the media will pay even more attention to December 16th because $1 million in an hour in an entire day means $24 million, which is quite a bit of money.

It also would be astounding by the volume of donors needed. Getting 40,000 people to each donate a small amount of money within a single hour is far more amazing a feat than to get them each to donate large amounts of money in a day.

Obviously a larger amount will get more coverage, but the whole point is to draw more attention to the Tea Party, Ron Paul, and simply getting more money for the campaign to use.

NinjaPirate
11-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Wait is this a publicity stunt?? I thought we were just doing this purely as a dry-run with little to no media coverage at all. If the campaign decides to report then so be it, but I didn't think we were doing this to get attention. o.O Giving the impression that we'll make $24mil will be a false one. :/ Although it would be nice, I doubt we'll get 240,000 people to donate on that day.

Edward
11-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Wait is this a publicity stunt?I'll preface my comments by stating that I think it is extremely unlikely that this idea is going to get any widespread support, but I think the original idea was two fold: 1) to test the servers and 2) to gain media attention in order to spotlight the upcoming Tea Party. If we were to raise $1 million in an hour, I don't know why we wouldn't want the attention.

NinjaPirate
11-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I'll preface my comments by stating that I think it is extremely unlikely that this idea is going to get any widespread support, but I think the original idea was two fold: 1) to test the servers and 2) to gain media attention in order to spotlight the upcoming Tea Party. If we were to raise $1 million in an hour, I don't know why we wouldn't want the attention.

Right, but I thought the possible media attention $1mil in 1 hour was just run-off of what we did.

Charles Wilson
11-19-2007, 08:42 AM
IMO having more "money bombs" before the Tea Party on December 16th will only serve to diminish the effectiveness of the Tea Party. The advertising value of a Hugely successful Tea Party will far exceed any amount of money generated by small "money bombs" prior to the main event on the 16th of December. Patience and self restraint is absolutely necessary for maximum effect. "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes". http://dailypaul.com/node/5568

Naraku
11-19-2007, 10:04 AM
Wait is this a publicity stunt??

Well, technically the Tea Party itself is a publicity stunt. I think having this idea spread around as a server test is the best way to do it, however.

gworrel
11-20-2007, 01:34 PM
I think the email from the campaign today echoes what a few of us have been saying about the need to raise more money sooner. This does not mean we should abandon Dec 16th but we need another money bomb date before the end of November. I suggest that an email be sent to all those who have signed up for Dec 16th asking them to donate on the 28th or 30th in addition to the 16th. We can do both.

We should get the campaign to 12 million minimum before the end of November!

Naraku
11-20-2007, 02:06 PM
Well, 12 million probably can't be done, but $10 million is certainly reachable. $12 million before December 16th, however, is quite possible.

Edward
11-26-2007, 11:33 PM
Well, 12 million probably can't be done, but $10 million is certainly reachable. $12 million before December 16th, however, is quite possible.Naraku, I've been out of town for a few days, but it seems that a few who were adamantly against a November 30th money bomb have changed their mind!

Original_Intent
11-26-2007, 11:45 PM
I really like the idea posted earlier on in the thread about having an hour of "burst" activity to stress test the servers for the Tea Party. That really COULD be huge even if only $500,000 was raised, raising $500,000 in an hour online and promoting it as a "server stress test" the media would be like :eek: "They donated half a million JUST to stress test the server for the next big fundraiser???" :eek:

This would draw attention to the Tea Party and would be awesome. If we raised a million during that hour it would be 10x as good!

Anyone have an idea of what a good hour to pound the heck out of the server would be? Heck, I have been against the 30th, but if it was promoted like that I would be in for $25.

Edward
11-26-2007, 11:58 PM
I really like the idea posted earlier on in the thread about having an hour of "burst" activity to stress test the servers for the Tea Party. That really COULD be huge even if only $500,000 was raised, raising $500,000 in an hour online and promoting it as a "server stress test" the media would be like :eek: "They donated half a million JUST to stress test the server for the next big fundraiser???" :eek:

This would draw attention to the Tea Party and would be awesome. If we raised a million during that hour it would be 10x as good!

Anyone have an idea of what a good hour to pound the heck out of the server would be? Heck, I have been against the 30th, but if it was promoted like that I would be in for $25.Indeed. Raising $1 million in an hour would be a success even if we failed to get to $12 million. I know people are tired of polls, but I wonder if one should be taken to see what time of the day works best.

NinjaPirate
11-27-2007, 02:30 PM
It's good to see some people have finally jumped on board for this idea. :D $1mil in 1 hour would be awesome!

me3
11-27-2007, 02:33 PM
With different work schedules and different timezones, it would be very difficult to coordinate.

$1 million is basically 7.25 max donations every minute.

Almost 3 $100 donations per second.

Let's shoot for as much as possible this day, and then reload for 12/16.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 07:57 PM
It doesn't need to be too hard, there's lots of people out there. It would be great if Trevor gave out a little e-mail through TeaParty07.com calling for a $25 per person stress test during the whole thing.

I think this is the best way to get to $12 million. If $10 million can be reached by November 30th, then $1 million in one hours would make $12 million almost guaranteed to happen that day.

Naraku
11-27-2007, 08:37 PM
There are 106,781 donors overall. If they all donate $25 that amounts to $2,669,525 in one hours. Hell, just around $10 would net nearly $1.1 million.

So, it's possible to get to $12 million in one hour if everyone who has donated donates $25. Certainly that's incentive for a lot of people to donate. It also could generate a lot more donors who might not be able to donate at that time, but would be energized by such a huge jump.

It would be great to have decision on this reached tomorrow.

Eleanor
11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
There are 106,781 donors overall. If they all donate $25 that amounts to $2,669,525 in one hours. Hell, just around $10 would net nearly $1.1 million.

So, it's possible to get to $12 million in one hour if everyone who has donated donates $25. Certainly that's incentive for a lot of people to donate. It also could generate a lot more donors who might not be able to donate at that time, but would be energized by such a huge jump.

It would be great to have decision on this reached tomorrow.

Would you like to start a separate thread on this so the idea doesn't get lost? It makes a lot of sense.