PDA

View Full Version : HELP! COMPARISON SHEETS NATIONWIDE AND VIRGINIA

Lightweis
01-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Hi everyone. I posted a couple of weeks ago how successful candidate comparison sheets were in Iowa and New Hampshire. Our meetup group from Virginia Handed them out and generated hundreds of positive responses and even learned about twenty five people who changed their vote in New Hampshire due to our candidate comparison sheet. This is a proven way for voters to learn about the issues and make their own decisions based on the FACTS. This is it folks! We have a nationwide comparison sheet that everyone can print out themselves and circulate.

We also have a Virginia comparison sheet that our meetup group is handing out to every voter in Virginia; Democrats, independents, and republicans. Right now, Newt Gingrich is on the comparison sheet because he lives in Virginia and has support here. We feel like we can sway newt voters to our side, through them reading the issues and making their decision, based on the facts we provided. We need everyones support here! We have hundreds of thousands of voters, actually Millions!, who need comparison sheets in Virginia. We have a great chance of meeting Romney IN Virginia, one on one. Lets make a statement in the great commonwealth and win one for Paul. He deserves it! Anyone who can give money to our group would be deeply appreciated. We have so much work to do and so little time in Virginia. Please Donate and print these candidate comparison sheets out!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79654155/Naitonwide-Final-602

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79654546/Va-Final-Comparison-602

click on these links or copy and paste them! You can download the candidate comparison sheets. Guys I can't tell you how important these candidates sheets are! As soon as we have people willing to donate, I will post a CHIP IN. We need money to print these out! This worked in Iowa and NH and It will work across the country. Help spread these sheets throughout the country and help our meetup group win VIRGINIA! We can get these sheets to every voter with your help!

For Dr. Paul and Liberty,

James Lightweis

sailingaway
01-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm going to copy this post into 'campaign materials' forum

VBRonPaulFan
01-27-2012, 10:41 PM
there's a typo that needs to be fixed in mitt romney's foreign policy section. 'again, in conflict with' is repeated towards the end.

Professor8000
01-27-2012, 10:44 PM
bump

sailingaway
01-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Under personal liberties I'd put what Gingrich said at the CBS debate about how he wouldn't just extend the Patriot Act he'd add more to it.... This was when Ron Paul was warning about NDAA.

justinc.1089
01-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Bump for greatness

Grindleader
01-27-2012, 10:46 PM
bump

CaptainAmerica
01-27-2012, 10:48 PM
I think this is a good idea, I would hand these sheets out after talking with a person one on one about Ron Paul and his stance of defending the u.s. constitution and bill of rights.

Gage
01-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Looks cool!

freneticentropy
01-27-2012, 10:49 PM
This seriously needs proof-reading. It's laden with typographical, spelling, and grammatical errors. Read the section under foreign aid for Romney. There are many more as well, just at a glance.

Coola
01-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Awesome sheets. Gonna download them and chain e-mail some family and friends since I don't have a social network (facebook, twitter) to do so. Thanks a mucho!

24marinematt
01-27-2012, 11:01 PM
I think this a great idea. Gives voters something concrete to look at rather than mindless jargon. Sounds like something worthy of some funding.

Lightweis
01-27-2012, 11:08 PM
Freneticentropy: way to be negative:mad: rarr

thoughtomator
01-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Gingrich isn't on VA ballot - why confuse people by putting him on fact sheet?

Lightweis
01-27-2012, 11:30 PM
Gingrich isn't on VA ballot - why confuse people by putting him on fact sheet?

So gingrich supporters can see the light through the facts and issues. We will be coming out with another sheet one on one closer to March 6th!

freneticentropy
01-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Freneticentropy: way to be negative:mad: rarr

Sorry. It's a good idea, and the content is good. It just needs a solid proof-reading.

Salutary7
01-27-2012, 11:38 PM
Wow very nice. This is the sort of thing that's great for not only for potential voters, but also volunteers who want to convince them to vote Paul. It may be a bit of work, but images and infographics are super-effective. Many people will better process and retain information if there is something visual associated with it, rather than solely text. So, just to name a few, there could be portraits of each candidate, a pie graph for the top few donors to each, a line graph comparing proposed cuts of the candidates vs. current estimated spending. If I were undecided, things like that would really sway me. If you are open to it I could also spend some time to help put something along those lines together.

sailingaway
01-27-2012, 11:52 PM
Wow very nice. This is the sort of thing that's great for not only for potential voters, but also volunteers who want to convince them to vote Paul. It may be a bit of work, but images and infographics are super-effective. Many people will better process and retain information if there is something visual associated with it, rather than solely text. So, just to name a few, there could be portraits of each candidate, a pie graph for the top few donors to each, a line graph comparing proposed cuts of the candidates vs. current estimated spending. If I were undecided, things like that would really sway me. If you are open to it I could also spend some time to help put something along those lines together.

I hope he takes you up on it! And welcome to the forums!

Lightweis
01-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Sorry. It's a good idea, and the content is good. It just needs a solid proof-reading.

I fixed the error. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-28-2012, 12:54 AM
Jolly good thread. So good, I saved the whole thing to a flash drive, made a copy which I put in a safe, then buried that safe in my back yard next to my gold!

wait, what am I doing here?

freneticentropy
01-28-2012, 03:38 AM
I fixed the error. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

There are quite a few more.

Gingrich on Personal Liberties:
1. it's "almost like they should...". it's should have an apostrophe. It's a contraction.
2. "first day of president" should be "his first day as president"
3. "checks and balance" should be "checks and balances". Plural.

Gingrich on Gun Rights:
1. instead of "legislations" use "laws" or "pieces of legislation"
2. "including THE Lautenberg gun ban"

Ron Paul on Gun Rights:
Clauses should be separate sentences. .."America. Has been..."

Paul on Fed
$16 trillion, not 16$ trillion. Same with other instances of dollar amounts in the text.

Paul on Housing Bubble
Bubble and Congress should be lowercased. This also occurs several other places.

Anyway, I'm heading to bed. I'll do a more thorough job tomorrow if you like. These are just a few that jump out at me.

thomasaconway
01-28-2012, 07:27 AM
This seriously needs proof-reading. It's laden with typographical, spelling, and grammatical errors. Read the section under foreign aid for Romney. There are many more as well, just at a glance.

i saw the double phrase in the foreign aid section as well - but where are the "many more" typos, spelling, and grammatical errors?

thomasaconway
01-28-2012, 07:41 AM
good catches - there is also a "qualified" that needs an "a" that's missing under TARP - as for "Bubble" and "Congress" - Congress when referring to the actual governing body of government is allowed to be capitalized - and in the same breadth, so can Bubble if it is referring to an actual event that can be considered a proper noun

thomasaconway
01-28-2012, 07:52 AM
How would james repost the comparison sheet's revisions? just add it to this thread? or replace the original link somehow? is there a section in the forum where this type of document should be posted? sorry - newbie here

Lightweis
01-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Tom email me the corrected copies and I'll post them online.. In class right now though

sunsense
01-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Check out my new thread.

This may cover what you are talking about.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?356338-Presidential-candidate-PDF-with-clickable-links

thomasaconway
01-28-2012, 02:59 PM

The whole idea behind this is to CANVASS door to door. A linked pdf isn't going to work for that. We also wanted something concise and printable on ONE two sided sheet so it would be cheap to print, easy to distribute with ONE page. This is for people to print out with limited resources cheaply and quickly. Trying to add more issues and graphics would amount to an entirely different campaign effort as well as pricepoint. The actual errors brought to our attention will be included in an updated revision but nothing more. Thanks everyone for your input. The reason we are pushing this for canvassing is because we personally printed a previous revision out and received high praise from everyone who read them.

Lightweis
01-28-2012, 08:30 PM
Well good luck everyone with your Ron Paul action figure space IDEA.. Hope it wins Virginia for Ron Paul. Tom will have to go somewhere else.

PolicyReader
01-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone. I posted a couple of weeks ago how successful candidate comparison sheets were in Iowa and New Hampshire. Our meetup group from Virginia Handed them out and generated hundreds of positive responses and even learned about twenty five people who changed their vote in New Hampshire due to our candidate comparison sheet. This is a proven way for voters to learn about the issues and make their own decisions based on the FACTS. This is it folks! We have a nationwide comparison sheet that everyone can print out themselves and circulate.

We also have a Virginia comparison sheet that our meetup group is handing out to every voter in Virginia; Democrats, independents, and republicans. Right now, Newt Gingrich is on the comparison sheet because he lives in Virginia and has support here. We feel like we can sway newt voters to our side, through them reading the issues and making their decision, based on the facts we provided. We need everyones support here! We have hundreds of thousands of voters, actually Millions!, who need comparison sheets in Virginia. We have a great chance of meeting Romney IN Virginia, one on one. Lets make a statement in the great commonwealth and win one for Paul. He deserves it! Anyone who can give money to our group would be deeply appreciated. We have so much work to do and so little time in Virginia. Please Donate and print these candidate comparison sheets out!

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79654155/Naitonwide-Final-602

http://www.scribd.com/doc/79654546/Va-Final-Comparison-602

click on these links or copy and paste them! You can download the candidate comparison sheets. Guys I can't tell you how important these candidates sheets are! As soon as we have people willing to donate, I will post a CHIP IN. We need money to print these out! This worked in Iowa and NH and It will work across the country. Help spread these sheets throughout the country and help our meetup group win VIRGINIA! We can get these sheets to every voter with your help!

For Dr. Paul and Liberty,

James Lightweis

Good organizational idea, this is a great way to get more people involved. "boots on the ground" gets thrown around a lot as a phrase, seeing someone employ it in actuality is refreshing. Thank you for the work you're doing and I hope there's more support for it (if I were not literally broke I'd throw money your way, sadly I have literally nothing beyond basic bills right now :( )

Lightweis
01-29-2012, 11:00 AM
This IDEA is a proven way to get votes for Ron Paul. And we need to WIn Virginia. I don't understand why people are not supporting it.

MelissaWV
01-29-2012, 11:25 AM
If you send me the newest revision, I will proofread it and reply with a marked copy.

Publicani
02-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I suggest simple rows "Yes, Yes, Yes, No" or a check mark only for RP with explanations somewhere else. THat would be consistent with how people are used to see comparison of the products. Nobody will read all the explanations anyway.