PDA

View Full Version : We need to keep Ron Paul in the press!

Sematary
11-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Between now and December 16 is a long time in the eyes of the press! We need to come up with ideas on how to keep RP in the eyes of the press - keep his momentum going. So - ideas?
Perhaps a protest at the federal reserve?

max
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Between now and December 16 is a long time in the eyes of the press! We need to come up with ideas on how to keep RP in the eyes of the press - keep his momentum going. So - ideas?
Perhaps a protest at the federal reserve?

No one has EVER protested the Fed..

This would create lots of curiousity on the subject of Monetary Policy..

great idea if we could get 1000 Patriots to show up at each of the Fed Banks handing out DVD's of Russo's film...

(Here come the naysayers)

me3
11-11-2007, 08:22 PM
Right now, there is already a lot of momentum for the campaign office. They should be able to book a lot between now and early December.

Remember, Dr. Paul has to do some campaigning on the ground as well as debates.

I really think we need a board/community wide push to get ballot access taken care of, as well as delegates in all precincts. These are the hottest issues today, and people are waking up way too slowly to them...

Sematary
11-11-2007, 08:43 PM
Right now, there is already a lot of momentum for the campaign office. They should be able to book a lot between now and early December.

Remember, Dr. Paul has to do some campaigning on the ground as well as debates.

I really think we need a board/community wide push to get ballot access taken care of, as well as delegates in all precincts. These are the hottest issues today, and people are waking up way too slowly to them...

I kow about that delegate thing. That doesn't mean we shouldn't look for ways to get press and I think protesting the fed would be fantastic! I'll go!
Any other ideas?

Primbs
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
People in Phili were ready to protest the Federal Reserve since it was near the rally. They may have marched over there.

constituent
11-11-2007, 08:47 PM
i believe you might want to look into the 23 of december on that one...

uhhh... i'm sure some ideas will come about, can't rush these things.... you know how it is.

tomorrow someone will suggest something, and no one will notice, then someone else
will have the same idea and re-suggest it, a few will pick it up...

you know how this goes.

Naraku
11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Here's an idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35588

Goldwater Conservative
11-11-2007, 09:15 PM
Nobody will be paying much attention circa Thanksgiving (when we'll all hopefully be converting friends and family), and there's a debate shortly after that (Nov. 28?) which will probably give Paul a fair share of media attention, especially in light of November 5th.

McLane2007
11-11-2007, 09:20 PM
You could try using this

WRITE NEWS EDITORS
http://www.gop.com/GetActive/WriteNewspapers.aspx

Fyretrohl
11-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I know this one will sound weird...But...

How about the 'Grassroots' folks take a back seat for a couple of weeks. The press has been more about you/us than it has been about Ron Paul and the message. So, let's focus on the Feet on the Street, getting more people aware face to face, and showing in more ways that this is not just an internet virus. I believe Dr Paul will continue to be in the press. Let the campaign process the gifts they have recently been given. So, look for campaigns like going door to door, doing street corner rallies. Do some of the more normal campaign things to create simple visibility. Stick to Dr Paul's messages, instead of some of the various internal messages here. Campaign for Dr Paul the old fashioned way and allow HIM and his message to take the spot light. JMHO...

AlexMerced
11-11-2007, 09:27 PM
How about a massive dollar burning in front of the fed :)

Or we coordinate a massive purchase of euros or gold on one day to show the government our anger toward the debasement of the dollar

Naraku
11-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Nobody will be paying much attention circa Thanksgiving (when we'll all hopefully be converting friends and family), and there's a debate shortly after that (Nov. 28?) which will probably give Paul a fair share of media attention, especially in light of November 5th.

Well I came up with the idea to have it be a sort of promotional money bomb for December 16th.

AlexMerced
11-11-2007, 09:34 PM
Teaparty Slim Jims anybody?

justinc.1089
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Teaparty Slim Jims anybody?

I agree someone should make a promotional flier or slimjim for this. People could put them out there along with normal slimjims or whatever promoting Ron Paul. Then people would know about the BTP and Ron Paul.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:13 AM
People in Phili were ready to protest the Federal Reserve since it was near the rally. They may have marched over there.

we did. :)
Of course, it would be more effective if they were open. :D

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:14 AM
i believe you might want to look into the 23 of december on that one...

uhhh... i'm sure some ideas will come about, can't rush these things.... you know how it is.

tomorrow someone will suggest something, and no one will notice, then someone else
will have the same idea and re-suggest it, a few will pick it up...

you know how this goes.

We need to make the press now, not later. After the 16th I don't think press will be an issue.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
Here's an idea:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=35588

It's not a bad idea. How's it going?
We need to do something OFFLINE I think, though. Something concrete. The press isn't going to pay much attention to a money bomb if it doesn't outdo the last one.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:16 AM
You could try using this

WRITE NEWS EDITORS
http://www.gop.com/GetActive/WriteNewspapers.aspx

First, you need news. We need to CREATE news.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:18 AM
I know this one will sound weird...But...

How about the 'Grassroots' folks take a back seat for a couple of weeks. The press has been more about you/us than it has been about Ron Paul and the message. So, let's focus on the Feet on the Street, getting more people aware face to face, and showing in more ways that this is not just an internet virus. I believe Dr Paul will continue to be in the press. Let the campaign process the gifts they have recently been given. So, look for campaigns like going door to door, doing street corner rallies. Do some of the more normal campaign things to create simple visibility. Stick to Dr Paul's messages, instead of some of the various internal messages here. Campaign for Dr Paul the old fashioned way and allow HIM and his message to take the spot light. JMHO...

It's not like that stuff ever stops. It doesn't. We should NOT lay back. We need to do the things the campaign needs - like canvassing and becoming delegates, etc... etc... but we also need to keep his name in the news. It needs to be constant. We need to strive towards getting media attention consistently.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM
How about a massive dollar burning in front of the fed :)

Or we coordinate a massive purchase of euros or gold on one day to show the government our anger toward the debasement of the dollar

I like the idea of a protest in front of the fed. I think it sends a strong message - especially if we can get a couple thousand people there.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I agree someone should make a promotional flier or slimjim for this. People could put them out there along with normal slimjims or whatever promoting Ron Paul. Then people would know about the BTP and Ron Paul.

"soimebody" should. So why don't you start a chipin?

Fyretrohl
11-12-2007, 09:23 AM
So, let's take a step back and look at alternative ideas. Money bombs will become old news if we over use them. How about, instead of people giving their money to Ron Paul himself, we go out and do something good. All the meetups go out and get Thanksgiving Dinners put together and deliver them to the needy. No 'preaching' about Ron Paul, but, wear the t-shirts, etc. Let's put our feet where our mouths are. It is NOT the Governments job to help people in need. It is the PEOPLE'S job. So, people, get out there and show that we are willing to do it.

Money is not the only way to keep his name in the news and that is my point. Get the news off the internet and the grassroots. The news is still shoving us aside because everything seems to come from the internet. So, let's make a LARGE showing OFF the Internet. I heard numbers in Philly from 1500-5000 people. So, let's shoot for some kind of timed event, on the street, where we are talking 10s of 1000s. It needs to be something most of us can reach. Too few locations for fed buildings. We need something that can be focused on major cities, but still be done in small towns.

Slist
11-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Here is a weird idea: (you might find it dumb... ok, but better post it than keep it)

what if everybody would send something to someone? For instance: everyone orders and pays for a pizza/flowers or so sent to x (were x could be giuliani, blitzer... I don't know.. someone famous) Either with a metaphor or with some kind of message. It does not have to be pizza, it does not have to be someone opposing paul... and it should not be somehow hurtful.

If you want to target the fed...cheaply printed false money for barnake? Chocolade gold coins for him? A hint at the gold standard?

..ok, sorry, this sounds weird, but maybe it inspires some ideas. It would be different and newsworthy..

CelestialRender
11-12-2007, 10:38 AM
So, let's take a step back and look at alternative ideas. Money bombs will become old news if we over use them. How about, instead of people giving their money to Ron Paul himself, we go out and do something good. All the meetups go out and get Thanksgiving Dinners put together and deliver them to the needy. No 'preaching' about Ron Paul, but, wear the t-shirts, etc. Let's put our feet where our mouths are. It is NOT the Governments job to help people in need. It is the PEOPLE'S job. So, people, get out there and show that we are willing to do it.

That's an excellent idea. In fact, it's so excellent, that were it legal for me to get married, I would marry it.

fxmercenary
11-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Protesting in front of the Federal Reserve has been done before, they even got into the building face to face with the chairman on camera, who agreed to a hearing. Then he never showed up.

I would suggest watching. America; Freedom to Facism by Aaron Russo

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 10:56 AM
There's already been a couple of good ideas floating around : 1) Full page ad in the N.Y. Times or Wall Street Journal promoting Ron Paul and Dec 16, and 2)Getting that wicked 30 second commercial with the CCR song to air.

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 11:04 AM
A full page ad would be pricey, but the press would gobble it up, especially with an announcement of another money bomb. It would also get us a lot of prestige and make the campaign look top tier.

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 11:08 AM
How about the purchase of a huge billboard in Times Square?

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Full page ad in Time Magazine, Newsweek, U.S. News and world Report?

Sematary
11-12-2007, 12:29 PM
A full time ad in any of those newspapers or magazines is a tremendous idea but they are extremely expensive - to the tune of tens of thousands of dollars each and you also need a PAC to funnel the money through. A great idea, nevertheless.

One last note on this however. Considering the cost of such endeavors, I think it would be better to direct that money towards the campaign on December 16

bolidew
11-12-2007, 04:43 PM
bump for more ideas.

Fyretrohl
11-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Simple Websites...

I would suggest simple websites with limited of the more controversial topics to point new possible supporters to. IE: Our Meetup groups are already talking about the Fed Protest/March/whatever. Well, why not get a site where the general idea can be put out there, without the other stuff that comes from these forums. Then, each 'group' can get the information posted on their specific plans for that date. Then, as we talk to people before, we can point them to that specific site. OR, for those with the funds, billboards or radio or newspaper ads that are cryptic and drive people to the site. Again, keep the message, limit the controversy, and keep it clean and easy to read. <I have a HARD time keeping up with the various threads here and run into trash I would rather avoid<Trash is my own opinion and not meant to degrade any specific person or take away their right. Merely excersing my right to consider it such. :)>>

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 05:13 PM
I'm liking a "Ron Paul Thanksgiving" that was brought up - assuming we can get enough press. I'm sure the campaign would be happy to have RP talk it up and put out press releases before and after.

This would be a charitable cause - which is part of RP's free market platform. Subsidies and other use of our tax dollars for the poor is a resditribution of or wealth without our say. Then what happens? The government is so bloated and so corrupt that our taxes go to rebuidling bridges we blew-up in Iraq, building ballistic missle defense sytems in Europe that anger Russia, while also using our taxes to prop up dictators - and the poor and homeless at home are virtually left out.

RP's idea is to end all this, we become wealthier without federal taxes (will still have state taxes) and are thus able to afford to give more directly to the community because we have more wealth. This wil be an example that this process can and will work that RP envisions.

Having all the MeetUp's march down in RP gear to food shelters across the nation on the day of or day before Thanksgiving with food (no chanting - just peaceful community service in RP garb) would send a great message. Each MeetUp could notify their local press.

How many other candidates have their supporters doings something charitable like this WHILE they in turn support the platform of their candidate!? We are giving now while being heavily taxed so we can give even more for future Thanksgivings when we are taxed far less under President Paul!

This would need a really nice website for the press to see and pledges to show support about donating food to the needy on Thanksgiving.

If every MeetUp gets involved we will have tens of thousands of pledges on the website (ideally a week or so before Thanksgiving so the press can be notified) and we demonstrate the true Hope for America that RP represents.

Thoughts?

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 05:19 PM
Full page ad in Time magazine: 77,000.00 (B&W) and 120,000.00 (Color). In a recent thread I got the feeling that a serious attempt for a full page ad in U.S.A. Today was being attempted.

Ozwest
11-12-2007, 05:22 PM
tmg19103, That's a great idea!

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 05:35 PM
tmg19103, That's a great idea!

Thanks! Others game to this? Any good web designers lurking?

I bet www.ronpaulthanksgiving.com or org. is available.

It can explain what I explained above about RP's paltform and how less taxes equals more charity in precise detail while taking pledges.

The pledge can be a a Thanksgiving Dinner per person to the needy. All that is needed is some turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravey, cranberry sauce and a veggie. Cost about $10 - or cheaper if taken from our own family Thanksgiving meals. Other option is for the whole MeetUp to give a bunch of Butterballs or whatever.

The key is to get this out to the press. It will show a new and different side of RP supporters to the press and the country that middle America will eat up (pun intended).

Naraku
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
I think it is certainly a nice wholesome Thanksgiving story that the media just might love covering. It certainly would get lots of coverage by local media, which is a good idea.

Getting coverage in the local media is almost as, if not more important, than national media. It would be get focus on getting people in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Michigan to go for that.

tmg19103
11-12-2007, 05:50 PM
Thanks! Others game to this? Any good web designers lurking?

I bet www.ronpaulthanksgiving.com or org. is available.

It can explain what I explained above about RP's paltform and how less taxes equals more charity in precise detail while taking pledges.

The pledge can be a a Thanksgiving Dinner per person to the needy. All that is needed is some turkey breast, mashed potatoes, gravey, cranberry sauce and a veggie. Cost about $10 - or cheaper if taken from our own family Thanksgiving meals. Other option is for the whole MeetUp to give a bunch of Butterballs or whatever.

The key is to get this out to the press. It will show a new and different side of RP supporters to the press and the country that middle America will eat up (pun intended).

At this pace, the Tea Party will get $10 million. Money is not a big concern.

Charitable will really sell - middle America will eat it up and thaose who think RP supporters are to whatever will see us in a new light. A Turkey Bomb on a Ron Paul Thanksgiving - then the Tea Party money bomb.

Sematary
11-12-2007, 11:04 PM
At this pace, the Tea Party will get $10 million. Money is not a big concern.

Charitable will really sell - middle America will eat it up and thaose who think RP supporters are to whatever will see us in a new light. A Turkey Bomb on a Ron Paul Thanksgiving - then the Tea Party money bomb.

We should EASILY hit 10 mil. I know I'll be supporting the hell out of this! :D

vroomery
11-13-2007, 12:30 AM
this really is an amazing idea...the ron paul thanksgiving that is

someone should head this up for sure and start giving the marching orders...ron paul supporters are always ready to follow a good cause when they see one