PDA

View Full Version : Pro Paul comments on the FR live debate thread. More pro than con by end of night!

skytoucher
01-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Anyone familiar with Free Republic knows how hostile their forums are towards Dr Paul. Reading through their live debate thread is very telling and reinforces just how well Dr Paul did last night. Yes there was plenty of the standard operating procedure 'crazy uncle Ron' but as the debate went on the tide turned. It was weird -in a good way.

Notice how the quotes get better and better by the end of the debate:

Good for Paul!

Score one for Paul.

I may have to become a Paulista..

I am actually cheering for Ron Paul. yay for him.

Yup ..Paul is looking good tonight, above the fray.

Ron Paul has the best response!

He is attacking Fannie and Freddie..where the attack should be! Newt should go after Fannie and Freddie instead of attacking Romney..would be stronger!

ut oh, Santorum and Paul are winning this one.

Santorum and Paul looking the best tonight

Newt needs to kick it up a notch.

That was a GREAT answer from Rick. Thank you! At this point, I would vote for Ron Paul before I would ever cast a vote for Mitt Romney!

Santorum is the best man on that stage.

Ron Paul’s answer on Fan & Fred was as good as anything I’ve heard from him in this campaign.

Newt and Mitt are doing irreversible damage to each other.

Paul just KICKED puppy's ass on the age thing!

Medical records?

Get real!

Ron Paul has the great answer - 25 mile bike ride in hot Texas sun!

You know it’s a bad debate when Ron Paul is the funniest, most charming one on the stage!

Paul - send politicians to the moon!!!!!

I’m with Dr. Paul!

Ron Paul makes a lot of sense, but he makes no sense when he said we need more Gates and Buffets.

I can’t wait to vote for Paul in Virginia. And if Mitt’s the nominee, watching his concession speech in November.

I don’t trust him, don’t like him and if I want to vote for someone I feel this way about ... I’ll vote for Zero.

You can’t be serious about voting for Zero if Paul is not the candidate! What foolishness.

Question from audience: "I'm unemployed. What will you do for my healthcare?"
Paul has pretty good first response.

Newt got the boos when he tried to explain balanced budgets at the time were balanced based upon the way bookkeeping was done at the time. Weak answer. Paul was right. National debt went up each year.

Newt not doing well tonight.

Well damn. It sure looked like Paul knocked Newt over on the assertion of a balanced budget over 4 years.

Paul just cleaned the stage...Newt agreed.

Ok, lets have some Hispandering.

At least Paul didn't hispander...he'll pick based on actual qualifications....not race.

I am very impressed with Santorum tonight.

But Ron Paul gave me the most laughs with his clever one-liners.

I think that Newt has done well tonight thus far. Romney has held his own on most things except healthcare and his bad attacks on Newt. Santorum has done well. RPaul has gained some agreement with me on issues other than finance.

Ron Paul - humorous & almost charming tonight - he’s a funny little guy sometimes.

Paul nailed that question.

Drinking game! Romney taking Paul’s answer.

Ron Paul - humorous & almost charming tonight - he’s a funny little guy sometimes.

Frankly I have to agree much to my surprise.

Newt and Paul are the only ones who don’t use canned responses. This religion question is the best example of that.

Say what you will about Ron Paul, he does answer questions honestly.

Santorum did well tonight, got his game on. But I have never found more of what Ron Paul has said to agree with.

Yes, Paul has done well too.

Newt and Mitt are the big losers tonight.

Paul is Paul. He actually had some quirky, funny moments.

For those paying attention, Newt appeared weak tonight.
This is not even debatable. Lets be honest.

Paul had a very good night, Santorum had a great night, and unfortunately Romney had a good night...

Ron Paul didn't do too bad.

The audience was extremely stacked for Romney.

Paul - one of his better debates. He is really good on economic issues. And tonite there wasn’t too much on foreign policy, so he didn’t seem to wacky. And he always makes the debates fun. Pokes fun at everyone. And defuses the tension at times.

Can it be verified that busloads were brought in from the Romney camp?

Are there photos or videotape of these people and these busses?

I heard lots of shouts and applause for Ron Paul too.

Did he bus in his people?

Santorum and Paul did well tonight.

Newt's been kind to Paul the last two debates and on Laura Ingraham he mentioned there could possibly be a place for Ron Paul in his administration (at cabinet level I'm sure he means) because he and Paul agree on a lot of things especially about the Fed but certainly not on foreign affairs.

Either Mr. Santorum or Mr. Gingrich holding that bible next January on the west front of the Capitol, with Obama and Michelle sitting their with huge, royally p*ssed off frowns with streaks of tears on their two faces? Man, I'll take it. We'd start drinking early here (actually, it would be something like 2:00 a.m. our time in Japan). Hell I'd probably even be satisfied with a "President Ron Paul" taking the oath of office from the Chief Justice. (I can't believe I just said that!! I guess Obama is that bad for our country and our future).

I liked Newt, too, BTW. I’m now looking harder at Santorum and Ron Paul...we must break this good old boy network wide open. IMO

>> “Paul is an intelligent man, but he seems to speak in a stream of consciousness.” <<

I think he was the only person on that stage that demonstrated any understanding of our economic plight, and from whence it came.

Too bad he’s such a kook on foreign issues.

I’ll vote for Paul in the primary I’m in Virginia too. I’ll also not stay at home but vote for Obama if Mitt is running against him. We would be better off with Obama. Don’t vote for Mitt under any circumstance. That is giving in to the traitors.

Sometimes I do have to appreciate Paul’s answers. They’re quick and to the point ...a huge relief after some of Santorum’s and/or Romney’s rants.

sailingaway
01-27-2012, 12:12 PM
Too bad none of them mentioned that Santorum also backed the individual health care mandate in his 1994 election. The whole time Santorum was attacking Romney and Gingrich on that, he had done it himself.

thoughtomator
01-27-2012, 12:14 PM
and this is a place that previous purged all its Paul supporters, at least those willing to argue a point.

as a historical note, this nickname was invented Oct 3, 1998 when I signed up to Free Republic

It was a really good place up until Bush II took office, and it went downhill from there fast.

By 2005 I was getting censored for asking why we were putting our troops into nation-building meat grinders rather than just destroying enemies and getting out.

skytoucher
01-27-2012, 12:16 PM
and this is a place that previous purged all its Paul supporters, at least those willing to argue a point.

Used to be quite a few of us there.