PDA

View Full Version : Any Suggestions for a 14' X 48' Billboard on I-84

jemuf
01-27-2012, 03:10 PM
I keep seeing replies lately so let me update.

I lost my enthusiasm for the billboard after experiencing the lack of enthusiasm for my idea. There were 4 stupid posts on the same day I created this thread. Then one helpful thread a couple days later and then nothing for 2 weeks.

Thank you to everyone who made RELEVANT & HELPFUL suggestions.

Of course this excludes Zanzibar and anyone else who suggested I do something else besides rent a billboard.

I'm thinking of renting a billboard on I-84 in Oregon. It's 14' X 48' and illuminated. It will cost $700/month, and I'll rent it for one year.

I'm leaning toward the following theme: Fox "News", bill o'reilly, or the media in general are biased. Any billboard I buy will include Ron Paul's name. I believe that voting for him would be implied.

Some of my ideas for text that would be displayed (all rough drafts):

1. Ron Paul Media Blackout Is On
2. We survived Obama, We'll survive Ron Paul
3. Don't rely on TV for facts.
4. Is FOX "News" Biased Toward Ron Paul?
5. Bias = Lies = Propaganda
6. Google & YouTube search Ron Paul

I'm not sure if legally I can include Fox "News", Google, or YouTube on a billboard since they're trademarks.

I won't rent it without contacting the Paul campaign first for permission to display my message.

cstarace
01-27-2012, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't just attack Fox News. All the mainstream media sources have been equally unfair to Dr. Paul.

ZanZibar
01-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Suggestions are to go door-to-door to local Republicans instead with official Campaign literature. Or if you are not in a target state, spend your time using the Campaign's phone-from-home system.

Danke
01-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Suggestions are to go door-to-door to local Republicans instead with official Campaign literature. Or if you are not in a target state, spend your time using the Campaign's phone-from-home system.

Sending Matt ZanZibar a new record.

jemuf
01-27-2012, 09:00 PM

Obviously I want relevant suggestions. I'm talking about a billboard you moron.

ZanZibar
01-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Obviously I want relevant suggestions. I'm talking about a billboard you moron.And I'm telling you what would be most effective in helping Ron Paul get elected.

Salutary7
01-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Using the names of companies in your ad won't bring up trademarks issue unless you design the text to look like the actual trademark. Using the names companies negatively brings up legal considerations, such as defamation. Even if you aren't likely to be found guilty of such civil offenses, it doesn't necessarily stop a company from filing a suit, so it may be best to avoid it altogether. I think positive/neutral ads are best, especially since negative messages run the risk of being misinterpreted.

What I'd really like to see is a maxim from one of the founders that fits well with Paul's platform or the current situation of the country. Some examples:

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto. --Thomas Jefferson

Conquest is not in our principles. It is inconsistent with our government. --Thomas Jefferson

All wars are follies, very expensive and very mischievous ones. --Benjamin Franklin

Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth. --George Washington

My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth. --George Washington

The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon. --George Washington

And of course, many more excellent quotes can be found.

KMX
02-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Please don't do #2

I would not attack anyone, I would promote Ron Paul.

Ron Paul stands for Freedom, Liberty and Small Goverment.

Ron Paul - Revolution

Ron Paul - Never voted to raise taxes or go to war. Google Ron Paul.

Something smart but simple.

presence
02-21-2012, 01:23 PM
BUY FLAGS INSTEAD!

700 x 12 = 8400.

You could buy 100 4 x 6 flags for that price and fly them until their tattered.

Better yet... you could buy 100 4 x 6 flags with "Ron Paul 2012 - Restore America Now"

http://fakechuckwestfall.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/ron-paul-2012-logo.png

http://www.northstarflags.com/custom-flags-4x6.html

Turn around and sell them at cost +10% on EBAY where there are

NO RON PAUL FLAGS FOR SALE (http://www.ebay.com/sch/?_nkw=ron%20paul%20flag&clk_rvr_id=317628456685)

Donate 10% to revPAC, reinvest your $$$ in same flag, blue background... Ebay again...

Another 10% to revPAC, reinvest round 3... this time Ron Paul Revolution flags...

Ebay again...

Now you have 300 4x6 flags flying high across the states!

AND

You've donated $1600 to revPAC

AND

You you still have $8400 to get your billboard on I-84, where you can say whatever you want about Fox...

Though I if I had your cash for a billboard I'd say:

DO YOU WANT GOLDMAN SACHS
RUNNING OUR COUNTRY AGAIN?

OBAMA = GOLDMAN SACHS
ROMNEY = GOLDMAN SACHS

RON PAUL = GOLD STANDARD
Restoring our Dollar is Restoring our Jobs

I'd go Black Background and Gold Text!

Though my signature line makes a good billboard too!

just sayin'

If I had $8400 to throw down on RP2012...

presence

Ron Paul + YouTube= Free
02-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Don't let anyone here tell you not to do the billboard, they are highly effective in areas of high traffic. Keep the message as simple as possible.

It's a well known marketing tactic to simply tell people what action you want them to take, like "Buy Coca-Cola", and they will do it.

I would suggest YouTube Ron Paul or Google Ron Paul if your going to spend your money making your own signs to put up on highway overpasses because you will not likely be sued. It would require more personal work but would give you much more exposure for the money. Fabric and paint are inexpensive.

If you're going for the commercial billboard however I would try "Research RON PAUL Yourself", "Support RON PAUL" or "Watch RON PAUL Videos".

You could do something like :

RON PAUL 2012

Watch videos at www.ronpaul2012.com

The key is a simple message to motivate people to learn about Ron Paul using non MSM video and other media.

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 08:31 AM

EITHER/OR is a recurring theme, when I would expect to find AND/BOTH/ALL OF THE ABOVE.

In less time than a standard pregnancy, the Fat Lady will have sung.

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 08:42 AM
I wouldn't just attack Fox News.

I surely would NOT invest my money by impugning Deep Pockets in representational black 'n white. THERE IS IT, proof of defamation. It will be incumbent upon the "Speaker" to defend the claim. "Easy enough" to do, but not cheap.

All the mainstream media sources have been equally unfair to Dr. Paul.

It would indeed be possible to remark on Media Bias, without naming names.

But I will suggest that, given constraints on time and money, straightforward name recognition/plug WITHOUT tangential argument/whining is probably the better play.

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 08:50 AM
And I'm telling you what would be most effective in helping Ron Paul get elected.

Ron Paul is running sometimes 3rd, sometimes 4th in a field of 4. Are you suggesting that insufficient phoning from home and door-to-door canvassing are lead causes?

Show of hands, who likes phone calls and knocks at the front door from Strangers?

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 09:06 AM
BUY FLAGS INSTEAD!

Billboards don't furl and unfurl, or go limp.

If you're talking about affixing all four corners of a flag, in the manner of a banner, why not careful (quasi-professional) stencil on flat sheets? I'm thinking that even with grommets punched into the corners, sheets would be a fraction of the cost of flags.

Motel/Hotel linen suppliers are a good source for flat sheets.

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Using the names of companies...

...prompts me to speculate that some local merchants, particularly where major highways dissect small towns, would be interested in "going in on" a billboard with (a) Ron Paul Supporter(s).

In the loosy-goosy manner of BOOK SMART LIFE STUPID people, the Supreme Court HAS ruled that such endorsement is NOT political contribution, but FREE SPEECH.

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Don't let anyone here tell you not to do the billboard, they are highly effective in areas of high traffic. Keep the message as simple as possible.

Yep.

Ask Truckin' Mike.

The key is a simple message to motivate people to learn about Ron Paul using non MSM video and other media.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?362802-Only-News-Ron-Paul-Website.-No-Ads.-Nothing-4-Sale.-Fast-Loading-for-Smart-Phones ?

NO ADS / NO PRODUCTS / NO BULL

Many people are tireder and angrier than Officials realize.

cheapseats
02-27-2012, 11:20 AM
LIBERTY! TAKE IT! IT'S YOURS!
R o n .. P a u l .. 2 0 1 2

presence
03-02-2012, 09:26 PM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/396215_298769723520929_100001637119568_842590_5648 65431_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/396215_298769723520929_100001637119568_842590_5648 65431_n.jpg

Carson
03-02-2012, 09:37 PM
"Any Suggestions for a 14' X 48' Billboard on I-84"

My first thought is not to use the valuable space to find fault in others but find some slogan that might bring us together.

Sound Currency.
Sound Country.
Ron Paul!

There must be a bunch of ideas that can bring us together as we pass the billboard.

It's a sign!

?

He's not the Beatles but...
thank goodness he is Ron Paul.
Give Peace a chance try.
Ron Paul

P.S. I remembered this one but now that I found it I see it is to long. Still, I thought it was a keeper.

It's already to late to elect Ron Paul in 2008.

Don't wait for it to be too late in 2012.

The soldier you save may have been needed here at home.

Weston White
03-05-2012, 02:15 AM
Yes, this is a great idea, here is my contribution, perhaps a bit excessive:

Introducing, the twelve-term Congressman, three-time American presidential candidate, Dr. Ron Paul (venerated on Capitol Hill as “Dr. No”):

• ANTI-“HOPE & CHANGE”
• ANTI-OVERBEARING-OVEREXTENDED NATIONAL GOVERNMENT
• ANTI-INTERVENTIONALIST SCAREMONGERING
• ANTI-PRISON-INDUSTRIAL-TECHNOCRATIC-MILITARY COMPLEX
• ANTI-TSA “POLICE STATE” SYNDROME
• ANTI-CRONY-CORPORATIST
• ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT & “BAILOUTS” FOR “TOO BIG TO FAILS”

• AUTHOR OF OVER HALF-A-DOZEN BOOKS ON ECONOMICS AND INDEPENDENCE
• PRO-STATES RIGHTS
• PRO-TRADITIONAL FAMILY VALUES
• PRO-RUGGED AMERICAN INDIVIDUALISM
• PRO-LIFE, LIBERTY, & PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS
• PRO-LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
• FATHER OF THE TEA PARTY & YOUNG AMERICANS FOR LIBERTY

Is it no small wonder that the duopolistic major news media consistently omits Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) from their polls?

Please, let’s begin restoring our America to its full pride and glory this 2012.
Vote Dr. Ron Paul as your 2012 United States President-elect.

* Perhaps a table layout with a classy photo of Dr. Ron Paul along one of the edges.

Weston White
03-05-2012, 03:12 AM
Or how about something more on the humorous side, like:

What do Thomas Paine, James Madison, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, Albert Einstein, and John Wayne all have in common?

Indubitably, they would each vote for Congressman Ron Paul to become their United States President in 2012.