PDA

View Full Version : Space Idea: RP or other candidates?

rp713
01-28-2012, 12:26 PM
So in this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?356291-Canadian-Teens-Launch-Lego-Man-into-Space-for-400-Ron-Paul-Yard-Sign-in-Space

The majority of us want to either A) Send a Ron Paul action figure or yard sign in space or B) Send pictures of the other candidates(Newt, Mitt, Frothy, and Obama) to space(sending politicians to the moon like RP said.)

It is an inexpensive fun idea that will more than likely grab the attention of the media and be well worth the small investment.

Since the idea seems split, just vote in the poll and majority wins.

EDIT: If you choose Other idea, that means you choose another idea related to the space idea. Not something completely different.

JK/SEA
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
B.

rp713
01-28-2012, 12:28 PM
poll now up.

dskalkowski
01-28-2012, 12:29 PM
Send the action figure to space.

Beorn
01-28-2012, 12:31 PM
Send Ron. This is silly and we should want to go with a positive message that focuses on our candidate.

Dutch
01-28-2012, 12:33 PM
From the original thread:

I have registered www.ronpaulinspace.com and for the time being forwarded
it to the official campaign website. I can't build a website myself but when
someone wants to build one, to get this thing off the ground (pun intended),
I will transfer ownership for free.
And I will chip in.

openfire
01-28-2012, 12:35 PM
Send Ron! Either a yard sign or the action figure would work well. Maybe he could be holding a US flag, a constitution etc... there are many ways we could do this!

pahs1994
01-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Send the other candidates. this sums up the media spin of sending ron from the last thread:

yes, i have a problem with that. How do YOU think the media will spin it?

1. Ron says send politicians to the moon..
or
2. Ron wants to be an Astronaut...

i can hear it now: Dana Bash says Ron admits to be one of those 'politicians' he wants to send to the moon...details at the top of the hour.

Paulistinian
01-28-2012, 12:39 PM
He said he daydreamed of being the first physician in space, so let's make him be the first physician's action figure in space.

RockEnds
01-28-2012, 12:43 PM
If the other candidates are sent to space, will they remain there?

Article V
01-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Ron Paul said himself: "I don't think we should go to the moon. I think we should maybe send some politicians up there." This was the applause line, the laugh line, and the most memorable line of all his public statements regarding space.

Therefore, we should SEND THE OTHER CANDIDATES to space as Ron Paul requested; and, as a compromise, we can decorate the ship we put the other candidates in with Ron Paul 2012 pictures, quotes, etc. saying things "For Liberty" or "Ron Paul wishes Bon Voyage to the Moon Men," etc.

aowen
01-28-2012, 12:52 PM
We are going to have to have an individual take the lead on this. If no one else gets on it I will do it. The only problem with me doing it is I will not be able to devote major attention to this until Wednesday. But regardless of whether or not we send other candidates or Ron up, almost everything else can be done before hand. We need:

A weather balloon (I'm not sure what size but there is a link in the other thread that I'm sure would have this information)
Camera/cameras
To build the platform that will carry this stuff (seems like a styrofoam cooler would work)
GPS tracker (an Iphone would work)
RP action figure or cut outs of the GOP stooges
miscellaneous that I haven't thought of

All of this stuff should definitely be able to be acquired for under $1000 being very liberal.

Bruno
01-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Send Ron, we get a kick out of it and media makes Ron a laughing stock over it.
Send other candidates, we get a kick out of it and we all laugh at their expense.

Bruno 10:51 AM Today
Video starts with Newt saying colonize the moon.
Cut to Ron saying send some politicians to the moon
Cut to classic launch countdown
Cutouts of Newt, Mitt, Rick, Barack in a small spaceship floating into the atmosphere.
End video with Tom Petty's "Free falling" as they plummet to the ground after the balloon pops, symbolizing their poll numbers dropping as the campaign progresses.

FreeTraveler
01-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Send other candidates, we get a kick out of it and we all laugh at their expense.

Bruno makes a great point. I was for sending the doctor until I read this.

Dutch
01-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I'll repeat my stance from the other thread:

Send up the Ron Paul action figure.
Sending other candidates will only give them attention and a reason to mention them.
No matter how we intend it, or think of interpretations, the media will always try to spin it against Ron. We should know this by now. Therefore: we should not give reason to mention other candidates.

Plus: I like the thought that he wanted to be the first physician in space... let's make the good Dr. 's dream come true... :)

Paulistinian
01-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I'll repeat my stance from the other thread:

Send up the Ron Paul action figure.
Sending other candidates will only give them attention and a reason to mention them.
No matter how we intend it, or think of interpretations, the media will always try to spin it against Ron. We should know this by now. Therefore: we should not give reason to mention other candidates.

Plus: I like the thought that he wanted to be the first physician in space... let's make the good Dr. 's dream come true... :)

I think you're absolutely right

BuddyRey
01-28-2012, 01:06 PM
I would love for a Ron Paul action figure to be the first piece of American political memorabilia in space!

luctor-et-emergo
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Bruno 10:51 AM Today
Video starts with Newt saying colonize the moon.
Cut to Ron saying send some politicians to the moon
Cut to classic launch countdown
Cutouts of Newt, Mitt, Rick, Barack in a small spaceship floating into the atmosphere.
End video with Tom Petty's "Free falling" as they plummet to the ground after the balloon pops, symbolizing their poll numbers dropping as the campaign progresses.
Cool idea! At least it has a message instead of just being funny.

edit; this is a 'complete package', maybe find a couple more and start another poll ?

brushfire
01-28-2012, 01:09 PM
I'd like to follow Ron Paul's lead and express how there are politicians we'd like to send to the moon... Lets launch the other guys out into space.

NASA keeps a map of all the space trash - if we could somehow, with the use of a model rocket motor, use the weather ballon as a platform to launch opposing candidates into space, how funny would that be? NASA would have their little figures, or faces, listed as space junk.

http://keithcu.com/bookimages/wordpress_html_128d86fa.jpg

Building on the superman 2 scene where general zod and the villains are imprisoned in a 2 dimensional plate, flying through space!!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mspgPAX8kI4/TenJj9LHOJI/AAAAAAAAEYk/aXn9XZgCJVw/s1600/superman%2B2.jpg

Jingles
01-28-2012, 01:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/vSKSZ.jpg

FriedChicken
01-28-2012, 01:11 PM
I voted to send the other candidates.
I think sending Ron Paul would make people laugh at him and turn him into a joke in some minds.

However - maybe to keep this more "likable" and not have people think we're taking cheap shots we could just send up a mini-blimp to space?

I like the slogan about sending the other candidates to the moon and Paul to the white house though and it DOES go really well with NOBP.

JasonC
01-28-2012, 01:13 PM
send other politicians.. but make sure the reason why is being promoted and linked to rp's statement in the debate the other night.

CaseyJones
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
bump

brushfire
01-28-2012, 01:30 PM
An example of the superman 2 theme LOL:

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/3910/space1p.jpg

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 01:31 PM
I honestly don't see the draw here. We could name a star for him for $30.....

but you know the banking cartel would fund it if Ron himself would actually go.... but they might forget to bankroll the oxygen.....

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 01:32 PM

that is cool!

rp713
01-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I honestly don't see the draw here. We could name a star for him for $30.....

but you know the banking cartel would fund it if Ron himself would actually go.... but they might forget to bankroll the oxygen.....

or send him up with virgin galactic. :)

http://www.virgingalactic.com/booking/

Svenskar_för_Ron_Paul
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
A slogan could be. Let's send Santorum, Gingrich, Romney and Obama to the moon, while we send Paul to the Whitehouse.

Or something in that style...

Anyway, we need to ''send'' Obama aswell, if we are going to send some politicians.

aowen
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x362/aowen1609/RonPaulinspace.jpg

billbob
01-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Other candidates, but with RON PAUL BALLOON

CaseyJones
01-28-2012, 02:21 PM
bump

Paulistinian
01-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Wow, the forum seems to be split right down the middle on this idea...

jtbraine
01-28-2012, 02:32 PM
lljkhljkkjn

brushfire
01-28-2012, 02:33 PM
I voted for other candidate, but now I have changed my mind.

Flip flopper

aowen
01-28-2012, 02:46 PM
I voted for other candidate, but now I have changed my mind.

Alright Romney :p

StilesBC
01-28-2012, 03:00 PM
I like both ideas, but after reading the arguments, I voted for sending Ron into space as "the first physician's action figure in space."

Paulistinian
01-28-2012, 03:21 PM
I like both ideas, but after reading the arguments, I voted for sending Ron into space as "the first physician's action figure in space."Yes, I think when Ron gets wind of this and sees the video he will be very pleased :)

Maximus
01-28-2012, 03:43 PM
Let's set up a chip in and fund two balloons!

Mark37snj
01-28-2012, 03:46 PM
I like both ideas, but after reading the arguments, I voted for sending Ron into space as "the first physician's action figure in space."

If Ron Paul in space does win, make it the shuttle with a + Red Cross on it. If its the others then make the ship paid for by the FED.

Article V
01-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Bang. Zoom. To the moon, Alice!

Right in the kisser! POW!

fuzzybekool
01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
maybe have the "space vehicle" be called the "Ron Paul Rocket" and the passengers are the current candidates. That way we can play off the Ron Paul quip about politcians being sent to the moon, and Ron Paul is seen as the impetus to sending them there, and not the possible twisting by the media to make Ron Paul look silly.

CaseyJones
01-28-2012, 05:30 PM
bump

rp713
01-28-2012, 05:59 PM
i kinda like the idea someone posted, make the ballon a ron paul ballon. put stick bumper stickers on it or spray paint the revolution logo on it. then have a lil mini spaceships/rocket with the 4 candidates faces in the windows. then put ron's quote "..send some politicians to the moon" - Ron Paul

Sullivan*
01-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Don't know if anyone else has suggested something along these lines, but how about a picture of all the current candidates, Pres. Obama, Nancy Pelosi, John Boehner, Eric Cantor, Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Lamar Smith, John McCain, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush. That would pretty much be my list (non-exhaustive)... And during the launch, maybe do a stop-motion with a Ron Paul action figure waving them off. I would laugh my ass off all the way through the general.

awake
01-28-2012, 09:30 PM
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3422/libertyspace.jpg

Paulistinian
01-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Bump

Lavitz
01-28-2012, 09:59 PM
I voted to send the Ron Paul action figure. The original Canadian Lego Man was a positive character and made for a great video. When this election is over and all we have left from this project is the video, I'd rather have a positive, inspiring video of Ron in space than a negative one poking fun at his rivals for the nomination in this one election cycle. I think semi-fulfilling Ron's dream of becoming the first physician in space via action figure would be a much better tribute to him than doing all this work to capitalize on a joke he made at a debate with the hopes of getting better media attention. And you have to consider the risks of something unexpected happening to one of the other candidates which would garner sympathy for them in the interim (e.g. Santorum's daughter being hospitalized.)

At the end of the day, I think Ron would find either video funny, but I'd rather be able to tell him we sent him into space as per his old daydream (and without any government funding lol) than tell him we expanded on a joke of his and sent some politicians to the moon (especially since they're not even going to the moon).

Just my preference.

cpike
01-28-2012, 10:25 PM
So this is what it feels like to be an undecided voter. I can be swayed either way right now.

RonPaul101.com
01-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Send a RP 2012 (mini) sign. Sending one of the others is petty.

brushfire
01-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Well... why not both?

1 RP action figure, to also return. 1 plate with the faces of the 3, to be left in orbit...?

It can be Astronaut RP's mission...

Dutch
01-29-2012, 04:37 AM
I voted to send the Ron Paul action figure. The original Canadian Lego Man was a positive character and made for a great video. When this election is over and all we have left from this project is the video, I'd rather have a positive, inspiring video of Ron in space than a negative one poking fun at his rivals for the nomination in this one election cycle. I think semi-fulfilling Ron's dream of becoming the first physician in space via action figure would be a much better tribute to him than doing all this work to capitalize on a joke he made at a debate with the hopes of getting better media attention. And you have to consider the risks of something unexpected happening to one of the other candidates which would garner sympathy for them in the interim (e.g. Santorum's daughter being hospitalized.)

At the end of the day, I think Ron would find either video funny, but I'd rather be able to tell him we sent him into space as per his old daydream (and without any government funding lol) than tell him we expanded on a joke of his and sent some politicians to the moon (especially since they're not even going to the moon).

Just my preference.

This.

Plus, other candidates may (will, actually) drop out, so a video with other candidates will be outdated for sure at some point. A video of a Ron Paul action figure going to space will be current, even after he winst the General :)

alucard13mmfmj
01-29-2012, 04:38 AM
why stop at the edge of earth?? ;p we can go to the moon!

Dutch
01-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Bump

Dutch
02-03-2012, 12:32 PM
Ok, the poll deadline has passed. Are we going to take this any further?

Paulistinian
02-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Yeah lets do it. I'll chip in!

Dutch
02-03-2012, 04:19 PM
I'll chip in too!

fatjohn
02-03-2012, 04:22 PM
so yard sign wins? i would have voted for that too.

Jingles
02-03-2012, 04:40 PM

I support the idea of sending the other candidates into space Superman 2 style.

Dutch
02-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Too bad this idea is not getting off the ground... :(

Paulistinian
02-05-2012, 08:05 PM
It's not getting off the ground because people can't just agree. The action figure won the pol
... Let's do it!