PDA

View Full Version : FLORIDA Delegate process!!! DEADLINE to file for delegates FEB 1st!!

Elwar
01-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Fill out this form and send it in ASAP!!!

http://rpof.org/wp-content/uploads/2012DelegateOath.pdf

This is all I know of the process so far.

mmadness
01-28-2012, 03:02 AM
bump

alucard13mmfmj
01-28-2012, 03:10 AM
pardon my ignorance but, isnt it winner takes all? like the winner in florida takes all the delegates.

PolicyReader
01-28-2012, 03:14 AM
pardon my ignorance but, isnt it winner takes all? like the winner in florida takes all the delegates.
"Winner take all" isn't really 'winner take all' in the way it sounds.

There are delegates assigned per county/district and then 'state wide' delegates as well. Each area is winner take all within it's borders but doesn't effect the other areas. Similarly the 'state wide' delegates are assigned to whoever wins the vote state wide.
But it's not literally 'winner take all'.

Link: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/FL-R

TheTyke
01-28-2012, 03:15 AM

Similar perhaps, BUT in a brokered convention where no one has a clear majority, delegates then become unbound and can vote for whoever they like. Not to mention binding doesn't stop them from electing liberty friendly party officials, which is crucial to the future of our movement.

IMHO, every Paul supporter should try to become a delegate.

alucard13mmfmj
01-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Similar perhaps, BUT in a brokered convention where no one has a clear majority, delegates then become unbound and can vote for whoever they like. Not to mention binding doesn't stop them from electing liberty friendly party officials, which is crucial to the future of our movement.

IMHO, every Paul supporter should try to become a delegate.

i see i see ^^ delegates game.

mmadness
01-28-2012, 05:23 PM
bump

mmadness
01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
bump

Okaloosa
01-29-2012, 04:27 PM
How are delegates picked for Florida. Does the district chair get to pick one of their buddies or is there some sort of a vote.

RPit
01-29-2012, 04:36 PM
How are delegates picked for Florida. Does the district chair get to pick one of their buddies or is there some sort of a vote.

I believe its a lottery :) (or vote) thats why every RP supporter should put their name in. Stuff the box.

mmadness
01-29-2012, 09:38 PM
bump

BrittanySligar
01-29-2012, 09:42 PM
bump. filled out.

mmadness
01-30-2012, 08:24 PM
bump

sailingaway
01-30-2012, 08:25 PM
did you also put this in the Florida forum?

Feelgood
01-30-2012, 08:36 PM
I was going to try to become a delegate, but since I could not get the answers I needed, I gave up. Florida seems to be so far off peoples radar, that it is nearly impossible to get the questions answered that you need. Google is of no help.

IMO just write Florida off, its too late to get on the delegate list now anyways.

mmadness
01-30-2012, 08:39 PM
I was going to try to become a delegate, but since I could not get the answers I needed, I gave up. Florida seems to be so far off peoples radar, that it is nearly impossible to get the questions answered that you need. Google is of no help.

IMO just write Florida off, its too late to get on the delegate list now anyways.

Did you contact the campaign or your local RP supports in FL? What about local GOP?

LatinsforPaul
01-30-2012, 08:41 PM
Mark Cross
Florida Regional Coordinator
Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Mark Cross, an Osceola County GOP activist is the Paul campaign's only paid Florida staffer.

http://www.markcrossea.com/0/Home

libertybrewcity
01-30-2012, 08:43 PM
bump

truthspeaker
01-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Contact your local meetups and see if they had delegate training. If they already have someone to run as delegate in your primary convention, then go there during it and vote for that person.

neverseen
01-30-2012, 09:14 PM

sign the paper, notarize, mail. How hard could it possibly be? There is a small window for delegates. jan 30 to feb 3 i believe. That'd be now. Do this. now.

http://rpof.org/our-blog/delegate/

neverseen
01-30-2012, 09:42 PM
bump. This needs to be mailed on Jan 31st via certified mail if you expect to get it in on time! READ the rules on the page.

BUMP

mmadness
01-30-2012, 09:53 PM
sign the paper, notarize, mail. How hard could it possibly be? There is a small window for delegates. jan 30 to feb 3 i believe. That'd be now. Do this. now.

http://rpof.org/our-blog/delegate/

Good point. There is always a price for success. Some are willing to pay it, some are not.

Ron Paul has fought for you for 30+ years. Are you willing now to fight for Ron Paul when he needs that support?

sailingaway
01-30-2012, 10:33 PM
bump!

sailingaway
01-30-2012, 10:36 PM
It says:

Must be returned via certified or overnight mail to:
Republican Party of Florida
420 East Jefferson Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301

Usually the post mark date is the right one but it doesn't say so, so you might want to use postal express overnight, to make sure it is there on time. Certified mail is not overnight.