PDA

View Full Version : thanksgiving paint the town ron

sickmint79
11-11-2007, 08:24 PM
i don't want to have to bring up ron paul at thanksgiving...

i want to hear everyone talking about being unable to drive and not see 10 signs for ron paul on the way there. there should be an organized meetup/grassroots effort the night before to plaster everywhere... i will be putting up signs around my area fo sho. i will be driving to my cousins in indiana and i damn well hope to see some signs that you put up!

Cindy
11-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Hubby and I are going to get 125 signs out, also hitting alot of Interstate on and off ramps the Sunday- Tuesday before The Thanksgiving travel begins.

I love the thought of people bringing up at the Thanksgiving dinner table "Gee , we saw a lot of Ron Paul signs on the way here today."

parke
11-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Ditto.

Maybe get supporters to wear RP gear as they shop on Black Friday too?

parke
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
also check this out.

http://www.thesignbomb.com/#the_sign_bomb

walt
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
great ideas, don't forget to talk about Ron to people once you arrive!

wgadget
11-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Someone in my meetup group brought up another great idea for Black Friday----FREE DONUTS for the 3am lineup of shoppers. You know---Those die-hard shoppers that just HAVE to get the newest whizbang gadget of the Christmas season, or get the first $200 HDTV. The only catch is they have to take RP lit to go with it.

So here's what ya do. Get up REAAAALLL early (or stay up real late), wear your Ron Paul shirt, buy several dozen donuts, go to the big malls or strip shopping centers, and hand out donuts and RP lit. After you've hit one line, go off to the next store.....

When you're done, go out to post your ten signs. It should still be dark out and you can do it under cover. When daylight hits and the normal shoppers go out to shop, they'll get to see Ron Paul everywhere. This oughta be enough to keep any RP supporter out of trouble for the long weekend.

Primbs
11-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Many of the highways will be jam packed with people driving slow on Thanksgiving.

Highway 5 in California and 101 will be jammed.

Highway 95 on the East Coast will be jammed.

Place signs near the malls and airports.

sickmint79
11-11-2007, 10:06 PM
i'm putting the signs up the night before, definately donning some rp garb for black friday !

wgadget
11-12-2007, 08:01 AM
bump

pates03
11-12-2007, 08:09 AM
think about putting them around best buy as well. i work there and we have massive lines each year.

tobefree
11-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I agree. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel days of the year. We should have as many big banners up and sign waving events at the major highways and airports!

(I'm from California so the I-5 comes to mind.... maybe somehow light up the signs for the evening?..)

Also everyone traveling should have their Ron Paul gear on!

As others have mentioned, the next mass sign waving day can be at the malls on Friday, one of the busiest shopping days of the season!

We should keep spreading the word! Jd.

TanahC
11-19-2007, 11:35 PM
If you haven't yet -just write WWW.ronpaul2008.com on the back window of your car.
People can see it from your left and right on a 3 line highway.
If everybody on this forum or on the email-list of the teaparty07 would do this....
can you imagine how many millions of people could be exposed to Ron Paul's name
by driving around town or travelling from state to state?
People have asked me about Ron Paul and I have given them slim-jims, etc on the spot.
Name-Recognition...I'm telling ya'..... :) Pass it on-Pass it on!!!
So simple!
Go ron Paul!!!
:)

yaz
11-20-2007, 01:43 AM
everyone leave signs on the way to where you're going :P

Heather in WI
11-20-2007, 06:19 PM
i want to hear everyone talking about being unable to drive and not see 10 signs for ron paul on the way there. there should be an organized meetup/grassroots effort the night before to plaster everywhere...

This is a great idea!