PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul wins Florida Middle School Vote

LisaNY
01-27-2012, 11:08 PM
oh man this is funny, you guys have to read this

Regarding Ron:

They liked Paul's anti-war stance, as well as his willingness to talk straight and not attack his opponents to make a point.

"He's just like this down-to-earth dude who just seems like he knows what he's doing," seventh-grader Danielle Heidkamp said.

Newt:

"Oh my gosh," eighth-grader Jacob Wentz blurted out. "I don't like any of his views. He is constantly bashing the other people. I don't like how he wants automatically war. I just think he's shady."

Santorum:

Chase Evans couldn't hold back.

"I really don't like Rick Santorum," he announced of the former Pennsylvania senator, who also got no votes in the class. "I believe he's really pompous. He dodges questions by saying how good he is."

Mitt:

Sixth-grader Enjoli Butterbaugh said she liked Romney despite his flaws.

"Even if he does flip flop, I agree with everything he says,"

http://www.tampabay.com/news/education/k12/ron-paul-locks-up-hudson-middle-school-mock-vote/1212774

sailingaway
01-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Mitt

at least ONE of those times!

alucard13mmfmj
01-28-2012, 12:19 AM
if middle schoolers who are not supposed to be politically involved can see through Newt and Santorum.. why the hell cant grown ups?

parkway3000
01-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Wow these kids are smart! Glad that they see past the bs!
Hope they stay like this!!!!

Azeh
01-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Wow these kids are smart! Glad that they see past the bs!
Hope they stay like this!!!!

Unlikely...Children are naturally intelligent and then they get that beaten out of them through the educational system

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 12:40 AM
obviously the parents and kids spammed this poll:)

AFPVet
01-28-2012, 12:44 AM
Unlikely...Children are naturally intelligent and then they get that beaten out of them through the educational system

Exactly... indoctrination reduces intelligence. Of course, getting out of the mainstream and reading books/rationalizing about the world re-engages thought processing.

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 12:51 AM
Need some commercials with tag line "Are you smarter then an 8th grader" priceless!!!!

Constitutional Paulicy
01-28-2012, 12:58 AM
If you want to know what the parents are thinking, just listen to their children. The kids mimic much of what they say on matters they aren't familiar with. Hopefully their is that much support by mommy and daddy. Now mom and dad just need to get out and vote.

jkob
01-28-2012, 01:26 AM
Future can't come soon enough. Hopefully the kids of today aren't corrupted between now and then.

Occam's Banana
01-28-2012, 02:25 AM

Either she suffers from a severe case of early-onset cognitive dissonance, or they've stopped teaching fractions & percentages by the 6th grade.

AFPVet
01-28-2012, 02:52 AM
Either she suffers from a severe case of early-onset cognitive dissonance, or they've stopped teaching fractions & percentages by the 6th grade.

They haven't applied them to contextual situations in the sixth grade. Keep in mind, the average brain doesn't fully develop the reasoning centers until the 20's.

Occam's Banana
01-28-2012, 03:05 AM
They haven't applied them to contextual situations in the sixth grade. Keep in mind, the average brain doesn't fully develop the reasoning centers until the 20's.
LOL. You're right. I wasn't being literal about the math, though. It was just a roundabout way of noting how bizarre it is for her to say she agrees with "everything" Romney says while simultaneously understanding ("Even if ...") that he's a flip-flopper.

alucard13mmfmj
01-28-2012, 03:54 AM
i guess some people are born into the system or misled since birth. although, i guess we were all once part of the system.

i like puppies
*flip flops*
i kill puppies

"he likes puppies, even though he flip flops! i like him"

BuddyRey
01-28-2012, 04:31 AM
Kids, like some animals, are an excellent judge of character. They can spot an adult who's disingenuous or phony with unparalleled skill.

But that makes me wonder, just what is it that happens to kids as they grow into adults that so often deactivates their perfectly-tuned bull***t detectors?

speciallyblend
01-28-2012, 05:02 AM
LOL. You're right. I wasn't being literal about the math, though. It was just a roundabout way of noting how bizarre it is for her to say she agrees with "everything" Romney says while simultaneously understanding ("Even if ...") that he's a flip-flopper.

yep it boggles my mind.

Nate
01-28-2012, 05:30 AM
The future is looking bright ladies & gentlemen. Where are my sun glasses?

We are winning the information generation, this is a great thing. Gives me so much hope for the future. The internet has made it much harder to indoctrinate people as anyone with access to Google can do their own fact checking. Hence the statist desire to censor the internet with SOPA PIPA & ACTA.

Badger for Paul
01-28-2012, 05:36 AM
So how many delegates do we get for winning at this school?

Drex
01-28-2012, 06:47 AM
If Bachman won this she would've used this in an ad

WilliamC
01-28-2012, 07:25 AM
if middle schoolers who are not supposed to be politically involved can see through Newt and Santorum.. why the hell cant grown ups?

Decades of exposure to television and mainstream media news.

It makes 'em stupid.

LiveForHonortune
01-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Years of McCarthy cold war propaganda, mentality, and fearmongering messed up the older generation badly.

The good news is the younger generation proves America can have a great future and that American exceptionalism still exists in a way. They are the leaders of tomorrow and when they inherit this nation they'll all look back and wonder how so many of their ancestors could be so stupid.

Don't give up, Ronald. Remember "One Generation After".

Moo2400
01-28-2012, 08:51 AM
If you want to know what the parents are thinking, just listen to their children. The kids mimic much of what they say on matters they aren't familiar with. Hopefully their is that much support by mommy and daddy. Now mom and dad just need to get out and vote.

I doubt most of their parents are Ron Paul supporters. They likely hear their parents expressing conservative values and a lot of other things. When Ron Paul expresses those values and the other candidates say a whole lot of nothing and renege on a lot of those values, they favor Ron Paul. The big difference between them and their parents is that those kids still recognize liberty when they see it and still actually believe in those values; their parents, however, have given up on it long ago, favoring moderation and compromise, as well as being deluded by the mass media. I also find the older you get, the more prone you are to intellectual laziness, which then contributes to partisan politics where the only real difference between the two parties are trivial at best. By contrast, younger people tend to be rather curious and like to explore such intellectual matters, despite what the popular stereotype of kids being lazy and stupid might have you believe.

Varin
01-28-2012, 09:01 AM
Remember that does kids families do not represent GOP primary voters but the average population.