PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Converts Another Intellectual.

jacksonunit
01-28-2012, 08:50 AM
I have a dear old friend who seemed perilously close to buying into negative media spin, along with the other usual mis -characterizations on Paul's foreign and monitory policy. He had piped up against RP in one of my Face Book booster posts, so I challenged him to read RP on RP, and gave him my e-copy of "The Revolution."

My friend is a very cerebral man and a lover of the truth (as well as of The Truth), but he is not easily moved from the opinions he seems to develop so thoughtfully. That's why I decided to let Dr. Paul do the talking. After he read Revolution, he started posting great Paulpaganda (tm) on FB and later told me I had converted him to RP and that I could notch him on my converts belt, but I don't keep a belt like that. The truth of the matter is, I've never converted anybody to anything. I'm just a guy who gives the right books to the right people and lets them do the converting... :D

Besides, if I did keep a belt like that, I'd have to cut an hundred notches, one for him, and 99 for the people he will persuade.

NOBP!

freejack
01-28-2012, 08:54 AM
Great story! +rep

Paulatized
01-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks for sharing that story and thanks for being diligent to the cause of liberty. I have always thought The Revolution is the best of Ron Paul's books to use for conversion purposes. Each time I read it I pick up several new insights and strengthen my ability to defend my support of Ron Paul.

sunsense
01-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Free your mind !!!

That's all it takes to 'get' Ron Paul's message.

“A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood”

Highstreet
01-28-2012, 09:35 AM
Nice!

jacksonunit
01-28-2012, 09:37 AM
The first time I read the chapter on the Constitution, I got so excited that I had to finish it while walking around yelling "Yeah!" I felt a little sad when I realized that I was looking at it as brilliant insight when it really should be elementary knowledge held by all Americans.

torchbearer
01-28-2012, 09:51 AM
this is how we win, talking to friends and family. and never stop talking.
at the first campaign meeting we had in my area, everyone was asked to introduce themselves and how they came to know about ron paul. almost a quarter of all the people there listed me as the cause of them coming to know ron paul. i had never thought about it before.... but it was an awesome feeling to know i helped in some way. these people are now forever changed. free from the matrix.

Revolution9
01-28-2012, 10:21 AM
I am in N Ga mtns. A few months back the only RP support I saw up here was satchelmcqueens truck rear window. Mentioning RP and politics got me nasty stares and one time a clenched fist and very tense moment. I saw the sticky on free bumper stickers and ordered some and got a ton and a box of a couple thousand brochures!!! I gave them away to my landlady who is also my mailman who also had several folks at the post office who were in love and won't stop talking RP. satchelmcueen who dropped by for a grabbag full and two other people. Someone popped by yesterday who did not want to talk about RP prior, saw a round sticker and wanted it for his jacket also said he has been seeing RP bumper stickers all over the place lately and he is the only guy up there who is not a plastic politician. Bumper stickers are great for up here because canvassing is near impossible due to the cabins being tucked back or used by tourists a few days here and there. But the bumper sticker is great for passing on the backroads where everybody waves as it shows consensus.

Rev9

Paulatized
01-28-2012, 10:27 AM
Free your mind !!!

That's all it takes to 'get' Ron Paul's message.

“A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood”

And along those same lines, once your mind is open, you start reevaluating a lot of the "givens" you have never thought to question and start taking some ownership in your beliefs. ;)

kathy88
01-28-2012, 12:10 PM
I gave out two copies of Nation of Sheep, one of Creature from Jekyl Island and one of the Revolution last week at work :) I keep a stack of lit on my desk, when people ask about it, I hand it over.

Ender
01-28-2012, 12:25 PM
this is how we win, talking to friends and family. and never stop talking.
at the first campaign meeting we had in my area, everyone was asked to introduce themselves and how they came to know about ron paul. almost a quarter of all the people there listed me as the cause of them coming to know ron paul. i had never thought about it before.... but it was an awesome feeling to know i helped in some way. these people are now forever changed. free from the matrix.

BTW- The Matrix is a perfect analogy of where we are today; I have converted many a friend by just discussing the film.

Maximus
01-28-2012, 01:08 PM
The Revolution to me is still his best book

unknown
01-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Besides, if I did keep a belt like that, I'd have to cut an hundred notches, one for him, and 99 for the people he will persuade.

And herein lies the path to victory.

seekingliberty
01-28-2012, 03:39 PM
The Revolution is what made me a solid, No One But Paul supporter. I keep thinking I need to order 3 or 4 copies to hand out and have people read.

kathy88
01-29-2012, 06:05 PM
The Revolution is what made me a solid, No One But Paul supporter. I keep thinking I need to order 3 or 4 copies to hand out and have people read.

Everyone I've given a copy to became a supporter.

kathy88
01-29-2012, 06:06 PM
In fact, I'm going to order a bunch more and hand them out when I get delegate signatures to anyone who is slightly interested.

LibertasPraesidium
01-29-2012, 06:25 PM
All I have to say is that this grassroots that supports Ron Paul is a microcosm of the whole Revolution, each area adapts in differing ways, subtle ways, or loud ways, but enough that it shows to a great many that we are forming this ideal. No one area is separate from the whole, because we are a nation.

I think this is what Paul was saying, Liberty brings us together.

The fires of Liberty will burn, hotter than ever, if he does not win.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/robin-koerner/ron-paul-2012_b_1206689.html A free market for marketing freedom.

coffeewithchess
01-29-2012, 07:12 PM
I have a dear old friend who seemed perilously close to buying into negative media spin, along with the other usual mis -characterizations on Paul's foreign and monitory policy. He had piped up against RP in one of my Face Book booster posts, so I challenged him to read RP on RP, and gave him my e-copy of "The Revolution."

My friend is a very cerebral man and a lover of the truth (as well as of The Truth), but he is not easily moved from the opinions he seems to develop so thoughtfully. That's why I decided to let Dr. Paul do the talking. After he read Revolution, he started posting great Paulpaganda (tm) on FB and later told me I had converted him to RP and that I could notch him on my converts belt, but I don't keep a belt like that. The truth of the matter is, I've never converted anybody to anything. I'm just a guy who gives the right books to the right people and lets them do the converting... :D

NOBP!

The fact he was willing to read, is the best part about this. He was able to turn off his stupid television, and read something outside of the talking points...
The people I deal with, can't seem to click links to articles, watch videos, or answer simple questions, "Have you read the 9/11 Commission Report?"
Instead, they resort to the Fox News/talk radio name-calling tactics... RP supporters are "deceived", "sold on lies", "young". "RP would destroy this country faster than President Obama"...then when after I privately went to them in private messages, saying it wasn't good to publicly name-call people (especially on this one issue), they then result with "Ron Paul supporters get angry so easily."

Then I was called rude, for saying one of them refused to answer questions, and only used talking points...and for saying one was too busy watching YouTube music videos (based on his own public admission) to answer/look at videos I offered him.

kathy88
01-29-2012, 07:14 PM
The fact he was willing to read, is the best part about this. He was able to turn off his stupid television, and read something outside of the talking points...
The people I deal with, can't seem to click links to articles, watch videos, or answer simple questions, "Have you read the 9/11 Commission Report?"
Instead, they resort to the Fox News/talk radio name-calling tactics... RP supporters are "deceived", "sold on lies", "young". "RP would destroy this country faster than President Obama"...then when after I privately went to them in private messages, saying it wasn't good to publicly name-call people (especially on this one issue), they then result with "Ron Paul supporters get angry so easily."

Then I was called rude, for saying one of them refused to answer questions, and only used talking points...and for saying one was too busy watching YouTube music videos (based on his own public admission) to answer/look at videos I offered him.

So true. I stopped mentioning the 911 report, though. People's eyes would visibly glaze over. ;)

coffeewithchess
01-29-2012, 07:20 PM
So true. I stopped mentioning the 911 report, though. People's eyes would visibly glaze over. ;)

LOL, I should copy/paste the conversation here, so people can see what we're dealing with, and know the only chance for RP to get nominated...is if we were blessed somehow and the cable companies (Fox, CNN, MSNBC...and talk radio) went bankrupt and off the air overnight....THEN, maybe we could get them to read a book or article, or watch a video.

But it seems to be everybody is busy watching football, hockey, basketball, etc., and can't be bothered with the actual facts. So, name-calling is where they go.