PDA

View Full Version : Block Sites That Print Hostile and Biased News Content

everlasticity
01-28-2012, 02:10 AM
A lot of you are addicted to the MSM. Not because you are brainwashed, but because you want to keep tabs on news sites that discuss Ron Paul, especially when that content is negative. I, for one, have begun boycotting television news media because I refuse to be subjected to it. I am, in fact, so disgusted with MSM that I can't even bring myself to watch financial news anymore.

I know that some of you are on board with this while others will argue that we need to keep tabs on them to check up on the enemy. I, personally, find it hard to boycott MSM when every time I come to DP or RPF everyone is always repeating what they heard MSM say or write, but I'm not going to argue against that now.

What I want to suggest is for those of us who would like to expand our boycott of the MSM to begin blocking web content from the major online newspapers:

Washington Post
CNN
FOX
MSNBC
New York Times

You may want to add others, but these are the sites that I can think of immediately. I actually don't know how to go about blocking web content, so I am looking into it. Sometimes google gives the option, but I haven't figured it out. Some suggestions from the forum are in order. I really think this is a good idea. We are prime viewership for some of their hit pieces, and we comment all over the place, which just drives traffic. They don't deserve our readership under any circumstances. If Ron Paul has a problem with the media, he can handle it on his own, but I can understand if you feel that comment bombs are appropriate.

Edit: By block I mean to keep the site from showing up in search, if that is even possible.

jemuf
01-28-2012, 03:11 AM
I don't want to be one of the RPF posters who dismisses your idea and suggests another or says something stupid and irrelevant. That's not what I'm trying to do.

Thank you for posting a useful thread and trying to make a positive impact on the Paul campaign.

What was the most people logged onto RPF at one time? I believe it was around 4000. I don't think Ron Paul supporters are the largest demographic for the biased news.

I understand the point though, but the approach will not work in the next 9 months. The election is 9 months away; it's too late.

What may work is something I've posted in another thread. Ron Paul supporters need to target just ONE entity...bill o'reilly. We do that by targeting his sponsors.

In the short term (3 months from now), by targeting o'reilly's sponsors, we might get his attention and force him to stop the Paul attacks. But the ultimate goal is to hasten his departure from the airwaves and that would take over one year.

We'll get the media's attention by getting o'reilly's attention.

And another point: Ron Paul does not have to take on the media; he doesn't have the time and doesn't need the pain. He basically can't say much because instead of a 99% blackout he'll get a 100% blackout.

Nobody can ever rightfully accuse him of playing the victim.

Mark37snj
01-28-2012, 09:17 AM
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

EDIT: But organizing a boycott of their sponsors is always a good idea.

Tyler_Durden
01-28-2012, 09:30 AM
Know thy enemy