PDA

View Full Version : Biased NBC/WSJ Poll with Interesting Results

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
Go to pg 18-19 and look at questions 16a-d.

Questions 16a-c ask how Romney, Gingrich, Santorum would do against Obama.

16d asks how Romney vs. Obama would fare if Ron Paul was running as an independent.

So, the survey didn't even ask how Paul would do in a head to head against Obama.

Of interest though, question 16d does show that Paul would pull support from Romney AND Obama when compared to question 16a.

16a) Obama 49%
Romney 43%

16d) Obama 45% (-4)
Romney 32% (-11)
Paul. 18%

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/120126NBCWSJfinal.pdf

mavtek
01-27-2012, 02:28 PM
What I find hilarious about that, is that this is the 2nd poll in which Paul has polled at 18% as a 3rd party candidate :)

tfurrh
01-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Ron Paul....what a friggin force to be reckoned with.

StilesBC
01-27-2012, 02:32 PM
So it says he can take about 8% of Obama's base. That wins the general, folks.

01-27-2012, 02:35 PM
All the talking heads are going to explode when Ron announces his 3rd party run. The GOP is stupid. If they ran a compromise Paul/Romney ticket they would destroy Obama in the general. Oh well, almost 20% would surely kick start a major thirds party, it's time for it to happen.

James Madison
01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
All the talking heads are going to explode when Ron announces his 3rd party run. The GOP is stupid. If they ran a compromise Paul/Romney ticket they would destroy Obama in the general. Oh well, almost 20% would surely kick start a major thirds party, it's time for it to happen.

A Paul/Romney ticket would be a terrible idea. Ron would just be asking to get JFK'd.

rp2012win
01-27-2012, 02:44 PM
All the talking heads are going to explode when Ron announces his 3rd party run. The GOP is stupid. If they ran a compromise Paul/Romney ticket they would destroy Obama in the general. Oh well, almost 20% would surely kick start a major thirds party, it's time for it to happen.Do you think 20% would allow paul to go 3rd party? I've not been thinking of a number but I'm sure if he thought he could do well he would do it. It would ensure his place in history no doubt.

01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
A Paul/Romney ticket would be a terrible idea. Ron would just be asking to get JFK'd.

Private security not the secret service and I'm sure Ron isn't scared.

Assassinating Ron would lead to mass civil unrest. They think we're bad now?

LanceK37
01-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Right now a Romney/Paul ticket is more likely with Paul as VP.

James Madison
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM

They'd blame some Iranian patsy and start a new war to distract the sheep. That's what happened with JFK and LBJ.

ronpaulfollower999
01-27-2012, 02:47 PM

But even if we get a liberty VP, what's to stop TPTB from taking him out too and making Boehner president?

LanceK37
01-27-2012, 02:49 PM

Romney is winning so he'd be the President, they wouldn't assassinate Paul as VP.

01-27-2012, 02:50 PM
Do you think 20% would allow paul to go 3rd party? I've not been thinking of a number but I'm sure if he thought he could do well he would do it. It would ensure his place in history no doubt.

I don't think he would win, but it would be quite the shakeup to American politics.

I've seen polls as high as 18% in a 3 way race already. It's not outside the realm of possibility that could rise to 30 something preventing a majority in the electoral collage and really shaking things up.

speciallyblend
01-27-2012, 02:50 PM

nope that ticket would lose. I would vote 3rd party before i would support that , NO ONE BUT PAUL or the gop elects obama. I would be ok with romney as vp on a Paul ticket but paul as a vp to status quo. I would rather see the gop burn in hell.

01-27-2012, 02:53 PM

They'd blame some Iranian patsy and start a new war to distract the sheep. That's what happened with JFK and LBJ.

But even if we get a liberty VP, what's to stop TPTB from taking him out too and making Boehner president?

Romney is winning so he'd be the President, they wouldn't assassinate Paul as VP.

A Romney/Paul ticket will never happen, Ron won't do it. VP has no power. It's a losing ticket anyway, most hardcore supporters wouldn't vote for it, lots don't trust Romney and we aren't a RP cult of personality.

I would not vote Romney/Paul

James Madison
01-27-2012, 02:56 PM

It's just like in Star Trek. Make the enemy de-cloak.

Tyler_Durden
01-27-2012, 02:59 PM
I don't want a Romney/Paul ticket, but I see that mentality swirling around in Romney's head, especially considering how gracious and respectful to Paul he is....

KramerDSP
01-27-2012, 03:28 PM
If RP runs third party and there is a three way split, no one has enough electoral votes. House of representatives then breaks the tie. Hello, President Romney.

The Gold Standard
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM

We're not worried about them assassinating Ron if he was VP. We won't even for vote for Ron as VP.

Indiana4Paul
01-27-2012, 03:39 PM
16d asks how Romney vs. Obama would fare if Ron Paul was running as an independent.

Of interest though, question 16d does show that Paul would pull support from Romney AND Obama when compared to question 16a.

16a) Obama 49%
Romney 43%

16d) Obama 45% (-4)
Romney 32% (-11)
Paul. 18%

http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/i/MSNBC/Sections/A_Politics/_Today_Stories_Teases/120126NBCWSJfinal.pdf

I would love, love, love to see this poll done in every state in the Union. I think there is a legit possibility that a Ron Paul 3rd party run is actually neutral in terms of the electoral college vote.

RonPaulMyPresident
01-27-2012, 03:41 PM
I don't think Ron Paul would take the VP spot even if it was offered to him. Do you think Ron Paul is in this for power? for money? No. The man is of principle. Hard to find a presidential candidate like Ron Paul. We might never see a presidential candidate like him ever in the future.

unknown
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
So it says he can take about 8% of Obama's base. That wins the general, folks.

This.

And 18%??????? Holy farts Batman.

gerryb
01-27-2012, 03:57 PM
This.

And 18%??????? Holy farts Batman.

Wish we could get that in the Republican Primary... That's 4% more than the last national poll for rep primary...

PolicyReader
01-30-2012, 06:45 PM
What I find hilarious about that, is that this is the 2nd poll in which Paul has polled at 18% as a 3rd party candidate :)
^This

And two things to add to this, Paul has seen a consistent upward climb in his numbers. And most of the voters outside the GOP aren't paying as much attention to the nomination right now so there are quite a few untapped votes for Paul among both Dems and especially Independents (many of whom don't even know enough about Paul yet to support him but who are increasingly likely too longer the elections go on both nomination and general)

dfalken
01-30-2012, 08:35 PM
^This

And two things to add to this, Paul has seen a consistent upward climb in his numbers. And most of the voters outside the GOP aren't paying as much attention to the nomination right now so there are quite a few untapped votes for Paul among both Dems and especially Independents (many of whom don't even know enough about Paul yet to support him but who are increasingly likely too longer the elections go on both nomination and general)

Yes. 18% NOW is huge as at least half of the country is not even paying attention yet. 10% more than that and he becomes a legitimate force to be reckoned with. I say keep building awareness through the Republican primary and then unleash the hounds...put the bullet in the head of the GOP and possibly win the general election as an independent. History he would make!