PDA

View Full Version : How Ron Paul Can Effectively Fire Back at the Third Party Question

emazur
01-28-2012, 12:40 PM
http://www.nolanchart.com/article9322-how-ron-paul-can-effectively-fire-back-at-the-third-party-question.html
"I have no plans or desire to run as a third party candidate and I've made that clear many times. So why leave the door open? I ran for office in the first place back in 1974 because Nixon completely severed the link between gold and the dollar. I knew that not only would this lead to increased economic instability but eventually to high inflation or even hyperinflation. We've experienced very high inflation in the 1970s and many bouts of economic instability since then, such as the collapse of the housing market in 2008 that I had long warned about. But still the worst is yet to come. So if I don't get the GOP nomination in 2012 and suddenly America finally comes face to face with the dollar crisis I've long predicted, I would then be willing to jump back into the race as a third party. The other candidates would neither understand the nature of nor know how to properly deal with with a dollar collapse, which would not only be a threat to an already fragile economy, but a threat to America's national security. I see it as my duty as an American to ensure the protection of both."

dskalkowski
01-28-2012, 12:42 PM
I think he hits the third party question fine. It show's that he is open to ideas, and wont say no to something as quickly as some people want. I don't want him to approach it any other way.

emazur
01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
He keeps getting asked the same question over and over (Brian Williams asked him when he'd provide an "honest answer" at the Florida debate) so a new approach is worth trying. The third party issue is a sideshow, this answer shifts the debate into one about debt and inflation and economic crisis

erowe1
01-28-2012, 01:10 PM
He should just say, "If Romney and Gingrich are worried that they won't be able to win over the people who support my candidacy in a general election, then they better figure out what concessions they need to make to win them. It's not about what I choose to do, it's about what they choose to do."

everlasticity
01-28-2012, 01:11 PM
no need