PDA

View Full Version : There's a taboo amoung "celebrities" to endorse RP, it's soon gonna disappear

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 04:04 PM
A lot of people in politics (DeMint, Palin), sports (Tim Thomas), and arts (Kelly Clarckson, Chuck Norris) seem to support Ron Paul's message, but they are reluctant to make the final step to officially endorse him.
I think this is because they fear that such an endorsement might backfire on them, because their careers as public figures depend to some extent on showing "political correctness", i.e. following the establisment line. There seems to be a taboo to endorse Ron Paul.
From an individualist/libertarian point of view, endorsements don't really matter. To the average voters, however, they seem to be kind of an eye-opener which makes them rethink their perceptions. Endorsements matter to them. They also give free positive publicity.
Here is my prediction: We will see a wave of Ron Paul endorsements soon. Endorsements that can't be ignored by the msm. Somebody needs to make the first step. I think the trigger will be a win in a primary / a caucus.

What do you think?

JimInNY
01-27-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll be first.

I hereby endorse Ron Paul for the office of President of the United States.

OK, Hollywood, back me up!

freeforall
01-27-2012, 04:08 PM
I think there is a lot of popularity to be gained by endorsing RP. His supporters know the value of appreciating those things.

PauliticsPolitics
01-27-2012, 04:08 PM
Well, Kelly C basically did endorse already.
Chuck Norris endorsed Newt.
But you are right, soon enough some sleeper agent celebs might come out.

Nathan Hale
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I don't think they're avoiding "endorsing", I think they just don't phrase it like that. Kelly Clarkson's comments are a de facto endorsement. Vince Vaughn has never said "I endorse Ron Paul", he just says he supports him. The "endorsement" language is found moreso in the political arena, so its a watermark for people like Palin or Demint.

I agree with you, however, that we're going to see a lot of support for Paul coming out of Hollywood and pop culture, I just hope he isn't totally marginalized by the media.

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 04:09 PM
I'll be first.

I hereby endorse Ron Paul for the office of President of the United States.

OK, Hollywood, back me up!

I was on the side of a LA highway when the police were chasing a white ford bronco containing OJ Simpson.

I hereby Endorse Ron Paul.

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Well, Kelly C basically did endorse already.
Chuck Norris endorsed Newt.
But you are right, soon enough some sleeper agent celebs might come out.
Kelly basicly retracted her endorsement on NPR radio later. Pretty shameful.
But yes: These are just examples of people whose endorsements would have an impact...

BuddyRey
01-27-2012, 04:16 PM
It's a shame Bono is such a stickler for foreign aid. An endorsement from him would grab headlines worldwide.

alucard13mmfmj
01-27-2012, 04:16 PM
im guessing if they endorse RP... they will never work in entertainment ever again.

randomname
01-27-2012, 04:17 PM
A lot of people in politics (DeMint, Palin), sports (Tim Thomas), and arts (Kelly Clarckson, Chuck Norris) seem to support Ron Paul's message, but they are reluctant to make the final step to officially endorse him.
I think this is because they fear that such an endorsement might backfire on them, because their careers as public figures depend to some extent on showing "political correctness", i.e. following the establisment line. There seems to be a taboo to endorse Ron Paul.
From an individualist/libertarian point of view, endorsements don't really matter. To the average voters, however, they seem to be kind of an eye-opener which makes them rethink their perceptions. Endorsements matter to them. They also give free positive publicity.
Here is my prediction: We will see a wave of Ron Paul endorsements soon. Endorsements that can't be ignored by the msm. Somebody needs to make the first step. I think the trigger will be a win in a primary / a caucus.

What do you think?I hope you're right

Matthew Zak
01-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't endorse Ron Paul. He never did. He never so much as hinted in any way that he ever would.

Where did this come from, anyway?

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Entertainers should never get involved in politics, unless they are political entertainers.

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 04:28 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't endorse Ron Paul. He never did. He never so much as hinted in any way that he ever would.

He made this joke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUcUuMEXVc

sailingaway
01-27-2012, 04:29 PM

some people here use the word 'endorse' very loosely.

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 04:31 PM
It's a shame Bono is such a stickler for foreign aid. An endorsement from him would grab headlines worldwide.
Bono is a hipocrite. I know it's a Alex Jones link, but it's really a good article:
http://www.infowars.com/articles/nwo/bono_hypocrisy_third_world_scam.htm

trey4sports
01-27-2012, 04:32 PM
chuck norris does not support ron paul. this is constantly regurgitated. He has made a couple remarks about Ron being honest but he has endorsed Newt and endorsed Huck last time.

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Entertainers should never get involved in politics, unless they are political entertainers.
I agree. But the fact is: they do. Obama tries to polish his image by inviting movie stars and sports heroes. These are well orchestrated pr stunts.

rp2012win
01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Poker legend doyle brunson tweeted a few minutes ago...he's been supportive since 2007. Has over 300K twitter followers too.

Doyle Brunson @TexDolly
Wow..Every response I've had, all like Ron Paul. Unreal!! Maybe he does have a chance. BTW, did you guys read the hashtag on my last tweet?

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Poker legend doyle brunson tweeted a few minutes ago...he's been supportive since 2007. Has over 300K twitter followers too.

Doyle Brunson @TexDolly
Wow..Every response I've had, all like Ron Paul. Unreal!! Maybe he does have a chance. BTW, did you guys read the hashtag on my last tweet?
Could he be an asset in Nevada?

tttppp
01-27-2012, 05:52 PM
But yes: These are just examples of people whose endorsements would have an impact...

Thats pretty low Kelly Clarkson to retract her statement considering Paul supporters doubled her sales of her latest album I think.

king_nothing_
01-27-2012, 06:02 PM
Could he be an asset in Nevada?
I would think so...if he makes it more publicly known. He's basically the godfather of poker. Mere Twitter posts aren't going to cut it, though.

rpwi
01-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Here is a list of celebrity libertarians:

http://www.ranker.com/list/libertarian-celebrities/mrporcupine?page=1

Some big names in there... Kurt Russel, Chris Rock, Clint Eastwood, Jeff Foxworthy, Keanu Reeves, Matt Groening (??), Matt Stone, Trey Parker....just to name a few.

Good chance many of those are Ron Paul fans. Would be fun to put out an ad with a brief video clip of each celebrate saying vote Ron Paul...and see the impact it would have. Probably could get some non-libertarians like Nolan Ryan and Kelly Clarkson to chip in.

pacu44
01-27-2012, 06:11 PM

What do you think?

Richard Dreyfus

musicmax
01-27-2012, 06:15 PM

Bono doesn't endorse anyone but Bono. And I say that as someone who bought "Boy" on vinyl in '81 and every release since.

JohnMeridith
01-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Joe Rogan People!!!

Peace&Freedom
01-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Why all the picky comments? I know saying a few nice words about Paul (like the other candidates saying "Ron Paul is right" at the debates) is not an endorsement. But clarifying that you are not "endorsing" a candidate, as Clarkson did on NPR, is likewise not a repudiation of the supportive comments she made on his behalf. She never said she endorsed him, just talked him up favorably.

What would be more helpful is if the Paul super PACs went to Hollywood and actively lobbied to get celebrities to DONATE SUPER MONEY to the PAC. A few celebs making $1 million donations apiece would make for an emphatic endorsement of Paul, and a news headline, that would also give the campaign momentum. Even if it was a "shaky" celebrity in public perception (e.g., Charlie Sheen) by donating indirectly through the PAC, the campaign itself would be insulated from controversy.

Tod
01-27-2012, 06:25 PM

Here, on June 26th, 2011: http://www.frumforum.com/celebrity-endorsements-draw-attention-not-votes

Chuck Norris, who famously supported former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee last election season, has thrown his hat in the ring for Rep. Ron Paul.

Barry Manilow looked like he was endorsing Paul on camera but later said he didn't mean for it to sound that way.

walt
01-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Are these ideas all from the people drinking during last night's debate?

MrTudo
01-27-2012, 06:26 PM
Eastwoods a phoney. Libertarian. Baloney. Supporter herman caine

KCRPsupporter
01-30-2012, 01:10 AM

Actually, I am pretty sure she did not retract her endorsement. She simply made light of the hoopala surrounding the event.

alucard13mmfmj
01-30-2012, 01:28 AM
Supporting RP might end their careers ^^. They might not get jobs from producers or directors who might not think fondly of RP.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-30-2012, 01:52 AM
It's due to the stranglehold the liberals have on Hollywood. How dare a Celebrities (which are commonly Democrats) every endorse a Republican that doesn't pander to woman's rights and gay rights?