PDA

View Full Version : State of Michigan up to 45% Yes + 5% undecided on FULL Cannibis legalization

lakefx
01-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Signatures are currently being gathered to get the measure on the 2012 ballot, which is what prompted the poll. This measure would allow FULL cannibis legalization to all persons 21 and older.

600 People were polled, 45% said yes, 5% undecided, 50% No. However, such a measure on the ballot would probably cause some epic election turn out, And of course, you need Ron Paul to seal the deal!

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/michigan/EPIC-Mich-voters-close-on-legal-pot

Under the current federal government laws, this would still be illegal at the federal level.

LibForestPaul
01-27-2012, 07:36 PM
legalization vs decriminalization
ballot measure for "vote" vs non-enforcement of illegal laws.

all semantic masturbation.

lakefx
01-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Had a feeling this would get moved. Really wasn't sure where to plant this. It's good for our state to make a bold statement this November.

AlexG
01-28-2012, 01:31 AM
That would free alot of their police and lower crime, I dont see why not

Seraphim
01-28-2012, 01:38 AM
de-criminalization is a step in the right direction. OUTRIGHT legalize is our destiny. Hemp industry for the win.

FSP-Rebel
01-28-2012, 12:09 PM
This is the first that I've heard of this potential ballot proposal. And yes, people would come out of the woodwork to vote for this.

KCIndy
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I really hope the vote goes through... but...

The Obama administration has been *at least* as brutal as the GW Bush administration when it comes to overriding states rights on drug issues. Look at what is happening to LEGAL medical marijuana dispensaries in California. :(

KCIndy
01-28-2012, 12:14 PM
Had a feeling this would get moved. Really wasn't sure where to plant this. It's good for our state to make a bold statement this November.

"Plant" this?? :D

+Rep for a great pun, whether intended or not!

Emptyeternity
01-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Ohio is putting this back on the ballot too!!

oyarde
01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Considering the unemployment numbers in Michigan , you would think the state govt would be happy if the masses were a bit mellow .

Jandrsn21
01-28-2012, 04:31 PM
Considering the unemployment numbers in Michigan , you would think the state govt would be happy if the masses were a bit mellow .

Not only more mellow, but more people off entitlements, more growers, more dispensaries, more advertising, more investments, more jobs. The underground economy in the US is staggering, bring that money into the real economy and let everyone benefit from it!

oyarde
01-28-2012, 04:35 PM
Not only more mellow, but more people off entitlements, more growers, more dispensaries, more advertising, more investments, more jobs. The underground economy in the US is staggering, bring that money into the real economy and let everyone benefit from it! Interesting point.

PreDeadMan
01-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Isn't decriminalization better than legalization? because with decriminalization you can't be arrested for using the drug if it's legalized the government can regulate it and.... they could tax the crap out of it therefore creating the black market or a grey market for it sort of like what they are doing with cigarettes at least here in NY

oyarde
01-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Isn't decriminalization better than legalization? because with decriminalization you can't be arrested for using the drug if it's legalized the government can regulate it and.... they could tax the crap out of it therefore creating the black market or a grey market for it sort of like what they are doing with cigarettes at least here in NY I am amazed what they have done with cigarettes in New York.

lakefx
01-28-2012, 10:58 PM
"Plant" this?? :D

+Rep for a great pun, whether intended or not!

intended :D

amonasro
01-28-2012, 11:11 PM
I think it's great. I'm from mid-Michigan and the existence of large universities (U of M, Michigan State, Western Michigan, Central) and the withering economy are a large driving force behind this. People have seen how the large craft beer industry has benefited the state and are probably ecstatic at the thought of a "craft cannabis" industry. There's even a miniature "wine country" in the southwestern part of the state that's just getting started. Combine that with the awesomeness of the Great Lakes and you have one hell of a tourist destination. Detroit is in shambles and Michigan needs this.

dawnbt
01-28-2012, 11:15 PM
This is the first that I've heard of this potential ballot proposal. And yes, people would come out of the woodwork to vote for this.
You're from the home of the "Hash Bash" and haven't heard this! ;)

Feeding the Abscess
01-28-2012, 11:23 PM
Isn't decriminalization better than legalization? because with decriminalization you can't be arrested for using the drug if it's legalized the government can regulate it and.... they could tax the crap out of it therefore creating the black market or a grey market for it sort of like what they are doing with cigarettes at least here in NY

I agree, decriminalize everything, erase any references of any substance from the books, and leave zero jurisdiction for any governing body of ingestible or otherwise edible substances.