PDA

View Full Version : CNN: Ron Paul "Comedy Strategy"

liberty2012
01-27-2012, 03:37 PM

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
CNN keeps pushing Ron's debate performance yesterday as a "comedy strategy" to make himself more likeable. They also keep saying he had the best "one-liners" of the night and is pushing himself to be the charismatic alternative to the two frontrunners.

Yep, they've been pushing that all day. Not sure their angle here....

PauliticsPolitics
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
Yea, it's a weird angle, but it's better than other angles CNN throws at RP.

PeteinLA
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
It's kind of strange but at least it's getting his name out there compared to the silence of last week.

randomname
01-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Way to diminish his performance, CNN.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4381492764_8b9c6be6ec.jpg

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
It's kind of strange but at least it's getting his name out there compared to the silence of last week.

My thoughts too. Pushing his name out there doesn't help the Status Quo agenda...

Antwan15
01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E84VqqCPI7w

Funny How!

AhuwaleKaNaneHuna
01-27-2012, 03:49 PM
They just did it again and one of their correspondents used the angle that, Paul knows he will not be the nominee, so he doesn't have to be serious.

Then they go on to say, " he was the most personable up there" and" they say, when you tell the hard truth, you better mix it with some humor to help it go down." but then, the guy corrected himself and said, ' truth to him".

gerryb
01-27-2012, 03:51 PM
They were doing it in the post debate analysis too -- It all seemed good to me, and it was accurate...

freeforall
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Personally, I like when Ron has fun at the debates.

Elfshadow
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Whatever angle it is I like it. Three people that I know that want nothing to do with politics where talking about sending politicions to the moon this morning.

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 03:53 PM
Maybe their being nice before they revive the newsletter stories that are heavily trending right now......

acptulsa
01-27-2012, 03:54 PM
Probably trying to deny that the other three are clowns in suits by pointing out that the three clowns in suits aren't funny.

doronster195
01-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Actually, after James Carville said Ron Paul knows he won't be the nominee. The other guest said that Ron Paul wants to cut defense spending to the bone... Why the fuck is this allowed on TV?

Matthew Zak
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
It's crazy that the main stream establishment puppets can speak in pure one-liners and empty rhetoric for months and be rewarded with praise from the main stream media, and once a guy who puts the context of history into every factual answer he gives ties humor into his answers he is immediately discredited. I feel like the puppet masters are just fucking around now, playing chicken with the sheep's ability to recognize their thought-control strategies.

They could have an entire report on mind-control and how they themselves are guilty of it and people at home would just change the channel to whatever superficial entertainment could keep them pacified while they stuff their face with chicken nuggets.

Am I bitter?

Indiana4Paul
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
Actually, after James Carville said Ron Paul knows he won't be the nominee. The other guest said that Ron Paul wants to cut defense spending to the bone... Why the fuck is this allowed on TV?

Same reason Jersey Shore and the Real Housewives series' are on TV.

Guitarzan
01-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Their angle is this....Paul had a good debate performance last night. He was not only funny and likeable, but he was the most serious candidate up there in the sense of offering answers to the real problems that face us, while the others argued away about meaningless distraction issues.

So their bet is that many voters appreciated it and will look into Paul after last night. So they must have a way to acknowledge Paul, while still undermining his chances at the nom. Hence, the meme that Paul was 'funny' and that's why he had a good debate, (as opposed to having a good debate because of his beliefs and answers on the real issues). And they doubled down on that while WaPo releases another story about the letters on the same day.

ohgodno
01-27-2012, 04:13 PM
The angle is to pump him up all day - so he's unsuspecting when he comes on tonight when they drop the WaPo story on him…

CJLauderdale4
01-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Comedians for Ron Paul

randomname
01-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Their angle is this....Paul had a good debate performance last night. He was not only funny and likeable, but he was the most serious candidate up there in the sense of offering answers to the real problems that face us, while the others argued away about meaningless distraction issues.

So their bet is that many voters appreciated it and will look into Paul after last night. So they must have a way to acknowledge Paul, while still undermining his chances at the nom. Hence, the meme that Paul was 'funny' and that's why he had a good debate, (as opposed to having a good debate because of his beliefs and answers on the real issues). And they doubled down on that while WaPo releases another story about the letters on the same day.
And don't forget this Jack Welch thing which is all over the news today

specsaregood
01-27-2012, 04:22 PM
They are just covering their asses. They've been telling people all this time that Dr. Paul is a cranky old man; when most of us knew the truth of the matter. Last night the american people got exposed to the real him and exposed the media as liars.

Acala
01-27-2012, 04:25 PM
I honestly beleive they are flummoxed. None of their usual manipulations have worked. They ignore him, he gets stronger. They smear him, he gets stronger. They dismiss him, he gets stronger. His support doesn't vary with their machinations and they don't know what to do about it. The MSM is no longer running this show. But we have decades of propaganda to cut through in the minds of the voters.

Nathan Hale
01-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Yea, it's a weird angle, but it's better than other angles CNN throws at RP.

I think its a good strategy. The fact that it's being covered as such is kind of ehhhh, neither good nor bad, but as a strategy I think it's one of his best debate strategies. When he gets digs in and is funny he wins - I'm no fan of Paul's typical debate style, so I'm not always running around saying "he won the debate" after every debate. That said - he won last night's debate.

trey4sports
01-27-2012, 04:31 PM
lol, i think they are kind of right. Ron is trying to be a bit more comedic. I laughed at the "there are laws against age discrimination" line.

Havax
01-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe they aren't completely corrupt. Maybe it isn't completely a conspiracy. Maybe they were just reporting what appeared to be evident.

ScotTX
01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
They're doing it on The Five on Faux right now, too. The little guy said "I'm really starting to like Ron Paul!"

trey4sports
01-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Maybe they aren't completely corrupt. Maybe it isn't completely a conspiracy. Maybe they were just reporting what appeared to be evident.

NEVER!~

This was obviously a ploy by the NWO/Illuminati to undermine their previous accusations because of course, they control every thing.

centure7
01-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Gingrich has the best comedy strategy.

Gingrich: I'm not a lobbyist.
Audience: Laughs, then commits their vote to him.

normal_rc
It's a good strategy. It increases the likelihood that news media will show clips of Ron Paul, when they're showing a 15-30 second summary of a debate.

trey4sports
They're doing it on The Five on Faux right now, too. The little guy said "I'm really starting to like Ron Paul!"

The fake libertarian, Gutfield?

swissaustrian
01-27-2012, 04:38 PM
So now they're trying to ridicule him... Fighting didn't work so well. Ignoring is imposible.

They only serious guy on stage...
http://data3.blog.de/media/677/2152677_ae2b72f4fa_m.jpeg

RonPaulMyPresident
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
I prefer when there is laughter on stage. I don't like it when politicians get so emotional and angry like Santorum was getting last night.

The last thing America needs is an emotional President. We need someone calm to lead this country out of crisis.

Andrew Ryan
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
The fake libertarian, Gutfield?
yeah, him.

Nathan Hale
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I wouldn't call it ridicule (I haven't seen the tapes, I'm speaking strictly to their decision to call it a 'comedy strategy'). It's simply an acknowledgement that Paul has decided to pepper his answers with more humor in this past debate. I think it's a good strategy on his part - one of the biggest stereotypes about Paul is that he's this crotchety old guy chasing kids off his lawn, so showing a funny side can make him more endearing. As we saw on The Five, it's already endearing him to Gutfield.

Nathan Hale
01-27-2012, 04:42 PM
I prefer when there is laughter on stage. I don't like it when politicians get so emotional and angry like Santorum was getting last night.

The last thing America needs is an emotional President. We need someone calm to lead this country out of crisis.

good observation - I would like to see Paul say THAT in a debate.

KramerDSP
01-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Ron Paul's using the Rodney Dangerfield strategy and killing them with kindness.

jkr
01-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Way to diminish his performance, CNN.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4039/4381492764_8b9c6be6ec.jpg

oooooooooooooOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo a PRE-EMPTIVE CLOWNING!

kathy88
01-27-2012, 04:45 PM
CNN keeps pushing Ron's debate performance yesterday as a "comedy strategy" to make himself more likeable. They also keep saying he had the best "one-liners" of the night and is pushing himself to be the charismatic alternative to the two frontrunners.

They actually referred to him as an alternative?

Occam's Banana
01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Their "angle" is that Ron Paul is not to be taken seriously and that his campaign is a joke.

They may not come right out and say it that bluntly (well, most of them won't, anyway) - but that is *exactly* what they mean & that is the idea they intend to plant in people's heads.

When RP has a not-so-stellar performance, they have no problem with marginalizing & dissing him outright.

But they can't take that tack when he has a fantastic performance - as he did this time - because even some of the sleepiest sheep will react with, "Wha? Huh?"

So they have to damn hiim with faint, faux-friendly & left-handed praise

Carole
01-27-2012, 06:01 PM
CNN is now trying to tell the people not to take Dr. Paul seriously because he is a clown.

Just another form of marginalization.

They are back to the ridiculing angle.

Carole
01-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Maybe the moon is made of cheese and Newt wants to colonize it to eat it.

It IS the media. Duh! :D

acptulsa
01-27-2012, 06:19 PM
I honestly beleive they are flummoxed. None of their usual manipulations have worked. They ignore him, he gets stronger. They smear him, he gets stronger. They dismiss him, he gets stronger. His support doesn't vary with their machinations and they don't know what to do about it. The MSM is no longer running this show. But we have decades of propaganda to cut through in the minds of the voters.

And considering they've been working that propaganda up for decades, it has to piss them off that we're slicing through it as quickly as we are.