PDA

View Full Version : Massie Captivates Audience and Outlines 4th District Seat Goals

PermanentSleep
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
http://www.thejournalnewsky.com/article/Local_News/Feature_Stories/Massie_Captivates_Audience_and_Outlines_4th_Distri ct_Seat_Goals/23958

Frigid temperatures and a winter weather advisory couldn’t keep Campbell County Tea Party members away from their meeting on Thursday, January 12th. They were there for a regular bi-monthly meeting, but this one had a very special guest speaker. Lewis County Judge-Executive Thomas Massie, who is now in the race for Geoff Davis‘s 4th Congressional district seat, spoke for an hour to a mesmerized crowd of around 30 to 40 people.

Now Massie is seeking the 4th district seat, and he cites our national debt as the reason. “I am worried about our debt. It is out of control. We just passed a milestone. Our GDP (gross domestic product) is less than our national debt. If we’re not serfs already, then our children will be. We have to shrink the size of our government.” Other items important in Massie’s platform include: tax reform, a balanced budget amendment, and imposing term limits.

At the completion of the speech, Massie received a standing ovation. If bus #2012 had been zooming along without him before, it has now surely stopped and opened its doors with a big welcome sign.

ZanZibar
01-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Massie is awesome.

boat6868
01-28-2012, 06:56 PM
Massie is awesome.

Right you are...I have been impressed with him since seeing his posts during the Rand Paul campaign when Thomas was hanging those 4 feet by 8 feet Rand Paul signs on the side of well placed barns. Then I read his blog about building his own home...he walks the walk of self reliance, and above all appears to be a true believer in liberty.