Santorum 13
Paul 5

http://www.ipsos-na.com/news-polls/pressrelease.aspx?id=5495

rightcoast
01-28-2012, 12:33 AM
EDIT: Online poll. Whew.

ssjevot
01-28-2012, 12:34 AM
How can Paul's support have dropped that much? That debate went extremely well for him.

AngryCanadian
01-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Sorry but what? how did this happen? 5%? sorry i am not buying this poll.

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 12:35 AM
It is odd how the polls differ. The last two polls that just came out have Ron ahead of Santorum. Hm. Well, in any event we can't get distracted, every story they run there says Ron isn't competing in Florida, and we can't expect much under those circumstances. third gets no delegates anyway, in fact SECOND gets none, which is why our focus is elsewhere.

kah13176
How many posts in until people start calling the results fake?

RickyJ
Say what?

5 percent? Preposterous!

Ron Paul does not lose supporters hardly ever, he was at 10%, there is no way he lost half his support recently in Florida, no way.

AngryCanadian
The debate was just fine and everyone agreed Ron Paul won the debate along with Romney

AngryCanadian
01-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Say what?

5 percent? Preposterous!

Ron Paul does not lose supporters hardly ever, he was at 10%, there is no way he lost half his support recently in Florida, no way.
I agree! i think we should call Ipsos :mad:

Ron Paul did Great i call BS on this poll.

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 12:36 AM
on line poll

For the survey, a sample of 732 likely voters in the Florida Republican Primary was interviewed online.

So, nevermind. It was a 'self selected' polling field like the new Zogby ones where you sign up for it.

carterm
01-28-2012, 12:37 AM
a really good resource for polls with a nice interface (where i snagged the poll from, i'm a numbers guy i suppose): http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/fivethirtyeight/primaries/florida

PauliticsPolitics
01-28-2012, 12:38 AM
This was an online poll.
Read the description.
Usually we trust those less.

rightcoast
01-28-2012, 12:38 AM
How can Paul's support have dropped that much? That debate went extremely well for him.

I canvassed just yesterday, and people are saying that Paul is too strapped to even campaign, and may drop out soon. I like him some ... but, he's quitting soon.

So frustrating, and why FL should have had a token presence. The impression that Paul isn't well funded or can't compete in "real states" is hard to overcome in my experience, and I've gotten 15 signs into Gainesville yards, which is a Paul-friendly area.

bluesc
01-28-2012, 12:39 AM
on line poll

So, nevermind. It was a 'self selected' polling field like the new Zogby ones where you sign up for it.

Edit the title to make that very clear to prevent people freaking out.

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 12:40 AM
Edit the title to make that very clear to prevent people freaking out.

I had the same thought. It is already changed.

carterm
wasn't aware on-line polls are more/less valid. sorry guys! makes me want to delete the thread altogether hahaha

Lord Xar
Is floridas voting paper or diebold?

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 12:41 AM
I canvassed just yesterday, and people are saying that Paul is too strapped to even campaign, and may drop out soon. I like him some ... but, he's quitting soon.

So frustrating, and why FL should have had a token presence. The impression that Paul isn't well funded or can't compete in "real states" is hard to overcome in my experience, and I've gotten 15 signs into Gainesville yards, which is a Paul-friendly area.

bring copies of articles about his reception in Maine, explain a full third of his support comes from independents and in a winner take all closed primary in one of the most expensive media markets in the country, it is less expensive for him to win delegates elsewhere.

VictorB
They must have polled 732 Hannity forum members.

ssjevot

Well have you been telling them he's in for the long haul, has plenty of money but is trying to win by getting the most delegates, so he can't spend it all in Florida when it's winner-take-all? I get a lot of these type of people and try to get them behind the idea that it's more important to vote for who you believe in then try to pick a winner, because that is the point of having a primary/caucus, to see who the electorate likes.

rightcoast
01-28-2012, 12:48 AM
bring copies of articles about his reception in Maine, explain a full third of his support comes from independents and in a winner take all closed primary in one of the most expensive media markets in the country, it is less expensive for him to win delegates elsewhere.

I'm pretty good at door sales, and do counter well. I doubt everyone who'd want to canvass is as good though (that's being kind, as a meetup organizer from 2008, I know most volunteers are unwilling and/or incapable of canvassing). I just think it would have been a lot easier to drop a 100k token presence, shoring up some support, and helping with a 3rd place finish. It could have carried momentum easier. Less was done here than in 2008, and it's kind of a bad tactic, I think. I still have high hopes though, and if I have any say, we'll have a lot more voters before the 31st. I only have four more signs for yards though, if anyone from the area sees this and has extras. It's too late to order more. :D

sailingaway
01-28-2012, 12:51 AM
You could be right, and if he had known Endorse Liberty was going to put a million into ads on his behalf..... I would have liked say two town halls, one in connection with each debate, in those two different areas. But it is what it is. He has a crammed schedule coming up in the caucus states, and this way at least he didn't try. In SC it bummed people BECAUSE he half kinda sorta tried. I dunno. Onward, anyhow.

AngryCanadian
01-28-2012, 01:08 AM
They must have polled 732 Hannity forum members.

Lol i think thats a good possibility.