PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective about Nov 11 fundraising.

Original_Intent
11-11-2007, 08:37 PM
I know with the hopes that today would be a million dollar day people may be a little disappointed.

Please consider:

Today was the third highest fundraising day this quarter.

Much more huge is the fact that both the number 1 day and the number 2 day were EARLIER this week!!!!!!

Just think, after everyone donating in a huge way just last Monday and also on Tuesday, we are still bombing for $200K +! W:eek:W!!

It would still be nice if we could cap it of and make this a 5 million dollar online week. Looks like that is going to be tough to accomplish. but the people that organized this did a great job getting this kind of support when everyone is already pretty tapped.

If anything it encourages me that Dec 16 is gonna be HUUUUUUGE!!!!!!

Naraku
11-11-2007, 08:38 PM
Technically it already is $5 million week, Ron Paul Graphs doesn't have all the numbers.

ToxicFrog
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm sure that I'm not alone in saying that I just couldn't contribute today, after giving as much as I could on the 5th. I'd bet my legs that there are many others who would say the same thing.

I WILL be donating to the Tea Party bomb, though. Today's was just too close to the last one, which made it difficult for me to give more money. I can only realistically donate once a month, which is surely the situation for many others.

speciallyblend
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
i thought it went great,GREAT JOB NOV 11th PEOPLE ,everybit counts:) thank you all Ron Paul supporters ,lets keep up the great work

bbachtung
11-11-2007, 08:44 PM
Since 2,000 people pledged to give $100 each, and RP has already surpassed $200,000 for the day, I'd consider today to be a success. Everyone came through on their pledge and then some.

ClayTrainor
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
yup... today was a great little boost... and it aint over yet.

maybe we'll get a bit of a rush towards the end of the day as well.

dec. 16 will shatter every fundraising record.... period.

Wyurm
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
We're just tapped out. We need more donors and some time to recoup. Nov. 5th had a small amount of stigma and thus some who didn't want to donate on that day, Nov. 11th was the compromise for those who didn't like the 5th and those who gave earlier couldn't give today for the most part.

Dec. 16th is a bit over a month away, I'm signed up and I know many others have already signed too. I'm hoping we can gain more than 50k signers, because as was proven on the 5th and today, we will end up with alot more than 5 mil. That will boost us way over the 12 mil mark. I'm really hoping we can get at least 15 mil by the end of Dec. We shall see.

lbadragan
11-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Personally I gave much more than I planned on the 5th so today was out of the question. You guys may want to do these fundraisers less frequently, otherwise the fundraising appeals fade into the background instead of raising excitement.

cmc
11-11-2007, 09:06 PM
As I recall, there was some argument about the choice of theme for the 5th -- some thought that Vet's Day would be more appropriate and not attract negative media attention, so someone made another site for the 11th. Today was originally more of an alternative Nov. 5th donation spree.

When the 5th was an over-the-top success, most people started promoting Dec. 16th over the 11th because 6 days isn't enough recharge time. Not only that, but plenty of folks spent a lot of money getting to and from the Nov. 10th rally and maybe couldn't give today.

With that in mind, let's compare today to the Huckster's copy-cat scheme on the 20th. :D