PDA

View Full Version : We ARE Winning......and I don't say that lightly....more inside.

BLS
01-27-2012, 11:10 AM
I visit a very Republican firearms forum (probably the largest in the world) frequently.
1 year ago, they HATED Ron Paul. There was maybe 10 guys who would stand up and say they were RP fans, but for the most part they hated him because of his FP.

Most of the members on this site are hard core gun owners, Law Enforcement and Military members.

Thread started yesterday:

hxxp://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1282062_I_never_thought_I_would_say_this_but____po ssible_180_on_Ron_Paul_.html (http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1282062_I_never_thought_I_would_say_this_but____po ssible_180_on_Ron_Paul_.html)
(hxxp://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1282062_I_never_thought_I_would_say_this_but____po ssible_180_on_Ron_Paul_.html)
DO NOT REGISTER an account and post in that thread. They will BAN YOU IMMEDIATELY.

But, read the comments. Folks are coming around to limited government. These people are starting to believe we're headed for riots in the streets, state economies collapsing, etc. Europe is just the opening act.

We need to continue pushing on with winning delegates. By the time the convention comes, we might just have enough support to sway the tide.

Philosophy_of_Politics
01-27-2012, 11:27 AM
You should talk to them, that Ron Paul isn't Anti-Israel. He just wants to return to how the USA use to support Israel, before foreign aid existed.

Good to see people looking beyond their narrow world views, and waking up to the realities to what is at stake here.

Mr. Rapp
01-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Yeah, but by the time they wake up, it may be too late.

tfurrh
01-27-2012, 11:47 AM
went there. Good things.

LanceK37
01-27-2012, 11:51 AM
The poll numbers in Minnesota don't show this.

JimInNY
01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
I have been a member at AR15.com since 2000 I think. After GWB was elected, and 9/11 occurred, I got sick of the neocon BS spewed there every day, and I haven't been back since, except maybe for some tech info or a part.

It's good to see some are waking up, but there is still too much war mongering and support for Newt Romney to make me want to use that forum any time soon.

Napolitanic Wars
01-27-2012, 11:56 AM
Frankly I get tired of these quaint little personal stories about a friend who likes Ron Paul now. They're meant to be inspiring but it doesn't work. What matters are polls. I heard a lot of those stories during elections where we lost.

wgadget
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
Ron is the ONLY pro-gun candidate left.

thoughtomator
01-27-2012, 11:59 AM
the wake-up is happening exponentially... you're seeing it in all sorts of places you'd never have seen it before

StilesBC
01-27-2012, 12:02 PM
Ron is the ONLY pro-gun candidate left.

Wouldn't exactly run around calling him "pro-gun". He's pro-2nd amendment.

SWATH
01-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Meander on over to the politics forum there ar15.com->general->politics & activism.

The Goat
01-27-2012, 12:14 PM
wen't over their, this may be the stupidest post I've ever seen and points out why were doomed. who in their right mind thinks the republicans will actually listen to Paul if he doesn't get the nomination? this is the people that vote for Newt.

Whomever wins the R nomination, I will vote for with a clear conscience, knowing that the worst R running is infinitely better for America than
the slimeball currently stinking up the white house.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination, he'll get my vote. No problem.

But the same can be said for Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum.

Personally I'm supporting Newt and will vote for him in the FL primary.

However, if RP doesn't get the nomination, I seriously hope that whomever DOES get it, listens to Paul's ideas and sees
that there is merit in several of those ideas, and he should adopt similar policies.

I think RP is a positive influence, regardless of what may happen next.

CJ

Athan
01-27-2012, 12:22 PM
No wonder they hate Paul, AR-15's are inferior to a M4's.
Our Ron Paul full auto guns are the shit. Bring on the Mad Max, we'll bring the heat!

newbitech
01-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted By Warpiper:When Islamists detonate a nuclear device here you'll realise just how insane his foreign policy is.

Fuck Romney and fuck Paul.
AND WHAT MYTHICAL PRESIDENT DO YOU THINK IS GOING TO RIP OPEN HIS SHIRT AND KEEP THIS FROM HAPPENING?

Wake up.

best response.

Athan
01-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Yeah, but by the time they wake up, it may be too late.
This. By the time they fall down the rabbit's hole, America's fate will be sealed. It isn't just some guys trying to fear monger. 16 Trillion in debt and 64 Trillion in future liabilities is just about past the point of no return.

helmuth_hubener
01-27-2012, 12:26 PM
People can't even think for two seconds and realize "hmmm, maybe strutting around and talking tough doesn't necessarily ensure that the government will have magical omnipotence and be able to stop anyone from ever being able to make any kind of attack." People just have government-worship. Oh yeah, if it weren't for the gooberment's infinite wisdom, well, I'd be digging in the dirt, looking for worms to eat, because they're the only ones who know how to do anything. They're the only ones who know how to protect me from hitting my head or falling down staircases or eating poisonous things. And they're definitely the only ones who know anything about keeping Bad Guys like Hitler and Iran and the Ayotollah and the Libyans and, oh yeah: Grenada at bay, they're the only ones who can keep me from being smithereened to bits every single day by these Bad, Scary Guys.

Let us ward off evil Ron Paul influence by repeating the Prayer of the Neocon:

Oh I thank thee, my Great Goonverment, for thy wisdom, beneficence, and never-sleeping vigilance to protect me from myself, from my neighbor, from nature, and in short from the entire planet, all of which other than yourself, oh Great Goonverment, is united in an effort to destroy me. Thank goodness I have one ally against the malevolent world, my one true friend: you, Goonverment. May your Gooniness ever flourish. Amen.

But yes, you're right, BLS: we are winning. The most hopelessly pious Goonverment worshipers are dying off. Ron Paul is winning over millions to a more skeptical stance, especially the young with long lives of subversion ahead of them. We are winning.

ForLiberty2012
01-27-2012, 12:31 PM
If Santorum drops out, I'm leaning towards Ron Paul

I hope Santorum drops out.... I believe that the majority of his support will come to us.

dusman
01-27-2012, 12:44 PM
To tie back to your irrational reference to how "liberal idiots who blame violent crime on society and/or the victim and believe that street violence would cease to be a problem if everyone were forced to be disarmed" That is JUST WHAT YOU ARE SAYING by insisting that we should stop Iran's Nuclear weapons program. YOU are saying that only WE (the government) should have guns, and not anyone else. I say if Iran wants nukes, let them have 'em. They want to play big boy games, then they better be able to accept big boy consequences.

I never connected the disarming of Iran to being similar as going against the 2nd Amendment. That is a pretty clever argument. :D

pinkmandy
01-27-2012, 12:48 PM
I never connected the disarming of Iran to being similar as going against the 2nd Amendment. That is a pretty clever argument. :D

Agree. Love that angle.

jmdrake
01-27-2012, 12:57 PM
wen't over their, this may be the stupidest post I've ever seen and points out why were doomed. who in their right mind thinks the republicans will actually listen to Paul if he doesn't get the nomination? this is the people that vote for Newt.

Whomever wins the R nomination, I will vote for with a clear conscience, knowing that the worst R running is infinitely better for America than
the slimeball currently stinking up the white house.

If Ron Paul gets the nomination, he'll get my vote. No problem.

But the same can be said for Romney, Gingrich, or Santorum.

Personally I'm supporting Newt and will vote for him in the FL primary.

However, if RP doesn't get the nomination, I seriously hope that whomever DOES get it, listens to Paul's ideas and sees
that there is merit in several of those ideas, and he should adopt similar policies.

I think RP is a positive influence, regardless of what may happen next.

CJ

I'm not sure why that post bothers you so much. That's the kind of person we can win over with a win. The stupid comment was the "don't vote for Ron Paul or we'll get nuked" idiot. I wish someone could post this video of Santorum on that forum. (Hey, that rhymed!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRW30b_51KY

Anyhow, +rep to the OP!

jmdrake
01-27-2012, 01:00 PM
You should talk to them, that Ron Paul isn't Anti-Israel. He just wants to return to how the USA use to support Israel, before foreign aid existed.

Good to see people looking beyond their narrow world views, and waking up to the realities to what is at stake here.

If I had an account there I'd post these three videos.

Muslim bashing pro Israel, Christian, Krav Maga instructor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pAaROwDDmY

Supports Ron Paul.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3N0s_Ibau4

Because Ron Paul understands that friendship doesn't equal handouts and would cut handouts to Israel's enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOsAgr2g26M

Deborah K
01-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Frankly I get tired of these quaint little personal stories about a friend who likes Ron Paul now. They're meant to be inspiring but it doesn't work. What matters are polls. I heard a lot of those stories during elections where we lost.

Really? When was the last time you saw a poll in the MSM that showed Paul's numbers against Obama's?

JimInNY
01-27-2012, 01:46 PM
I'm not sure why that post bothers you so much. That's the kind of person we can win over with a win. The stupid comment was the "don't vote for Ron Paul or we'll get nuked" idiot. I wish someone could post this video of Santorum on that forum. (Hey, that rhymed!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRW30b_51KY

Anyhow, +rep to the OP!

I pinched my nose and went back over to that den of warmongering to post your video, but the thread was locked:

SYSTEM

Posted: Today 12:04:17 PM EST
[Last Edit: Today 12:04:17 PM EST by DK-Prof]
Please keep it in the designated Ron Paul threads

They even have neocon designated free speech zones now I guess.

mosquitobite
01-27-2012, 02:02 PM
the wake-up is happening exponentially... you're seeing it in all sorts of places you'd never have seen it before

yes!!

LanceK37
01-27-2012, 02:09 PM
Really? When was the last time you saw a poll in the MSM that showed Paul's numbers against Obama's?

Then why aren't all of these Democrats and Independents showing up to vote for Paul in the open primaries?

LanceK37
01-27-2012, 02:10 PM

Then why aren't all of these Independents and Democrats showing up to vote for Paul in the open primaries?

LanceK37
01-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Internet problems....:eek:

BLS
01-27-2012, 02:15 PM
I pinched my nose and went back over to that den of warmongering to post your video, but the thread was locked:

They even have neocon designated free speech zones now I guess.

Well the deal was the pro Ron Paul people were basically spamming the board and the Moderators finally decided to make a RP Anything Goes Thread and a PRO RP Only Thread. Trust me...it was necessary...people were getting the ban hammer left and right. Something had to be done.

It was beyond civil anymore.

Deborah K
01-27-2012, 02:55 PM
Then why aren't all of these Independents and Democrats showing up to vote for Paul in the open primaries?

Not sure what you're getting at. I was responding to someone who said "feel good" threads are a waste of time, the only thing that matters are polls. My point to him was, if polls mean so much to him, the only one that really matters is how Ron does up against Obama and surprise, surprise - while we see them for the other candidates, we rarely if ever see how Ron does against Obama, therefore what the hell good are polls that are controlled by a media that hates Ron?

eleganz
01-27-2012, 03:02 PM
For the most part, Ron easily gets the niche freedom groups. The reason is something they deeply care about is being threatened so it forces them to pay attention and do research.

Groups like gun, pot, raw milk, online gambling, cigar, etc...

It doesn't mean the general public thinks this way. We have a ton of work to do if we're going to sway public opinion. We must do this one by one because its obviously not happening on national media mediums.

This is why we all need to organize volunteer efforts and get to targeted phone calling and precinct walking and tabling.

Tudo
01-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Glad to see some of them waking up. Far as the other ones . there grandchildren ( only theres ) should inherit the world they are creating. Traitors.

georgiaboy
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM

shameless, I know...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?333368-Do-Nations-have-2nd-Amendment-Rights&highlight=amendment

alucard13mmfmj
01-27-2012, 03:46 PM
how can we help israel if we are broke? how can we give israel monetary/military aid if we are broke? what can israel do with US dollars that will be worthless soon?

Txrose4ever
01-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Wow. That was some good reading...........